PHP Point of Sale

Retail POS system that manages multiple store locations

PHP Point of Sale Reviews - Page 3

I started using PHP about 4 years ago. Very nice people to deal with. Great Price.

Pros

Ease of use is great. I can do most everything I need to having a small retail store. Very simple format for training purposes. I don't have the internet version but it is great to be able to use it on a computer and not "have" to use it on a tablet.

Cons

There are always glitches when it comes to programming software but they do try to fix when there is a problem. The only problem I have would be the taxes averaging is not exact.

Good software if you do not need any customization.

I used it from approximately 2009 to 2014. Pros it works. No issues, Cons customization do not waste your money. I got it customized a number of times. Quick sale button. Keyboard shortcuts, combos etc. Unfortunately the guy who was hired by the owner of the software to help with production, did not do the job and I was done with paying for both software and customization every time a new version came out. It would always be an improvement but not backwards compatible. Use Odoo POS now.

Pros

Does what it is supposed to.

Cons

Not modular. Very frequent code base changes.

The most complete and Simple POS

I got this software for a client who had a couple of retail stores, he need something simple and something he could monitor from remote. And of course in his money range. PHP Point of Sale did the trick, easy to install, It took a little bit of time to setup the products, but once done the client was happy and I had a done job.

Pros

Easy to install and a lot of options for different types of business

Cons

sometimes some of the menus u have to get used to because the don't explicitly say what is is for.

Really amazing POS system

I was working in Excel for about 5 years, my XLS file was 120 MB large and it became really difficult to maintain it, especially for working with clients, I had an impression to be in 90s'. During all this time I was looking for a POS system that could satisfy my needs and finally I found PHP Point of Sale. In one word - Amazing ! Easy to use, has everything you need + any kind of reports, easy to integrate or to modify code if needed and support is really good. PHP Point of Sale is way better than any other POS systems that I tested before. If you are looking for POS system, spend 1-3 H on understanding PHP Point of Sale system logic and after that you will just LOVE it!

Pros

Easy to use Code is free to be modified Good support

Cons

Best POS I've used or tried. Easy, packed with features and reliable.

Pros

How much I can do with the program. I have a standalone version I have tailored to fit its use in an antique mall with 50 vendors. I can teach even the most computer unsavvy vendors how to make item tags. BECAUSE of the program's ease of use.

Cons

Only one upgrade with stand alone purchase. Would like the ability to remove some features that are not applicable to my business with just the ability to turn off.

Excellent platform to build from

I am an experienced PHP developer that specializes in database applications for customer management. I have used PHPPOS for 2 client projects (a yoga studio and magazine publisher) as a base platform to customize from. PHPPOS has made it easy to extend, adding on extra modules as needed for my clients.

Pros

Excellent out-of-the box functionality. Open source and self-hosted, so a developer can build onto it.

Cons

Support for product shipping would be excellent, it's something I ended up adding myself.

Best solution for small businesses at a very small price!

We have installed PHP Point of Sale in several boutiques and the feedback from the clients have been great. It is a very user friendly solution with all the necessary functionalities required for small businesses. More importantly, the source code is yours - therefore, using our own PHP programmers, we have created custom reports for each of your clients and even added a ticketing module to allow our clients to print price tickets in different formats. Our experience with the PHP Point of Sale's support team has been exceptional - they have always replied to our support issues within minutes and even take the time to connect to our terminals using team viewer to help with upgrades. For the money, there is no solution out there that is as extensive and this one!

Pros

* Open Source code * Simplicity of the software * Reporting and Exporting capabilities * Centralized database

Cons

Currently, it does not plug into an e-commerce platform.

Highly recommended!

I needed a web based POS solution that would run on any platform and I found PHP Point of Sale by searching the web. I decided to try it because the price was within my budget and I can tell you this software has not disappointed! It is really easy to install, configure and operate. We use it to sell jewellery and it helps us track sales and inventory. I'd recommend to anyone looking for an intuitive and practical POS software.

Pros

It is easy to use

Cons

Does not interface with our accounting software.

Great value for service provided

We apprecite having access to your service because it makes our job easier and lets us have different kind of reports to follow up on payments, clients and dates. We would definetely recommend it for a small business like ours.

Pros

The reports and that the items can be customized for access from employees and according to the firm's needs.

Cons

There are some items that don't really apply to us, but they're not an obstacle to create new type of payments or users.

The all inclusive POS you'll ever need.

Very affordable for a small business like the one I am currently managing. Varying capabilities for different users and the simple layout makes it very easy to learn (Very intuitive). We learned that it was a single location license and needed to purchase a second one.

Pros

Multiple location POS functionality, intuitive, and powerful!! Great customer service, easy to install and very functional. Simple and efficient inventory managing. Two options for the POS; Download or cloud-based (Prices vary) You do get a 14 -day free-trial which we took advantage of a few months ago and signed up for the annual. Compatible with Square for Credit card processing.

Cons

Not compatible with items that need to be weighed/ Scale systems.

Used as POS system for a small retail operation (bike shop and bike fitting studio)

Invoicing, bookkeeping, and inventory were made much better for us!

Pros

Just works. Software is robust, can be accessed from multiple computers within the organization. Any technical issues have been quickly resolved by support staff.

Cons

Upgrade options are expensive for the size of our business. Although we'd love to have it cloud-based, the cost cannot be justified for our size of an operation.

Great platform to extend in many ways

Pros

I like that I have access to the source to make it custom. I've extended it in many ways already and my client consistently sends new feature requests.

