HelloFund Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.66/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Very positive, the customer support alone is worth the fee. Thank you all for your help and support of Heroes Night Out.

BC

KC

Katie C.

JH

Jillian H.

I don't like that you can't really edit and customize to your brand.

MH

FACTS-logocaret

FACTS

Blackbaud eTapestry-logocaret

Blackbaud eTapestry

How would you rate HelloFund?

HelloFund is Great!

I love HelloFund! I think their customer service is unmatched. And there is something to be said about having a LOCAL company nearby to help with anything you need. They are great to work with!

Pros

I really love the dashboard - it is very user friendly and easy to manipulate from an Administrator perspective. Auction items are incredibly easy to upload and real-time changes are easy as well. The donor check-in process is also very user friendly! The reports are also great and thorough and the HelloFund Team is wonderful to work with - big fans! :)

Cons

The only struggle I have had is with multiple events back-to-back: sometimes logos from previous events get left on new pages, confirmations text messages with previous event language, etc., as well as getting the reports I needed due to having changed over to a new event. However, the team is always quick to help and correct any issue!

Thank you so so much, Audrey! We love working with y'all!

Excellent Software

Pros

Our Booster Club began using Hello Fund this year for all of our fundraising activities. We have had record numbers in every single activity. Not only has this system allowed us to get to more donors, it has saved countless hours of time for our volunteers and treasurer with the real time spreadsheets. Finally, 98% of our donors cover their fees, so there has been no loss to revenue, only significant gain!

Cons

I can’t think of anything that I did not appreciate about this software.

Thank you so so much, Katy! We love working with y'all and looking forward to more fundraisers soon!

Easy to use fundraising software for personal fundraising campaigns

We have used HelloFund for our past two fundraising campaigns that we hold in conjunction with our annual Tackle Pet Hunger pet food drive. We've had very good experiences with setting up the campaigns each year. The first year I had a few questions, which were quickly and satisfactorily answered by HelloFund. They have been very good to work with!

Pros

HelloFund is very easy to set up and navigate. It's very user friendly and intuitive and integrates with Stripe, which we already use for payment processing.

Cons

Overall, HelloFund is a great choice for fundraising campaigns. The biggest drawback is that you must specifically invite or manually add individual fundraisers to set up pages for your campaign. There is no easy way for an individual to see the campaign and decide to set up a page without contacting the organization or being invited in the first place. This hasn't been a problem for us, but it definitely is an area that could be improved.

Thanks so much for your feedback, Jill! We are working on some updates to our fundraising platform and this is great information for us to create a better product.

HelloFund is a simple, yet powerful virtual fundraising solution.

HelloFund has been in our tech toolbelt for several years. I love the simplicity and how quickly I can get a fundraising page up. And they look great on all device sizes.

Pros

The fact that HelloFund has native integrations with our payment processor (Stripe) and CRM (Salesforce) added additional value to their simple-to-use fundraising platform.

Cons

I'd like to see an integration with Zapier so that we can send data to some of our other applications. Most importantly our email marketing provider.

Thank you sir!!!

Easy to use and great customer service

It was a great first experience! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is great to work with - he was super helpful, explained things multiple times if we needed it, and waked us through all our questions/concerns.

Pros

The software was relatively easy to navigate for me as a first time user. Once I spent a little more time working with it, I had a much better understanding of its capabilities. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] with HelloFund was a phone call away to help us get our gala set up. He walked us through the program and made himself available frequently the last week or so leading up to our event.

Cons

There's a lot of tabs I don't feel we utilized. I am not sure of what they even are but I feel like there is more to use than what we did.

Thanks so much, Irene! Great working with your team on this fundraiser. Looking forward to working with you again in the near future!

Great customer service

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was amazing! He saved the day for our event and checked in throughout the evening to make sure everything was running smoothly. He trained our team so well and answered every question we could think of. We can't recommend them enough!

Cons

No negatives, we really enjoyed this product.

Thank you so so much, Angela! Great working with you on the event and look forward to working more in the future!

A Leader in Customer Service

Warm, friendly, personal and professional. They also are always looking at the whole picture to make sure there are no gaps in the process of fundraising as it relates to their software and your donors' experience.

Pros

HelloFund is personal, comprehensive, trustworthy, and user-friendly for donors interacting with the software as well for the team implementing the software. It's not your standard "kit" provided by most of the online software companies - HelloFund's customer service is real people in real time who value your donors and your team.

Cons

The cost is the most significant con if purchasing the full package, but it's comparable to competitors who (from experience) pitch their customer service as being available to help but send you to video tutorials to "learn" their system rather than offering dedicated reps to help manage their software they already know inside and out. So in the end the dollars paid are an investment versus true cost.

Thank you so so much :). Miss working with you more!!!

Great customer service

Hellofund allows our school volunteers to operate a storefront for spiritwear and outreach event ticketing while the administration uses it for major events, fundraising, and sponsorships.

Pros

The main benefit of this system is the personalized support and service received. Unlike most other corporate systems, Hellofund is backed by a real person who knows you and your nonprofit.

