All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Mountain Stream Bakery Software Reviews

Pros

All the fixes and improvements to the system have been great too, the flexibility the system gives you is great and it is still evolving, even better.

Sarah D.

Kathy M.

Read the full review
Couldn't be happier with it. Officials have been awesome - very quick to respond to any questions or concerns.

Kathy M.

Sarah D.

Daniel G.

Read the full review
I would have no hesitation in recommending you talk to CSR and give it a try.

Tim H.

4.7

Great user friendly software fully designed for bakeries and their customers

Our team remains 100% focused on its passion.

Pros

By saving hundred of emails and phone calls, Streamline allows Fresh Baguette staff to be entirely focused on production, customer satisfaction and business management. Mountain Stream team is very responsive and provides very good support, both technical and friendly.

Cons

Some functionalities related to production planning can still be enhanced, but they are already working on it.

Thank you, Florent!

Revolutionised our business

The reps worked hard to make implementation as smooth as we could get it. I'm sure that there's a lot more it can do, that we don't know about, simply because we don't a have a real, live person to show us.

Pros

It is pretty intuitive, very powerful and takes out a massive amount of repetitive and time-consuming work.

Cons

It isn't perfect and there is no realistic option to have someone teach users on the job: we had to set it up, ready to go and then go live and email as we went along. An on-site person would have been massively better, even a live remote session with audio conferencing would have been better.

Great tool to improve your bakery

Pros

The Connections it makes between every segment of the Company The possibilities it gives to see interactively the order book grow and be pro-active in Production The customizing possibilities to make the software even more suitable to Your own needs.

Cons

The loading time, even if it is fast enough, it demands some patience sometimes.

We made the switch and it has been one of our best business decisions!

Pros

Our bakery has grown significantly in the past 2 years. In those 2 years we have learned a lot of lessons and one of those lessons is, you have to have the right ordering platform to streamline processes within your company. Mountain Stream does it all! We can utilize the software from beginning to end: from the initial order all the way through the process of delivery. Further, our customers get the...

Cons

The con is Mountain Stream is located overseas from us, we are an American bakery. This detail was one of our initial concerns which have been alleviated because of the stellar customer service Mountain Stream offers. So, while this was a con for us at first, it no longer is. I'm listing this as a con because I'm positive there will be some American companies who will also have the location as a concern, it needn't be!

Thank you Elizabeth for an amazing review! We are an American company. We are multinational with offices in New York, Warsaw, Poland and Auckland, New Zealand.

Streamline is always evolving and in my experience customer feedback is very much integrated

I have been using Streamline for nearly a year. The best thing about it is the customer service. CSR's respond to issues quickly. I have had many long skype talks with CSR on everything from switching over to Streamline, to how to do things that it does not appear to do, to what I think it should do.CSR's are very responsive to feedback and there are features in streamline that I know arose from issues...

Pros

It is very easy to use. Clean simple interface. Excellent support. Very good reliability. Feedback is not only appreciated it is often integrated into the system. Cheap when considering how much time it saves. Powerful, very customisable, reporting. Exports directly to Xero. Good intuitive recipe module.

Cons

Sometimes there are speed problems. You need a good fast internet connection. Even then as we are so far from the servers (New Zealand) we do experience some slowness now and again. However it is not bad enough that to really detract from the experience.

Thank you, Tim, for a beautiful and candid review. A bigger thank you for your feedback, suggestions, patience and support. Your contributions, enthusiasm and appreciation of our work make us thrive. It is an honour and a pleasure to work with you.

Amazing Product

I'm not exaggerating when I say that buying Streamline has been a life-changing experience. In the past we had clients leave voicemails for order changes, and it took several hours a day to transcribe the voicemails, enter them into an Excel spreadsheet, and check over everything for 80 clients. Freeing up several hours a day for me, not to mention avoiding the mistakes and headaches that our ordering "system" caused, has been truly liberating! Years ago we looked for something like this, but all we could find were massive systems designed for huge bakeries, systems that cost upwards of $30k. So this fits our needs (and our pocketbooks!) perfectly. I'm so happy we found Streamline, I love this program!

Pros

Very easy to use and it checked almost every box for what we needed, and for the few things it didn't have the great team at Mountain Stream were happy to customize those items for us. Our customers love it and find it very convenient to use. A really excellent software program designed specifically for the needs of bakers, and at a very reasonable price. Couldn't be happier with it! Officials have been awesome - very quick to respond to any questions or concerns.

