Plate IQ Reviews

4.0

How would you rate Plate IQ?

SH

Steven H.

AV

Amanda V.

I love how easy it is to upload and export invoices. The accuracy rate is very high and it makes the AP Process for us so easy and also saves us so much time.

DR

Deisha R.

AM

Anne Marie D.

AM

Anne Marie D.

All in all we spend as much time trying to fix Plate IQ's mistakes as we are saving with it's features.

JF

Jeremy F.

Great Product!

Becoming a paperless AP team and with minimal date entry, the OCR really assists with this and allows us and the stores to focus on other things

Pros

Cons

I don't think there is a whole lot that PIQ is missing, the only thing I would recommend would be cleaning up the dashboard and maybe making it a little fresher

PlateIQ has been a game changer!

With our company growing and adding more hotels, having an online, centralized AP solution has been a game changer. Adding new hotels has been an easy process and getting the data into our accounting software has been a breeze.

Pros

The best part of PlateIQ is having centralized access to all our company's invoices. A close second is having online approval capabilities.

Cons

I feel like some of the reporting is a little lacking. I would love to be able to easily pull a GL account and see what all was spent in there but I don't believe that can be done very easily.

Horrible Customer Service

UNfavorable

Pros

Nothing... we didn't get enough training and guidance

Cons

They do not have good customer service - not responsive

You need Plate IQ

The biggest benefit of using Plate IQ is that it is saving our company money! Plate IQ continually processes invoices and payments even while you sleep. Because of Plate IQ, we have eliminated our AP department (saving the company loads of money) while improving our relationships with our vendors by getting payments out accurately and timely. We no longer need a team of employees to process invoices and cut checks.

Pros

Plate IQ has many features that help accountants be more efficient and produce accurate financial reports. The invoice processing is a huge benefit, especially if your company has hundreds of invoices coming in every month. Plate IQ scans those invoices, codes them for you and has them ready for you to schedule payment. Easy! Vendors can even send their invoices directly to Plate IQ for processing...

Cons

We started with Plate IQ before much of the automation was implemented. Remembering to go in and export invoices and payments to the accounting software was tedious. I am pleased to see that much of this is now automated - if only the Spend Management credit cards could be automated too!

Inconsistency

Like most things in life there is a 50/50 chance of it working like it should

Pros

When the invoice matches the data entered

Cons

When there is no data and invoice is legible

Plate IQ Partner Feedback

Positive on the product Frustrating on the support and communication

Pros

It's awesome and has great OCR accuracy. The technology is goo, but there continues to be room for improvement.

Cons

No partner program or support. The Company is very decentralized and communication is aweful.

Better than Most

I like the software, but the reading of invoices could be better.

Pros

Makes it easy to approve multiple invoices in a short period of time.

Cons

Invoice reading software makes multiple errors forcing you to reassign products on a daily basis. Even products that have been purchased on multiple occaisions.

Clean and easy view of all expenses

I can see every invoice in a library on my phone at an instant… so many problems resolved by this

Pros

Individual items change prices view is ideal for catching any possible hit to our revenue

Cons

The bill pay feature is still too slow and it takes a lot of time to get to the vendor.

Ability to upload photos from Iphone needed (rather than scan)

Ease of use is great

Pros

ease of use. And the ability to upload photos on the fly.

Cons

Please add the ability to upload photos from iPhone as an option Please add the ability to crop photos.

Good

Overall, very good experience.

Pros

Product is easy to use. And functions to help process invoices efficiently.

Cons

Wish there was a more developed way to sort product pricing and type of goods. It would be great if there was an inventory function developed into the software. It is hard to export items and pricing and transfer it to our monthly inventory sheets.

Plate IQ

Pros

I believe this was mentioned in the previous areas.

Cons

The only one I did not mention was the billing structure. Since there is no break in price for any level of monthly invoices, the overage penalty is tacked on, when they could clearly charge the same fee for each processed invoice and be done with it but with seasonality, the company takes advantage of the fact invoices will not be used in some months and overages occur in others. It is very difficult to find the balance... I would have preferred this closer to a copier lease agreement, where the overages are billed quarterly or yearly.

Plate IQ - Valuable tool

I was initially against this product. I didnt see the value in it. We only use a fraction of what it could actualy do. This has turned a=out to be a great decision. THe time saved entering invoices as well as the ability to stop duplcates is fantastic.

Pros

THe importing of the invoice and the ability to see an actually copy of it as you do the approving.

Cons

We had some monor issues with exporting some records. After a call to customer service, the problem was resolved.

The Design Choices In Plate IQ Prevent It's Features From Becoming Worthwhile

In a word? Bad. Plate IQ is very much a bait and switch operation. They promised one thing and ever since we started they have given excuse after excuse about why they aren't responsible for living up to the promises they gave us initially. Plate IQ will commonly state that things are working as intended because they often are. The problem is that the basic design of Plate IQ prevents it's features...

