MyCuts

Booking & inventory management for salons

MyCuts Reviews

Pros

The reminders are great my clients love it gives them time if they have to reschedule. Also I love the cost its affordable.

Jeannette D.

I love the reminders and the ability to save their formulas and add pricing to their appointments. I am glad it stores all my clients and I can make their appointment automatically revolve.

Elizabeth C.

lindsey n.

Cons

There is no option for them to cancel their appointment if they need to.

MEGAN E.

It doesn't synce with my calendar, so I have to enter my appointments multiple times. It makes it inconvenient and time consuming.

Megan W.

If I put in say 9:00 it will randomly put in a completely different time. I usually catch it is change it before my client gets the wrong time.

Pamela C.

4.6

Have been using the app for 1 year now and love it.

Pros

The confirmations and the reminders. Saves a stylist from missed appointment s and a lot of time. I also like the recurring appointments as I have customers that book every 4 weeks.

Cons

When I make an appointment the time seems to not stay at the set time on the first attempt and I have to renter the correct time.

Hello and thank you for your review! Please check out our latest update to our iOS app. We greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Very user friendly, some bugs though.

Pros

I like that I can add a new client from my phones contacts. I love that is also send reminder texts for me so I don't have to.

Cons

I don't like that the phone number isn't auto drafted over from my contacts when adding a new person. So if I need to text then from the app, I have to copy and paste the number into MyCuts. I have had a few wrong numbers in my records within my cuts because of this. And there seems to be a problem with the function that puts the time and date on the appointment. I have had clients text me many times...

Claire, thank you for such a thorough review! Please check out the latest update to our iOS app that greatly improves the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com so we can get more details on the phone number issue so we can help out.

My Cuts Review

Overall experience, it's just okay. Needs a major facelift.

Pros

This software comes in the form of an app. I did enjoy the fact that I can schedule client's right from my phone. I also can leave comments about their specific service and what exact service I performed on them. I also enjoy the feature that prevents double booking. So I am not overlapping clients'and I can schedule each client woth the appropriate length of time. Also, I am able to search them by phone number, which I liked.

Cons

Well, to be honest, the software tends to crash a lot. I think an update would really suit it well. Also, because it is an app, you have to have a decent working tablet or phone, or it will just crash.

Anonymous reviewer, we're sorry to hear that you experience MyCuts crashing so much. Although we pride ourselves for having one of the lowest crash rates in the industry, it unfortunately still happens sometimes, and for others more frequently. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com to provide us with more details so we can fix it! Thanks!

Best app for salon bookings

I have tried a couple other apps, but MyCuts is the best in every way. It’s easy to use. Keeps me organized, and on top of my business.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. Down to the smallest detail, I can personalize everything.

Cons

I think the service scroll down should be right under the date ( when booking something) currently it gets lost near the bottom

Easy and efficient!

My clients love using their phones for their calendar. And if they forget they love the back up text message remimder!

Pros

Super fast to use! I love that my clients get their text messages up to 3 days before their appointment! I love that they can confirm their appointments over text or email!

Cons

I would like to be able to look up a client and see when their last visit was. I would like to be able to add a new client in right away on the schedule. Instead of adding them to the client list, then going back to the day I want them and adding them to the scheduled date.

Leigh, thank you for your nice review! We wanted to let you know that you don't have to add a client through the client list. When you make a new appointment, tap "(select client)" and then tap the plus button if it's a new client. This will also add them to the client list. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for more assistance.

Very easy program once you get used to it!

Pros

I like the ease of it, the option of two different reminder settings, and the confirmation texts it automatically sends out for me.

Cons

A lot of moments where I go to select the time of appointment, and when I go back to finish the rest of appointment - I find it switches my time to a different one than I set. With the confirmation texts, I believe there should be a reschedule/cancellation option, then prompt the client to contact me directly.

Brittany, thank you for your review! In our latest iOS update, we greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Love

Pros

I absolutely love this app! I've used it for over a year. It's been really easy to use. My clients love that they get automatic reminders & confirmation texts. As a busy stylist, I am at ease with knowing that I don't have to take the time to contact my clients. I also love the latest updates of shortcuts! The color formula history & the last appointment history.

