HungerRush Reviews

Pros

In the restaurant industry you have to have a great POS system to operate efficiently. Revention works great, and the customer service is fantastic.

BA

Bob A.

We like how it is integrated in our Revention system. I love how easy it is for customers to place orders quickly.

JW

Joseph W.

BA

Ben A.

NK

Nathan K.

Gives error while closing, some items disappear suddenly, no cloud backup, for inventory module , you need to enter all info manually, you can not use it remotely and on and on.

DD

Dharini D.

I guess that's corporate speak for we don't care you are unhappy. When I tried to return the system for refund they threatened to sue me.

KN

Kristen N.

3.6

How would you rate HungerRush?

Using Revention POS puts an independent operator on the same playing field as the big chains.

The POS has saved me & made me money. Saving payroll with quick driver drawer balancing to having all th elittle upcharges programmed in. It really opened my eyes to the 'numbers' & numbers don't lie.

Pros

I researched POS systems for a few years before choosing Revention. I was very impressed with the marketing capabilities of the system, but as time went on & saw the possibilities of the system I realized I now had the tools to really run a business. The delivery module is more than I could expect, this alone has saved me time & money. I find it very easy to prgram menu items & coupons...The integration of online & mobile ordering platforms is incredible & let's my business run smoothly. I have always had good experiences with their 24/7 support staff & they go the extra mile to get any questions or issues I may have resolved.

Cons

You got to keep up with technology. Revention is always a step ahead of me & I am the one that never seems to be caught up with all the things this system can do.

Revention POS

Pros

It is a great system. The ordering system is simple and efficient, the reports are thorough, it seems to be able to do everything I need it to do.

Cons

As the system gets older little glitches are starting to appear. I believe updating the system would help

HungerRush- Always improving!

Pros

The options for menu items are endless, I can add as many groups as I need. It allows me to have evrything I need right on one computer. For example.. customer orders, discounts/coupons, total sales, on hand/out of stock notifications, all server tables in one spot.

Cons

I dont like that once there is a payment on 1 check of a multi-split check, I cant merge, change, add gratuity etc to any of the other checks that are still open. I dont like that i can only see 3 checks of a multi split check at a time.

non-existent customer service

The techs that answer when you call the customer service are generally helpful, knowledgeable, and pleasant. They can immediately solve operator error problems or walk you through some troubleshooting. Otherwise, I feel I'm being bent over by a used car salesman every time I deal with the company.

Pros

When it is working, it is intuitive to use.

Cons

The system likes to crash. Installation was a joke. The guy flew up from Houston to install. He was on his phone the entire time he was in our shop. Customization was minimal at that time. Reports were not set up. It took a few calls to customer service to finish the process. The mapping was never installed correctly so although I am paying for it monthly I have never been able to use it. ...

Revention is the end all be all of ease of use Mac like functionality for a restaurant

Pros

The online ordering and Enterprise functionality or top-notch, and since they also make the hardware along with the software I know that everything will connect and talk to each other seamlessly

Cons

In the past support was spotty, but from here on out it's been extremely diligent and respectable. I very much enjoy the product that helps my team get to where we need to be faster and easier.

They promise a-lot but most basic things in the system doesn't work. They grow too quick too fast.

This system can be great, only if they can truly care about their customers. They care about you if you have at least 25 plus stores. The way they treat me: they really don't care about my business, I am too small for them. They need to stop advertising false claims about their system. They need to go back to their system and fix all the bugs before coming up with something new and don't let the new things run until you fix the problem 100% Am I happy? Hell no. Can they make me happy? For sure they can but they are more focused on getting new customers. If I already didn't have the Revention my POS would be Toast.

Pros

I have been using it for the last 8 years with 5 stores. At each store, we have about 4 stations with KDS. I really want to continue using it because we already have it and we know how to use it.

Cons

SO many problems. 1-Their credit card machine doesn't work 50% of the time it would say CC expired, yet it does not. They have no solution to fix that. We even changed the credit card machine. (Big company as Hungerrush, how that can be right? 2-Their apple pay doesn't work 3-Their online ordering has so many issues. Many customers can't order due to their address won't show up. It's also outdated. 4-No...

