Meevo Logo

Leading all-in-one salon & spa management software solution

Meevo Reviews

Suggested alternatives

vagaro
zenoti
mindbody

What I really like about Meevo is that it is very user friendly, so it makes it super easy when looking for certain information.
This system is so easy to use and if you do need help, the customer service is second to none. The training program is really easy to follow and use and the overall quality is just great.
Inventory is always a challenge. Purchase orders can be a pain just because you can not edit.
The switch to Meevo 2 has been the worst decision I have made in our 31 years in business.
Over all I’m disappointed and searching for other software.

SR

Sandra R.

Kako'o

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Meevo Review: Truly Helps Us Everyday.

Transcript

Sandra: Hi, I'm Sandra and I'm a Kako'o team member, service desk team upfront. I love Meevo and I absolutely...

Sandra, thank you for the review and kind words about our Support Team! We’re glad they were able to help you whenever you had a question.

JF

Jessica F.

Operations manager

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Meevo Review: Meevo, Just Jump Right In!

Transcript

Jessica F.: My name is Jessica. I am the operations manager for One Eleven Salon in Ann Arbor, Michigan....

We’re glad to hear your team finds Meevo easy to use and the training options beneficial, Jessica!

LM

Leticia M.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Game Changing

When i came over to Meevo, it was because i was at my wits end. I had spent many weeks searching for a new software for my medspa, and I felt like nothing quite delivered what i wanted. I was skeptical, however i decided nothing else i had looked at seemed better. Intially it did not check all my boxes, however upon further review and actually getting to use the system, I came to realize that not only...

Pros

What i love the most about Meevo, is how well thought out this software is. As a medspa owner, i believe it delivers on everything needed to successfully manage my clinic and staff, and then some.

Cons

Currently there is no merchant in Canada, so i am having to manually use our current payment merchant to key in sale. This also impacts our ability to effectively use the membership portion. We believe once this is in place, all will be perfect.

It's great to hear that Meevo has been helping you manage your MedSpa, Leticia! We're glad that you found the right solution for your business and are happy to have you as a part of the family!

DB

Derek B.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Meevo 2 in Today's Salon/Spa World

Overall Meevo 2 is working great for our business, we have tried several other operating systems, and Meevo 2 meets the majority of our business concerns.

Pros

-Very user friendly! -Modern looking! -Web based, So it can be accessed anywhere! -Mobile Friendly -Online booking -Inventory Management

Cons

-Sometimes it lags, and takes longer to load than desirable, while I originally thought this was just a poor internet connection, it proved not to be. - Missing some minor features that would be beneficial for my business, such as not being able to edit a ticket's payment after the day was closed.

AT

Ashley T.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Waiting for all features to work

Pros

Desktop and tablet friendly. Once all bugs are out I hope to have a more efficient software.

Cons

There is always a bug. There are too many steps or reports you have to run in order to get what you are looking for. Some reports require 30 mins or overnight to update. I don't think it was ready to be released.

ES

Ellen S.

Good system

Easy to use, easy to see and customize. Enjoy that the confirmations are automatic

Pros

Scheduling is easy and we like the ease of being able to customize each appointment

Cons

Not being able to completely change a transaction! Occasionally we have to void and redo the whole transaction..

Thanks for the review, Ellen! We're happy to hear scheduling is easy with Meevo and that you enjoy the appointment customization.

TC

Tom C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Still a work in progress

As a user I feel we have to put up with their shortcomings, albeit with the knowledge that things are steadily getting better.

Pros

Customer service, esp. response times, is excellent. Multiple ways to get in touch and there is usually someone available in a hurry.

Cons

Meevo is still very much a work in progress, and a testament to that is the vouminous "ideas portal" which is full of requests for additional functionality, streamlining processes, easier access to data, etc. The user interface is not well thought out, with tons of white space, title bars, etc. and not enough useful information shown on the screen. Requires a lot of scrolling. Not a lot of sorting features. Hard to zoom in on client purchase history, e.g. list of product purchases, etc.

We value your feedback, Tom. Thank you for the kind words regarding our Support Team.

MS

Michelle S.

