QuickBooks Point of Sale Reviews

QuickBooks Point of Sale

Point of sale software for single and multi-store businesses

QuickBooks Point of Sale

Review Summary

Pros

Sales are a breeze and pulling reports is very easy with the improved user interface. The cloud-centric features are very nice too, offering seamless integration across devices and platforms.

Michael D.

The product is easy to use very very user friendly and it really convinient good over all point of sale.

John M.

A great company, with solid reputation, with a good name brand product.

Ray D.

Cons

We never had this problem with Microsoft Point of Sale. Fourth, and worst, QuickBooks drops transactions and changes the quantities of items in inventory.

Michael S.

Customer support is terrible if you finally get someone, many times they made changes that ended up affecting the operations in a negative way.

Sylvia R.

Our experience was so horrendous that QuickBooks refunded the entire amount we had paid for their product after hearing about what we had to endure.

Jennifer B.

My swiss army knife

Its my go to book keeping tool I have used it I "Trust" it and would highly recommend it to any business no matter the industry or size .

Pros

Easy to understand so its easy to train new users I have used this software in my construction business and a store manager it easily helps me manage multiple pos devices both in store and in the field making tax forms and reports quick and easy to create .

Cons

There is a learning curve for some uses of the software

We're proud to be backing Pace Products inc, Christopher. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely review with us, as it's wonderful to hear that you find the program so easy to use. I want to ensure you have all of the resources you need to help those you train get past the learning curve that is usually associated with a new program. For this reason, I encourage you to check out the QuickBooks...

Best and Easiest POS

We use QuickBooks point-of-sale at work every day. It holds our inventory of over 2 million items. It’s rugged, and never let you down. Finding mistakes that your employees made is super easy, and easy to rectify. Whether you are computer savvy, or just using a computer for the first time, You’ll be able to use QuickBooks point-of-sale you’ll be able to use QuickBooks point-of-sale

Pros

I love how this point of sale is fully customizable to the customers needs. It offers everything you could want in a point of sale system. From sale orders to layaways, with QuickBooks point-of-sale you’ll be ready to sell within hours of super simple setup.

Cons

QuickBooks point-of-sale was quite costly to purchase all at once. But you only have to pay once.

An okay system for PC but no compatibility with mobile technology and prone to dumping data

I used Quick-books for about a year and while it was an easy system to use on the PC, I found my business needs were better met by moving to a POS system that was mobile friendly. Quick-books has a very easy to use the system--items are tracked with a generated barcode and the system lists when the item was brought in when it was purchased last, and by whom it was purchased. I appreciated the compatibility...

Pros

Very easy to use. It generates bar codes to corresponding with individual or grouped items and then displays the price, merchandiser, and all vital information in the same place for me to find. I liked to be able to track when, where, and by whom an item was brought in and then sold.

Cons

Quick-Books was prone to glitches and to dumping, data on inventory entered. I lost over 2,000 records on new merchandise brought in for our annual holiday sale. Overnight there was no record I had ever entered, sold, or updated anything over a two-week period, the most pivotal two-week period of our year. Luckily my accountant and I had already paid the artists for their sold works, but it took hours...

Best for retail not service

For retail I find its great. its easy to use to enter the items we need and get through the sale

Pros

For the retail side of the business its great for tracking inventory and sales. Ease of set was great.

Cons

We provide a lot of services and don't want to have to run information through two systems. For services this is not great. The reports don't give the right information and the information doesn't transfer to Quickbooks accounting software to provide the information as well. We can't add classes and are struggling with running invoices. This could also be in part of lack of understanding how the systems work.

D cent POS software for the money but definitely could be better.

It runs my business

Pros

Seamless integration with Quickbooks and fairly simple setup as well as fairly inexpensive software are the best features.

Cons

Poor search features in make a sale and goofy differences between make a sale and sales order screens make it obvious that this is somewhat of an afterthought for QuickBooks.

Happy Tuesday, Weldon. We love hearing about how we can improve the product, and interface suggestions are always very much appreciated. I'd be glad to pass your feedback along to the engineers directly, as they frequently review customer feedback when developing new features/enhancements. When you get a bit of downtime, please send your ideas to me in an email (QBCares@Intuit.com). I'll forward them...

