Koomi POS Reviews

Koomi POS

Review Summary

Gabrielle S.

Gabriel S.

Excellent customer service. Great technical support when needed.

Sophie B.

Cons

Unfortunately, the app has problem connecting with my wifi (sometimes it might be connections problem) but it seems I'm not the only one having those issues.

Gabriel S.

Had some bugs in the beginning (not that many) but that were really inconvenient for the work flow. Those problems took many months to get fixed.

Gabriel L.

As someone who is an owner, working in the restaurant, I have very little time to sit down and trouble shoot new software.

Mackenzie S.

4.4

Palm Lane Review

Koomi has been a really, really great tool for Palm Lane. We love how straightforward it is to train staff on. I can't wait to see how we both can grow to better streamline processes in the future.

Pros

It's super simple to teach, easy to use and straightforward. Having the iPad setup is a simple tool for our business to use. I also love the app integration and hope that as our business grows, the Koomi Palm Lane app will become the most used app for guest's to use.

Cons

I do have a few wishlist items: the ability to "out of stock" items via the app directly, breaking down menu screens so that if we click on a salad it then leads to Protein Options, Salad Dressing Options, etc. (currently it's one giant list that you scroll through), for the Dine-In option via the App, the ability for the guest to choose a table number, some more analytics at the end of the day (better breakdown of "for here" or "to go" processed orders rather than scrolling through the master report).

Koomi, the point of sale app that we chose!

We save money, we serve more customers and there's no downtime. The customer service is INCREDIBLE. I don't usually make reviews but Koomi's team is so good that I had to. They are very close to their clientele so I feel safe. Accepting payments is one our core operations and we need perfect execution.

Pros

Koomi is very easy to use. It was very easy to integrate it with Leaves House's team and with our the other softwares and hardwares that we were using. It also works with the SRM (Quebec). Its simplicity helps us to serve the clientèle better and spend less energy on staff training .

Cons

I think there could be some improvements on the analytics side. Having said that, Koomi is very close to their users, their team listens and they are working on that.

Btter than some, not the best

Account manager is a problem solver, jumps to action. On-boarding was far from what you would expect. I had an hour on the phone to learning back of house. Almost identical to the sales pitch. Once you set it up yourself there is very little beyond that and you have to figured it out on the spot from there. As someone who is an owner, working in the restaurant, I have very little time to sit down...

Pros

This product was an a significant upgrade from the original POS we inherited with the purchase of our business. I appreciate being able to see detailed and itemized reports. This data has saved me time since I not longer have to input sales analysis stats. I also appreciate it's "real time" updates from the dash board to the master Koomi.

Cons

I did not find it seamless or the design as intuitive as square or cluster ( which each have their own pros and cons). Visually the lay out of the items in each category does not mach our needs and the lack of any color doesn't allow for easy menu scrolling. There are a lot of little details that are not very well thought out ex. Customer orders a coffee and a sandwich. We process it as for here...

Perfect POS for a fast paced industry

Before Koomi we did not have any POS system in place. We looked at every available system and Koomi is by far the best in the market. The platform is super easy to use. Staff need very little training to use this POS. Recently we started using Koomi in conjunction with Clover and the experience has been fantastic.

Pros

Koomi is always innovating and updating their process to make sure we are getting the best user experience. They always listen to our feedback and have incredible customer support. The platform itself is very user friendly and can accommodate all types of different service options.

Cons

The only issues we've ever had with Koomi are the result of the internet speed / consistency. Customer support always helps target the issue and get us back online asap.

Great Decision

This was great with all the reports available that my accountant had access to. It took a lot of time and effort out of the equation and made it easier when tax season was around. Overall it helped to determine what was selling best and how better to manage my business

Pros

The ease of implementation was really important since I started the business by myself and needed something that was going to be very user friendly. Also the layout was very functional and helped to make check out and taking orders very easy.