Worth the investment!

Easy for staff to learn and use. Even for our non technical staff.

Pros

Customizable to suit your salons needs/preferences.

Cons

Not being able to edit a transaction after its closed. Have to void and make a new ticket.

We're glad to hear that Meevo was easy for your staff to learn how to use and that you're enjoying the customizations, Michelle!

GS

Genome S.

Salon & Spa Software

With change, there is always a lot of learning to do, but so far I have been able to figure out what I need or call support to assist.

Pros

Switching from their desktop platform to their cloud platform has been great. It has allowed me to easily log in to assist users as well as to remotely pull the data I need without interrupting the front desk.

Cons

MR040 report from Millennium is not in Meevo2, but I am working around that. The user guide is helpful, but it is not as organized as I would have liked.

KJ

Kelly Jo M.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Meevo School

We are all very satisfied with the change to Meevo and the support along the way has been great!!

Pros

I love being able to be paperless and having the ability to do so many different things in one place

Cons

The set up was very intensive but worth it.

Thanks Kelly Jo! We love hearing how Meevo has helped you go paperless and impacted your school's success!

HF

Hailee F.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Meevo Review from a salon and medical spa!

Pros

The details! You can really customize Meevo to be whatever you want it to be.

Cons

The reports are not as detailed as the software and we have a hard time pulling specific numbers.

Happy to hear you're enjoying Meevo and its customizations in your salon and medical spa, Hailee!

CH

Catherine H.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Meevo 2 Review

We love the goal setting section! Also, that you can connect from anywhere using the same login and that all of our students can access without having to download an app.

Pros

The support. There was lots of assistance during setup, the online training videos are fantastic, and ongoing webinars are helpful for all users of the software.

Cons

Limited reporting in Central Office. Cannot see inventory on hands from all locations at once.

CG

Christina G.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Numbers

It has been good so far. I really like how I can use a software from any computer or phone so that makes it very convenient. I like how easy it is for our customers to use the online booking in to get the reminders about their appointments.

Pros

I really like the ability to track numbers on the software program. You can take appointments on paper and write down prices on paper but paper is not going to give you percentages and goals and keep up with it. Paper will not show you where you’re at from one month to the next with the click of a button. Paper also not allow you to remind your customers automatically about their appointments or allow them to book their own appointments online.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to edit a transaction after it’s finalized. Some of the other service providers make mistakes while I’m not at work and I cannot edit them without doing a refund and changing it to the proper stylist.

KD

Kristal D.

BEST Software!

Pros

So easy to learn and easy to use! Booking, Confirmations, Email Marketing, Texting, Online Booking-so easy!! Online Booking is better than ever with Meevo 2. Our guests love it! We love it because we can customize timing for each guest’s service. That means every guest is always booked correctly, even when they book themselves. Our entire Salon loves Meevo 2. It has been such a time saver and money saver for us. Because of Meevo 2, we have the time to do our best work and provide an exceptional salon experience. I highly recommend for Salons and Spas everywhere!

Cons

Since onboarding with Meevo 2 over 2 years ago, I have been through updates and improvments with them. They make updates and changes based on their clients feedback and it's been such a game changer. Their Tech Support Team is AMAZING!! I can live chat with them right in the software. They have helped me learn Meevo inside and out, in no time at all.

We're glad to hear you had a great experience with Meevo 2, Kristal. Our team is happy to help!

ks

kaysie s.

Hair Solutions MEEVO review

5 star! We love it.

Pros

It is high functioning and we love that MEEVO keeps updating with new efficient features that are essential. I love that they take customers feedback and requests and actually implements them. We have a large 50 employee salon company so it's important that it works quickly because we're very fast paced. Also, anytime we do call MEEVO for questions they usually answer quickly and assist.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to mark an appt a NO SHOW but then have the choice to delete it, so we can run a report and look how many no shows we've had, but not keep the "unchecked out" appt in the books so we can open it up and book in other guests if we had the opportunity. Also, we've had HUGE problem with inventory because we've marked thousands of dollars of inventory discontinued or deleted it without "zeroing" it out first in inventory count. Then we found out it messed up our inventory reports for our accountant and had to undelete $50k + worth of inventory to zero them out first. If we hit discontinued on a product, a pop up question like "would you like us to zero out this inventory for you?" would be GREAT!