Good software horrible company

Pros

Software is very user-friendly and easy to use. Very customizable as well. Took me about a day to learn how to use it and it's very easy to navigate.

Cons

The customer service is horrible. They raise the price by 30% in the middle of your contract without any warning or notice at all. If payment is not received within two days your current mapping system will no longer work. A mapping system that I've already paid for. They always do stuff like this. They know you need it so they just back you into a corner and say pay us or it won't work anymore. And then when you try to get a hold of management they never call you back. Horrible company.

Revention software user

Overall it has not been too bad sometimes you get a tech that is not well informed and it takes longer to get an issue fixed but that is understandable.

Pros

It is easy to navigate from one area to another

Cons

The fact that when someone uses the web and they put to many characters in the suite/Apt box it transluncates the order and we have no information for where to deliver the food too. We can retrieve the information as long as another Web order don't come thru before we retrieve the information. This has been an issue for may years and has not been fixed yet is disappointing to say the least.

This POS is the best!

Pros

Very user-friendly, meaning training new employees is quick and easy. Programming new menu items, specials and coupons is a cinch! And if problems do arise, their 24/7 support is amazing and friendly.

Cons

So far we have not have any complains about this product! If we had to have one complaint it would be the price - that being said, it is definitely worth the investment!

Revention review

People are not ordering because the prices are too high and they cant figure out or find the menu online.

Pros

It's faster. It prints a ticket. The ticket prints to where you can see eveythiglng. You dont have to find the ticket

Cons

It is more confusing. I dont like it. The prices are too high. We cant do coupons ourself. I flat out dont like the whole system

Hi Sara, Thank you for your honest review from your perspective. From what it seems like, many of these issues are in the hands of your managers, related to the high pricing and authorizing coupon issuing.

Revention is the best

Pros

The systems capabilities and functionality. iPhone used to use a slogan like we have an app for that. Well Revention might as well use the slogan we have a function for that.We use revention daily and love it. We have added on to our system with new options a few time and opened a 2nd location. From sales to service these guys are great. The more I have worked with them over the last couple years the...

Cons

Honestly, the only negative thing I can say is that the system is costly. It's an investment. Yet I haven't found a system that's anywhere close to the same price that can do what revention can do. When you are ready to take your operation to the next level take revention with you.

Revention checks all the boxes and is about as user friendly as a POS system can get!

Revention is extremely straightforward and easy on the eyes! We're able to easily customize and change our menu when needed, and after experiencing a few other POS systems, I realized how much I love the daily reports that Revention sends out (and allows you to customize!)

Pros

It's extremely easy to use! It's so easy to train new employees and they can truly "master" the system (or at least the basics of it) after only a few uses.

Cons

Our business is VERY delivery heavy, so I do wish that some of the delivery features could be improved upon. Even still, it does the job and allows us to manage 100+ deliveries in about a two or three hour window of time!

Thank you for reviewing Revention! We truly appreciate the kind words as we strive to provide an outstanding product to our customers.

Revention is like a GPS for your business

My experience with Revention has been everything I had hoped for. The soft ware keeps track of prior orders so that if you have an issue with a transaction it is at your fingertips.

Pros

I like how it. Keeps track of the servers tickets and money due. Also the servers’ tickets automatically go to the correct kitchen without the problem of reading illegible handwriting. Also it keeps the delivery drivers organized. We have been in business since 1963 and I wish we had Revention sooner, it has been a tremendous boost.

Cons

There isn’t really anything I don’t like about Revention. I wish I was more knowledgeable because it has much more features that I haven’t used.

Hi Roger, Thank you so much for your kind review. We are excited to see that Revention has helped your business grow!

Small business DO NOT fall for this solution. it is a trap

our comment is awaiting moderation. BIG Name…BUT NO Value. Small businesses …DO NOT fall for this system. It is a trap. Their sales team has NO value of customer after selling it. They make BIG commitments and claims failed to meet. They show you hungry howie as their customer BUT other large chain drop them because of their limitation of system, bugs in system and poor technology platform. Not sure...