Cons

There were some issues with keeping orders open and adding items - however this bug was fixed through an update

Koomi is the best POS for Quick Service Restaurants

It has been an excellent overall experience and we look forward to using Koomi into the future.

Pros

- The very easy to use and very simple to look at interface. - The round-the-clock reliability. - The Clover-Flex integration. - The top-notch technical support.

Cons

In hindsight, we only wish we would have found this solution sooner.

Easy to use, perfect for coffe shops

Very good experience in general.

Pros

Koomi is so easy to use. I usually change my settings and prices at home with my phone. The fact it's an app on a tablet is also super nice.

Cons

Hi Gabriel, Thank you for your feedback ! Since the latest update of Koomi app, how would you rate your connection with the MEV? Looking forward to hearing from you soon. The Koomi Team

Koomi is good for me

Koomi M is excellent with my bakery’s products. Adding or deleting products is easy.

Pros

Simple, efficient. No waste of time using koomi. Reports are clear and useable for accounting

Cons

Network management. Airport behind my routeur seems to be the origin of network problems

Hi Jean Jacques, Thank you for your feedback ! Since the latest update of Koomi app, how would you rate your connection with the MEV? Looking forward to hearing from you soon. The Koomi Team

Easy, simple, good value

Overall, great software, easy to use, simple for the staff!

Pros

Easy to set up with admin log in, easy to use for my staff

Cons

To connect all the POS with the iPad, printer and clover, you absolutely need customer service to assist you. No option to add lock screen with multiple user, only one code for the boss and that's it unlike Maitre D where the staff have to put their code before punching the order.

Ease of use, day after day

It’s simple to use, not too expensive and the customer service is acceptable.

Pros

It’s super easy to use and anyone can learn how to use it in less than 5 minutes

Cons

The fact that it’s not directly linked to the Interac payment solution. Also, in a dream world, Koomi would be connected / linked with QuickBooks

Great Experience

This POS allowed us to centralize all the information in put it all in a cloud that is accessible from many devices. This has allowed our company to work more effectively and improve the customer experience by reducing the processing time of the orders. Would highly recommend!

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to install and set up. Our employees understand how to use it very easily and emphasize that it reduced the line up time we had with our previous system. It looks very sleek because it is just an iPad and paying terminals, which allows to have more counter-top space. The customer service is very personalized, always willing to develop to help our needs. In addition, the reports are all online and we can manage all of our restaurant locations under one dashboard.

Cons

no cons so far. Every challenge we had was right away addressed by their customer service and we managed to find solutions that were tailored to our needs.

Solid way to run your cafe business !

Pros

Working with Koomi was one of the most important decisions we could have ever made for our cafe. Their software is so easy to use and it is so customizable. It's a breeze in rushes and new staff catch on in minutes. Seriously. Working the till/POS has never been so fast in serving customers quickly and accurately, and Koomi is the difference. Their support team is the best I've ever seen and highly recommend them.

Cons

Nothing much, actually. It's been such a positive experience from the start.

Easy, fast and good value for money

From the beginning, a full satisfied experience. Demonstration of the software, implementation of the solution et using since 3 years, including calls to technical support.

Pros

Easy to use, to set up, to learn for employees and low expensive

Cons

Constant evolution of the software adapting to technical constraints as restaurants caracteristics

Koomi is speeding you to market!

Koomi app is one of our key partners! Koomi's team is right over the phone with me as soon as I need it. We are always welcome to share ideas, to report observation on little details to push further (development) and even to ask for features to come! It just make my business management such easy and fun, day-after-day!

Pros

Koomi is a must to have for a quick and efficient business operation set up (a coffee shop is mine). This app is easy to understand for a business manager and such a user friendly tool for employe's training. You can create a menu in few minutes... Adding new items (live at work) or launching quick promo right before the opening hours (from home) and composing options groups on items are cool and simple features you just want. I also love the charts (sale/hour) that make me feel the beat of my business when I'm away of the shop!