Great to hear your Salon is able to utilize Meevo to its fullest! Our team is always here whenever you have a question!

AM

Allison M.

Meevo 2 was an easy switch

A benefit we are seeing is having the daily service totals and monthly product sales easily available to us pushes us to make more sales and surpass goals that are calculated for us.

Pros

The software is much more to the point than others. Having it available through web browser instead of strictly computer has really helped us while booking clients outside of the salon. Also, everyone having their own profiles and goal centers really pushes our stylists to sell and bring in clients more frequently.

Cons

I do some times have a hard time with inventory counts. Some times I need to deduct a product here or there for personal use, and it can get confusing just taking one product out of the inventory count.

DH

Danielle H.

The BEST Salon/ Spa Software

Love everything about this software - including the customer service. same day replies is CRUCIAL on busy days, and Meevo has that!

Pros

I love the functionality and how user friendly the software is. A new hire can learn the software very quickly which is very helpful.

Cons

I would say the cost - we utilize a lot of add ons as well, so it is a costly monthly expense - however we would not be able to run our company as well as we do without it.

We're happy to hear that Meevo is user-friendly and has the best reporting and customer service, Danielle! We appreciate your business and love seeing your success with Meevo!

AH

Amanda H.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Meevo 2 Experience

Pros

I really appreciated the many different features the software had. Every category was very detailed. Also, the customer service did the best they could with the problems I confronted them with.

Cons

It is NOT user friendly. On boarding was going to take over a month for just myself to learn. Learning the very specific codes and order of functions was taking way too much time to understand. I own a business and am a full time service provider. The amount of time and stress the on boarding cost me was exhausting. Also, trying to sort out editing the actual system and not the ‘ghost’ training platform? Very very confusing.

SC

Susan C.

Meevo 2 conversion from Millenium

The program has been very stressful for our staff. We are having to call customer service almost daily for the same issues. I feel customer service is not sure of the program. We have been very disappointed in the software and the customer service. Not being able to exchange gift card packages to a dollar amount has been a hard transition. Because we have had to create ways around that. My numbers are not correct . So I feel I am not getting a true picture of our business.

Pros

The fact that our old software could be transferred over. (Somewhat successfully) We were very excited for the transition, upgrading and taking our spa to a new level.

Cons

The inventory process is much more difficult. The need to go into different screens to edit products, check pricing, print bar codes and adjust inventory counts. In Millenium this was all easily done in one screen. Being so limited in being able to edit tickets in case of human error when ringing people up. PayRoll , I feel there should be more ability to check and edit to ensure payroll accuracy. Also not being able to adjust the days payroll can be run. Program is extremely limited from an owner or managers stand point.

MG

Mariah G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Absolutely Recommend

Pros

Amazing customer support. From onboarding to daily questions. We are always greeted by a friendly customer support agent who will take the time to make sure your question or concern is solved. Issues are solved very quickly!! You cannot get this type of customer service everywhere.

Cons

I do wish there was a way to attach documents to memberships/packages. However, the amazing customer service team helped us find an alternative so I can't really complain! We love Meevo!

We're glad you had a great conversion and onboarding process with us, Mariah! Our Support team is always here to help you succeed as you continue to learn Meevo!

JN

John N.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Meevo 2 is a fantastic product that will help define the next generation of salon apps.

First, huge cost savings with MORE features instead of less. Beautiful interface, very snappy performance. Extremely customizable and fantastic reporting capabilities.

Pros

Overall, the Meevo2 user experience is great. The software can be customized to behave however you want, with in-depth settings for user security roles, appointment booking preferences, product and services groups, etc. You want your Level 1 stylists to be bookable online, but only for Blowouts, except for someone who also does haircuts, but takes longer than a standard level 1 haircut and is slightly...

