PHP Point of Sale

Retail POS system that manages multiple store locations

PHP Point of Sale Reviews

Pros

Integration with stripe is great feature; also the commitment to upgrades is solid, so easy to get up and running with economical equipment.

clay b.

Easy to use and excellent platform with great customer service, any time I have needed help they have been there for me.

Nicolas B.

I have been very happy with PHP Point of Sale. From the functionality to the quick response it has been a pleasure to use.

Bryan L.

Cons

I do have problems with the system maintaining accurate item counts. That's really my main complaint My item counts are always off.

Andrea T.

If you are using it for the first time, you might have a little headache. No detail video tutorial on how to use the software.

The new pricing is a bit ridiculous to me, Year and every year the price seems to go up.

Kevin R.

I have been using PHP Point of Sale for over 3 years now. I am very happy with the value and support

Pros

Great support, if you have an issue they will take care of you. It is so comforting to know that there is a real person that will help you out when you are in a jam. They are also innovating, they don't rest on there past performance. I always see new features that I am happy they have added.

Cons

I am very happy with it. However, if I had to chose something it would be better accounting for a whole business picture of your performance.

A lot of value for the price

We used a fairly old, desktop-based POS for years. When web-based POS's started coming out, it seemed that they offered some significant advantages - though our first try with one (Hike POS) was an utter failure, based on what was promised with it. PHP POS worked great right from the start. The features they promoted all worked great - in fact, the biggest challenge was in determining how to utilize...

Pros

There are an incredible number of ways to customize the software, and the range of capabilities is equal to POS software that's far more expensive. On top of that, there's support that surpasses pretty much any other software I've ever used.

Cons

I'd kind of like to see certain reports that aren't readily available, but that's an awfully minor issue.

Ricks Picks Review

Chris is great to work with! Without chris I could not deal with this Service. His help is valued The best possible value for what you get - thats for sure I see this cloud service in this infancy. It needs a lot of upgrades. My biggest issue is that it is not a system designed for a fast pace retail store - with a line of customers. What I do like is that ti is very easy to edit sales and fix...

Pros

I already wrote it before

Cons

Already wrote it

We loved it until we developed our own

Great. We loved the easy to use, easy to deploy and syncing features. It syncs to your woocommerce store.

Pros

It is easy to use. It is easy to understand for people who are not used to POS systems. We were able to train new employees on how to use it very quickly. The fact that you can connect several stores online was great.

Cons

Out of nowhere the team behind it decided to make it close source and forcing you to switch to their online SAS option. That didn't work well for us since we have poor internet connection in some of our stores. Therefore we had to develop our own software. The team behind PHP point of sale have since retracted their efforts to make it close source, but it was too late for us; we moved on.

Hi, Thank you for the review. You are correct that we removed download version and brought it back. We still recommend cloud for most people now that we have offline mode. We are sorry to lose you as a customer but we still have download and offline mode

Great sales and inventory tracking software

Using PHP POS has really helped us save money hiring people to do some sort of work. The software does everything for us and we can manage and track every single thing that is happening in the store.

Pros

PHP point of sale is a great tool to have with amazing sales and inventory tracking, you can easily track everything in one place using this software. you can track customers, suppliers, sales, deliveries, price, reports, etc. Their customer support is just great if you have any glitch they are always ready to provide support and they're never tired of doing this is so great for us.

Cons

If you are using it for the first time, you might have a little headache. no detail video tutorial on how to use the software.

All function are complete to my shop

It's an online version I'm free to access my pos every where and every time, I can many it and report it in short time, so i have time to run other business. For small business we don't need accounting department by using this full function pos with small money

Pros

Report is every good, we can find the most as we need. And other best for me is import/export to ecommerce and website.

Cons

currency exchange for yet, Item should have type, example we can add it as Metter, Kilo, PCS or extra

It does all I need to run my store. Great value for a very good price

Ease of use and access on any platform...

Pros

I like this software because it is a web-based software and I can use it on any device I have at hand at anytime.

Cons

The only con I have is that it doesn't work with my merchant provider "Square". I have to go outside of this software to process payments. I used another merchant that was supported by PHP POS but I couldn't use them anymore because most of my transactions are over the phone.

Very good and versatile. Good support.

point of sale and credit and debit card purchasing made very easy, sale takes place very quickly and customer does not have to wait for dial thru and connection before sale is approved or denied.

Pros

platform is very portable. I am able to use computer, phone and tablet. Easyt to log on and log off. Able to add users, and access a variety of customer records.

Cons

reports could be better. Many reports concern distributors and input of product dates and money. Would like more reports regarding interaction with customners that could help boost repeat business and help with customer interactions at point of sale.

It has helped us track all sales transactions, maintain inventory records and generate reports easily and quickly.

Pros

This is one of the most simple softwares for small organizations. The customer support team is so friendly and quick. it is also very affordable and effective .

Cons

No major problem so far. it just simple and straightforward but majorly useful for start up businesses.

