PHP Point of Sale Logo

PHP Point of Sale

Retail POS system that manages multiple store locations

PHP Point of Sale Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.24/10

Reviews by rating

Integration with stripe is great feature; also the commitment to upgrades is solid, so easy to get up and running with economical equipment.
Easy to use and excellent platform with great customer service, any time I have needed help they have been there for me.
I've been satisfied with this product immensely and highly recommend it to persons looking for something innovative, feature rich and easy to use.
I do have problems with the system maintaining accurate item counts. That's really my main complaint My item counts are always off.
If you are using it for the first time, you might have a little headache. No detail video tutorial on how to use the software.
The new pricing is a bit ridiculous to me, Year and every year the price seems to go up.

Geraldine P.

Easy to learn platform with access to customer service at your fingertips. Would highly recommend!!!

Pros

In my case I love the ability to manage inventory and decide easily when a order for more parts is necessary. By always having parts we are always making money.

Cons

Not being able to use it on your phone or other stations are hard to set up. I wish it was easier to use in other locations.

11-50 employees

Reliability and Awesome User Interface

This software allows to control and manage an entire retail store, it's cloud based so you can access it anywhere with internet. It comes with different functionalities you can control the access to employees, cash, receivings, expenditures, create your own bar codes and it has different type of reports to see the behavior of your business. It's super intuitive so that reduces by a lot the time to train the people in charge of it

Pros

Beautiful User Interface and Responsive to be used in tablets, cell phones, pc's Lots of functionalities through different modules Lots of Reports to suit different needs

Cons

Needs Improvement to cater service companies like restaurants Doesn't have the option to be linked with scales

DG

Daniel G.

Consumer Goods,

Critique of PHP

I manage a small Christian book store that operates on a small budget so we chose PHP for our point of sale program. We originally had issues with slow responses if we tried to record multiple purchases on one transaction. We overcame that by installing the program on the hard drive. My greatest problem now is printing receipts. Originally the receipt printer printed from margin to margin but there has been a program change and now I cannot get the printer to print to the left margin. I have about a half inch margin which creates extra long receipts. Tech support tried to help me with this problem but were unsuccessful. I also wish I could add fields in the item description list to fit our needs. All in all the program works fine and is a good value.

Pros

The price

Cons

The printer issues and slow response to entries.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great sales and inventory tracking software

Using PHP POS has really helped us save money hiring people to do some sort of work. The software does everything for us and we can manage and track every single thing that is happening in the store.

Pros

PHP point of sale is a great tool to have with amazing sales and inventory tracking, you can easily track everything in one place using this software. you can track customers, suppliers, sales, deliveries, price, reports, etc. Their customer support is just great if you have any glitch they are always ready to provide support and they're never tired of doing this is so great for us.

Cons

If you are using it for the first time, you might have a little headache. no detail video tutorial on how to use the software.

All function are complete to my shop

It's an online version I'm free to access my pos every where and every time, I can many it and report it in short time, so i have time to run other business. For small business we don't need accounting department by using this full function pos with small money

Pros

Report is every good, we can find the most as we need. And other best for me is import/export to ecommerce and website.

Cons

currency exchange for yet, Item should have type, example we can add it as Metter, Kilo, PCS or extra

It does all I need to run my store. Great value for a very good price

Ease of use and access on any platform...

Pros

I like this software because it is a web-based software and I can use it on any device I have at hand at anytime.

Cons

The only con I have is that it doesn't work with my merchant provider "Square". I have to go outside of this software to process payments. I used another merchant that was supported by PHP POS but I couldn't use them anymore because most of my transactions are over the phone.

The most easy POS system for SMB-businesses

Pros

What I like the most in PHP POS is the easiness usage. The UI is super intuitive, an optimized for touch screens. Also the deployment is really straight forward.

Cons

The expenses module is not usefull. Can´t get when I would use it.

Very good and versatile. Good support.

point of sale and credit and debit card purchasing made very easy, sale takes place very quickly and customer does not have to wait for dial thru and connection before sale is approved or denied.

Pros

platform is very portable. I am able to use computer, phone and tablet. Easyt to log on and log off. Able to add users, and access a variety of customer records.

Cons

reports could be better. Many reports concern distributors and input of product dates and money. Would like more reports regarding interaction with customners that could help boost repeat business and help with customer interactions at point of sale.

Ahmed A.