Cons

The software launched recently (early 2018). There might be some glitches especially as new features roll out. We haven't run into anything, but it's good to be aware. When moving from another system, it's likely you won't be able to bring all your data. We were able to bring all of our client names and information, but not service history. We got around this by storing service history as client visit notes. It takes a while to set everything up, because it is so configurable. It doesn't have defaults, which means there's no "Quick Start". You need to set up your Service Categories, Services, Employee Templates, Security Roles, Employee Categories, Manufacturers, Product Categories, etc etc.

KJ

Kirk J.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Meevo Salon/Spa Software is amazing!

Pros

The software is simple to use, easy to train new staff, extensive reporting, well organized, and regularly being updated and improved based upon user feedback. Tech support is responsive, thorough, and very knowledgeable. We've been a user of prior versions of Meevo (Millennium, Harms Software Solutions) for nearly 25 years. Software has always been functional and very stable. Cloud-based Meevo is easy to use on a variety of mobile devices and has simplified business management from any location. Staff access to their books from their cell phones has created a sense of control for our team and in turn improved service provider retention.

Cons

Simplify the activity log by removing unneeded data.

Thank you for being such a loyal customer, Kirk! We love hearing how Meevo helps you run your business with its ease of use, extensive reporting, and mobile capabilities. Our team is always here to help.

LS

Lydia S.

Best Software for Spa

Excellent product and we couldn't function as smoothly and organized without it.

Pros

We love Meevo because of the ease of use. I feel like the company is consistently finding new ways to make what is already a great software to use better. The ease of use for everyone from management to our employees makes it a really great product over all other softwares for our spa. There is so much within Meevo that you can do that it could be overwhelming for a new user, but with patience and time, a new user will find that it is a really beneficial software to use for everything from scheduling, inventory & overall spa management.

Cons

I feel like when we find things that limit us within the software, the company comes out with updates that remedy this. I love how the company is constantly listening to its users concerns and looking for new ways to improve.

We love hearing how Meevo is the best software for your spa, Lydia!

MT

Mia T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Outdated, needs to be modernized

Although we have eliminated pen and paper, inputting the information is still very complicated and outdated. The app itself is always glitching and I don’t always have access to my schedule and will have to tell my clients I’ll call them back to schedule. I’ve waited between a few hours up to the following day.

Pros

I loved that it sent out appointment reminders via text message. I also loved that we were able to customize how we entered client data as all we need is their first and last name and a phone number.

Cons

The software itself has many glitches. If one person is ok their phone booking an appointment and another goes to book at the front desk, the Software does not auto refresh. This has caused double bookings. The appointment time drop down feature needs to be updated to 9am, 10am 11am, 12pm, 1pm etc. Currently, it starts at 1 and ends at 12 and then you have to remember to change AM or PM. We have...

TT

Tricia T.

Best software system

Pros

The ease of use and functionality of the software are critical for a salon buisness. Meevo is my favorite system implemented at our salon/spa.

Cons

The back button logs you out and not having an app

We love hearing that Meevo is the best software for your salon and spa, Tricia!

JD

Jennifer D.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Customer service is amazing!

I have been with Meevo since the launch of Meevo 2 and with Millennium before that- the company doesn't settle for just ok, they constantly listen to their users to make improvements that are requested.

Pros

A detailed POS system is amazing for a business ess but when you have support staff, sales staff, and [sensitive content hidden] who responsive and honestly cares about your business succeeding is the extra push an owner/manager enjoys!

Cons

That I don't have enough time in my day to use all the reports Meevo offers!

Thank you for your loyalty and kind words, Jennifer! It's great to hear you find so much value in Meevo's reporting.

MS

Michelle S.

Overall the best software available for running a Day Spa

I love the actual appointment book. If they made a few small improvements I think it would be the very best system available. Improvements such as allowing for a surprise service to be booked without a notification to blow the surprise would be amazing.

Pros

Incredible customer service and support. Innovative and aware of ideas for software improvements.

Cons

Integration from Millennium to Meevo was horrible but I think I started using the system at a bad time. Now I think it would be a great time to have Meevo 2.

We're glad to hear how Meevo helps you run your Day Spa and manage your appointment book, Michelle! We appreciate you being part of the MSI family for over 20 years!