HQ Rental Software Reviews

Pros

The customer service is excellent and that's important in situations when I need help quickly. I also like how easy it is to use.

SJ

Shane J.

Great Rental Software and excellent customer service.

NB

Nicole B.

JD

Jennifer D.

Cons

They should work more on drag and drop features rather then fields to be filled. More colors in graphs and statistics.

Mw

Moses w.

We found HQ during a very difficult time for our company.

AP

Agustin P.

Like any other software there are a little functionality problems but the customer service is always willing to understand the problem and find a solution.

Diecson V.

4.8

Excellent Software for the Vehicle Rentals

With the business problems we had, we were looking for a solution that would allow us to manage internal and external fleet use. The Support team at HQ is outstanding and they really are "solution Mode" Folks.

Pros

- Ease of rate setup - Ease to embed on website template - good pricing structure -flexible workflow

Cons

- poor on Parking fines management. - Poor on Checkout and Checking procedures.

Most user-friendly and powerful product with great customer support

I'm a consultant for the car rental industry. I only recommend HQ to my clients. My experience has been almost perfect with HQ.

Pros

The team behind HQ Rental Software are always on top of every detail. They take you by the hand throughout the implementation process. Their solution is the most user-friendly I've seen in the industry, plus it's powerful enough for large deployments. Once the software is up and running they are available to help you in real time with questions, concerns, special requests and modifications, integrations, and overall anything you might need and they could help with.

Cons

Creating a rental agreement can be challenging. Still, the HQ team will implement a rental agreement without extra cost so you don't have to deal with coding.

10/10 Car Hire System

This has been such an easy install and easy to use. Yet all the functionality you could wish for.

Pros

The ease of use is incredible, set up was completely hassle free. Any issues were resolved so quickly and never too much of a hassle. Gave our organization complete visibility of our business and gave us control over our fleet. I cannot recommend this software enough!

Cons

There is nothing I did not like. Our needs were all met.

Just my honest opinion

Pros

I do like the calendar feature the most and the customer service. With the calendar I can see my fleet and manage it real easy from there. If by any chance I'm stuck then the costumer service on the web page it's fast and polite.

Cons

I was referred by my IT guy because I needed most of the features that your system offers. Also I was in need of an app that my clients could handle, to process their rental quick and easy. All I could say is that the app is nothing I was expecting and on top of that I will have to pay somebody else to make me an app and then try to sync it with your software. In the past few weeks I try to call the customer support number [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I can't get thru. I could only get in touch with them thru the web page chat.

A Rental Software you can always count on

We have upped producibility, solved problems before they happen, prepared for the worst, and the best. HQ rentals makes problems disappear before they even happen!

Pros

This software is so user friendly and the team literally will go to all lengths to program and map anything you need. They have thought of everything!

Cons

This software has no issues at all! It is very adaptable and always easy to move around and customize. However, sometimes the customer service can be lacking in a timely manner, but they have improved that tremendously!

Overall review

Very good software with perfect customer service almost all of my requests were very quickly resolved. Although the system setup is a bit complicated it allows for very personal customization for your needs. Staff is very helpful and always tries to help as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

Pros

Smooth customizable and very clear both the system functions and interface. Multilanguage options with possibility of designing different contracts for each language. Fast and reliable web access. A variety of user permissions. Mobile app with regular updates.

Cons

Lack of multiply rate plans. Car mapping for vehicle damages seems like a work in progress. Online customer signature is available only with external software. No possibility to add a Maintenance appliance by Vehicle Model The calendar could be more customizable and clear visually. A variatyof reports with customization options.

We Love Our New Software

Multiple users at multiple locations in real time. My customers are even impressed with how well the rental process goes. E signature.

Pros

No matter where I am at I can access my customers, vehicle information, contracts, etc..... Work Flow has improved 300%. We eliminated two other software companies with this transition.

Cons

Learning curve!!! Well worth all the growing pains. I have used software where you were given a product and had to make it work. Meaning, complete overkill or not enough. With HQ you custom design it to your needs.

Reinventing AmeriDrive

We found HQ during a very difficult time for our company. Due to the COVID-19 effect, we had to reinvent ourselves, and thanks to HQ we were able to integrate new process as well to cut costs (beyond the software costs) by using their reporting and integration tools. Their software allowed us to optimize our resources and to identify problems faster than any other software that we ha used in the past. Without them, I am not sure that we could have gone through 2020, and all of it at a very reasonable price. I recommend everyone to try them, you will not regret it.

Pros

Very strong back end that has helped us to get a much better grip/control/view and understanding of our fleet performance and effectiveness. Very easy to use and implement. Their team is always open to adapt to our needs and not the other way around. All of this at a very reasonable price. We feel lucky that we found them.