Pros

That Plate IQ platform is able to handle multiple store locations as well as export to both QuickBooks and Chef Tec desktop software. The platform is also able to allow you to choose to map invoices using either items or directly to GL accounts as you wish.

Cons

Plate IQ has some powerful features, but numerous basic design elements prevent those features from truly being useful. They boast of a powerful OCR system, but the truth is that the system only looks at data on an invoice until it has identified something from a previously created list of items that matches close enough. Their reps have referred to this as the "essence of the item" to me. The basic...

Best AP platform in the F&B game

Pros

Ease of use. Beautiful interface. Great customer service

Cons

Want more data! Please create more tools like hot list and spend analyze

Plate IQ Review

our experience on a daily level with plateIQ is fantastic

Pros

we like that it is easy to find items on invoices so we do not have to go find the invoice in a file cabinet and our Chefs have access now even though they are not in the accounting dept We love the reports, being able to see price increases in an easy accessible location in the program

Cons

it did take a long time to get all our items in correct categories

User View of Plate IQ

It's very business friendly, despite what industry you're in. We're a concert venue with a bar, so this software really helped us stay organized and on top of things that were due. Big life saver.

Pros

I liked how user-friendly it was to search for the things I was looking for. Invoices/receipts things like that that I have multiples of. It shows you line by line each invoice or receipt, etc... Searching has great search features to narrow it down for you too.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was that sometimes there were just too many options to go through.

Plate IQ 12.07.21

It's ok. It has made life a lot easier. I wish I could start over knowing the things I know now.

Pros

I like that it reads invoices and puts them in accounts. I like the integrations with Intaact and Cogs-well. It has made accounting easier in general. It is when there are mistakes that it becomes an issue because of the reliance on history.

Cons

Manually changing every invoice because the software doesn't recognize the "picture logo" and assigns the wrong vendor or that an item is recognized wrongly and has to be manually changed on every invoice in spite of changing past invoices and item list.

PlateIQ

I summarized some of this on the prior page. Overall customer support is weak due to a lack of training and timely responses. I assume due to lack of staffing. I am concerned with a focus on revenue management that will take away work on fixing current issues.

Pros

Convenience and cloud based; integrated to accounting and inventory system, ACH, checks in system and vendor rebates

Cons

Weak support, no PO system, vendor management is weak, approval policies are cumbersome,

Use for Review

Ok. Mostly used for review of invoices.

Pros

Auto upload of invoices. Centralized location for all invoices. Links to ERP.

Cons

Reporting is bad. It is slow and can't handle too much information. Search features are okay. Not as user friendly. Requires a lot of oversight.

Great software to manage invoice, cost recipes in real time and manage inventory from your phone

I was always looking for a way to go paperless. With Plate IQ I just take pics of my invoice then access all my spendings. They digitize invoice at a line item level so I am able to see how my items prices are fluctuating. After setting up my recipes I know how they are changing in pricing as well. My bookkeeper uses the platform to automatically export invoices to Quickbooks and therefore we save money on the data entry work that used to be done in the past. Last we can now count our inventory more often without having to update item prices in an excel sheet.

Pros

item prices update and automation to our accounting system

Cons

They are still working on POS integrations

Plate IQ--great platform for restaurants to integrate with accounting software

Able to account for recipe costs and was able to move to a completely digital filing system for invoice, vendor bills, etc. Ability to monitor price fluctuations for items needed for restaurant to see is clients are getting the most for their money. Houses inventory information which eliminates the need to keep in another spreadsheet outside of the systems. Bookkeeping/Accounting team has the ability to export invoices directly into accounting software which eliminates manual entry and reduces the margin of error.

Pros

Runs real-time updates and automates wonderfully with accounting systems (Xero, QBO).

Cons

Point of sale integrations are limited.

Plate IQ Review

Awesome, questions are answered quickly. Reporting is accurate and timely.

Pros

User friendly, everyone has very little trouble using the system. Nice to be able to spend more time out of the office

Cons

Does not intigrate with Aloha. We use Aloha in our FOH and would be nice to be intigrated.

Senior Controller

Exceptional!

Pros

Efficiency for a company in many locations.

Cons

It took a while to get all the approvals set up because we have 65 locations.

Makes Life Easier!

Love it!

Pros

Scanning invoices as opposed to entering each item individually is dreamy

Cons

No cons, at all. I love everything about it. The con is, there is no con

Easy to Use

Plate IQ makes it easy to get your invoices to your bookeeper/accountant. There is no unnecessary scanning or sending through email. It's very organized and simple.

Pros

My favorite feature is that you literally upload a document and then you are done. There is no extra information you have to fill out about the invoice that you're scanning. With other softwares you still have to fill out a bunch of information like itemizing each thing.

Cons

My least favorite part is how long it takes to officially upload onto the site. It takes about 15 minutes to receive a confirmation email that the invoice was uploaded. I'm not really sure what is taking so long, or why. But this is not a huge deal.