ProSolutions Software Reviews

4.41/5 (108 reviews)

Jeremy Foint

IT Manager Recommending Transcend Software

Reviewed 2017-02-23

I'm the IT Manager for a 350+ room hotel with a fulls service Spa, Salon & Fitness Center. We've been using Prosolutions Spa retail, booking & membership software for approximately 8 years now, first in it's original Prosalon iteration and now in the latest Transcend version. Over the years we've looked at several other pieces of spa software, and while most of the properties in our brand have switched to competitors software, we've been lucky enough to hold out and continue using the Prosolutions software. Functionality is full featured and easy for spa desk agents to begin using without any prior experience....I do have some problems with missing functionality related to dual databases on the same client computers (hence the 4 out of 5 stars for "Features & Functionality" & "Overall Quality"), but this is a unique issue that is not likely to occur for most companies using the software. Additionally their recurring membership billing software has been developed and then revised & adjusted over the past few years, to the point that it's now very stable & easy for our Spa Manager to bill our 300+ Spa members every month. Overall it's well featured, and most importantly they've really stepped up the credit card processing by partnering with Mercury and enabling EMV debit/credit card processing fairly quickly, so customer can utilize chipped cards with a handheld pin pad. Additionally, they've increased the methods by which you can reach their support department. You can now get a hold of them via telephone, email or internet chat. The internet chat feature is especially useful, as they are quick to respond to a new chat session. I still don't appreciate the early closing of support on Fridays, but I'm sure they have their reasons for this. Overall the current version of the Transcend software is in my opinion, the most stable and feature packed software that Prosolutions has offered, and I'm going to continue using it in my Spa, Salon, & Fitness Center!

Karlabeth Beste

Prosalon vet efficient

Reviewed 2017-02-24

Everything works pretty well. There's only a few things I would like to change, one is if you put a popp up note, I'd like it to show up, cuz if you put a note on the apt. It disappears after the apt. Is rung up! The pop up note would remain, but you have to click on the pop up to see it it would be nice if it would show up as you scan over the apt.

Pros
All the places to put the information about theclient and services

Cons
Sometimes in the morning you go to ring someone up and it says you have to close the drawer and I closed the night before and I know I close and accepted properly! Under what kind of business, they do not offer,( beauty salon, spa, salon, cosmetology!) what's up with that!!!!

Response from ProSolutions Software

Hi Karlabeth, thanks so much for the great review! I'm going to have a representative reach out to you to see if we can determine just exactly what is going on with your specific situation and make sure you get any training you may need. - Prosolutions

CSP Barnes

Software We've Used for Over 10 Years

Reviewed 2018-08-10

I've been with this company for over 12 years of business and I haven't moved away for 3 reasons. The first is that the software can do so much that I don't even use everything it can do. The second is the support is really good. Like any software, it has problems but they have 99.9% of the time been there for me when I needed help and they even have Sat hours which is a plus. And the .1 where I didn't like what happened, they made changes to address this so kudos to them. The third reason is that I have looked at their competitors and as of yet haven't found any that could do what they do for us. So long as they keep this up, I figure we'll stay with their product.

Pros
It has the ability to handle multiple types of spa scenarios from membership and loyalty programs to packages, standing appointments. One of the best features it has is the ability to preprocess a client prior to and put the transaction on hold. We like the reporting and the confirmation functionality.

Cons
Online gift certificates could be smoother and the set number of users per subscription requires that I delete an old employee prior to being able to add a new one.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the review, CSP! We're working on a redesigned online store that will be out very soon. We think you'll love it!

Daniel Buonomo

Honest feedback

Reviewed 2019-01-25

We have been with Pro Solutions from 2003 and it has been a rocky road at times. There have been years of good support and bad support. The company has transitioned from a full purchased license to a small fee based support to an expensive based package. It now is based on number of operators and as our industry changes its difficult to constantly change within the operator parameters.

Pros
Access to the program from my PC at home allows looking at the schedule for the day, comforting to me that I know what my day’s activity is going to be. Also like that I don’t worry about the software being corrupted by being on my office pc

Cons
Not easy to learn features by a click of a button. Don’t know how to fix missed information from previous days. What to have a help answer by typing in the issue/problems in a question box at any time.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the great review, Daniel! We're happy you love the cloud as much as we do. We have tons of support help through our live chat feature, blog posts, how-to instructions, training videos, and live training classes to help with any questions you may have. Check out the Education tab of our website to learn more!