Cons

Some it takes a little long to get an answer with problems, however, I see this as an easy fix.

Perfect value for money

HQ Rental Software has been a breeze in the middle of a pandemic that for sure affected our sector. It made easier the day to day activities for us, particularly when signing contracts and making some processes more efficient. Also It covers most of the features every car rental needs to deal with so I would recommend this software a 100%.

Pros

The product is very friendly with the customer. Easy to use and to learn. It covers most (if not all) of the features every car rental needs to manage daily. Besides, it makes our day to day work easier as we can work with the software app everywhere.

Cons

The only desired feature I can think of is the improvement of the app, since we know it wont be exactly as the PC site, some features in the app could be improved.

HQ Rental Software Review

Very satisfied

Pros

That our clients can make their own quotes That everything is in 1 place

Cons

In the beginning it was a time phase to get used to the system. But when we found all items, the pieces of the puzzle fell in place. No Freshbooks accounting software integration yet.

I was searching on the web during months, comparing all the solutions indicated here in Capterra related to rent a car on cloud solutions. I choosed 3 of them, and after some conversations, negotiations and comparisions, we decided finally for HQ Rental Software. I must say that we are happy to take such decission. We use this on the cloud software for our rent a car company, and we are growing thanks, among other reasons, thanks to this solution.

Pros

There are a lot of things that like to us. First, is a solution tailored for rent a car niche, and really fits all our needs and more. The help desk team is great, ALWAYS answer to our requests and ALWAYS there is a solution for our needs, and in our native language, spanish. There is a great iphone app that we use for our daily job and is highly customizable. In only 1 week the solution was really adapted to our needs!. Is stable, reliable and the price is fair.

Cons

There are not major problems at all. Of course all can be improved, like the iphone app with more features, but until today fits our needs.

Review of HQ by a Campervan Rental Company

Quoting, booking, pickup and return paperwork, customer emails etc

Pros

Ease of use and integration with our existing website and processes. It has successfully taken over the work of one administrative employee and made our pricing and booking info that much more accessible to our customers.

Cons

Some of the naming/setup of the options/paperwork can be not as straight forward as one would think - however thanks to customer service we have been able to get the most out of the product.

HQ is the real deal! The system is extremely flexible and the HQ support staff is amazing!

HQ has automated and standardized so many of our daily tasks. As the company owner it is now much easier for me to delegate tasks to our employees. And with the management dashboards I can monitor how the business is doing.

Pros

We offer short term and long term car rentals so a lot of the software solutions that we were comparing did not include all the features that we needed. With HQ we can easily manage both. One of the most important features for long term rentals are the payment schedules. Now that we have this up and running it's going to save us so much time and headaches down the road. We also really like the fact that our customers can sign for the Rental Agreement on a tablet device and then we send a copy by email, so we've stopped printing!

Cons

The number of settings was a little overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it and the system is configured you understand how much power there is in the settings.

A fantastic tool and a reliable partner

We started to operate with paper contracts and this was generating many errors in operations, and we had to have a separate fleet management on excell... now With HQ rental all our business is becoming digital, all informations are integrated, informations more reliable and always available; our management is more consistent. Our team is proud to use more technology on the daily basis and accepted very well the change. We also count a lot on the system for our next step: on line sales and OTA integration.

Pros

Customizations possibilities are amazing, the databases are very well thought and constructed, showing a deep understanding of all the specificities of the the rental business. it's also really user friendly, intuitive, great to use, with good responsivity on all our devices. The support team is amazing, very professional, always available and acurate. Time response is very short and friendly!

Cons

A lot of translation work to pass to portuguese, and so many possible settings that it get sometimes confusing ...but the support team is always available acurate and fast to answer and solve

Friendly- Easy to use- Support works well

Pay less get more

Pros

The HQ team was able to help me start my new business as a franchisee. Within a couple weeks they also helped me to complete a nice looking website that is responsive and that allows my clients to make online bookings. A few months in now, I can really see how the system will help me to continue to grow my business. There are different layers to the system and as my company grows I can enable new features. The HQ team was also very helpful during the setup process to configure the system to my requirements. And when I run into questions I know there will be someone there to help me out.

Cons

They should work more on drag and drop features rather then fields to be filled .More colors in graphs and statistics.

Thanks Moses we will take your feedback into consideration as well.

Everything and more!

Pros

The HQ Rental software was exactly what we were looking for. We performed due diligence on over 4 companies that provided rental software solutions and we selected HQ Rental because of its flexibility, depth of features and most importantly, its customer-centric support model. Their nimble software product combined with their attentive support and deep on-line knowledge base allowed us to bring our offering to market with minimal stress and complication. Once implemented, the use of reporting and dashboards, the flexibility tying into payment processors and accounting software to name a couple of their integrations, has allowed for us to make our rental business operational and manageable.