Quickbooks Support is Awful. Pick something else even if upfront cost is higher ( Used for 15 years

We've used Quickbooks POS and Desktop for 15 years. We just recently decided to integrate credit card processing. Our "sales rep" flat out lied about the features. Once he received our payment, he would not return calls or emails. Swell! We've upgraded to the new version 19. This process has been simply AWFUL. I have no less that 15 "case numbers". Even had our files sent to a technician. No resolution!...

Pros

Quickbooks offers one stop shopping that initially appealed to me. We use Point of Sate along with integrating into the Desktop for accounting.

Cons

Support is worse than non existent. Integration is limited. Features promised are proprietary and more limited that promised.

Lovin it

I used to do my inventory every Sunday evening. It would take me 5 to 7 hours a week. Now its done in minutes with QBPOS. We use Individual Point of Sale out of PA to purchase, and maintain our POS systems.

Pros

This software has given me abilities that other camping resorts envy. Every time I tell other campground owners how QB POS can trend, suggest orders, track inventory, and that it has endless reports that integrates right into Quick books, they are floored.

Cons

We really dont have any dislikes with the software. It performs well and runs reliably. We are on our second generation of hardware, and the software is stable and fast.

QB Point of Sale Review

DIdn't require to be online as some other versions of a POS system do require. This is a nice feature as it is a pay one time not monthly.

Pros

Easy to adapt has two different screen settings that make it easy depending on your type of retail business that allows it easy to understand. If you are not a computer expert you can still feel smart using the POS software.

Cons

Price and if you do need to call for help, since it is a QB product support time is usually longer than you want. The support call time can be a problem if you have an issue with the POS system during normal operational hours.

Great POS system for small business

Pros

I bought the simple version of Quickbooks POS and it had great features for an entry business. No limits on inventory list and great tool for customer loyalty rewarding. For being a simple version, this brings a lot of handy tools to track inventory and awesome sales report.

Cons

Very laggy when filled inventory list with 1000+ items. Also, the online feature needed to be on the expensive version, so it didn't offer it like other POS systems do without upgrading.

POS enabled us to add a retail location to our distribution business, minimal time spent configuring

The intergration with QB Financials

Pros

Ease of setup and intetgration into our QB Enterprise software. We got system setup in under an hour and was connected to QB Finance and ringing up customers with a hour and a half.

Cons

How inventory goes into QB Financial but we developed a work around. Inventory needs to be able to use QB Finance as the main record for inventory

Great tool for business, has some irritating features.

Pros

This software can handle TONS of inventory. We have used the software for over 12 years, and now have over 15000 unique items. Each one is able to track purchasing history, selling history, even details down to the name of the customer who bought this item in march of 2005, what he paid, and what else he bought on the same ticket! We use it a lot for warranty issues, as we're able to see if someone truly bought an item from us, or if they bought it online, and are just trying to get us to fix it for free. Super useful!

Cons

Once you start, you cant stop... Well, that's probably true of any POS system. You end up with too much data to lose, so I couldn't change now even if I wanted to, not that I do. The real problem with being stuck is that you have to pay up for it. Every year, they stop supporting the version from 3 years back. I.e., in 2018 they stop supporting the 2015 version, in '19 they will stop suporting '16,...

QuickBooks POS - not good for Retail, but anything else maybe

I generally liked the QB POS software and what it did for us, ... but we grew out of this. Ideally this would be great for a small business that had fixed assets that didn't change and if the SBO didn't want to pour out too much money for a POS.

Pros

1) They release a new product upgrade every other year so there is no need to update your computer software every year. The upgrades are not necessary, but upgrades to provide more features. 2) Everything is backed up to a single database file on the computer; so in the event of a computer crash as long as you're backing up the QBPOS db, you can re-install the software, re-point the db file and get going again. 3) It's easy to use and navigate. 4) Does not require internet connection if the internet goes down 5) Great reports 6) A great company, with solid reputation, with a good name brand product

Cons

1) Customer support is great, but you have to pay for it. I learned to reach out to 3rd party companies for Support. that seemed more eager and 2) Does not integrate with an online store presence. For our online store each time someone purchased something online we had to update our instore inventory; and vica-versa. 3) The software upgrade is a little pricey for 1 upgrade. I remember it was affordable...

