Real-Time Labor Guide

Auto repair software for managing labor costs

Real-Time Labor Guide Reviews

Pros

Overall this is a fantastic product at a great price. It's easy to use, and when I've called in for additional assistance they are super helpful.

Gordon B.

The ease of use is outstanding and the accuracy of the times is right on in most cases.

MICHAEL K.

We have had it for years like it alot it helps us do invoices quickly and effectively very user friendly.

lance w.

Cons

Bit weak on larger vehicles such as medium duty trucks.

William M.

Charles L.

Sometimes finding the actual repair type is a little bit difficult due to the way they are categorized.

Randy P.

4.4

Best Bang for your buck available

Pros

I have used this software for years and love the features and ease of use! This has cut my service ticket time considerably and is quite accurate with the labor times posted. If you are a small shop then you must have this software to compete with the big boys and show a big time appearance to the customer, it reinforces professionalism and integrity of your shop,I.e. letterhead and breakdown of ticket with an appealing look. I would recommend it to all repair shops no matter the size or location. This software has definitely made me a lot of money and helped ensure to not leave any on the table.

Cons

Wish it had older model cars I work on some older cars and a lot are not on the software and I understand I’m probably in the minority on this

Great pic for small shops

Needs more features in an additional tier or al a cart add ons. I use this daily, incredibly easy to generate accurate quotes, but a POS system its not...yet.

Pros

Overall the product is very useful. The are very few products for small guys to get away from paper & get access to labor guides. Ive tried all of the $20-$50 monthly options as I wanted a cloud based system that I could work with from anywhere regardless of platform. I really think this has helped me attract more business & close more sales due to accurate quoting. Lets face it people want professional & accurate quotes up front...and when they come back to pickup they dont want surprises either- this gains trust. In this regard RT has actually made me more money & makes things more efficient. How can a small shop justify $100-250 per month for Shop Management? Well theres not much out there that will get you running for sub 100 much less the $25/month I promise ya!

Cons

Now for the downsides...Im anxiously awaiting some upgrades- another tier for those of us wanting AR & Inventory, regardless of the info page here there is no inventory- nada. This needs to be fixed. The Customer owed balance needs to me on the main page so you know what folk are due/overdue at a glance instead of drilling into each work order & clicking thru to the end- its ridiculous to have to...

basic good quality

fair

Pros

ease of billing.license plate to vehicle id

Cons

lookup history is ineffective .mileage maintaince. mileage lookup too vague or non existent wish it had more features such as digital inspections.almost no updates.wouldn't mind paying more for better features

Was great, now it's terrible!!

I LIKED the reports and the fact it was easy to use and WAS very user friendly, the new "upgrade" makes it take longer to create tickets, find previous customers, find previous tickets, etc. Overall the new system has convinced me to begin a new search for a reasonably priced mechanical software system, very frustrating as I was EXTREMELY pleased with it until the "upgrade". All my guys that use it have asked me if we can switch back, I have contacted Real-Time but have yet to receive a response. If we can't, I will be switching software again, and that is very frustrating.

Pros

It WAS extremely user friendly and easy to learn and use, now they have released an update and forced all users to use the "upgraded" version, which is actually a HUGE downgrade from a user-friendly perspective. It is cheap, that is the only current Pro I can think of for the current system. If they would let us revert back to the previous version, I would give it a 5 star in all categories.

Cons

Not user-friendly any more, complicated to navigate, requires extra steps to perform tasks that used to be simple. The new upgrade they introduced is a massive downgrade from the original program, I will be looking for a new system.

Ron - It's never easy to hear a potential let down from a customer but I do appreciate your honest feedback. We went to great lengths to make sure the ticket process is exactly the same with the same number of steps and clicks - the only thing that changed was the look and feel and the search. I'm hoping you'll give us a chance over the next couple days because for the customers who have been using...

Auto repair invoicing and labor

The customer service has always been extremely friendly and helpful. For us as a small business the software works perfect. It allows us to customize our invoices and track our customers repairs. Customer service is very helpful with finding labor on old cars or very new cars that may not be in a labor system.

Pros

Ease of use, great customer service, pricing, does pretty much everything we want. We’ve stayed with this software for several years.

Cons

In progress tickets drop from system after 14 days. There are times when we are waiting for special order parts that arrive past that period and we have to rekey what we’ve entered already.

Darren - Thank you so much for your glowing review! I will make sure we look at the in-progress time frame, but the best way to make sure those tickets are never dropped is to complete them as estimates. Estimates don't show up on sales reports and can be edited and changed into invoices at any time. The in-progress was meant more like an auto-save feature so you wouldn't lose your partially completed ticket if you had a customer walk in and need immediate assistance.

JASONS AUTO BODY

I just use it because of cost is so low.

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate just have to play with the system to learn its uses.

Cons

I wish it had repair help on some jobs like Mitchell has and like for me I wished they would offer a crash -labor estimator like this. Even tech to tech talk for help would be nice.