Cons

It would be great to interface with donors during an event with software communications features.

Thanks for the review Andrea! I know you mentioned the communication during an event. Do you mean the Text Message and Emails for the Gala? We do have this functionality for a Gala...would love to chat with you more about this. Thanks again and talk soon!

Great platform with great results

Easy for people to follow

Pros

Easy to follow and manage and control by all staff

Cons

reports on the deposits in our bank - will switch to bi weekly

Thanks so much, Fernando! Enjoyed working with you on these fundraisers for your organization. Yes, I think moving to the bi-weekly or monthly will help with accounting aspect moving forward.

Easy use backed by engaged support

We loved using HelloFund![SENSITIVE CONTENT] is so attentive and quick to answer questions and provide support. What a blessing to have this tool when planning and executing a whole school fundraiser.

Pros

We were able to set it up and go! Once we dialed in our needs, it ran itself.

Cons

We would have loved to give parents/donors access to each child page via a set link. Ex. warriorrun2022/AddieMoore so students could track their progress and write thank you notes. The team had to provide these from the backend when requested.

Thank you so so much, Cammie!!! Loved working with your team on this event and hope to work many more fundraisers in the future!

HelloFund and Non-Profits

My experience with HelloFund has been wonderful. As I have rolled this product out at two separate organizations, I have a great working relationship with the support team at HelloFund. they are always on hand to help build out pages, work on upgrades and are always soliciting feedback to improve the product.

Pros

This software is great value for money. There is very little out of pocket expense to the organisations that I use it with. As well as this School I also use it with another volunteer organization that I am a Board Member on. It is very easy to use and is being improved upon regularly. for fundraising, it offers the donor to cover the cost of the transaction. Most do, which lowers the not- for - profits overhead for event fundraising as well as for annual funds. Individual fundraisers can also be set up - for example student lead fundraisers - each student can have their own fundraising page which links to the main page, and they can advocate on behalf of your school, soccer team, or other NFP.

Cons

There are some integrations and reports that I would like to be able to pull that are currently not available.

Thanks so much, Bedina!! We are continually working on updgrades for the platform. Keep us updated on any features or reports so we can create a better fundraising platform!

Highly suggested!

Pros

This is a very straightforward donor platform. It is easy to use and if help is ever needed for our donation or event pages, customer service is immediately available. They say you get what you pay for, but with this extremely affordable platform, we get far more than what we pay. It's user friendly, provides easy access to donor reports, integration was simple, and customer service is so incredibly helpful. There's so much to like about HelloFund there isn't just one we like the most.

Cons

I do wish minor aesthetic aspects of this software was a little more advanced but regardless, it gets the job done - and well.

Thank you so much, Trista! We love working with you and working hard to develop a better solution for you and wonderful organizations around the country to fundraise more efficiently!

HelloFund is great option for simple fundraising

The best part of HelloFund was working with their people! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from their team really helped us get this project off the ground and even helped us tweak our page to get even more conversions. Everyone I have interacted with from HelloFund has been knowledgeable and friendly. This is a great team with a good, solid solution. I can't wait to see where they take it from here!

Pros

HelloFund was simple to get launched very quickly. Setting up our fundraiser was as easy and deposits are made directly to our bank account as the fundraiser progresses. I especially appreciate not having to wait for funds until the fundraiser was complete as we wanted to get the proceeds where they needed to go as quickly as possible. Low fees. Fast deposits. Quick set up. Win. Win. Win.

Cons

This is a simple fundraising solution. If you need to set up teams managements, or personalized fundraising pages for your supporters, this isn't the solution for you. I used thier stand-alone page hosted on their website, and that worked great for our needs, but if you are looking for massive customization or embedded forms or api access that integrates seamlessly with your exsisting ecommerce solution, you'll need something more expensive.

Thanks so much for the review, Stacy! I did want to let you know that we do in fact have the functionality to add teams and personal fundraising pages for your campaign. This is a setting in the backend of the software and I'm happy to set up a call to show you how this works. Thanks again for utilizing HelloFund!

I highly recommend HelloFund

One of the reasons we decided to use HelloFund was because of its simplicity and positive user experience. It provides a quick and painless experience for our donors who give online by offering clean and simple forms, reducing the amount of user fatigue during any online transaction.

Pros

HelloFund is very user friendly, easy to set up, and manage. On our organization website, we're switching all online transactions to HelloFund. My organization also uses HelloFund to process payments at our largest annual fundraiser now for 2 years. Payments are easily accessible, trackable, and quickly received in our bank account. I would definitely recommend this product to other non-profit colleagues.

Cons

Design customization isn't heavily supported, but the designers are constantly updating the software based on user experience to improve.

Thanks so much, Keri! Yes, we're continually making updates. Please let us know if there is anything else we can work on and look forward to continue working with you for years to come!

CARY Loves HelloFund!!

It is totally perfect for non-profits to receive donations at no cost.

Pros

So easy to use! It is great to build pages for campaigns, tickets or general donation that are east to add to our website and embed into our mass emails.