Cons

It's great to use - I honestly don't have anything negative to say about it.

Bakery very helpful!

It has helped streamline our operation and helped with communication and definitely saved loads of time. Customer service with problems, questions, suggestions on improvements are quick and easy and the communication is great. All the fixes and improvements to the system have been great too, the flexibility the system gives you is great and it is still evolving, even better

Pros

For someone who is used to using different software, throughout my years in administration, this is one of the most logical systems I have used, and for the basics, teaching our customers to use it, it has been excellent.

Cons

Although I find it intuitive, we do struggle with some of our staff, as they find using software difficult. Not sure if this is a language problem, English not being their first language or if is is due to just not being good with software. However this system has definitely helped our operation.

Thank you kindly Sarah, we enjoy working with you!

Mountain stream have become a trusted business partner

Pros

If your current order system involves many phone calls and emails with customers and entering order information into spreadsheets the streamline system will be a revelation. We gave them a complicated brief that required a large amount of bespoke development work to be conducted. All of our goals were achieved and often the solutions provided have exceeded our expectations. The system is loved by our customers and our staff members and we absolutely could not do without it.

Cons

A massive thank you, Neil, from all of us at Mountain Stream, for a touching and beautiful review. A bigger thank you for the work, the very clear and detailed briefs, for the support, feedback and your thorough and methodical help with testing. It's been an honour and a pleasure working with you thus far and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Streamline for Bretzel

We have used Streamline for nearly 2 years. It has reduced mistakes and saved us lots of telephone time. Over that time the developers have been very open to improvements we have requested. It is a real advantage to have customer able to manage their own ordering.

Pros

Streamline is very easy to use, both for administrators and customers. Its simplicity is its best feature. However there is also a huge amount of information available for analysis within it. The support team is second to none.

Cons

It can be a little slow which may be because it's a cloud-based system or our customers' broadband connection but our customers do like the quality of information available at their fingertips.

Easy and absolutely not complicated

The first reason I started using this software was that I noticed how much time and money I spent to generate, print and send our weekly invoices, the daily production paper, the daily delivery notes. Ever since I use Streamline it is just one click and done. You can go deeper into the software and use a lot of its advantages. But you can keep it very very simple too and use only what you need. One of the best choices I have done for my business is to use Streamline.

Pros

The simplicity. The possibility to use it from anywhere and everywhere. The self-explanatory design. The excellent support, even in the middle of the night. The influence I have myself in the development since the creators are open to new ideas.

Cons

None so far. Really, I am sure if you look you find something. I have not yet.

Thank you kindly, George, for a candid and beautiful review. We look forward to working with you for years to come. Best regards, Axel & The Team

Critical software for a wholesale bakery

Put this in place about 1 month ago , took me about 2 hours to work out the bones of the system and has saved me a very significant amount of time everyday, ever since.

Pros

This system is specifically for a bakery so it understands the nuances of what we do and accomodates them like nothing I have come across before. Also because it is cloud based, it means it has been designed recently so allows your customers to manage their supply from you online, plus your staff can also all access (in a controlled way) your production manager/head baker, your shop staff to fulfil orders , your bookkeeper to manage the invoicing and your sales staff to manage customer data and commercial agreements .

Cons

So far, very little has been problematic , as long as you understand the point of it , it is not an entire POS system but specifically for production management & invoicing . If payment could be made via the app that would be very nice indeed but maybe that will come in the future.

streamline

Pros

Great features. Easy to use & reliable. Some may say that this is a con, but the fact that it is continually being developed I think is a positive, & also means that support is very quick in fixing any issues or bugs that maybe found. It's flexible & saves us time & if keeps heading in this direction, will streamline our ordering for years to come.

Cons

That I have to pay for it?

An indispensable tool - saves me time, money and greatly improves customerservice

Cost savings, customer satisfaction and Streamlined operations

Pros

Streamline has greatly reduced the workload of collecting and entering all the data daily; most of our customers work on standing orders so it makes everyone's life very easy! In terms of cost savings, it's a no-brainer. Mistakes were an issue too; today we rarely have mistakes from our end, greatly reduced from the customer's end too.

Thank you Thibault!

Bakery Ordering

I now have accurate delivery information and clear invoicing and credit notes.

Pros

I like that I can place orders, make changes without difficulty then transfer the information to my accounts system already in place with ease.

Cons

I find the mobile version unsatisfactory. When making changes to a standing order the name of the product is hidden once clicked on, I often have to go back to check what product is being changed especially if I get disturbed in the middle of the transaction.