Jason - Thank you for your glowing review! We do try to offer just what a shop needs at the lowest price possible. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to have you as a customer!

Real Time Labour Guide review

Great value. Couldn't run shop without it

Pros

The closest you will get to an accurate time to complete operations. this has increased revenues by approximately 20%

Cons

bit weak on larger vehicles such as medium duty trucks

Great product at an affordable price

I have used this product since before the website version. It has helped me grow my business and keep the jobs coming in.

Pros

I am able to make estimates and invoices for the customers records as well as mine. I use the lower priced option, but it still helps me price and sell jobs with ease.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. It has been a great product.

Robert - it's reviews like these that continue to motivate us. Our goal is to provide shops with a tool to help them keep their "cost low, and profit high" so it's remarkable that you used that phrase. Also, to hear that you have "nothing bad to say. It has been a great product," is music to our ears. We are so happy you decided to share this with us so we can share it with our team. Thank you for being a great customer for all these years!

I USE THIS EVERYDAY.

Overall I love the program, I have used it for many many years now.

Pros

I really like how you can run reports, for labor, or techs, you can get a varierty of reports.

Cons

The thing I noticed if you get called away from the invoice program it will just log you out, and it does not always saved it.

Sandy - Thank you so much for your glowing review! I'm happy you find the reports useful - we have plans for even more reports to help you see how good your business is doing. As for logging you out - it should only do that if you're idle for more than 4 hours and that is for your safety and security. Any tickets you are in the middle of should be available in the in-progress section for you to pick up right where you left off. If either of those don't seem to be happening for you feel free to give us a call and we'll try to help figure out what's going on with your setup.

Small Business Owner

I have been using the Real-Time Labor guide for years. I like it keeps my records so that i don't have a huge file or a lot of storage taken up. I use it daily for all my POS items and records including P & L, state tax and year end sales reports.

Pros

I like the customization capabilities for invoicing. You are able to add your own daily usage and create an invoice that fits your needs. Adding your logo and personal touches is great, plus editing is a cinch.

Cons

The increments of time for the automotive industry could be better when you are making your own labor task as opposed to canned tasks. Plus price per unit prints out in 1/10 of a cent so it must be edited on line items.

Jaimie - Thank you so much for your detailed review! We are glad to hear you like all the customization you can do with your tickets. We really want to help you achieve that professional look. Thanks for being our customer all these years!

Satisfied customer

Pros

Easy to use, good reports , accurate labor hrs, easy to set up.

Cons

Repair guide, component locations, schematics

Why not?

No complaints, just what I described above!!

Pros

Its very user friendly and pretty straight forward, but i might be bit tech savy over most!

Cons

As we proceed forward as we all know technology gets better, faster and cheaper as supply goes up. There are now competitors that offer a 3d screen of the parts area you are working on and suggested process and procedures at a much lesser price then Mitchelles or alldata. I would love to see Real Time step up to that!!

Mike - Thanks for your great review! We are always looking for ways to improve and give our customers more of what they are looking for. We appreciate the suggestion!

Real time labor a must have for auto repair shops!

When I first open my shop in 2013 I did not really know what I was going to do about and invoicing system. It was Motors Chiltons etc, but being a sole proprietor it was too much of a monthly fee for me to sign up for. I was about to open my shop a week later and I really didn’t know what I was going to do then I stumbled upon real time labor it was a godsend! Everybody has been so helpful at real time it’s easy to set up I highly recommend it for any shop owner. Thank you so much real time labor it would’ve been very difficult to start this business without you! I’m coming up on my seventh year in business August and I am still using real time labor to this day!

Pros

I started my shop in 2013. I found it very easy to use also cost effective.

Cons

There were a few glitches along the way when I first started using it but real time iron those out I really have nothing negative to say about real time and their product.

Great Real-Time product!

Great inexpensive labor time guide and invoice system, I have used it for over 8 years now!

Pros

Customization and accuracy of labor times!

Cons

Number of labor times not available in the system.

Dano - we are so happy to have such a fantastic review from a customer that has been with us for so many years. We look forward to serving you for many many more!

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ. PAYS FOR ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE READ SOME OF THE COMPLAINTS OF OTHER SHOPS. THEY WANT EVERY SINGLE ESTIMATE TO BE PERFECT. NONE OF THESE PROGRAMS ARE PERFECT. OVER THE YEARS I'VED USE REAL-TIME AS A BACK UP TO EITHER MITCHELL & OR ALLDATA. REAL TIME HAS SAVED ME FROM LOOSING A TON OF MONEY $$$$$$ IF I HAD WENT STRICKLY WITH THE "BIG BOYS PRICING" I'D BE IN THE "POOR HOUSE" NOW. THIS ESTIAMTING GUIDE IS A MUST HAVE. AND YOU GUYS THAT WANT MORE FROM THE PROGRAM, THEY HAVE AN ADVANCED PROGRAM TOO.