Cons

We have a amazon gift registry for items we need and we can't add it to our general donation page. I get why it is not an option but it would be easier to navigate for our donors to give anyway they can.

Thanks so much, Ashley! We love working with CARY and will continue to help as much as we can!

A Non-Profit's Dream

The overall experience has been great! Excellent customer service. Any questions I had, no matter how small, were answered quickly.

Pros

HelloFund is extremely easy to set up and manage. It's very user friendly.

Cons

The only thing I wish was available is domain masking. It just makes it easier to be able to give someone the direct domain such as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Thanks so much, Mistin! We're continuing to make updates and we will keep you in the loop on any features that come up. Let me know if you see anything else in the platform as you continue to use it.

SpineHope Review

Pros

What we like the most is the ease of use and clean format. It works well for online donations.

Cons

What we like least is the limited design capabilities/options.

Thanks so much, Dawn! We are looking for ways to continually improve our features and design. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help more in the future!

Great product for fundraising!

They are responsive, customer focused, and creatively respond to issues and challenges - we have been extremely satisfied with HelloFund and look forward to continuing to partner with them in the future!

Pros

Very economical - a great poduct for schools/sports/PTAs and similar organizations' fundraising efforts

Cons

The setup process to meet our needs was somewhat cumbersome but the developers were very helpful and we actually made some changes to the process for the following year that made it much easier.

Thanks so much, Cathy! We love working with you and appreciate all of your support over the years!

HelloFund- Simple, Professional, Successful

Overall, our nonprofit is extremely happy with the simple, professional, attentive and successful approach that HelloFund provided for our virtual fundraiser. Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to create a customized event page was easy and enjoyable. I would highly recommend HelloFund to anyone running an online event, virtual fundraiser, ticket sales page, store or wanting a user-friendly web page for collecting donations.

Pros

We loved using HelloFund for our Virtual Fundraiser. The all-in-one event web page made it easy for our donors to access every aspect of the virtual event, including the custom pages made for us by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] incredible attention to detail and high level of customer service made turning an event from in-person to virtual seamless and successful. The entire HelloFund portal from set up and design to launching and hosting was very user friendly. Receiving financial information after the event was also incredibly easy, which is very important to our nonprofit.

Cons

There were truly no aspects of the software that were difficult to use or impaired our event. One feature that would have benefited us to have is more customization with the donation buttons. As opposed to just selecting specific dollar values for donors to select, being able to label purchases "ticket" with the ticket cost automatically populating in the sub total would be fantastic.

Thank you so much, Katie! We love working with you and the entire team at Vera Lloyd. We are continuing to update our platform to make it more user friendly for you and your Donors. If you have any questions, please let us know!

HelloFund

great

Pros

Easy to use wonderful support team. Very fast response to our needs

Cons

no intergrated donor management system that would really help a small organization.

Thank you so so much, Doreen! Great working with you and look forward to helping out with more fundraisers!

This is excellent!

Very positive, the customer support alone is worth the fee. Thank you all for your help and support of Heroes Night Out!

Pros

This software is easy, user friendly, and customizable. We use it for event signups, donations, fundraisers, and event sponsorships.

Cons

I cannot complain much, I want more customizable options but I know you are always updating and changing the interface options so keep up the great work.

Thanks so much, Brandon!

Review of HelloFund

One stop shop for guests which makes their experience better.

Pros

The backend of this software is so easy for set-up and management for web page, reporting, etc. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team always provide amazing support which is extremely helpful!

Cons

They are working on some upgrades for integration with other donor databases.

Thank you so much for the review, Mia! Love working with you and hope we can work on more events in the near future!

Great Fundraising Solution for Nonprofits

HelloFund makes online fundraising very easy, and the support team listens to all needs to customize their tools to meet our event and nonprofit needs! Great customer service and love the affordable service fee compared to other similar platforms on the market.

Pros

HelloFund has an easy to use interface that is great for setting up fundraising pages (both for our nonprofit or individuals raising money for our nonprofit) and an easy system to use for event tickets, auctions, etc. at galas or other events. The browser design is sleeker and more modern than other fundraising platforms, which makes the end UI much easier to navigate.

Cons

I would love to see more products available, like crowdfunding wish lists (similar to a gift registry) for item-based needs.

Thanks so much, Nikki! We are working to update our solutions and we have a solution that may work for your specific needs.

Fundraising done right.

Overall it is great product for what it is intended for.

Pros

The ease and functionality of the product. It can be changed and updated at any given moment.

Cons

That I had to set it up. Not hard but it is not something I normally do.

Thanks so much, Jessica! Let us know if we can help with anything else in the future!

We love HelloFund!

HelloFund has great user experience and even when I feel like I have a 'stupid question' I know that the team is accessible and available to help me!

Pros

What I like most about HelloFund is how easy it is to translate our impact to dollar amounts for donations that makes our mission incredibly tangible to our supporters.

Cons

While I love the ease of creating new pages and campaigns, I would love more capabilities to easily create custom short links for every donation page.

Thank you so much, Maggie! Let us know if you have any other questions and how we can help make the product better in the future!