Gotta Love It

QB Pos has really helped give us control over our retail operations. Couldn't live without now.

Pros

This software is full-featured and really does a great job of keeping track of everything going on in your store. From inventory to sales, the information is there and easy to access.

Cons

It can be a little tough to get information out in the form I want. Overall the reporting is great but I sometimes like to look at details that are cumbersome to get to.

Hi, Kevin. Knowing how helpful the product has been to keep up with your data makes our day. You can continue to count on us to have your back for years to come! To learn more about customizing reports, we recommend checking out this Community article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/run-reports/customize-your-financial-reports/00/186382 Cheering you to continued success. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

For Small & Medium size organisation, its my best experience to opt Quickbooks POS .

Pros

Power full integration in all aspect like if you want to search in any info you have, name of product, UPC, Alternate lookup, serial number, department name, item description, attribute, vender name, mean all possible link are integrated for better search. Add product, customer, vender, department, are very easy as 123. i.e., if you are adding any new product in this process you can add vender, department,...

Cons

price is little bit higher than others. in my opinion and my experience there is no any other problem in quickbook pos.

Quickbooks POS has been helpful for organizing my small business

Pros

This product has allowed me to be more organized with my small business. I am able to keep track of my customers and the orders that they place. Also, my inventory is neatly organized and allows me to see exactly what items I have in stock and what items I need to order. I particularly like the "quick find" search option which I can use to quickly search for a specific item/client/or receipt. This option also searches through item descriptions which allows me to find exactly what I'm looking for with a few keywords. By far though, I really like how well and organized my previous sales are presented to me. I am able to see how my business is doing through various methods such as a pie chart or a graph, and using my own parameters to analyze my sales.

Cons

It does take a bit of a learning curve to fully grasp all that this POS system has to offer. It does have a tutorial and video guide to walk you step by step through all the features but you need to dedicate quite a bit of time just to learn everything. There are a lot options and a lot of ways to do each part of the POS system such as "make a sale", so it can take a while to figure out which method works best for you. Once you have learned everything, it takes a bit of practice in order to be able to do a function quickly enough to not keep clients waiting.

I feel like less competent than a monkey in a space rocket with this tool - NEED TRAINING!!

Pros

It seems that the ability to really do ANYthing with the software is there, yet without the proper time and training one can use it only to about 10% of its potential. That said, the 10% is better than the old cash register and this has been a very useful tool for getting our business's inventory managed and sales organized.

Cons

This is an incredibly complex system that ought to come along with intensive (and free of cost) training. This is not an intuitive software and there are just so many ins and outs and ups and downs that I learn something new everytime I poke around a bit and think: "shoot, I wish I would have known about that three years ago when I got this thing!!!"

Minimum expectations not met with QuickBooks POS 18.0

Please save yourself some time/money/stress and a boatload of trouble - DO NOT USE QuickBooksPOS - go with Square, or write your own software. QuickBooks POS is a mess.

Pros

I thought it would be easily interfaced with QuickBooks Desktop. I thought it would track inventory and work well with my small business. I thought it would streamline inventory check in and pricing, and sales tax collection. I was wrong.

Cons

Literally rife with software quirks. The tax collection turns itself off at will - and the "help" line tells you it's because your software is "corrupt" - which is amazing since it's brand new, and ONLY they have been in it. It was not the "online" software, so how can it be corrupt? Be aware that the system will NOT be up and running efficiently - ever....so when they start charging you by the...

QuickBooks Pro Point of Sale Version 12

I've used QuickBooks Pro in my retail liquor store for about fourteen months. I don't like it, for four main reasons: First, if I'm making a sale and I notice the price of the product or the on-hand quantity is wrong the software won't allow me to make corrections from the "Make a Sale" screen. It will allow me to change the price, but the change will show up on the receipt as a "discount," and...