Michelle Somers

Works well

Reviewed 2019-01-25

As with any software, there are always pros and cons with any software. Each business has different needs so it helps to make sure that the software fits your individual needs.

Pros
We have had this software for 14 years. We like that it is continually updating and staying up with social media changes. Overall it has been a good fit for our practice. Their on line chat support is outstanding.

Cons
We would like to see an EMR feature and photography capability for our before and after photos. I would like to see more advanced marketing features and text messaging options.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the great review, Michelle! We're happy our support team is providing you with great service. We do have the ability to store photos in the client profile screen and our DARCI program may have the marketing and text features you're looking for. Feel free to chat with support or sign up for a free DARCI marketing class under the Education tab of our website to learn more!

Lisa Brown

Excellent Software

Reviewed 2018-08-02

It’s been great, I’ve been using this software for over 20 years with two different businesses. It has allowed me the flexibility & freedom to manage the numbers the way I see fit. I’ve had several other software companies try to woo me away but can’t see how A newly minted compant could so completely understand our business model.

Pros
I like the ease-of-use, all the functions and data mining that I’m able to do. I’m constantly looking for ways to better the business , being able to take a look at numbers and stats really helps that goal

Cons
There really aren’t any cons, the only thing I would like to suggest is a live person to chat with about technical support. I use on-line support often and sometimes it’s difficult to try to type my questions.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for your review, Lisa! We do provide unlimited, free telephone support during business hours. Call us at 800-710-3879 and press 2 for support!

Cathy Burr

Review from Beals office

Reviewed 2017-02-22

For the most part, the software is really good. The continuing problem that we keep having is when I go to print the closing report, occasionally it will print the day before, and then when I print it by going to "prior closings," it will show a negative over/under amount on the day's report. I have talked to ProSalon people numerous times, and they insist it is something that we are doing on our end. I can tell you it just sometimes does this. I have really watched it. So every time this happens, I have to call them and have them go in and change it. Other than that, everything is good. Thank you.

Pros
I like the ease of it. I like that when I do have the problem previously stated, I have a quick response from the software people, and they fix it very quickly.

Cons
I already stated that: that it occasionally shows a negative over/under amount, even when we do the exact same thing when closing.

Gillian Cairns

Review from Duncan Edward Salon

Very good

Pros
Love having our software in the cloud, love the online confirmation, love being able to blast emails out to our clients when we have cancellations or the odd slow day. POS.I have been using Prosolutions over 25 years and it just keeps getting better. And love the online chat too.

Cons
I wish when a new feature is added they let me know. Email templates and campaigns are old fashioned design. App design could be better And no Mac version

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the great review, Gillian! We're so happy ProSolutions works so well for you and your salon! We do send out newsletters periodically to let our clients know about updates, so make sure to check your spam folders. Also, our cloud version works with Macs except for the ability to process credit cards through the software. Feel free to chat with our support or sales teams on our website with any questions.

Cindy Cocke

Overall Happy Client

Reviewed 2018-08-03

We have been with ProSolutions from the beginning and it’s nice to have such an extensive software program that continues to evolve. Just like old friends!

Pros
The retail component is very beneficial for my spa. The reports that can be generated from the software are packed with information so that you can access areas that need improvements while pinpointing the areas that are successful.

Cons
Trouble shooting with customer service can be a challenge especially on the week-ends. It is on the pricy side. We have had issues with some Darci features in regards to implementation.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the review, Cindy! If you need help with your DARCI setup, you can sign up for one of our free live classes on our website under the "education" tab, or you can always contact support for any of your questions. We're here to help!

Anonymous

Tried others, this is my favorite!

Reviewed 2018-11-30

Wonderful! I would use it again and highly recommend it!

Pros
The ease of use of this software is unmatched! The reporting functionality by far beats any other software I have used. You can find a report for almost anything you are looking for! Other software comes close, but I've not found another one that can provide me with the numbers and information I really need like Prosolutions. And their customer service is wonderful!

Cons
There really aren't any cons! The only thing I can say is that visually it could be more updated, meaning it looks like an early Mac computer. I realize how ridiculous that sounds but if I'm searching for a con, that would be it. Otherwise it's wonderful!