Cons

No major cons for me. Manage the way you share the wifi on spot and you'll get a better feed/response on the network for your Koomi!

Perfect for quick service!

Pros

Very easy to use, very easy to train new employees and very easy to set up and change menu items.... its just very easy...

Cons

not very much back end reporting. would like more detailed reports with time of day, week and month spending trends.

Koomi is purpose built for QSRs

Fantastic.

Pros

- The built from the ground up focus on QSR franchises. - The easy to use Koomi interface (which saves tremendously on training costs). - The detailed and insightful reporting. - The rapid turn around time on special requests and modifications to the software. - The stellar technical support. - The integration with the Clover Flex Terminal.

Cons

That we as an organization did not find and implement Koomi sooner.

Great app for us (ice cream shop)

Pros

It's super easy and simple to use. All my employees find it user friendly.

Cons

Two things would be easier: 1) It would help a lot to have different colors for the different groups (in the options). This way, it would be easier to scan and find the option that we want to select within all the groups. 2) It would be easier if we could correct one or many things after having clicked «check out». If the customer changes his mind after we have clicked «check out», we have to delete the complete order and then enter it all over again with the one correction.

Hi Annie, Thank you for your review and feedback. 2) You mentioned that you were not able to delete any items after clicking "Checkout". You can actually swipe left on an item to delete it even after having clicked "Checkout". When in doubt on using Koomi POS, please give our support team a call - we are always happy to help! Thanks again, The Koomi Team

Koomi POS review

My over all experience is very good

Pros

The Support and that it’s paperless when sending orders to kitchen or bar

Cons

The disconnecting of the Koomi and Clover integration There is no liquor tax No photos for categories No option for mandatory prompts when entering items

Restaurant Candide's review

We are able to have a total control over all of the items and so over the payment of every client that comes dine at Candide. We can change items daily and it only takes a minute. We are also able compile our data every day of every week with all of the reports available.

Pros

Easy to use, very user friendly to prepare bills as for all of the management of items and all of the reports available.

Cons

It is a bit slow when we switch from an app to the other and come back to koomi pos. The connection also fails a few times a night when we are not directly next to the router.

Koomi review

Pros

Its accessible from my phone. Has gotten easier to train staff on screen layout.

Cons

When it crashes it feels like there are too many hoops to go through to figure out why. Updates are only available early in the morning, which is not convenient if you open early and there are changes that need manual adjustments. They can mess with our morning service. Night time after hours would be better i believe...it would be nice if ypu can see what we sold during the hour instead of just amount we made during the hour.

Great program, very usefriendly

Great service

Pros

Quite easy to navigate and user friendly

Cons

Colour coded section would be great for more visual references Back office, easier tally of multiple location

Koomi is good for a small operation

Pros

Ease of adding products and services onto the Koomi POS.

Cons

We are not able to remove or add an item to a bill after we proceed with the pre-payment options (End bill function). Their is no way to void a transaction if a mistake was done with selecting a payment option.

Small restaurant user

It's positive, I've worked with most big POS services in the past and this system is perfect for a smaller place like ours. No extra features that would pay for/otherwise not use. Customer service is super nice.

Pros

Simplified programming Ease to produce several types of reports Good tech support

Cons

Unable to customize (colour code) item buttons of place them in specific order on screens Several updates Limited options to pay for the koomi service (They only accept credit cards)

Easy tomise

We received great support from Koomi and are able to customize the menu and reports.

Pros

Easy to install and use. Clear menu choices and multiple available reports

Cons

Inability to intergrate gift cards without the use of a third party

Intuitive, and good customer support.

- Easy to use so we can learn others to use it rapidly - The whole menu appears on the screen so we can have a fast service - Faster service than we could do before

Pros

- Whenever I have a question, the customer support replies fast - User friendly, we can get occasional users to use the software within minutes - Menus are easy to change - We had no problems with the software unlike with our previous provider.

Cons

- As our bar services need to be fast, opening and closing a ticket sometimes seem long for us.