All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

PointOS

Point your restaurant in the right direction with PointOS.

PointOS Reviews

Reviews Summary

Pros

This app is fantastic to support your restaurant sales and also will provide great visibility with its dashboard/reporting engine.

Lucia G.

Read the full review
Great valley with the money your spending. M so glad i end up with this awesome system.

Frank D.

Read the full review

Cons

Support is expensive and required which was a terrible point. So terrible, in fact, that I will never recommend this software to any other company I represent again.

Kevin S.

Read the full review
Customer support is horrible. When I signed in for this software.

fawzi n.

Read the full review
They are just horrible when it comes to customer service.

John C.

3.6

Awesome

Never had a problem

Pros

So easy and understanding. Great valley with the money your spending. I’m so glad i end up with this awesome system

Cons

Sometimes it blocks and i need to restart the pc

Frank, We are so happy that you are pleased with your PointOS point of sale system. We are always aiming to provide the best value at an affordable price. While we sell the software as just a license that you can place on any windows device, we do not provide support should something go wrong with your device. PointOS does offer new modern sleek hardware options from Elos with parts and labor warrantees and can replace your device next day.

Works well for my bar

Overall I haven’t had any major issues. It does run slow at times but that’s probably related to the internet not the system. I’ve been using the system for nearly three years. I started with one station and recently bought two more. It is nice that there are no monthly fees. Overall, I would recommend PointOS.

Pros

I like the set up of the software. I have three stations in my bar and they are all linked so you can add items to a tab from any station. The system is easy to use, based on my experience and that of my staff. Several of my staff report that PointOS is much easier to use than other software they’ve used at other bars. The item menu can be easily customized and alphabetized. I like that you can add...

Cons

It would be nice if there were more item tabs. We sell a high volume of alcohol and mixed drinks and we don’t have room to put all of it on its own tab. Another thing that would be nice, but really not a big deal, is if there were more icons to make the item tabs easier to find. There are some icons, for instance the more popular beers have an icon so it’s easy to recognize. For items with no icon, you have to type it in. You can highlight the items by color which is helpful. It is cumbersome to add everything in but I suppose every system is that way.

HI Katie, Thank you for the feedback. Our Support Team has troubleshooting steps to help improve performance and will assist as the best of their abilities to make sure when multiple terminals are in use that the communication between devices is not impeded by improperly setup firewalls and antivirus, but are limited in the abilities to assist with hardware that has not been purchased or maintained by PointOS.

PointOS is solid but could be better

There have been a couple of issues that I have addressed with the company with no resolution. Truthfully it could be more but I dont recall, as we have been running the system for a couple years and I found work arounds. One of which I turned off printing sales tax on the receipt (as we include it in the price of the drink) and it still printed it on there. Another issue is different reports from the...

Pros

I like the fact in a tablet world, that I could install the software on a Windows PC. You actually own the software and the service contract is reasonably priced compared to others. By switching to PointOS, the processor they required for direct integration has been great and has saved us a bundle.

Cons

While it's nice to own the software and run it on a Windows box but Windows 7 is getting harder and harder to find. While the software worked flawlessly for the first year it has become sluggish and there have been numerous remote reporting outages as of late. They have been promising a brand new version for over two years and they finally have picked a launch date. The software looks dated and you have to run the system at a very low resolution to function properly. Lastly, automatically added charges or discounts are a percentage. If you want a happy hour price you have to set a happy hour price for every item.

Hi Scott, Thank you for taking time to leave feedback. PointOS has an all new user experience with the reliability of PointOS Professional with new features being added regularly. The new PointOS also has a dedicated development team that has provided expedited trouble responses for both software and some hardware issues. PointOS has an excellent track record for adding new features requested by customers. We value all our customers feedback and our team is always looking for new ways to make PointOS better.

50/50

Software is straightforward as long as the new updates don't screw any thing up. The great thing this company has going for it is the technical support department. Customer service experiences were terrible.