I really enjoyed the user experience .. its easy to navigate and setup

Pros

The setup was easy and straight to the point. I also liked the product entry process. It allowed me to scan products directly.

Cons

There was a few cons when it came to customer rewards. The user interface was ok but needed some work.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

It has helped us track all sales transactions, maintain inventory records and generate reports easily and quickly.

Pros

This is one of the most simple softwares for small organizations. The customer support team is so friendly and quick. it is also very affordable and effective .

Cons

No major problem so far. it just simple and straightforward but majorly useful for start up businesses.

TS

Twila S.

Inexpensive and User Friendly

Before switching to PHP, most of my experience with POS systems were on the bookstore side, meaning that managing detailed inventory is a high priority, and I was skeptical that I could find a less expensive system that would allow me to do what I needed to for my diverse inventory. The system was easy to install, setup and learn. The customer service has been outstanding. They take the time to work through any issue(s) whether through instruction or logging on to help directly. PHP is a perfect fit for me and my store!

Pros

This is one of the most user friendly POS systems that I've used. There is a common sense approach with the applications, which makes it easy to train employees and quickly learn any updates that are added.

Cons

Sometimes the set up for credit cards and other applications can be overwhelming; however, as soon as I reached out to customer service, I had help and was able to accomplish whatever task or tasks that needed fixed/completed.

JM

Jose M.

Best POS for Retailer

Pros

Simple, easy to use, if you have knowledge in Excel you can transfer products, suppliers and customers in seconds. A lightweight program so you don't need to have a server or a supercomputer to manage it. You can work in the cloud or you can simply do it locally. It adapts to cell phones, laptops, tablets and you can access it from anywhere by creating a network that allows you to do it. We have been using it for years when it only had about 70mb of download.

Cons

It would be good to improve the way to search for products so that when the item number or barcode is not available, the search is done by item description. The other thing that could be improved would be (in my case) the account statements for customer accounts receivable. This applies to me because I have few customers to whom I grant credit.

CL

Chris L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Best value for the money... best value even if they charged more

This system is amazing. The value you get for the cost of this system is hands down the best out there. You can spend 5 to 10K dollars and get suckered into NEC products that don't perform half as well. PHP POS provides so much above and beyond in the realm of customer service that any of the other people would charge you out the ear for. We have been using PHP POS as a hosted solution for a year and what little support we have needed has been immediately delivered. I know I am costing myself money here but they need to raise the price of this product. They are selling too cheaply.

Pros

This product does everything a small brick and mortar store needs. It handles them well. I run this system as my own hosted code so the team has created software changes just for me. You will never get that kind of customer service from another vendor.

Cons

There is very little about this system that is a negative. You are narrowly focused to a few Credit Card suppliers but that has expanded and I suspect will continue to do so. It does run in a browser so you do need to be sure to follow specific instructions and use firefox.. which is no big deal. I still use chrome and IE when I don't need the receipt printers.

RA

Robert A.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Feature Rich & Great Service

Fantastic experience. We have used PHP for many years and, during the years, compared other systems to make sure we are still using a premium platform, which also resulted in staying the PHP.

Pros

The system is easy to get started and full of features that can be adjusted to the business requirements.

Cons

Improvements on integration, credit card totals transfer to units and e-com.

MC

Mari C.

Excellent Customer Service

We use the software for costing and inventory management since we are an online shop. While changing hardware, I couldn't figure out how to bring over the data. The customer service I received was unbelievably great going above and beyond. Using the software is fairly straight forward. There are a couple of annoying bugs but the next version promises to fix that. Comparing the value for the price, this is a good buy. I recommend this product.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer service.

Cons

Days to expiry: Having to manually count the number of days leading to the expiry date. I would like to be able to enter the expiry date stated on products and have the software calculate the number of days so that we can run a report listing products expiring in x days. Kits: When creating a kit, the individual product cost appear, but afterwards when looking at a kit, the product costs are hidden making modifying a kit time consuming.

RY

Raghu Y.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Ultimate product for reports generation

PHP Point Of Sale gains a monetary for our business to track the reports at real time extremely high end product with lots of features in it, the items and inventory can generate reports based on sales. This program works great for businesses that use cash, check, or account numbers for their sales. For my business needs, it's gaining my business to huge thanks for php point of sale .....

