Shortcuts Logo

Shortcuts

Management tool for salons, beauty, spas, and barbershops.

Shortcuts Reviews - Page 2

User friendly

It’s easy to pick up where someone leaves off, easy booking, fairly easy checking out.

Pros

I do all my training with this software. It’s easy for me to train with, user friendly, simplified steps. Step-by-step process which eliminates error.

Cons

At the check out if another service/product is added on after ‘confirmation’ is clicked, you have to put in 0.00 to the EFT to combine the whole price. Confusing to train on.

Shortcuts

Client complaints. Past/future business. Stylist performance.

Pros

Reletively easy to use. Secuity levels. Reports. Friendly contacts. Remote access. History log. Email and texting abilities. Daily auto backup. Client history.

Cons

The below need work before we can use them. Waitlist use. Walkin manager. Online booking.

Choosing Your Software

Pros

It encompasses what other brands do alacart into one easy to use, comprehensive data and growth oriented software solutions.

Cons

Earlier years struggled with products being launched what seemed prematurely, and promises of technology to come which seemed forever to happen. However over the last several years what you provide in my opinion of over 6 years the best software solutions for salons.

We Love Shortcuts Software

My overall experience is that I am happy with Shortcuts and would not change

Pros

User friendly, responsive technical support, excellent reporting, console is great, stylists can see their schedules from their smartphones and make/change client appointments, texting clients reminders, etc.

Cons

Some explanations of reports are hard to understand, scheduling stylists is challenging sometimes

Detailed and easy to use!

Helps to organize my business

Pros

I love how easy this program is to use, and I love all of the reports available to help me keep my salon running smoothly

Cons

The thing I like least about shortcuts, and it's not really a problem at all is that if my main computer goes down it renders all of my computers useless. I wish there was a way that it could be run remotely without having an on-site main terminal needed

Overall Satisfied

Shortcuts customer support is always available and very helpful

Pros

Shortcuts is very user friendly. I love how it keeps up with my client's histories

Cons

Sometimes the program license times out which is frustrating and takes unnecessary time I don't have. The pricing is a little high currently but I've used it for 12 years and don't want the hassle of switching

Shortcuts Software review

Very professional, reliable & friendly

Pros

Well organized & personalized for what I needed

Cons

As a sole proprietor, wish there was a price break. Also think for the overall price remote access should be included. Think if computer qlitches occur, should not be charged to temporarily place on another computer

Pros/cons

It does what we need it to do and easy to train new people. Customer service should be more knowledgeable and sales dept is no help at all.

Pros

I like it keep the history of clients for so long. It is easy to make appointments.

Cons

It is limited for marketing. With all the clients in our system we should have more marketing options. There are a lot of weird cliches that’s happen at end of day.

Shortcuts Software Review.

Is good to have available to contact Shortcuts when apear a problem. Some times it take a little longer but finaly you reach us.

Pros

What I like most is that I feel that is Adapted to my kind of bussines.

Cons

What I like least is that there are No support in spanish lenguaje. It will be more easy to comunicate if you can offer this service.

Great for Beauty Salons and Barber Shops

Overall, I very like the software. We have had it in two businesses.

Pros

It is user friendly and there are a lot of reports that make it easy for you to access. It tracks working hours by just logging in.

Cons

It's not so much the software, it's is the fact that you have to pay for ever little feature to grow your business.

Terrible service and very expensive experience

Terrible, unhappy, disgusting service

Pros

The marketing and reports and the promise of better customer service when using their hardware too that has turned out to be a complete joke!

Cons

It has been a very costly experience as we started having issues with our system after about 12 months and they continually passed the buck giving minor solutions but never really fixing our issues. Eventually our computer completely crashed and then we were told it wasn’t their problem and we had to pay for our own technician costing us $500 only to be told that shortcuts had actually put very outdated...

So far so good

Pros

It's easy to use. The customer service is great no matter what time of day you call. I've called over the weekend thinking that i would have to wait till next business day and i was able to speak to someone right away.

Cons

The only issue i have is that the cost is based on how many employees you have.