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thank you so much for your review. This is what we strive for.

Joyce Marie Partise

ProSolutions Software makes record keeping easy!

Reviewed 2019-01-30

I do like to be able to run reports to see what services are the most popular. I also like seeing the amount of products I have sold per item. This tells me what is my most popular product. I have been very happy with the software.

Pros
I find having my client's skin care service and purchase history at my fingertips a huge asset! It enables me to be able to recommend additional treatments and new products easily.

Cons
I'm set up to send out birthday notifications but I believe they all go to Spam so my clients never acknowledge seeing the announcements with their birthday discounts.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the review, Joyce! We're happy our client history feature works so well for you. Our marketing emails are marked as safe like other marketing email systems, but we'd be happy to look into any spam issues you may be experiencing.

Meriem Ben

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Customer service is superb! They always our calls efficiently and resolve our issues without any problems.

Pros
It is easy to use and very efficient. I like that it offers Darci and other tools and strategies for marketing purposes.

Cons
The mobile app, it is always crashing and it is intended for our staff to be able to access their books easier, however it never seems to work the way it is intended, so our staff is not comfortable using it to book as they think it is not reliable.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the great review, Meriem! We're glad ProSolutions is easy for you to use and provides the marketing you need. If you are experiencing any issues with your mobile apps, feel free to chat with our support team or sign up for one of our free mobile app classes under the Education tab of our website!

Salon Software

Reviewed 2019-01-09

We had this software for over 12 years. It was very consistent and never had a problem with crashing or any glitches at all! Online booking and many other features make this software a go to for salons and spas.

Pros
Tech support is amazing. Many detailed reports can be generated and the ease of booking appointments is a plus.

Cons
With all of the reports there are some very important reports that you cannot do. A few bumps in the road over the years.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thank you for the great review! I wanted to make mention that on top of the over 300 pre-set reports that you can choose from, you also have the ability to generate your own personalized reports. Would you email support@prosolutionssoftware.com with that you're looking for so we can get you the necessary report? Thanks so much!!!

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

The best salon/spa software

Reviewed 2019-01-25

I've been using it for almost 20 years because of it's functions and customer support. I looked at and tried several different programs, but always went back to ProSolutions Software. One of the main reasons I rate this so high is customer support never makes you feel like your question is unimportant. They always make us feel like valued clients.

Pros
Ease of use, customer support is outstanding, features, expandable

Cons
I wish I knew how to utilize all of it's features

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thank you so much for the great review! We strive to make everyone feel important. If you'd like to learn more about our features, check out our free online classes at this link: prosolutionssoftware.com/course-sign-up

Zahid Nanji

ProSolutions friendly

Reviewed 2019-02-05

It works great as a booking and checkout software.

Pros
Like the cloud solution. dont have to worry about backups etc.

Cons
Wish it was a pure cloud solution not a remote desktop solution. Sometimes the software goes down on the weekends or evenings and support is hard to get. Wish the interface for online booking was much better designed. would be nice if the look and feel from my website could be utilized.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the review, Zahid! We are constantly improving our online and smartphone app design for better function and beauty. Check your inbox for our newsletter as our updates continue to roll out!

Robbi Boyer

ProSolutions Review

Reviewed 2018-08-02

What I like about this company is that the owners are involved and actually talk to clients.

Pros
Once we learned how to use it, it was no hard to run day to day. It keeps track of a lot of info so that is good for marketing.

Cons
It was a little hard to learn all the features. We still don't use everything.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for your review, Robbi! We'd love to help you setup and use all of our great features. You can sign up for any one of our free, live online classes by clicking the "education" tab on our website, or you can chat with us anytime by clicking the support button in your software. We're here to help!

Julene Franz

Have Been Using ProSolutions for over 20 years

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Overall I have been happy with ProSolutions software. I would recommend it to other salon owners.

Pros
I have been using Prosalon for over 20 years, so clearly it works well for me. Scheduling is what I find most useful. It has many features to customize appointments - their times, etc. The reports are easy to use as well.

Cons
My software keeps dropping off of my computer and I have to continually log in.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for your review, Julene. Sorry to hear about your login frustration, that shouldn't be happening. We'll have a support member reach out to you to diagnose the issue!