Pros

PHP point of sale is mainly used for reports generation unlike other softwares, php point of sale does it all work at one place, we can sync with apps that you already use like QuickBook, Square, and Woocommerce. To boost our business in no time ,extra clean format of dashboard can be maintained to the end user ie.. reports generation. Quiet easy with this software, php point of sale is a best product to recommended to small and medium-sized businesses people to track their levels of business in graphical format.. thanks for php point of sale

Cons

No cons till now php point of sale has to improve one basic source is when ever product is sold on daily basis or item can't be checked try to improve this overall good product

MA

Mohammed A.

The best Point of Sale Software out there

Pros

Extremely easy to use, one of the best software's that comes with built in integration with woocommerce.

Cons

We haven't had any issues with them yet.

SW

Sophia W.

Absolutely Amazing Point of Sale

Phenomenal; and that's not hyperbolic at all. We are in the process of opening two more retail businesses and know for certain we will use PHP Point of Sale for each of them when we are ready to open. By far the easiest part of setting up a retail shop is dealing with the folks at PHP Point of Sale. Thank you for all the help getting started!

Pros

Support: Their support team is incredible! They go above and beyond what we expected. Ease of Setup: Our systems administrator said she loved getting this up and running and that getting set up with WooCommerce was simple. Ease of Use: Straight forward and well documented when you run into any snags. We had our Point of Sale up and running well before the slow credit card processing companies even thought about helping us.

Cons

Bitcoin Support: Quite literally the only negative I can think of is not being able to accept bitcoin payments (although, you can still tag them as cash sales if you prefer). It would just be nice to have that integrated natively, but it's really not a deal breaker.

GP

Greg P.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great simple POS

Generally very satisfied. It does the job.

Pros

It’s simple. Simple is best. Not overly packed with useless, or repetitive and overpriced features. I have other software for accounting and inventory. Like most businesses I also have a terminal for card transactions. This fits in easily without costing me a fortune.

Cons

Would be better if export to excel was in number format instead of text format. Which means I have to convert my numeric text to numbers so that I can sum up columns.

JD

James D.

Fishery, 51-200 employees

PHP is a very capable and valuable POS.

Very good.

Pros

The reporting suite is incredibly powerful.

Cons

No payment terminal integration in Canada.

CR

Chad R.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Great Affordable and Easy POS

We've been using PHP POS for about 3-4 years now and love it. It was reasonably priced and it had all the functions and features we needed. Have never had any problems with it and even when we upgraded to Windows 10 they're tech support was quick with a fix and we were up and running again within a day. Hope to keep using PHP POS for many more years.

Pros

Price for what you get, good support. Reliabble software.

Cons

Would like more customization of fields (chance names and be able to delete extra fields we don't need when adding items...) We use it as for our consignment shop for artists, so it works but if we could customize it, it would make it even easier for volunteers to use too.

MG

Marilyn G.

Easy product to transition to from other programs

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to create categories and payment methods used. I like that one can suspend a sale while helping out another customer.

Cons

Would like to be able to get a report of inventory levels from the beginning of the month to end of the month by looking at closeout reports. It just reports the current inventory amount regardless of the day. When entering a new item, one needs to find the next product number. It would be nice if it would learn how you create product numbers based on prior input and put in the next one for you.

VR

Vladimir R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Three years with this POS

I am glad and really thankful for rep this software and especially for his support, mostly initially. Very intuitive soft, easy to understand and operate. We are running for four places, integrated on one server. Incredibly easy to access virtually from any point of the world! I would say - one of the best soft I come across. There is some luck of reports, probably fixed on the version 15.0 didn't try. Otherwise - perfect.

Pros

Easy to understand and operate. Very mobile, one can reach it virtually from any where in the world.

Cons

Luck of reports and still confusing system of invoicing (sales in credit), luck of expiry date tracing

RG

Roman G.

PHP POS - super!

Five years ago, he met with this software. Install, configure, translated into Russian, very satisfied. Translated by Google.

Pros

Ease of installation and configuration. Very reliable system. Easy stores and processes all of my sales for all time. For five years in the base more than 15,000 products and more than 130 thousand sales. If I need to analyze the sale, such as the categories of goods, or to withdraw all the goods sold for the year, the system is not choking, and provides the necessary data. Translated by Google

SL

Sam L.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

We were blown away by the speed, professionalism and friendly demeanor of our phone technician that resolved our local host connectivity issues. He was able to back up our entire POS database and get the software updated and back online in just half an hour. This inspired us to recommend the software to other businesses and remain with the company in the forseable future.

Cons

Overall, there are no cons. The software is very user friendly and efficient.