Pros

KEEP A FINANCIAL ACCOUNT OF HOW MUCH YOU RAISED THE PRICE WHEN YOU DOUBLE CHECKED REAL TIME & I BET YOU BE LOOKING AT A MINIMUM $ A MONTH IN ADDITIONAL INCOME. PLUS IF YOU EVER WORK ON A MEDIUM TO LARGE TRUCK - REAL TIME HAS THAT INFO AT NO EXTRA COST. A DOUBLE BONUS!!!!

Cons

NONE

Thank you so much Byron for the awesome review! We agree with you - every shop SHOULD have the Real-Time Labor Guide even if it's just for a second opinion.

Great program

It's been a great tool for my company.

Pros

If I can't find a job customer service always helps me price it out!

Cons

Everything works greatfor me. Never had a problem with anything.

Dale - Thank you for the great review! We're glad to have you as a customer!

Great basic system, easy to nav

Used it a long time and good for the money

Pros

Easy to use , nice lay out. Simple inputs

Cons

Not saving input values, cannot see last part cost will save sale price but not cost

Great

Pros

Easy to use. Cost effective. Able to access from any device or computer

Cons

Not being able to edit vehicle selection after starting tickets

Vin scanner and mobile app

Pros

I really love the fact that you could type in the license plate and reveal the Vin number for a particular vehicle

Cons

I do a lot of presale inspections, Instead of using another application to scan the Vin on cars without a license plate is irritating. I would love to do it from inside Real-Time Labor Guide and it would be great if I didn’t have to be in a browser and could use a app

Edward - Thank you for your honest review and the high marks you gave us. You are not the only one who has suggested a VIN scanner and we agree that it would make starting a ticket easier. It is definitely on our list of potential features for the near future We always appreciate new feature suggestions!

Easy to navigate

Pros

Easy to navigate. Very functional, its great that I can add parts and specific labor to our shop and store for quick reference.

Cons

Customer Service has not been the easiest to get ahold of the few times I've needed too.

Elisabeth - Thank you for your great review! We work very hard and reach out for tons of feedback in order to make the system as easy to use as possible. I'm sorry you've had a hard time reaching us lately - the beginning of the year is always very busy with annual updates but if you leave a message we won't leave the office until our voicemail box is clear, and usually we get back to you a lot sooner then that. Thanks for being our customer for the last several years - we look forward to many more!

Real-Time labor guide helps with estimating

Overall, Real-Time Labor Guide has gotten us out of some jams for sure. Had we used the traditional labor times we would have short changed ourselves.

Pros

I like the low,avg,high industry labor times and the notes on certain jobs indicating errors with traditional labor guides.

Cons

I have to buy separate licenses for each copy. Also, navigating the menu is a bit dated. I'd like to see more effort put into integration so advisors can build a labor estimate quickly.

Nick - Thank you for your awesome and honest review. We're so happy to have you as a customer, and glad we could get you out of some jams and save you from short changing yourselves!

ONLINE LABOR GUIDE

DOES A GOOD JOB AND EASY TO USE.

Pros

THE EASE OF USE AND THE ACCURACY OF THE LABOR GUIDE

Cons

NOT ANY REAL NEGATIVE ISSUES. DOES LOCK UP SOMETIME WHEN MORE THAN ONE PERSON USING THE LABOR GUIDE.

Joe - Thank you for your great review. We work hard to make sure our service is as easy to use and accurate as possible. You are right that if another person uses your username and password to log in on another computer it will log you out, and that is why we suggest separate users for shops that need more than one person in the system at a time. Thanks for being our customer for all these years!

Best way to invoice my jobs

Makes keeping track of customers and their vehicles so easy I can do it.

Pros

Very easy to use and configure the coverage is great and can even use custom types of vehicles overall the best software for shop invoicing.

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like about the software.

John - It's feedback like this: "Did my homework and was the best price for the best product" that makes our day. We're so happy we can provide the shop management service that you need to help you run your shop. Thanks for being our customer for all these years!

GUIDE USER-CREWCHIEF

NICE TO BE ABLE USE YOU AS GUIDE FOR TIME ENVOLVED IN SOME OPERATIONS.

Pros

NICE TO USE YOU AS A GUIDE TO KNOW TIMES ENVOLVED,ALSO LIKE THE WAY YOU PEOPLE LISTEN WHEN WE CALL AND TELL THERE NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTMENTS TO SOME LABOR TIMES! BILLING OUT LABOR ON INVOICES IS SO MUCH EASIER WITH THIS GUIDE.

Cons

NOTHING,WELL SATISFIED WITH IT,EASY TO USE,COVERS ABOUT EVERYTHING ENVOLVING JOBS.

Gary - Thank you for the fantastic review! We're so happy you've been our customer all these years!

Indespensible resource

Pros

Real time labor guide gets you to repair times very quickly.

Cons

Sometimes for certain repair topics the descriptions can be vague. For example I've never found a good description for a complete CV axle assembly. It says "axle shaft", inner boot, outer boot, etc. Would be helpful to have an additional choice.

Gordon - Thank you so much for your honest and glowing review! We're so happy to have you as a customer!