Shop-Ware Reviews

Pros

I have enjoyed watching the growth and development of the software. I am glad to have given early feedback that translated to actual action.

Farhad G.

Dean S.

It has been one of the best decisions I have made for my business. It allows me to better serve and communicate with my clients and builds trust.

Mike R.

William L.

Lack of reporting, inventory control and transferring, lack of permissions for larger shops.

Matthew L.

No way to seach for license plate without knowing full plate (that I know of ). Cannot add parts to an order after it is started (this one is very annoying).

Alexander S.

Vern's Review

Overall anytime there was an issue Support was fantastic to resolve it promptly. When we ask for new features our opinion is taking seriously and they seem to come to life. For multi-shop web based programs available, Shop- Ware is fantastic.

Pros

I love the fact that the customer can approve the work if they are unable to speak on the phone. I like the user friendliness of the program that allows for easy training. I like the fact that we can communicate easily with the customer. I also like that there is a record of everything. The log feature really helps hold my team accountable when it comes to issues with use or customers. I like that just about everything in the program is customize-able. I like the abilities of multishop where we can transfer a technician from shop to shop with ease.

Cons

I strongly dislike the inventory system. I do not like that any time a part is purchased that it adds it to inventory making it very difficult to manage our internal inventory. it would be nice if inventory could be divided into internal and external. I don't like that when texting a customer they have to click a link. Currently with certain phone providers, it prompts the customer to the log in page instead of their RO. I wish there were a way to have a text message conversation with the customer and log it like other programs use. I wish some of the reporting was easier to use and more customizable. I wish there was a way to transfer internal inventory between stores. It would be nice if repair link could integrate.

Shop-ware

Overall, I enjoy the software. I wish there was a better payment option and the 2 issues listed above were taken care of. I keep hearing it's coming but it hasn't come...... I have honestly been looking at Techmetric because the above issues are not issues on their platform. I hesitate to move because there is a learning curve and other hick ups involved with that change that I would prefer not to endure.

Pros

Digital work board. I can check in on the business or help out where ever I have internet service.

Cons

1. I can not share an inspection with recommendations without sharing price at the same time. This has been a big concern of mine since day 1 and still not changed. Its frustrating because I am essentially not using the digital inspection to make any sales. I'm certain my ARO would increase with this feature. 2. I can not break down labor cost by technician. This is again frustrating because the labor cost is NOT ACCURATE on any one ticket or job on a given ticket. It's just not accurate.

Shop-ware review

Great customer service. Slow to grow and adapt compared to industry competitors.

Pros

Ease of use. Very easy to teach someone how to use it. GP$/hr quickly available to estimator.

Cons

No two way communication with customer Labor guide is almost always wrong Cannot see tech total clocked in time on a ticket without opening the clock up on each individual job and manually adding it together. When building an estimate on the main screen, as opposed to a recommended service on the right, the correct labor times do not follow the job to future tickets. Making the use of “past services” worthless unless you built it on the right under recommended services. Would love to be able to look up fluid type and quantities within Shop-ware and not have to rely on or transfer Info to another system to find out that info.

Cloud Based

Overall we have had a great experience with Shop-Ware. We have always strived to provide our customers with the best experience and with Shop-Ware being digitally based, that helps us to achieve this goal. The inventory management has taken some getting used to, but is also very helpful!

Pros

Although not an original feature, I really like the cloud based software and the ability to use it on multiple platforms. This also allows most operations to work very fast and very smoothly! Another stand out feature are the built in digital vehicle inspection.

Cons

As a counter person/service advisor my biggest complaint is the lack of auto-fill. There are many fields that must be filled every time a ticket is opened and it would be much more convenient if most if not all of them would auto-fill.

Top Shop Software

Has been excellent, always willing to help when problems arise. They own up to their mistakes when they make them.