Pros

Poor as it is, it does keep working. It hasn't crashed yet.

Cons

See review

Easy to use, but not easy to upgrade

Pros

Ease of use. It was simple to teach employees how to use the register side of it. It synchronized easily to quickbooks financial once everything was mapped.

Cons

I could not upgrade past windows 7 on the machines that ran this product. It required I have a machine set up as a server. It cost me pretty much the full price of the product to add another register, or back end user. In order to update the product you had to buy it outright again. There was next to no updating of the product. I bought version 10 back in January of 2011 and until I stopped using...

We have used QB POS Multi store for a couple years.

Pros

Ease of ringing up customers. It's very simple to start ringing people up. We didn't have to train our staff more than a couple minutes.

Cons

1. Tech support is horrible. There is a reason this is number one!!!!!! 2. If you have more than one computer at a location there are issues if you don't have a wired internet which brought us down for hours and hours and hours over weeks without anyone diagnosing this to be the issue. Customer service just kept logging in and changing the IP address without explaining what they were doing. I finally...

Functional not pretty, gets the job done

Overall gets the job done.

Pros

Has customization - we have a quick pick category for most commonly bought items. Has useful features like reports, storing customer info, purchase orders.

Cons

It isn't very user friendly - have to x out of windows to get back to selling. User interface is ugly and in general a bit clunky. Could be user error... but nothing seems to scan once entered.

Thanks for taking the time out to leave us your honest review. While I'm glad the customization options have lent a lot to the functionality you enjoy, I want to make sure you can easily navigate the software. The Resource Center is a awesome outlet in that aspect, and there's one made for POS at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/point-of-sale/customer-resource-center/. You'll find a ton of tutorial and...

POS for our small retail shop

Pros

We have used this product since the beginning and find it easy to use and integrating it into our books makes life simple.

Cons

Sometimes was a challenge to learn, but an overall great product.

Thanks for the taking the time to review. While I'm confident you're a pro by now, I know just where you can go should you have questions down the road. Since we realize learning any new software can be a challenge, we've created a ton of resources, like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) to help ease the learning curve. This multi-function space is an awesome 24/7 outlet where you can chat with QuickBooks reps or explore hundreds of troubleshooting/how-to tutorials. Check it out anytime, and have a good one! Grant, The QuickBooks Team

QB POS great pos, horrid support, pricing that keeps wanting more

Pros

many of the reports and report functions are great, easy to use, sensible setup. easy to use on the register as well as from the back end.

Cons

customer support is terrible if you finally get someone, many times they made changes that ended up affecting the operations in a negative way. When, support was elevated to a higher level, many times you would never hear back from anyone. You don't just buy your license and that's it, they come out with upgrades etc. and many require you buying the newer licenses to be able to continue to function. Price is prohibitive, having to buy new licenses every 14-18 months.

Best in combination with Quickbooks accounting software

Overall, this is a decent POS software. I like that it talks to QuickBooks accounting software and manages inventory. Invest in a bar code scanner and receipt printer. Plug and play - easy to get them to work with the POS software. A good software for medium skill level users if you want more depth than a standard POS like Square.

Pros

Quickbooks POS is a good software to use in combination with the Quickbooks accounting software. It syncs your inventory, tracks your purchase orders, invoices, bills and checks. You can hook up a bar code scanner for ease of use and have a portable bar code scanner for inventory.

Cons

I'm sure there's better POS software out there but I'm used to Quickbooks and it seemed fairly easy to use. The interface could be better looking. It's kind of dated and a little complicated to look at and find what you need. The sync with the accounting software takes a while. You may have to find 5 minutes to do something else while waiting for it to sync.

Very basic and easy to use for small companies. Not good for large or high volume stores.

Pros

Very easy to use, easy to train new people. Easy for people who are not experienced on cash registers or computers.

Cons

Not easy to keep track of sales by item. Not easy to look up items. Not easy to research prices by item.

Hello, Janeen. Empowering you with the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our top priority. It's great to hear this has been achieved for you! We recommend browsing the Community for tips and tricks on tracking sales and searching for items and prices. Here, you'll find a library of articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for stopping by to leave a review. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team