Highly recommend

Pros

Easy to use, highly known so lots of new staff already know how to use. Online booking on Facebook and Instagram and marketing are great and I love the consultation forms on my tablet that my customers can sign. Report and manage staff from home and staff have access of their diaries on their phones.

Cons

I'd like more webinars weekly instead of monthly they are good but I would like more of them. It's good to go back over the things that I sometimes forget

I love shortcuts!

Pros

I love how easy this product is to use. It makes the business easy to run. I love how it sends out reminders to my clients and also changes to the color of there reply. It’s easy to adjust times and services! I recommend it to anyone!

Cons

No cons. I love shortcuts! Highly recommended.

business manager

there are moment where its easy to access, but when the system reboots and a transaction is still showing pending in the system. it is pain trying to clear things up

Pros

its easy to search up customers name at some points

Cons

Its need a more creative board to allow front desk clerk to access more and key tips needs to pop u.

Satisfied

Pros

That its user friendly. I also love that I can log in on my cell phone and see my book anywhere.

Cons

That I can't have more then one Bar code on products. Company change packaging and Bar codes all the time so there are lots of times I have the same product with different Bar codes

Pretty Good

I feel they try to keep up and the customer support is pretty good. Extras are a but expensive. Overall it’s good.

Pros

Online booking and text confirmations and 24 hour support.

Cons

No training on all it has to offer, kind of expensive and they go up in price. Shortcuts doesn’t really help unless you ask.

DONT DO IT

Aweful after the 1st year. Aweful!

Pros

Great reports Does walk in and appointments

Cons

The software keeps shutting down. The system kicks back payment and kicks out customers every time it shuts down, which is multiple time a day. You call the “help” desk and they say they are aware of the problem and they are working on it. However they are not fixing it and they are not compensating for the payments it kicks back when it shuts down. The debit part of credit card machine has been down for 2 hrs!!!! We can take payment as credit but not debit, I call they told me that they set it up wrong but I have to purchase a new machine to fix the problem. Of course I’m in a contact and stuck for now.

Hi Nikki, We are so sorry to hear you're unhappy. We'd be more than happy to get on a call and see what we can do to turn your experience around. We take your concerns very seriously, and are eager to help resolve them. Please let us know the best way to reach you by emailing us at marketing@shortcuts.net, or calling our helpdesk as 866-678-7324.

booking software

Fine for the way I use it.

Pros

It is a point of sale system so it keeps track of inventory as well as if pateints have packages.

Cons

It does not enable me to use it like my dental software where I can have an actual pateint ledger and I can write us notes i more detail.

Simple and easy to use great for everyday running of salon appointment bookings

Pros

once you have it set up you can almost forget about it, the program runs itself without having to work at it daily

Cons

I would like a little more business reports especially on staff performance and product usage. Some of the function for online do not work here in Canada

Best so far

Handles ALSMOt everything I need in salon software

Pros

Best visually that is available and easy to use

Cons

Not open to certain custom options would like more custom reports and access to interact with 3rd parties

Shortcuts is the best software for the hair styling business

Overall, I have had a great experience with Shortcuts Software.

Pros

I love how easy Shortcuts is to use. When I do have a problem, the support staff are very helpful.

Cons

I'm not a computer person, BUT Shortcuts Education Team made it easy for me to learn.

Shortcuts Software Review

Overall pleased with service. The ability to login and see appointments and have online booking has been very beneficial.

Pros

I like being able to login and see appointments and point of sale from home. I like the reports I am able to access. I like the online booking that is available for our customers.

Cons

I wish customers could book 2 or more appointments at same time in an easier fashion.

Great system!

Easy to customize appointments and services. Online booking is great and different log in securities are a plus.

Pros

Easy to maneuver and customize, the training sessions are great and super helpful, customer support is always quick to respond

Cons

Had issues with the second license that couldn't be worked out. Followed their instructions and spent money to have a direct line installed and it still didn't fix it.

Overall Review

overall is a great software, its easy to work with. but, when it crashes.. it crashes!!

Pros

Easy to learn and understand, confirmation text with clients.

Cons

Help desk, we wish it was quicker to get a hold of an agent.