Pros

I love the way we can share the estimates with the customer via email and text. Inspections are easy to set up and are 100% customizable. Right now I’m a new start up and running my shop with the help of my wife. Being able to share with customers gives us 15 minutes to set up our game plan for what’s coming in next. The digital inspections gives the customers more info to make an educated decision and most of the time they have approved repairs before we ever get that call into them in that 15 minute window. Hands down the best program I’ve ever used!

Cons

There’s really not much I can say. A lot of the things I disliked about this program have been fixed or upgraded. I would love to see the ability to add more than on canned job to the ticket at a time, and be able to apply payments to accounts receivable for fleet customers easier.

Shop-Ware is TONS better than Mitchell

Pros

The ease of pricing parts and ordering parts through Shop-Ware is TONS better than our previous software, Mitchell. Being able to pull up multiple vendors at one time compare exact parts instantly and then order from online has saved our shop countless hours of time as well as thousands of dollars in parts savings. On a side note, the software gets updated on a REGULAR basis which is a huge bonus and large help as they account for the fast changing auto repair industry.

Cons

Labor times within Shop-Ware are not always accurate according to what recommended book time is as well as they do not have all repairs in the system. We have been working with the development team very closely on improving this issue though and have already seen changes.

Best way to communicate with customers

I also LOVE that I can track who has viewed the page. That way I can see if my customers are constantly moderating the work, and if they have seen a price quote, and are considering the job. It helps me know how to more efficiently sell work, and which customers I need to focus my energy on with the communication and sales side of my staff.

Pros

My customers love the transparency of my auto repair business as a result of Shop-Ware. The ability to add comments, upload photos, and communicate directly with my customers also keeps things organized. Instead of looking through texts, emails, and writing down notes from phone calls, all of the communication is kept neatly in the comment thread. Customers upload media as well, such as images of ROs...

Cons

I am looking forward to a phone app, so that I do not have to open up my internet browser on my cell phone and log on every time. I think that's the only con I can think of at this point, and it's very minor.

Robust Software Management Platform

I love it! You'd have to come up with something out of this world to change my mind that this isn't the best software out.

Pros

It's versatile and works smoothly—both on my Windows Desktop and reliable on my iPhone.

Cons

Honestly any issue I can think of get remediated quickly. The customer support is quick to respond and get the software updated monthly with new features.

A Business Changer, A LIFE Changer

Pros

There are so many things I LOVE about this software that I probably couldn't even list them all. Not only do I love them, but our team loves Shop-Ware and our clients LOVE it as much as we do (maybe more). It is easy to use from anywhere. It integrates all of the components of our business into one package. Shop-Ware is easy to work with as a company and understands our needs. They are constantly upgrading and developing based on users' needs and wants. When you have a question or suggestion, they reach out, listen, and respond promptly.

Cons

The only item I wish could be different is accessing other labor guides than MOTOR. That is honestly it.

Hands down best shop software

Great experience, it’s helped us get to the next level and take on more service

Pros

The ease of communication with the customer is amazing. It keeps the customer updated and approvals come in faster.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize the schedule and have “canned items” to post such as “off” “ out sick” etc.

These guys are going to be an amazing software in the coming years. Get in now!

They truly care. Again, this is a software company that cares. You need to find partners to ensure success in your business. Shop-ware is a partner.

Pros

Shop-ware is still flexible since they are rigid like a RO Writer. They truly work to help their customers have success using the software. They are still young, so features are coming out still and some more abilities are being added. They have a ways to go on tires. The inspections portion of the software is great. I think this is what attracted is at the start and keeps us happy every day we use it. Overall they will work with you to get a product you want to use.

Cons

Doesn't not work well for tires. You must use Quickbooks and it's hard to "balance" at the end of the day to know you have the correct cash and credit cards. The way they setup parts is difficult. There is no pricing matrix and parts all link to a main nomenclature. They works well in certain instances, but not well in others. Everything is a give and take. Overall you can work fast within the software.

