QuickBooks Point of Sale Reviews

QuickBooks Point of Sale

Point of sale software for single and multi-store businesses

QuickBooks Point of Sale

Very basic and easy to use for small companies. Not good for large or high volume stores.

Pros

Very easy to use, easy to train new people. Easy for people who are not experienced on cash registers or computers.

Cons

Not easy to keep track of sales by item. Not easy to look up items. Not easy to research prices by item.

Hello, Janeen. Empowering you with the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our top priority. It's great to hear this has been achieved for you! We recommend browsing the Community for tips and tricks on tracking sales and searching for items and prices. Here, you'll find a library of articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for stopping by to leave a review. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Solid product for the small shop, don't expect it to grow with you.

This is a great way to go from no point of sale to a solid tool that will serve the small shop. There is very little in the way of customization, or integration that can be done with this product, don't expect to use it with other software easily.

Pros

Reporting features are excellent At-register experience is good Integration with Quickbooks is seamless

Cons

Integration with outside software such as e-commerce is poor Gift card options are unnecessarily limited, frustrating, and expensive Customer support leaves a lot to be desired

Good software for retail sales but not as strong for food and drink sales

Inventory management and sales transaction and history. Nice customer reward program based on sales.

Pros

Good inventory managment tied to sales. Easy to use and train. Nice variety of sales reports and profitablity.

Cons

Inability to process another transaction while waiting for a customer to provide tip info eg must complete sale including tip amount before doing anything else (taking an order, printing another receipt for tip inclusion). Cannot process transaction if the internet is down.

Best in its league.

I have been able to overcome every possible problem, from the way I see it every problem about QuickBooks has a solution.

Pros

Well as a professional and software developer, I have experienced many POS applications in my career but Quickbooks seems to be the best and easiest solution for me. I have recommended to my clients, they use it and personally I support them in case of any issue what so ever. I can boldly say for the last 7 years, quickbooks still stands out.

Cons

It's OK and can be worked

We are currently running Quckbooks 2008 and I do not know if newer versions of Quickbooks have improved some of the current issues

Pros

Sort of intuitive to USE for the cashier. If set up correctly much can autofill at the time of sale.

Cons

Can be difficult to manage in regard to mapping for uploading of information to Quickbooks financial. Some reporting can be difficult and not customizable as much I would be beneficial. We tend to export and then manipulate the data in an office document.

Once the only game in town

Once, one of the only games in POS. town, Intuit now has robust competition. We are seriously looking into a cloud based alternative for our store. Having said that, I will say that my most recent call to customer service was one of the best I have ever had. Maybe they are feeling some heat from the competition.

Pros

Very versatile, perhaps to a fault at times. Quite easy to learn at least initially. Integration with QuickBooks.

Cons

UI needs a serious updating. Many fine features on the software are not immediately apparent or easily accessible. This is at least partly due to the somewhat outdated and clumsy interface. We have had the desktop based version of this POS since 2003 and have had a tenuous and oftentimes rocky relationship with customer service and support. Intuit is such an enormous company that one feels like an unimportant cog in the wheel when trying to fix a problem.

Great software for our business needs.

Pros

It is a great software tools to not only track our business finances, but also our customers, vendors, and employees easily on 1 site.

Cons

Only 1 user can work the program at a time and then the file must be backed up each time for another use to log in. We tried the online version and did not like it so when we went back to the desktop program 5 months later, we had to back track months of data.

Quickbooks POS customer support is spectacular.

Overall the software is great! The customer service makes up for the lack of explaining certain things during installation. A service rep spent hours on the phone helping repair the problem. She was wonderful. The absolute best customer service I've ever used!

Pros

Customer support from Quickbooks POS is by far my favorite thing about this software! Very helpful.

Cons

Functionality of this product was a bit hard to work out. Especially in the install process when installing Quickbooks POS Server. Explaining the server and client sides of the software better during installation process would.

Too many crashes

Pros

I liked the reports that were set up in the system. I was able to track my business easily with little effort. It was quite easy to learn to operate.

Cons

It got to the point that we couldn't trust the inventory numbers anymore. It was spitting out numbers that were questionable based on given facts. We changed to a web based program so we could access it from anywhere.

Has Some Nice Features, But Too Many Glitches

Support is awful.

Pros

The reports are spot on and a great time saver.

Cons

I was not given a heads up that you have use Intuit's credit card services. Intuit is much higher than many other credit card providers. Also for the first 6 months I owned this program on occasion the software would malfunction and charge the last customer for the new customer's order.

Slow and not always intuitive but it works for many different functions

Pros

Great for tracking inventory and customers, great for sales orders and a services oriented business.