Pros

heard it is very old and proven software so bought it. easy to open for just taking orders. for everything else it is difficult and you have to wait for appointment of senior person

Cons

Online module is working at 50%. Old technology. sales team will sell you with all the rosy picture and then ask for extra for everything. Management team does not know that their product has bug, limitations and challenges. people who do not understand technology can fall for their trap. but people who understand technology will soon realize the limitations and challenges. their mobile app is only good to show sales per hour and total sale. No more utilization or feature. you can not get details. system heat up. gives error while closing, some items disappear suddenly, no cloud backup, for inventory module , you need to enter all info manually, you can not use it remotely and on and on....

Revention POS

I have had a great experience with this software. Their customer support 24/7 has been a great feature they offer that we take advantage of. Any problem you have they will address quickly and resolve the issue.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. Very easy to train new employees on this software. Easy to change things within the POS as well.

Cons

I like the software and really don't have anything I don't like about it. It's very easy to use. Very easy to train on.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Ben. We are glad that our customer service has been able to assist you no matter the time of day!

Very good POS system

It has really helped my place of work easy to train employees to use the post system overall very satisfied

Pros

The speed of orders and the technical support team it is very good to print off my nightly paper work very easy system to learn

Cons

Some times credit card orders don't print sometimes u have to recalabrate the touch screen monitor but works great highly recommend

Hi Joseph, Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We at Revention love to hear such great things on how we are streamlining your operations. If your credit card orders are causing an issue, please reach out to our 24/7/365 customer service!

My experience has been outstanding. This is my first POS and I do not think that I will ever change.

Better flow in the kitchen and FOH

Pros

It is very user friendly easy to navigate and make changes. Every screen is easy to understand and to the point in what you are trying to accomplish when making a change.

Cons

It does not have an option to give quotes to catering.

Revention POS

Great software fir the money. Very easy to use and track inventory.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and understand. The software holds so much information that we can go back to last year and compare numbers. Also the software hold customer information which makes it easier to complete orders.

Cons

I have no negative response for this software

Switching to Revention is one of the best things I have done for my business.

Everything that I explained in the Cons. It is a great product that is truly customizable. I really love it.

Pros

Ease of use, reports,customer service, tech support and marketing. We are a high volume operation and it more than handles all of our needs. Could not be happier with my choice. I highly recommend it.

Cons

I have nothing to say here, I am very happy with the product.

Restaurant POS with a Support Team that tries.

The company I manage for has been using Revention for many years. The software is easy to use and you can always call their support line if you're ever in a jam. Unfortunately, they tend to put you on hold for long periods of time. This is not ideal when you're in the middle of a dinner rush and your POS crashes. However, their support team always tries their best to get your issues solved.

Pros

Cons

Extended time on hold on the phone.

There Representatives was very informative during the whole hunger rush demo. They took time to answer all questions.

Very fast for staff to take orders.

Pros

Cons

The payroll features. It is hard to tell when the employee is actually getting paid for breaks and when they are not.

Excellent team of people, probably the best in the industry.

Pros

Everything in one place and their ability to do custom development with them is absolutely refreshing.

Cons

Love the software, can't find any cons with the software, the only thing that I would love to see more integration with merchant services with EMV capability.

Revention for a Chain Restaurant

My franchise demands we use Revention, but overall the experience has been very good.

Pros

Ease of navigation. Good suite of applications for the business side.

Cons

On line ordering server sometimes goes down at peak times.

Revention has been fantastic for our bar,

Pros

Revention is super easy to use and train new employees on. Speed is never an issue with this POS. We have a large inventory but Revention makes it very easy to simplify, organize and adjust.

Cons

Worst POS Software you can use.

It did Function barely for the time that we used it.

Pros

The software can work okay if your willing to spend a lot of time figuring it out. However it is probably the worst POS software I have ever used.

Cons

The software is buggy and not dependable. The software is extremely expensive and for old out of date hardware, and dated software. The customer service is terrible and rude. They have hidden rules, for example. If you dont upgrade your software often enough they will make you completly rebuy the POS system in order to upgrade.

Revention POS solution has been completely revamped for optimal use and is cost effective. Please considering us again.