Pros

Software is easy to use and technical support is always friendly and available 24/7.

Cons

Customer service is completely lacking on this product. Purchased the remote desktop feature and it never did work on any device. iOS, Andriod or PC. This was a license for an extended time period. PointOS would not return any calls on this for weeks. When I was finally able to get ahold of somebody, Point OS refused to technically resolve the issue, or offer any refund, pro-rated or otherwise.

HI There, Thank for taking the time to leave your valued feedback. The PointOS Software (Pro and PointOS) are Windows? 7 or higher compatible. We are excited to say that our newest software that will be coming out soon will also support Android and iOS. In addition our new customer success representatives are available 24 hrs 7 days a week 365 days a year to help assist with any questions.

Good system

Overall a solid purchase, good value.

Pros

One time purchase. Great hardware options available, but will run on any windows PC. Touch screen is best, but not required.

Cons

Split tenders seem to generate problems. it will go ahead and print the kitchen ticket before getting full payment.

We are pleased to hear you are happy with the PointOS point of sale software and the value of its offerings for our competitive pricing. With the launch of the PointOS XE we offer new split check features which should help address your concerns.

PointOS review

It's ok, not great. When you call, it depends on which rep takes the call. A few of the guys are very helpful; others want you off the phone and will only provide the basics and not go beyond

Pros

easiness to add the food items for the restaurant and set up categories as needed

Cons

reporting. Their reports are not good, need improving. Plus have to do manually since unless you pay for cloud service you cannot access reports remotely

The PointOS platform provides an all in one point of sale system with features ranging from inventory and labor forecasting, to detailed reports and analytics that help you to make the right decisions for your business. Our updated services included a low monthly fee of 39.99 per month for a PointOS license, which includes 24hr a day, 7 day a week customer service. Cloud services are also included in this price and allows you to access your reports from anywhere, anytime.

Awful support

The software is exceptional - it is the service and support that makes this product a very poor choice.

Pros

Loaded with features. POS, Scheduling, Membership, Email intigration, delivery, payouts, calendar, more.

Cons

Poorly documented in some areas. Getting information to implement product functions if you can't figure it out in the manuals will require an additional support contract. In short, after the purchase you are on your own unless you pay them s lot more money.

Mike, With our new how-to videos you can easily find all the information you need to address your queries. If you can't find what you're looking for and need additional support our new customer success team will gladly answer any questions you may have. With the purchase of the new PointOS XE software for 39.99 per month customer support 24 hrs a day 7 days a week is included.

PointOS

Overall it works well for our situation. There are several things that I would love to be changed to make it even better.

Pros

It is easy to use. The set up isn’t complicated. The daily use is fairly easy even for those with limited computer knowledge.

Cons

The system does not work well for a business that utilizes charge accounts for customers. When those customers pay, there is no opportunity to add a tip when using a credit card. “Creative” bookwork has to be used to accommodate these tips. Which is something we do not want to do.

Amy, Thank you for sending your valuable feedback. Our new PointOS Software has significant improvements to our house account feature that include the ability to add and adjust tips made via a house account.

Just Ok... nothing special

Pros

Affordability... but you also get what you pay for

Cons

Customer support... They expect you to be on their level of knowledge

Matthew, The PointOS platform provides an all in one point of sale system with features ranging from inventory and labor forecasting, to detailed reports and analytics that help you to make the right decisions for your business. In-house payment processing also offers the ability to provide competitive cc processing rates. Our how-to video manuals thoroughly explain how the software works from the moment you start setting up. If you can't find what your looking for our customer success reps will gladly help you with any queries until your problems are resolved. We hope our better service helps improve your business.

Need to pursue perfection

Pros

Easy to use like adding new menus or easy setups, etc.

Cons

A lot of bugs. Not completed program yet. 1. Easy to mistake to hit cash payment button while printing customer receipt. This is most common mistake from every servers. 2. Some discount item (like wine special) prices are not reflected in the breakdown but total is correct (screen viewing is correct but printing is different from screen view). Not a professional POS yet! 3. Monitor size and PointOS screen mismatched. Too small screen!