Awesome complete shop management system

The customer interaction with the program is great and customers love it. We even have customers who will view their repair order and authorize repairs in the evenings or mornings when we are not open.

Pros

We had different shop management system for 14 years I wanted to add the DVI but I didn't want to buy a separate program so we switched to shop-ware. It's cloud-based so it would work for a multi shop location, It has improved productivity and customer satisfaction because of the capability to share information with the customer. Service writers and the tech's love it because of its simplicity and the learning curve is very quick. Customer service is absolutely amazing. If there is an issue they will return an email or phone call quickly compared to previous experiences with other software. They will take the time to listen to an issue and explain how it works or if there needs to be an improvement, it will be addressed.

Cons

I am struggling to come up with cons. There are little things that I feel could be improved but it does not interfere with the programs capability.

Great company to team up with.

Because it is an internet based program, everything is so simplified. The parts ordering integration works really well and speeds up the process of getting the customer handled as quickly as possible.

Pros

Ease of use is incredible. After having ROWriter and then being sold Protractor, ShopWare is in a class of its own.

Cons

I haven't really experienced any cons. I can run it with my iPad from anywhere as long as I have cellular signal.

I’ve used the rest, now I use the best.

I have seen my GP, average ticket, and up sells go way up - like 25% and more up. I’m no spring chicken. I’ve been in this industry for 32 years and have used every major software platform out there as well as a few minor ones. I can tell you, they care and they listen. I had the opportunity to spend a good amount of time with the owner of Shop-Ware in the beginning and since have seen the entire staff emulate her approach to customer care. I have never experienced customer service remotely close to this.

Pros

Customer interaction, ease of use, ACCURATE inventory, superb customer support, uncanny reception to customer input, hi-tech image for any level shop, incredible customer reception, true gross profit optimization, user friendly, and reasonable terms with no contracts. They believe, as I do, that if you like the software, you’ll never leave hence, no contracts.

Cons

Still new and a few growing pains but really, very few, and they are punching through real working updates and features at the speed of light.

CoAuto loves Shopware & you will too

Overall experience has been great, we have been with Shop-Ware for many years now and seen many improvements along the way.

Pros

Ease of use from the digital inspection process & building estimates to the text to pay feature & text approval process we love what Shop-Ware offers. The customer support is always fast, friendly and helpful. Very client friendly, ease of use for clients is a plus. One system takes care of what we used to need 2 or 3 systems for.

Cons

Lack of ability to add text or symbols to photos, hard to navigate the initial approval process for clients, no texting options, cannot delete duplicated parts, cores being a separate part vs included in the same line. Estimator hours could be improved by using a better estimator, the hours are off when compared to Alldata.

Game Changer

They initial switch over to Shop-Ware was the most difficult part. But once everyone was trained and use to using it on a daily basis is has made work flow easier and productivity smoother all around. We've never looked back!

Pros

The software allows for best transparency and communication between or staff and the customers. A lot of our new customer complement on how convenient the program is to use on there end, and how it makes the transaction of getting information about their vehicle to them much easier than other shops they haveused in the past.

Cons

The software is being updated with new features on a regular basis, which is also good. But the updates can sometimes cause bugs or glitches when they are released, Which cause confusion during regular use.

Excellent Shop Management System

Our overall experience with Shop-Ware has been wonderful. From the sales side, to the implementation and transition, to the support side - we are very happy. We fully believe that to be successful in our business we need the best people and the best tools available, and Shop-Ware has proven to be just that. It has helped us grow our business!

Pros

Customer review of work order including technician's notes, photos and videos is wonderful. Puts the customer at ease and allows full control of their decisions. Parts integration is wonderful; 6 vendors at the touch of one button rather than individual phone calls, websites and passwords. Digital Vehicle Inspections is also great.

Cons

Reporting is a little on the light side; data can be found and manipulated with a little effort.

Continuous improvement and responsive customer support team.