Cons

The reporting system in older versions leveraged some temp tables that were quite inefficient as the data size scaled. Otherwise nothing really. The platform has allowed me to extend functionality to all my needs.

Perfect for our small business

Chris has been fantastic. He is always available for help and such quick response time. Php is one of the few pos programs that allows a customer account which is essential for our business. Also as we are a seasonal business they are very flexible with our season and I can't stress how important that is when it came to choosing a software. Thank you I will continue to recommend php.

Pros

Customer accounts

Cons

Some reports are limited it Chris seems to always find us a fix

PHP Fantastic product for my fashion boutique!

I bought the product around 5 years ago, it offers everything I need for my small fashion boutique. Its easy to input information and great for the daily running of my business. I can run reports, show graphs and I can export to excel. I'm seriously thinking about going on the cloud to make sure my data is safe as I currently just back up to a usb daily. I strongly recommend this product. Michelle (Island Designs, Australia)

Pros

How easy it is to use.

Cons

N/A

Feature-rich, customizable, great support

Reports help me decide what items to order and quickly show our profits. The latest update that allows for variations is awesome, it makes it so simple to add in sizes and colors.

Pros

The software is robust, offers everything we need (and more), and it is constantly being upgraded and updated. The reports are great, and the software works well in browser, or through the app.

Cons

Ease of use and customer support

It's a very good and intuitive software for small scale retail companies, because it helps to keep track of all records. Bitcoin payment feature should be added. It's very easy to understand and operate.

Pros

Online customer tech support. Ease to use user interface. Can be installed easily. Free trial to test the software before buying. Can add and update bulk photos. Can be accessed remotely.

Cons

Can't be integrated with large e-commerce companies. No drag/drop feature. Dose not accept Bitcoin payments. Can't be linked with scales.

Outstanding Customer Support

SUPERB! Had some issues (of our own making whilst changing a server) and CSR stepped in to help and sorted the problem out through some technical advice and then stepped in to effect some remedial works that were beyond my capabilities. Resolved the problem quickly and we're very grateful. Thanks

Pros

Easy to use and does exactly what we need it to do

Cons

I can honestly say we can't fault it at all.

Excellent POS software for small business that is flexible and easy to use

I'm extremely happy with my decision to use PHP POS. I've had to use customer support a couple times, and each time I received a prompt, accurate response. The flexibility of the software and its ease of use are very good as well, allowing me to do what I want and quickly and easily check different metrics. I would like to be able to add serial number at receiving, but I believe that's coming in a future update.

Pros

Easy to use, many report categories to see/review

Cons

Would like to be able to add serial numbers at time of purchase, and be able to view sales history of a specific item instead of just category

Easy and flexible

Very easy to begin using. Setup is simple and multiple capabilities for setting different values. One of the few I found that allowed for decimal/fractional unit sales which was critical to my business. Continued upgrades are often based upon user requests and most are dead on for solutions. Customer support has been outstanding with prompt responses, solutions and help beyond the software itself including the hardware. The value is just outstanding in my opinion.

Pros

Flexibility and ease of use. Multiple users. Limited data viewing for users.

Cons

Still lacks sourcing database.

It Works for Glow

I was looking for an uncomplicated POS system for my store. When buying the business I received the previous owners POS and it was good but much more then what I needed. My computer crashed and because of that I decided to look for a simpler system which is your POS. One of the main things that I miss from the other POS and wish you had is a complete end of the day report. We have to do our end of day cash drawer report on paper because it doesn't include the credit cards, checks, and gift cards. I can see the totals on the dashboard but would make it much easier to have those items listed with the cash report.

Pros

Already shared on previous page but add that I like the page for questions and you've answered numerous ones through that.

Cons

Already shared on previous page

Very good aplication

Only some features missing like sizes an colors or atributes for items and some minus features. But very recomended software for the point of sales business.

Pros

The online system is a great feature because I can see in real time the sales and reports.

Cons

Some features missing like item atributes for sizes and colors and hide the sales grafic only for some users (employees).

Been with you guys for 5 years. Pretty happy with functionality and reliability.

Pros

web based and can be accessed from my phone. I can check sales from any computer. clean and responsive UI.

Cons

some customization. I would like to be able to remove the ability for some employees to see how many of certain items are in stock when they make a sale. do not like the search bar for items, does narrow down results properly.

Best multi location point of sale software that is very fast and easy to manage

Pros

Reports can be checked anytime from anywhere. PHP point of sales can be used on any device like mobile or tablet pcs PHP point of sales provides best User interface for fast sales handling and with tons of options

Cons

Mysql needs to be properly optimized to get fast speed. If mysql is not optimized performance is very slow.

PHP Point of Sale Review

Pros

Excellent Development with Easy Interaction With Interface along with Features as mentioned in the Software.

Cons

Reporting is main feature in every software, But PHP POS really gives a great feature along with enhancement for reports as well like Custom Reports, Tracking and other valuable reporting impressed me for purchasing it.

All you need in a POS

We have had great results using PHP Point of Sale. It is customizable completely from top-to-bottom and has built in modules to work with all our printers and cash drawers. It was also very easy to connect the script to our order and inventory management system so that all the data is synced. Very easy to set up and start selling in the stores!

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to use and can be customized completely. Compatible with major receipt printers and drawers. Ability to process all types of payments

Cons

Updates to the script aren't included in the purchase option. Need to purchase it again if the updates are relevant to your needs.