Cons

I really wish there was a way to upload client pictures to their profile! It would help a lot to put a face to the name. The app sometimes freezes & then says I have no appointments scheduled.

I have used this app for my business for the past year. It is the best!

Pros

Everything! My appointments are always at my fingertips. I like that I can add services, with price and time. This app always reminds and confirms appointments. It keeps everything organized and professional. I rely on this app to help keep my business running smoothly and it has fulfilled every expectation!

Cons

I have only been in touch with customer service once. I was in a different time zone and some of my appointments were mixed up. Customer service quickly and happily handled the problem!

This app is great it reminds my clients that they have an appointment and enough time to resceduel

I can book appointments for my business and also can book for doctor appointments as well.

Pros

The reminders are great my clients love it gives them time if they have to reschedule..also I love the cost its affordable

Cons

I wish I could customize the reminder time for each client some like to be reminded a day b4 and 1hr is good for some

I've had a good experience using it so far.

The ability to have the majority of my important information at my fingertips.

Pros

I like that I can store my formulas for my clients. I also like that I can store the prices for my services.

Hairstyle Dream

It’s been great. Any questions Ive had were answered quickly and it is a really easy app to use.

Pros

It’s easy to set up. Clients love the reminder feature. I am in control of my appointments. No more relying on front desk staff who never understand your needs and wants. It’s all in my hands.

Cons

I would like a past history feature. Where you could select client and see all of there past appointments in a report type screen.

I like the app. Sometimes it changes times without me knowing.

Pros

I love that it automatically reminds your client of their appointment.

Cons

You can't look up past appointments to formulas on the Mobile app. Sometimes the time automatically changes in 15 minute increments.

Rebecca, thank you for your review! Please download the latest update to our iOS app that fixes the appointment time selection issue. To view past appointments for a client, there's several ways of doing it. One way is to swipe left on the appointment row, tap "More", then tap "View Client's Appointments.". Also, you can view hair formula and notes histories by tapping the history icons next to their labels when you view an appointment. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further help.

Great!

Great overall experience though. Loved using the app

Pros

Free and amazing for being free. Used it to keep track of clients, appointments, notes and even lets you keep track of inventory super easily

Cons

Only allows a couple clients before needing an upgrade and doesn’t let you change some of the default questions

Love this app! It's a great tool to keep me on track!!

Pros

I love that I can see my partners appts so we can schedule accordingly. My clients love the confirmation and reminder texts.

Cons

I wish that it kept track of client files, for example, date&time of last appt as well as what was scheduled and I would really like to be able to see all future appts that are scheduled.

Erin, thank you for your review! There's a few ways to view a client's past and future appointments. One way is to simply search the appointment list by their name, and it will show you all of their appointments. Another way is to swipe left on an appointment row in the list, tap "More" and then "View Client's Appointments." Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

One of the best scheduling programs I've used

Pros

It's easy to set up, easy to use and my clients love the confirmation/reminder feature! Being able to add additional stylists and see everyone's schedule is such an added bonus!

Cons

There's not really much I don't like about this software. The only thing is that your unable to search your clients last appointment

Candice, thank you for your review! There's a few ways to view the client's last appointment. One way is to swipe left on one of their appointments, tap "More" and then tap "View Client's Appointments." Another way is to simply search the appointment list by their name, which will show you all of their appointments. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

High quality app on a budget.

I am very happy with my purchase of My Cuts. All my clients love the reminder and confirmation texts.

Pros

I like the ability to have the app on both my phone and tablet. I like that the software breaks down subtotal, tax, tip and grand totals. I also love the functionality of the software. It’s easy to operate which is very important to me. The main reason why I bought this monthly software is because it confirms my appointments for me. That’s worth so much more in my industry.

Cons

I don’t like how the server is slow at times. It makes me worry. I do wish that I could break down my weekly and monthly totals easier. Maybe not using the dial like it has now.

Its ok... It does the job.. I wish there was a bit more functions and wish it looked visually nicer.