Easy to learn platform with access to customer service at your fingertips. Would highly recommend!!!

Pros

In my case I love the ability to manage inventory and decide easily when a order for more parts is necessary. By always having parts we are always making money.

Cons

Not being able to use it on your phone or other stations are hard to set up. I wish it was easier to use in other locations.

Robust, intuitive, and cheap for the small business!

I came across phpPOS while researching different POS systems when we were first opening. Suggested by a user on /r/smallbusiness, we were seeking a POS option that allowed us to utilize categorized products for our own stock, consignment based sales, and reporting features. Another caveat we held was that the POS was within our "limited" budget at the time -- phpPOS fit all of those needs, and more. We...

Pros

- detailed inventory options with categorization - ability to separate consignment sales and suppliers - product / service separation - good reporting options - can customize with knowledge of php - extremely affordable - stand-alone product -- service outages don't affect your sales! - item-grid compatible with touch-screen (we have too many items, so don't utilize this feature -- but it's there!)

Cons

Very little cons. Never had any major issues, nor had to resort to customer support. The POS is intuitive enough to figure out on its own. Gift cards can be a little confusing at first.

Great piece of POS software!

We have used this software since Day 1 of our company InfinityMeals. I'm a PHP techy but my associates who are not so IT inclined were also able to use it easily. We use it in our restaurant to punch in orders and track our inventory and generates sales reports for analysis of products purchased. We wish there are extra features like further customization to the receipt to reduce the length...

Pros

Simplicity Ease of use Great User Interface Straight forward functionality

Cons

Rapid updates. :)

Great Product. Great Support

PHP pos offers a robust user experience: slick interface, excellent sales and inventory tracking, and intuitive ease of use. Training employees to use the software took practically no time! Customers love the account features that allows history searches and store credit lines. My favorite feature: first rate customer service! Tech support responds quickly and thoroughly. And new feature requests often are met in the next release build. I highly recommend this mature platform that has made store management simple and efficient!

Pros

Customer support--trouble tickets resolved quickly and personally. Feature enrichment grows by orders of magnitude with each release.

Cons

Maybe offer a video tutorial or other resource(s) on using the software for admins. Your interface is highly intuitive, but someone new to POS transactions might not understand, in principle, the rich value of all your PHP pos software capabilities. Your support forums are a great starting place for troubleshooting. I'm thinking more in terms of feature tutorials.

Best value for the money... best value even if they charged more

This system is amazing. The value you get for the cost of this system is hands down the best out there. You can spend 5 to 10K dollars and get suckered into NEC products that don't perform half as well. PHP POS provides so much above and beyond in the realm of customer service that any of the other people would charge you out the ear for. We have been using PHP POS as a hosted solution for a year and what little support we have needed has been immediately delivered. I know I am costing myself money here but they need to raise the price of this product. They are selling too cheaply.

Pros

This product does everything a small brick and mortar store needs. It handles them well. I run this system as my own hosted code so the team has created software changes just for me. You will never get that kind of customer service from another vendor.

Cons

There is very little about this system that is a negative. You are narrowly focused to a few Credit Card suppliers but that has expanded and I suspect will continue to do so. It does run in a browser so you do need to be sure to follow specific instructions and use firefox.. which is no big deal. I still use chrome and IE when I don't need the receipt printers.

Great Affordable and Easy POS

We've been using PHP POS for about 3-4 years now and love it. It was reasonably priced and it had all the functions and features we needed. Have never had any problems with it and even when we upgraded to Windows 10 they're tech support was quick with a fix and we were up and running again within a day. Hope to keep using PHP POS for many more years.

Pros

Price for what you get, good support. Reliabble software.

Cons

Would like more customization of fields (chance names and be able to delete extra fields we don't need when adding items...) We use it as for our consignment shop for artists, so it works but if we could customize it, it would make it even easier for volunteers to use too.

Fantastic software for my firing range!

We went through several demos before deciding on PHP Point of Sale. It's ease of use, and the ability for us to locally host it, and price made it the obvious choice. We've had over 16,000 transactions, 6,500 unique customers in the past year, and haven't had a single problem. Even the upgrade was seamless. The few times we've had questions, they offered exceptional customer service and has...

Pros

Easy to install, very stable, and fast (running on dedicated Windows 7 Pro atom machine with SSD)

Cons

Would like to be able to add custom fields to customer database. I know it can be done with a PHP developer, but would be nice if that was an option natively.

Excellent Customer Service

We use the software for costing and inventory management since we are an online shop. While changing hardware, I couldn't figure out how to bring over the data. The customer service I received was unbelievably great going above and beyond. Using the software is fairly straight forward. There are a couple of annoying bugs but the next version promises to fix that. Comparing the value for the price, this is a good buy. I recommend this product.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer service.

Cons

Days to expiry: Having to manually count the number of days leading to the expiry date. I would like to be able to enter the expiry date stated on products and have the software calculate the number of days so that we can run a report listing products expiring in x days. Kits: When creating a kit, the individual product cost appear, but afterwards when looking at a kit, the product costs are hidden making modifying a kit time consuming.