Cons

If I had to choose something to note as least likable, it would be the process required to fine tune forms. By no means a deal breaker, just know that this is where I would like to see some enhancements with future versions of this fantastic product.

Dear John, Thanks for your kind review as well as your feedback. We will continue to work hard to enhance our system! Best wishes, Ries

This is a very user-friendly system that makes our work a lot easier and is flexible to configure.

Pros

The system allows us to automate a lot of our tasks which creates a company standard and saves us significant time. What's nice is that this software was originally built for car rentals but it is flexible to use for any type of rental business. We're also happy that we can access the system from anywhere seeing as it is cloud-based. As owners of the company we enjoy traveling ourselves and we feel like we can still monitor the business while we are abroad.

Cons

We are based in a location with unstable internet so sometimes we are forced to register reservations on paper and then enter them in the system when it comes back online. Unfortunately the system is not available offline.

Great To Use

Cannot complain at all. We are thousands of miles apart and yet they help you whenever you need them.

Pros

Easy to use, great add on features and willing to adapt to your needs and wants, there is never a no that we can't do it, they always assist and succeed.

Cons

very little, at this moment absolutely nothing

Thanks Stephan, we look forward to many years of business together! All the best!

Very comprehensive and flexible for any size of business and recommendable

We have set up a complete car rental business for a car rental company in the Faroe Islands, which has a larger car fleet and the system has proven to be extremely flexible to work with. The biggest challenge has been the transition from a previously very unsuitable system, to figuring out how it will work best in practice and how we can move more than 300 reservations, from a bad to a good system.

Pros

That it can be adapted to just about any desire and should there be something that is not standard then it can be made

Cons

That there are so many opportunities that it can be difficult to find and learn them all. But is it a minus?

Thanks Michael, for leaving a review. We look forward to a long and successful partnership with you.

Great personal attention!

We were in the process of starting up our car rental company in Orlando. The HQ team was incredibly helpful during the setup process and always responded quickly when we were in doubt. They also helped us implement the reservation tool on our website and we've been very happy with the results so far!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly because it is simple. But there are also a lot of hidden Settings that can be activated if and when we need them. The layout is also quite nice :)

Cons

It took some time commitment to configure the system. We had to import all our vehicle information, rate structures and additional features that we sell. We received a lot of valuable support from the HQ team so this made things easier for us. In the end, we now feel like our young company functions like a very structured organization.

Thank you Paula for your kind words. We're excited to see that our system is helping you grow your business and allowing you to focus on the most important things. We look forward to a long-term business relationship!

Best car rental software ever

In All in car rental , think is the best reservations and car rental management software ever , once you get the first lessons with the customer service you realize how Easy and complete software .

Pros

This software it’s very reliable, also you can ask to the developers to configure this plug in for your website and also has a lot features you can use to make the process more a easy and fast

Cons

So far none , if something is wrong or missing they have a very helpful support service and fix it

A Valuable Tool for any Car Rental Company

We consider HQ a valuable tool for any car rental company. They offer very complete software that adapts to different needs and business sizes

Pros

The ease of use, the innovative features and the good customer support they provide.

Cons

So far, everything has been to our likingA

Excellent vehicle rental software for any size of business

Pros

I highly recommend HQrental for anyone wanting to set up a rental business. One of the best feature is their technical support team solving literally any issue related to technical modifications of your rental workflow or your connected website.

Cons

Not much to say at the moment. It has a very big variety of options and modifications, which could be for some businesses too much at the beginning. Also some options seem to be duplicated.

Fantastic software and staff

Pros

The software is very versatile and easy to use. The design is up-to-date with today's expectations unlike most outdated software designs in the same industry. The staff are very reliable and are constantly adding new useful features while also taking on a lot of custom requests. Would definitely recommend to anyone in the rental industry.

Cons

I wish they support a more CRM based experience around the client.

Thanks Emmanuel for your great review! We will continue adding new features that will also be related to easy communication with the client.

Very flexible and mordern platform, superior customer support

Most of our daily work is now automated, we save a lot of time and manpower! This means we can scale up our business at no cost.

Pros

- customer support (24h) - they do everything to match your demands - modern, state-of-the-art software - price/value you get a lot for your money - they support you beyond the purchase We're really happy about our choice as we never experienced such a great support with any other software we tested - and believe me we had several trial accounts. But what's the biggest plus: They we're able to fully customize the software for our requirements - and they still do.

Cons

As we're in the German market, we needed to translate a lot manually - and there are still some flaws we need to tackle. Furthermore you should be prepared to spend some time with the software, to fully undestand it as they built in so many features.

Thanks David, we're happy to be of help!