I use it to organize my life and my clients

Pros

I like how there are separate places for staff members and that it sends reminders. I like that there is a note section.

Cons

I don't like the look of it. and I also wish we can fully customize the reminder and confirmation notice.

Samnang, thank you for your honest review! You can fully customize all of the reminder and confirmation messages. Just tap the "More" tab, then "Manage Client Notifications." From there, you'll see how you can customize all of the messages that are sent out to your clients. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance and suggestions how we can improve the look of the app.

Has everything I need but can sometimes be hard to use.

Pros

This software has pretty much everything I need and I love that the layout is so easy to look at and use.

Cons

I wish there would be more shortcuts so that when I have to repeat an action I didn't have to continue to put everything in fully

Haley, thank you for your suggestion! There are some shortcuts already built in that saves a lot of time. One of them "rebooking" an appointment. All of the information from the previous appointment is carried over to the new appointment, and all you have to do is change the date. Can you please email us at support@mycutsapp.com so we can get some more details on what kind of shortcuts you would like to see?

I love this app

Pros

This app helps me keep track of all my appointments and how much I make monthly. And My Cuts helps me maintain a stable clientele, and keep up with my products that needs to be restocked. It's easy to use and affordable.

Cons

I wish it had a reminder on it I don't really have anything bad to say about besides I wish my clients can go through the app their self n book appointments by them selves

It's a great app

Pros

Client reminders Repeat booking Reports Style Client info Products Inventory Service Reminders Confirmations

Cons

Can't select the time of the client reminder delivery Can't prebook by clicking repeat for a certain day Can't block your calendar for certain days

Tiffany, thank you for your review! In our latest update to our app, you can make any appointment a "blocker" which will help block out your calendar for certain days. Also, we greatly improved the recurring feature so that it shows at least a year out of their future recurring appointments. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Easy, accessible, reliable, cost effective

Pros

Clear and simple. Easy access and great customer service. Very cost effective for small business like mine.

Cons

Wish it kept note of previous checkout totals. I often run specials so prices do change. I sometimes don't check client out every time!

Sarah, thank you for your review. To view past appointments totals for a client, we recommend that you swipe left on an appointment in the list, then tap "More" and then "View Client's Appointments." This will show you all of their appointments, past and future and you can view each of their totals from there. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

It's the best cost efficient app I've used in the industry!

The best hairstyling app I've used! Super easy to use!

Pros

Love the new update! It has now allowed me to store my clients color formula. And my repeat clients now are in the calendar months ahead! I love how I can email my totals to myself every month which makes book keeping a snap!

Cons

Since the update several weeks ago, I honestly have nothing bad to say about this app. It's super easy to use!

I love this app. It makes my business and life run so easily.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is the reminders. My clients love the text reminders. It has cut down on no shows for me as well. I also love the repeat appt option!

Cons

I only wish that the software would sync to my iPhone calendar. I use an Apple Watch to make it easier to communicate with clients while working, I would love to be able to view my next apt as well.

I am ac part time stylist. My cut has streamlined the appointment possess.

Pros

Ease of use, i like that it saves clients and has every thing right there. Making the clients next appointment is quick and easy.

Cons

The Formula that i used last time on a client doesn't update with the new appointment. I'd like to see that change. I currently still use client cards for this because it's easier. Also if i can't come in until a certain time I'd like to be able to block out that time with out entering the times like you can on a paper book.

Lisa, thank you for your review! To carry over their previous formula, you can either rebook their last appointment or you can import their last appointment. To import their last appointment, swipe left on the client's name while editing an appointment and then tap "Import Appt." Also, when viewing an appointment, you can tap the history icons next to the "Hair Formula" and "Notes" labels to see their respective histories. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

I use MyCuts for my dog grooming business and it works great to keep track of my appointments.

Pros

Easy to use and keep track of your clients and their appointments. I love (and my clients as well) the automatic confirmation and reminders, makes things so easy and cuts down on no shows.

Cons

After several updates since the start of using this app in late 2016, there really isn't anything I dislike about the app.