After 3 years this POS software still makes my life so much easier.

I started with PHPPOS about 3 years ago when I opened an art supply store. With thousands of sku's to track I needed an easy platform to use. I found PHPPOS online and gave it a try. It is incredibly easy to use both in function and design. I haven't needed help often but when I have the support has been lightspeed fast. I chose to download and use the software on a local server as I do not want to...

Pros

It is easy to use, reliable, aesthetic and intuitive.

Cons

There are a few things that could allow me to be more efficient when using it for example, if I could choose what line the screen landed on after adding a product. Or if I could choose which lines were mandatory or not to fill out when adding products.

Excellent features for the price!

Ability to access the program from any location and device! Customisation, ease of use - everyone can use it even our technologically challenged staff!

Pros

So easy to use, large amount of features including the ability to add photos, edit items in bulk, price scaling/ tiers, control duration of sale prices, emailing a copy of the invoice to customers, CLOUD based - this feature has been my life saver! Ease of introducing a scanner, till and label printer to the program, excellent customer service who actually take your recommendations seriously and even implement bona fide requests that would serve everyone! Ability to customise. The price is what drew me initially and has kept me using it!

Cons

If somehow it could be integrated into any website to save me doubling up on managing inventory. Other than that at this stage your team has done a fantastic job! I've recommended this to all business owners I meet!

Good POS but needs to grow with new fuctionality

PHP Point of Sale is a good web based and mobile software that matches well for small and midsize businesses. While the interface is clean and intuitive, the integration features to any major eCommerce platform is non-existent. We use PHP Point of Sale for our brick-n-mortar store, but have to maintain separate inventory from our online ecommerce solution which requires extra time and manpower. I recommend you throughly test the PHP Point of Sale application and see if it meets our needs. I'd like to see more features and functionality deployed and tested at a faster rate. The updates are far and few between. I would recommend to small businesses. When you're at the point of 1000+ skus and you're business grows, you made need to re-evaluate your business needs.

Pros

Interface (Clean and Concise) Great IPad App / Mobile Useful Features

Cons

No integration with BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento, or Woocommerce at this time Product Import (SKU's) need to be enhanced

Hard to beat PHPPOS

Trying to convey away from the traditional Point of Sale system, we decided to test PHP Point of Sale. We were very impressed from the moment we started using it. Compared to the many different software we tried, we found PHP POS to have the best user interface. It is perfectly laid out, making the workflow very easy to understand. We also found PHP POS to be the fastest most responsive out there....

Pros

Everything. It is very well built software.

Cons

It does not have the ability to add GL accounts

Great software, excellent support

Pros

Very comprehensive feature list, fast support

Cons

Nothing negative about this solution. Very happy

Ultimate product for reports generation

PHP Point Of Sale gains a monetary for our business to track the reports at real time extremely high end product with lots of features in it, the items and inventory can generate reports based on sales. This program works great for businesses that use cash, check, or account numbers for their sales. For my business needs, it's gaining my business to huge thanks for php point of sale .....

Pros

PHP point of sale is mainly used for reports generation unlike other softwares, php point of sale does it all work at one place, we can sync with apps that you already use like QuickBook, Square, and Woocommerce. To boost our business in no time ,extra clean format of dashboard can be maintained to the end user ie.. reports generation. Quiet easy with this software, php point of sale is a best product to recommended to small and medium-sized businesses people to track their levels of business in graphical format.. thanks for php point of sale

Cons

No cons till now php point of sale has to improve one basic source is when ever product is sold on daily basis or item can't be checked try to improve this overall good product

Great tool for the price. It streamlined the worst bottleneck at the shop.

It streamlined customer checkout by allowing us to open a second (or third) register during busy times. For event days, we grabbed a deposit bag and a smartphone or tablet to take care of registration while the main desk remained our standard cash register setup. It saved a lot of time and confusion.

Pros

PHP POS is easy to use once the initial setup is done. I could train someone to use it in a matter of minutes, as opposed to a couple of hours on our old system. It also allows easy lookup of products and sales receipts as well as offering a variety of report formats.

Cons

The initial setup on our server took a little bit of effort. Also the cash-in-till tracking wasn't working for all registered users. (That could have been a configuration error on my part, though. . . still haven't figured it out.)

Best pos I have ever used

Chris and the team are amazing. When I first got the point of sale it did just about everything I needed. I had one issue and Chris added it in the very next version. I made more suggestions and just about everyone was added. I live in Australia and I have even had Chris call me once to sort out and issue. I got the feeling Chris thought it was was a very important issue to fix which is great to see. I am so impressed by the software that I am currently in the process of maybe selling two more copies to local businesses.

Pros

Features are add quickly on request and the support is fast and really good

Cons

It's based on a tax system that is not local to me but the team made adjustments and added features which to sort this out. I would also like to see less need for a mouse.