Jongsoo PointOS XE offers new display, and new features that can help make your restaurant and servers operate more efficiently with less mistakes. Our new hardware offerings from Elos are modern, and sleek and come in different screen sizes so you can choose what is best for your restaurant.

Great beginning machine, maybe not for a larger business.

Overall, for a business just starting out, it was a great solution and your tech support was always really amazing. I feel like we grew out its capabilities and needed to move in to 2018. I was really excited when I saw the new version coming out, but after waiting a year for it to happen, I moved over to a cloud system. I feel more secure knowing I have auto back-up and knowing that 5 tips don't become...

Pros

Overall, it is a decent budget POS with a lot of high end functions. I did like the report functions, the weather reporting and incident reporting and inventory functions.

Cons

At this stage, it is a little dated. The cloud was never connected and always had to be manually started, which defeats the purpose of having a cloud back-up. There were many parts, like modifiers, that were really clunky and made operating difficult. I hated how you couldn't name reports that were emailed, and everything came across with the date and time you emailed them. You would have to write...

Lucia, Thank you for your valued feedback. With the newest version of PointOS the cloud is connected via a customizable service and there are no extra steps from the customer side needed once setup and initially synced. All exported reports can be renamed and saved to file, you can gladly call our support team to assist. Additionally PointOS has a number of enhancements for Internal Reports, Automated Reports, and Cloud Reports that do not require remote access to restart the cloud connection, with the added ability to see historical data via the portal even when the system is offline or without an internet connection to sync with.

Test it carefully

I had a hard time accessing reports for May (I think it was May) because the Cloud was down. I have to access them separately and add in information because it was out for weeks. That is a real problem. The weird reports are a problem. It is pretty easy, otherwise. And for a place less complicated it might be fine.

Pros

Working with the company initially, assistance with installation. Completely simple without extra fluff. Inexpensive. The credit card processing company is top shelf; helpful and pleasant to work with.

Cons

The Cloud is not reliable. Extra steps, like running a credit card, pop up with every order entry. Having to name every tab if it's not cashed out right away. The reports do not translate well to quickbooks for our accountant. If you hide or delete a menu item, it gets "ungrouped" which makes it impossible to get accurate reports by category. For example, we change Draft beers several times a...

Hey Robin, Our Team can help with the report start and end times. Also our new version bridges all the gaps this classic application may need to work well for you. Please get in contact and give you an over view of the new version.

this point os can be hit

horrible. software is fine but support is bad

Pros

I like how easy to use it and it's customization is not bad

Cons

customer support is horrible. when I signed in for this software . one of the main thing I loved was the 24/7 tech support. of course what is a software without a support service. the first year the support was amazing. when we Renaud the support plan every thing went down . you call support they don't help any more. they cant or don't know. last time I had to wait 2 weeks for the customer support level 3 or what ever to call back and fix the problem. my issue is a POS without a strong support is nothing . so what we did . we ended up not renewing our service. we need to add more station but the question is it worth it without a good c support. now are in the market for a system because we can't work with a pos that have basically very poor support PS we have 2 business that us pointos

Fawzi, We are sorry to hear that you have had a difficult time with customer support. With the purchase of the updated PointOS XE the payment plans start at just 39.99/mos for 1 license, and additional licenses are only 29.99/mos. This includes 24hr/7 day a week customer support from our new team of support representatives. We also provide how-to videos to help with the set up and use of the PointOS system.

Used it for years

Over all this software works well for me, my employees and myself have found ways to work around the issues that never get fixed or seem forever to be addressed. I don't like that PointOS does not let you know when they have fixed something you have reported. I use this for my liquor store and bar.

Pros

It's easy for employees to use, once you get that everything is ounce based it's pretty easy to program from the back end. Support is friendly and always answers and will move you up the food chain if you have a unique issue.