Cindi Arendale

User since 1996

Reviewed 2018-08-06

We live the new app and being able to look at our schedule and book appointments away from the shop. Extensive customer history and client noted are easily available.

Pros
I love the ease of use and the new app available

Cons
We have a few kinks with the text portion that can’t seem to be worked out. A few clients did not receive our texts and evidently they can’t fix it

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thank you so much for the kind review, Cindi. We recently put you on the new updated texting service and a representative will contact you shortly to make sure you are properly setup. This should resolve any outstanding issues you may have.

Danielle MacKenzie

Prosolutions is very user friendly and has tons of great features.

Reviewed 2018-07-24

It's easy to use, great online or phone support, lots of features.

Pros
I like that it keeps track of who sold products and did services last for each client. When you are paying your staff straight commission it really helps.

Cons
I wish the payroll feature was more comprehensive. The last program I used calculated the payroll for me, including all the deductions, after I put in the commission parameters

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for your review, Danielle! We'll give your suggestions to our development team :)

Denise Salhany

Reviewed 2019-02-01

They help me with all my needs. Inventory is easy. The software keeps up with all the book work (my biggest dislike) and I can be a great hairstylist. I can give more of me to my clients without the headaches

Pros
Customer support is fabulous. They have all my needs covered

Cons
It is not as easy to use on my iPad. That is the only negative I have.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the great review, Denise! We're happy our customer support is giving you great service! Our new browser based release is coming soon, which should hopefully make your iPad easier to use.

Dana Powell

overall good; I like flexibility of software.

Reviewed 2017-08-17

Pros
client info management, graphic support , tech support, reports--including tech supports willingness to write code for customized reports, tools to increase sales, retention, PS's commitment to evolving software.

Cons
IS frequently buggy and I find out by happenstance, which makes me concerned about the accuracy of some aspects of the software and makes me feel uncomfortable about what other problems may be occurring that PS and/or myself are not catching.

Robert Duff

I like the live chat and automatic assistance with any problems that arrives

Reviewed 2017-08-25

Sales and tax reports from keeping track of all sales and inventory along keeping track of employee hours and schedules.

Pros
Online Chat to assist with any situation. And able to logon to show you what to do if needed. Free Web training with Web live teacher from classes to set up software to training your employees on every part of the software like booking and sales. All in one software allows for inventory control, booking of appointments, sales and payroll along with every type of reports you could need. Able to set up Gift Cards and phone apps.

Cons
Slow resolutions on adapting software to meet our company needs. Employees say it takes a little bit too involved to book a client and complete a simple sale, especially when just learning the system or when you have several clients to check in.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for your review, Robert! We're glad our support team has been so responsive for you! Sorry to hear you're having some difficulty learning how to use the system, we take pride in making our point-of-sale and appointment screen easy to use for beginners. We do offer free, live classes every week that can get your staff up to speed in no time, simply click the "education" tab on our website to sign up!

Bonnie James

Very easy to understand, outstanding technical support. Offers easy, learning video's

Reviewed 2017-08-16

Pros
Transcend is the most up to date software for a Salon and spa to use; from inventory control to marketing . I have used this program for more than 20 years and am very pleased. You can call or chat with technical support and they just walk me through any of my needs. I love this program!

Cons
At the present time the program doesn't offer the cloud feature with quick books however, it's been told we have a future date for this action.

Lizette Kevorkian

Software is great; excellent for Spa and Salon Use, great customer service and price points!

Reviewed 2017-08-17

Reports, Analytics, Management, Inventory for Retail and Back Bar products, Sale Management

Pros
Love the features and functionality, its endless! From managing reports, operators, client profiles, membership programs, this software has it all. We LOVE the new Cloud feature, waiting on the Paired APP artwork and cant wait to get started with that!

Cons
The way the email blasts are set up. And not enough marketing templates to use for "spa" or "salon".

Tara Lieberher

Overall the best software out there.

Reviewed 2017-08-15

Pros
The customer support. They are so knowledgeable and are always there to help when I need them. The wait time is never a problem!

Cons
I am switching to the cloud version so the only thing was Darci, who emails the appointments at the end of the night, would sometimes be turned off if our computer had to do an update. So once in awhile I would have to drive over to turn her back on if my employees didn't receive their schedule.