Cons

It is slow in a fast paced retail environment. Getting all the information is pretty slow going and not always intuitive for the new cashiers and many members of staff working in a fast paced store.

Quickbooks POS

Pros

Simple to use, self explanatory, Easy set up- easy to talk an employee through over the phone if they need to use a new part of the system

Cons

It would help if there was a report that showed busy times of day, how many invoices per hour, -is good for staffing purposes and when looking at hourly changes-my old system had this and we used it quite alot

Robust but very clunky

QuickBooks POS was our original product for inventory and sales in our retail store. While it is robust and simplifies many aspects of accounting, the overall feel and look were just not conducive to everyday business operations.

Pros

The integration between QuickBooks POS and QuickBooks itself is, as one should expect, outstanding! Both programs work exceptionally well together and make accounting very streamlined.

Cons

The user interface is very "clunky," meaning that it is sometimes difficult to navigate. For newer users, the visual presentation is overwhelming and has a rather uncomfortable feel to it.

Hi there, Kevin. Thank you for sharing your review with us. It's awesome to know integrating the Point of Sale system with QuickBooks has been simple and helpful. You can rest easy knowing all of your data is organized in one space. We want to make sure you have the resources you need to easily navigate your account. The Community is a great place to start. Here, you'll find a variety of articles and advice from other users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Wishing you continued success. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Quickbooks POS

Pros

Very intuitive program. Lots of bells and whistles for the money. Easy to learn, plenty of reports and employee time tracking.

Cons

You pretty much have to use their merchant services. If you choose to use a third party, you will have to manually enter credit/debit sales transactions into another terminal. This leads to a double entry for these types of sales and mistakes happening. You have to pay for support, either monthly or very costly by the incident. Upgrading can be costly and if you don't upgrade, your version will not even be supported at some point.

Amazing software for small businesses!

Pros

Quickbooks POS is very user friendly - it is not a complicated point of sale software that requires much thought. Easy to train a new retail sales associate on, which is great.

Cons

There can be occasional glitches we can be problematic when running credit cards or taking payments.

QB POS is worth a try

Pros

QuickBooks POS is a very affordable system. You get a lot of bang for your buck. Excellent at tracking inventory. QuickBooks tech support cannot be beat.

Cons

Reports are clunky and hard to navigate. The POS system does not connect with QuickBooks desktop as well as it should.

Efficient for a small business

Pros

Has all the features needed for my business. It's easy to use. Excellent quality for its price point.

Cons

Need to be a faster way of looking up info. I have lots of products and we have to look thru the whole list even tho it is in order to find what we need. Can be very frustrating.

the product and the service are always dependable!

great customer service!

Pros

The POS is very easy to use and navigate. Even my employees who are not super computer literate can easily use it will little to no assistance.

Cons

I would like for upgrades to be more seamless, especially if there is a cost associated with the upgrade.

Easy Use

Pros

Very Easy to use and love that I can export to excel. Reports are usually easy to use. I like that open invoices are lined up and clumped together

Cons

I dont like that every time I open QB it doesn't go to home page, I have to close out of everything I worked on

Prepare for lots of frustration, speaking to the continent of India and very little that makes sense

I'm a Proadvisor so I know a little. But nothing is helpful; create Custom Forms is a joke. Call India help desk, more time spent on nothing. It takes a lot of time, most spent on really bad documentation, but good once it's done.

Pros

Most small business accounts use QuickBooks

Cons

It's so badly prepared, the service is worthless, the documentation - both online and written, awful, and they make what should be easy, very difficult.

great product

makes the use of inventory easy to use

Pros

Its very user friendly I have employees that can breeze through it and it makes their life simpler.

Cons

Support help is not very good. Whe you call they wont help you right away. I never get anyone that speaks english well enough

Using outdated version.

looking possibly to upgrade to V18.

Pros

Using Quickbooks Accounting, so integrates well. Feels a lot like Quickbooks Accounting so is easy to use.

Cons

We have V12, which is over five years old, and we could not get any help desk support for this older version.

Good for medium-sized companies with plenty of inventory

We've used this POS system for about 5 years now. It works great if you also are using Quickbooks as your accounting software.

Pros

Easy to Use Good Customer Service department Interactive

Cons

Expensive Not Ideal for small businesses Requires many accessories

Very easy to learn and use

Pros

The ease to learn and how easy it is to customize reports for whatever you need it for. Tracking payments and entering notes is a great function!

Cons

I guess my only con would be emailing through QuickBooks doesn't have our company logo or signatures.

I am happy , i like it

Pros

Very easy operations, daily reports and Inventory maintenance, very easy to operate Price look up and price change is easy. This product is really good and affordable, I already have 3 stores, I am using same Product for My all business.