Cons

It has bugs and issues. I also can not see what items are tied to inventory items so if you make a mistake programing and building the data base good luck ever finding it. The reporting is minimal but better than what I had.

Angela, We appreciate you taking the time to send this valuable feedback. With our new PointOS software we have added new Cloud Reports to help manage customer requests for new reports. We also work directly with PointOS Customers using our newer software to help create an environment ideal for all of their needs. The benefit of having our own Customer Success team now is that Customers will be informed of any support calls that are resolved outside of the current active call. For technical related issues our Technical Support technicians will always keep our customers updated on resolutions, or ask for further info when needed until the issue is resolved.

Worst business decision I ever made

Horrible system, terrible support, an utter waste of money and a complete disappointment. My review ran out of space or I would have explained more of my PointOS trauma. I'm shopping for a system now and I am looking at Rezku, Touch Bistro, Lightspeed to name a few. But reviewing my memory of Pointos made me want to warn you all. Don't make my mistake. The only good part about Point of is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (sorry if I misspelled your name [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was incredible and always tried to help. Its not your fault PointOS is a broken nonfunctional disgrace to the POS market. I mean even my calculator can add payroll hours better. Do your self a favor and DONT BUY THIS SYSTEM.

Pros

I was sold on included features such as basic inventory management, payroll hours calculation and simplicity of the system. After 5 painful years working with PointOS Proffesionals and then PointOS XE all I can say is DONT DO IT!

Cons

Start by saying their proprietary screen doesn't have a power button (How do you forget a power ) So when it freezes sometimes daily they say oh just unplug it. EVERY update for a glitch, I would think great its fixed.... but every time they fix something, they also break something. The reply?.... Sorry well fix that next time days or weeks later or never? The cycle repeats for 5 years almost non...

We're very sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to provide the best software and service at the most cost-effective price, and we are disappointed to hear you were not entirely satisfied. Our support is always available to offer training on reports and batching. We're also happy to advise on compatible hardware specifications to ensure optimal software functionality. If we can be of service in the future, we'd love to show you our new platform and compatible hardware options to ensure a more positive experience.

Company full of empty promises, defective products

Actually and absolutely no benefits whatsoever. That sounds exaggerated--but it is not. (BEWARE. Sales people will tell you hardware will ship same day as payment clears, but this is NOT TRUE. Several days of delay after payment even after 4 follow-up calls.)

Pros

The only possible pro to this software was that you can download it online and there is not a long delay for setup.

Cons

Implementation of the PointOS Profesional software along with their hardware bundles was an unmitigated disaster. The software is riddled with glitches, anomalies, malfunctions and bugs. I spent hours and hours and hours on line with tech support fixing problems within the first 2 weeks. After an agonizing opening week with thousands of dollars lost in comped food and upset customers I called in an...

Hi Jake, we are very sorry you had this experience. I see the detailed notes on your account, unfortunately your printer arrived in a different mode than the standard PointOS mode. It did take longer than expected. However, it was identified in one business day. It was at this point the product team authorized to provide white glove support at no cost to you, which is above our standard support service....

PointOS

Pros

Price and features. It really is a great system for the price. Aside from a few of the glitches, it's well worth the money. I'm very happy with my purchase. However, if you are not tech savvy, be cautious buying. Customer support and technical support is useless. I set it up myself from day 1, so I was able to make sure everything was programmed properly.

Cons

There's still a lot of glitches in the system and customer support is some of the worst I've ever experienced. Technical help also is awful. They couldn't help me anytime I called in to tell them about some of the glitches I've noticed in their system. In fact, the one time I called in, the lady actually said, "wow, you know more than us about this".

Hi Anthony We are so sorry to hear that you have had this experience. We are happy to announce that PointOS has brought our Customer and Technical support in-house and have qualified representatives ready to assist 24hrs a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.

Worth the price!

Pros

PointOS is a great low-cost option in the expensive world of POS. We have used PointOS since we opened 4 years ago and they continue to add and improve features based on customer feedback. They have outstanding customer support!

