QuickBooks Point of Sale Reviews

QuickBooks Point of Sale

Point of sale software for single and multi-store businesses

QuickBooks Point of Sale

Ample features and easy navigation

Pros

I ended up saving thousands a year when I moved to Quickbooks POS and adding extra steps at the checkout.

Cons

Customer service is a little pricy and updates will also be an extra cost. Suggest to add your own customized fields.

Affordable retail software

Pros

one best thing i can say is it is very much affordable. and one of the best retail software to process invoices.

Cons

It is a challenge when we have to enter discounts and breaks in the system to calculate arithmetical values.

Pros

The product is easy to use very very user friendly and it really convinient good over all point of sale

Cons

Its not free there are some options that needs to be added but there is not alot of it i love this app

Intuit Quickbooks

Pros

Very easy use and functional. Clear, simple instructions. Allowed for quick and efficient invoice processing.

Cons

Basic understanding of Finance software helpful. No built-in project feature to allow for tracking.

QuickBooks

We are selling things.

Pros

It's ease of use for normal operations, it's really easy to make a sale on.

Cons

It does have a lot of menus when doing tasks specific to my workplace, such as every year when we have to make purchases on the behalf of 100 different people, so there's no way to automate that, we have to do it one at a time.

Customer Service Nightmare

Pros

We had hoped it would work with our QuickBooks accounting program, but that wasn't as easy as we had been told.

Cons

The customer service is outsourced and their reps have very little grasp of the English language. Our experience was so horrendous that QuickBooks refunded the entire amount we had paid for their product after hearing about what we had to endure.

Hi, Jennifer. Thanks for sharing your review. It's discouraging to hear you had a less than ideal interaction. We're glad to hear you were able to get a refund. It's our hope that you'll give us another chance and continue to use the system. If you ever need a helping hand, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find a variety of articles and helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Wishing you all the best. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

I was able to self teach myself a lot of this

More reporting features

Pros

I like that it is a QB product and that it is a company that I am comfortable teaching myself most of the processes using the guess and check method

Cons

I do not the fact that it is directly linked to the accounting software for the fact that if there is a mistake made at the POS it is posted immediately.

Quickbooks POS

I would suggest that you make this software more integratable to other financial software

Pros

It's easy to use especially for those who are new to point of sale software. Support many POS hardware such as cashdrawers, printers and bar code readers

Cons

You cannot fully customize provided user interface. Custom functions cannot be added, you can only propose and wait for next release

Not good for small business!!!

It is just not the best for smaller businesses especially since every few years they tell you you have to pay to continue using but OH! they're giving us a 50% discount for being customers already. Sorely disappointed in the position they have pushed us into. The cost is not a small sum for small businesses.

Pros

Yea it has a lot of features, but whether you use them or not you are paying for them. Quickbooks has been great for our business besides the crazy charges they demand.

Cons

Being forced to pay every couple years for the same service just because they "fixed" a few things. That is not how to treat loyal customers

We love Quickbooks POS

We have been using Quickbooks POS since 2012, and are very happy with the product.

Pros

Very user-friendly, straightforward. Syncs seamlessly with Quickbooks. Complete customization of receipts, item list, sales screens, etc. Allows for receipts to be held and notes to be stored along with the held receipt for instances when the internet is down.

Cons

Sales take a couple of steps if you do not have a touchscreen. Combined inventory across all stores as a whole is not an option, and if merchandise is moved between stores, a transfer slip must be created within the software (leaves room for human error).

OK for the average store

Needs to have better CC processing rates and website shopping cart integration.

Pros

Easy to use, however it is not reliable. Easy to train employees how to use. automatically ties in to QB financial

Cons

Crashed often or locked up. Data went missing. Some reports were useless. No flag for items that are on sales orders when received. Could not combine multiple orders into one transaction.

Easy to use!

Pros

This system is not complicated at all. Set up is a breeze. Very thorough directions. If you're not too tech savy, this isn't a headache at all.

Cons

So far so good! There's not much I can find wrong as yet. I use this for one of my businesses and it's a breeze.

Amazing software

Pros

Very easy and understandable software that i would reccomend for any type of business . Very user friendly

Cons

Quickbooks POS is an easy to use solutions for selling goods in a store.

Pros

Easily integratable with Quickbooks accounting hence making accounting seamless. It works well in selling of goods and services. Supports tracking of inventory hence easy to know how your business is doing.

Cons

Not readily intergratabe with mobile payment solutions in Kenya For small shops the price is a bit high.

POS is a POS

Painful

Pros

Absolutely nothing. It is overpriced and under featured. It does not work as advertised.

Cons

It does not function as advertised. Intuit doesn't listen to customer complaints, calls, emails, feedback via the app. It is like talking to the wall. They do not release patches or fixes, ever. Multi-store is absolutely terrible. Like who is going to upload and download files nightly between stores? What century is this? Come on Intuit, fix this POS.

Can grow with your company

Pros

Quickbooks has allowed me to balance my books and keep track of payments with my side business. I no longer have to worry about things falling through the cracks. The customer service is excellent, but hardly even needed as the software is so easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes the shortcuts are not obvious, so I end up entering wrong numbers in wrong places. It is a little too quick for me.

WORST SUPPORT IN THE HISTORY OF BUSINESS

If there was less there was less than one star for customer support I would give it that. I was down an entire week! And they didn't even care. You can't contact anybody that is of any help. I now have sales up and running but my item list and inventory list can't be tracked. This is the worst company on the face of the planet run away!!!

Pros

There are some nice inventory management features but other than that it is crap!

Cons

EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE especially customer service

Great for on the go Sales

I really like QB POS. It has been with us for several years and I wouldn't change to any other product.

Pros

I can use this product on my laptop when we go to a conference and sell on the floor. My items are bagged and bar coded to scan right into POS. I can set it for different states sales tax and set up specialty pricing.

Cons

I can't run a report with out sales tax and it doesn't always download into my QB's, so I have to manually enter my sales from when I was selling on the road.

Quickbooks POS review

Pros

It's great for run of the mill retail. Easy to use for most transactions.

Cons

Doesn't allow for quoting without adjusting inventory. Needs more options for retailers that manufacture.

Quickbooks pos

Great in general but not if you need to do things like split commission or appraisals.

Pros

Very easy interface and quick to use. User friendly. Integrated credit card usage and easily connects to excel, our tag printer and our scanner.

Cons

Keep Your Books in Order!

Pros

Quickbooks is full of all the features you need to keep your books in order. It syncs with almost all major PSA softwares, which is vital in this day and age.

Cons

The setup time and learning curve is high. You will run into some problems from time to time, so be prepared to workout small issues that might arise.

Good leads on software for business

Pros

Quickbooks is a proven product. Integrates with our Quickbooks.

Cons

Not flexible enough as we have 2 stores, sales and service. It does not handle the outside service techs well enough.

QB POS REVIEW

Pros

It is easy to use. Great reporting. Great Support

Cons

Cost averaging, cannot make sub departments, communication issues with support

Dated POS

Pros

Quickbooks generates their own SKU's, and holds alot of information. You are also able to do alot of customization.

Cons

Quickbooks doesn't integrate with Shopify, and it does a horrible job of keeping up with inventory. So many glitches! Have to restart the software daily..

Do not use do not recommend

Pretty terrible , Will be moving to a different pos as soon as we can. Support is non existent

Pros

None No tech support and after you wait for an hour they don’t speak English and hang up on you

Cons

Clunky interface, having to wait over an hour for tech support and then having them hang up on you, having chargebacks and not being able to dispute them even though we had all the information for the card and the owners signature.