1 year in, still happy.

Higher customer satisfaction, lower administrative costs.

Pros

Simple interface, customers love it, affordable, good customer service, new features added regularly.

Cons

The only noticeable problems is that it's not great for mobile phone use. Occasional, there are minor glitches. Fortunately, they get resolved quickly.

Thanks Pete for a candid and honest review. It's been 2 years by the way. Time flies!!

It has made the production, distribution and invoicing side of things so much easier to manage

Pros

Being able to automatically create invoices and link them up with our accounting software. Customers are able to login to their accounts and place orders online instead of emailing or texting them over and replying on us to input them. Reduces error.

Cons

It would be great if there was more functionality related to baking schedules and calculating bread formulas

Thank you, James, the Recipe module has been released. We will enable them on your app immediately and give you a call to help you get started. Cheers

Great bakery software

Very positive and contributing hugely to process efficiency

Pros

Simple and easy to use 99% uptime, and streamlines the process end to end

Cons

Lack of mobile app, needs to be a better mobile GUI great for desktop but not so much for mobile.

would Recomend

easy to plan delivery route pick and pack list is supper helpful for the packers and to make sure customers get the right products, production planner and cut and shape is easy to use and makes production easy.

Pros

Very easy to add new customers into the daily production.

Cons

The setup is long and getting used to the system takes some time, but the support is great as they send you videos on how to use the software.

Great customer interface, easy to use and implement. Great value and accessible to small business.

Reduced admin problems.

Pros

Customer interface is exactly what we wanted. The ability to push info to Detrack for deliveries and skip all the paperwork is perfect. Streamline was very helpful and cost effective in coding custom enhancements to tailor things to our business needs. Streamline is a constantly improving product and their team is excited to continue to add functionality. Whenever there is an issue we have gotten quick action and things get fixed quickly.

Cons

We need more ability to customize reports so we don't have to request them to be created. Traceability and production planning are the next things on our to do list. Excited to see the new developments as they are implemented.

Discovering and using Streamline has been one of the best business decisions we've made.

Pros

The technology has streamlined our operations and made our ordering systems so much easier for customers to use. Streamline is really easy to use but when we've had a problem or question, customer rep has been a phone call away to walk us through things.

Cons

Thank you Al for a great review. It is very rewarding for us to know that we make such a difference to your business.

This software has upgraded the robustness of our daily operation.

After several years of operating with a rudimentary spreadsheet for all of our orders and deliveries, we finally made the switch and got software designed to manage our daily systems. I was initially hesitant that Mountain Stream would be able to match our needs, considering it was not custom designed for us. However, bakeries around the world have many of the same needs, and this software has...

Cons

Thank you Danny, if you have any suggestions as to how we can improve the ease of use, please let us know. We take great pride in listening to your suggestions and implementing the changes. I am delighted to hear that we have made such a difference to your business.

Excellent Solution

We operate a growing, micro-bakery and streamline has taken the effort, inefficiency, and inaccuracy out of managing our orders, production and invoicing allowing us to concentrate on the baking, better service and growing our business. Their support is always excellent and the system is always evolving to improve an already excellent product.

Streamline Recurring Orderes

I wanted a system that provide an ability for my customers to login and maintain their own orders. Streamline does that very well.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that my customers find it easy to use. Because of this they do use it as a tool to fine tune their delivery requirements.

Cons

Like most software, it is in continuous development and some features that I would like, are incomplete. However that does not distract from its main feature of consolidating recurring and cart orders.

Great stuff!

Streamline Bakery software by Mountain Stream is a great product to work with. Not only has it cut our order taking time down by about 90% it has also increased accuracy for both the bakers and our customers. Not only is there day to day ordering but there are standing orders with monetary values attached, advance ordering, forecasts, CRM, packing lists, driver route management, to name but a few...

Cons

Thank you kindly, Chris, for an amazing review.

Great solution for a bakery

The system works pretty well for a bakery with wholesale customers. It is really cost effective and easy to get started with. Some of the features are difficult to use- especially with late orders or order changes the day of. The invoicing is easy and clear as long as you don't need to make changes after the invoices are published. Overall I would recommend this software. Customers can login and enter their own orders and you can get started using this as soon as you get a login. So up front costs to use this are really low. They also have good customer service and response time.

Pros

The easy start up, allowing customer logins to enter orders, overall pretty easy to use once you understand it.

Cons

Making changes to invoices after they are "published" is not possible. Adding late orders is really cumbersome and not intuitive.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.