Our company demo-ed many different systems before making the choice to go with software. The time that we first tried the Shop-Ware demo to when we made the leap was over 18 months, and after detailed examination of at least 4 SMS/ POS options.

Pros

This is a system designed by a high performance business, and has great usability at many different scales. The structure of the system lends itself well to seamless information transfer from the back of the shop to the front, and out to customers. Software updates arrive pretty consistently with truly usable features.

Cons

Some of the modules are a little under-developed. Internal notes vs external notes need to be a thing. The inventory module needs more flexibility for any business with a high volume of inventory. The integrated labor guide is poor, requiring us to maintain separate subscriptions for labor times without a direct integration.

Transparency realized

Amazing company to work with and grow with. Customer service is unmatched.

Pros

Shop-Ware is easy to learn, clean, collaborative, easy for clients to interact with and improves productivity. Love it!!!!

Cons

I wish that we found it sooner. It has been very helpful for our growing business.

We love Shop-Ware!

We love the ease and speed of it, the best part is being able to share with customers pictures and notes.

Pros

shop-ware is very easy to use and learn and is extremely up to date. Making the switch from an old platform which didn't seem like it was updated since 2005 to Shop-Ware helped with speed of service and modernizing how we do things. One of our favorite parts is the ability to take pictures and notes and the ease of being able to send it to the customer. The parts ordering process is quite nice and easy as well.

Cons

The reports could be a little easier to pull data from and it would be nice if they could make them accessible to read through the software and not to have to use Excel or Google Sheets.

Demo'ed many auto management programs, Shop-Ware is the best fit

After hours training was very helpful. Had questions after going live, Shop-ware was a phone call away.

Pros

Shop-Ware seemed overwhelming (like many management programs) at first, but after 2 hours training I was ready to go live. Creating and sharing estimates with customers is simple and fairly quick.

Cons

I am not not a paperless shop (yet). My tech and I still like to write notes on work orders. Other that printing a screen shot of the work order, there is no option to print a work order for a technician. The screen shot contains all pricing and etc the tech does not need to see.

SOMETHING TO TRY...

From the day we contacted them to find out more about their product it has been an absolute joy to use! Not only the system, but the people too... SOOOO easy to work with!

Pros

- Ease of use - Flexibility of the ENTIRE program - Customer Support!!!

Cons

Sadly, the things that we did not care for have all been completely revamped and upgraded. Now we LOVE them!!! (Sorry)

Excellent Program

Great product that is continually improving, highly recommend

Pros

Ease of use, inspections are part of the software, ability to access from anywhere, customer service from Shop Ware team, monthly improvements, built in time clock, customer facing interactions

Cons

lack of reporting, inventory control and transferring, lack of permissions for larger shops,

Glad we made the decision to switch to Shop-ware!

Shop-ware has been a great program for our shop. The support has always been more than helpful. I do wonder if the issues or glitches I have brought to supports attention have been addressed or just in the "not super important" abyss.

Pros

Shop-ware is very user friendly. I like that the program is cloud based for ease of connecting to what's going on in my business if I am not physically in the shop. I also like the parts ordering integration. Being able to quickly create estimates has been a huge time savings.

Cons

The flaws in the partnerships that shop-ware has, such as parts tech and the labor guide. There is a glitch in the software for the camera the that deters my technicians from taking photos, which is a huge drawback for us. The software won't allow use of the flash on the tablet, the tech has to use the attachment icon to get into the tablet software to access the flash mode - too many clicks to add a photo.

Game Changer For My Business

Customer communications was an issue before Shop-Ware. Now that I can text and email my customers I have solved a lot of those issues.

Pros

Shop-Ware totally changed how I run my business. We a very old system before and Shop-Ware was a huge leap in technology. My customers love the ability to approve recommended repairs right from their smartphone or computer. The ability to attach pictures, videos and PDFs to the work order really adds a level of credibility and transparency that my customers respond to.

Cons

I wish there was some type of customer retention features and a way to remind my customer of needed services such as oil changes and state inspection.