Cons

Lack of online ordering capability and tablet orders.

Mike & The Camp Restaurant, Thank you for your positive review. We really value our customers feedback, and are glad to hear we have been implementing and improving the PointOS software. We are pleased to say that both online ordering, and tablet orders are now available with our updated system and new hardware offerings. Thanks for your support.

Great system that could use a few minor improvements.

We use PointOS for a bar. Overall we are satisfied with the system and what it allows us to do.

Pros

The ease of learning the system is great for new employees. Simple yet effective.

Cons

I wish the inventory was a bit more precise and user friendly.

Tymber Thank you for the positive feedback, and we are glad to hear that the system is easy for you to use. PointOS XE offers precise and thorough inventory recording from your food and liquor to your plastic cups and napkins. What ever you use and need to keep track of can be thoroughly recorded.

Simple and easy to use

Tracks inventory and sales that others could not

Pros

The only software that does what I need.

Cons

Some reports can’t be run for more that a meek at a time. But that’s being worked on in PointOS XE

Michael, Thank you for taking the time to give PointOS positive feedback. PointOS XE offers a full service point of sale system for bars and restaurants. We offer real time reporting on the cloud anytime anywhere. Set up multiple auto reports and have them emailed or sent via text message. Even send a text to the platform to get specific data.

Horrible Customer Service

Have not really realized any gain, there are a couple of things we wnted them to do for us but there has never been a reply to our requests, no phone calls, no feedbacks. they are just horrible when it comes to customer service.

Pros

They started off great when the software was just purchased, however, their customer service sucks

Cons

Their product support is horrible, they never answer or reply to any requests from their customers

Hi John, We are sorry for the difficult time you had with the software and our pleased to say that our customer service has agents are now available 7 days a week 24hrs a day to assist with any issues you may have. All the best.

Blows away the competition

I've worked with a dozen systems over the years and even for more money this system hands down has more usable features than any of them

Pros

Locally based hardware installed and installed with reliable LAN with added in the cloud back up and iPad connectivity makes this a winner!

Cons

You have to use either Vantiv or Cayan processors but they both do a great job so that's not a problem for me

Thank you for the glowing review. the entire hard working team here loves seeing these!

Knowledgeable sales team. Responsive customer support. Easy to use POS. Great for pizza shop.

Quick start up when we opened up the restaurant and very little hassle going forward. I have complete confidence in the team at PointOS to help us resolve operational problems where the POS system can be of help.

Pros

Pizza builder makes it easy for for our staff to create custom pizzas. The system is easy to learn from set the set up to daily use.

Cons

The only issue we had was with the printer when we initially installed the product. Resolved with a replacement.

4th Street Pizza thanks for the review, and we're glad PointOS and the team are able to support your business needs with the pizza builder and 24hr customer support.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to program, can copy menu items key features into a new product Employees learn it quickly

Cons

Limited amount of Pricing levels for a single product. (Only Good Customer, Special, Regular or Employee) As an example, you can't have "Bud Light" at regular , lower on Tuesday and a different another day... you can only have one pre-set price drop per week.

Hi Jerry, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. The newest versions of PointOS haves Select Customer Pricing Levels, distinct daily special pricing, and customizable "happy hour" pricing for even more customization.

Excellent POS for its time.

Program was excellent but did not upgrade to tablet based. Too bad. I have been with NCR silver pro for a few years. iPad based but fairly slow and below average customer service. Lacks features. Very slow to add obvious features.

Pros

Very fast. Feature packed. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Credit card provider. No choice but theirs. Windows based, very cumbersome. Heavy footprint.

PointOS provides successful restaurants with a technology platform that combines point of sale, front of house, back of house and guest-facing technology with an integrated credit card processing solution custom-built for restaurants. With newly in-house cc payment processing you can now rely on PointOS for your processing your payments. We offer secure & reliable payment processing with no hidden fees, and honest pricing. PointOS is always striving to be better, and are always updating our feature offerings and product integrations.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.