Shortcuts Logo

Shortcuts

Management tool for salons, beauty, spas, and barbershops.

Shortcuts Reviews - Page 4

Good software - Parent company is poor.

Originally when independent they were a good company to work with. Jonas has changed this and they are not they same company. Disappointing.

Pros

It's a fairly easy to use appointment system with some good features, albeit a rather dated configuration. Reports are good and system is capable of handling multi sites, although additional licences are needed.

Cons

Since Shortcuts was bought out by Jonas, the support, software and general feel of the company has declined. They are very contract focused, with long contracts. Hardware is expensive to buy and it still requires the software to be loaded onto the computer, instead of cloud based like many newer systems. They have lots of 'bolt ons' to regular fees, ramping up the monthly costs. additional licences are needed for additional terminals or remote access, again increasing costs.

Easy to learn and use

It was simply to use and easier to get staff to use it quicker. Training was minimal.

Pros

Features are not as robust as other POS systems, so manuevering around is quite simple. It is easy to learn.

Cons

Features are limited, therefore we cannot get everything running the way we wanted. We had to do some workarounds to get the software where we wanted it to be. Some reports we wanted are not available.

Horrible customer support and business practices

When trying to sell the product they are super nice. But don’t be fooled. They have horrible business practices and are only the there to milk you for as much money as possible. There are so many better alternatives to this software for much more competitive prices.

Pros

Reports. Software was able to generate reports for different aspects of business

Cons

Booking system is archaic and online booking is even worse

Extremely disappointing, clunky & outdated

Pros

So pared to other software there was minimal positives. Only our designated account manager.

Cons

and is something we are constantly apologizing to our clients for. We would to Shortcuts advise to listen to your clients more and actually attempt to improve your software to stay relevant within the current climate.

Good program

Pros

Easy to use when you get its logics and learn where what located.

Cons

Many functions are not intuitive such as minimizing program window...

SHORTCUTS IS VERY USER FRIENDLY AND PRODUCES EXTRA INCOME

I WOULD AND DO RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANY SALON OWNER THAT I KNOW..ALSO, MAKE SURE ERIC, ANGEL AND ERICA STAY...FOREVER....GIVE THEM A BONUS AS A MATTER OF FACT, OR A RAISE, OR AT LEAST A BOX OF COOKIES.

Pros

EASE OF USE, GREAT SUPPORT, 24/7 SUPPORT. THE STAFF IS VERY FRIENDLY AND KNOWLEDABLE. ERIC, ANGEL AND ERICA ABSOLUTELY GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. ALL BUSINESSES SHOULD HAVE EMPLOYEES LIKE THEM. THE ONLINE BOOK, SET AND FORGET, AND TEXTME ARE GREAT FEATURES THAT NOT ONLY TIME AND MONEY SAVERS, BUT ALSO REVENUE PRODUCERS. SET AND FORGET KEEPS US IN THE CLIENTS MIND ALL THE TIME WITHOUT WASTING 1 SECOND OF MY TIME. JUST SET THE PARAMETERS AND IT MAKES MONEY FOR YOU.

Cons

ALTHOUGH SET AND FORGET IS EXCELLENT, THE SETUP COULD BE MORE USER FRIENDLY..ALSO WOULD LIKE TO CUSTOMIZE SOME REPORTS

beauty salon

it’s great

Pros

easy to use and keep up with numbers for the year

Cons

remembering how to use everything taught

The Worst Company to do business with

I wish I didn't have to fill in any stars. In all my years of working with software companies Shortcuts is the worst in customer service. All they were interested in was to get my business at the risk of not being truthful about supporting my operations. It wasn't until I got my training did I learn that they could not configure the software to meet my needs, after the sales team and the scheduler...

Cons

First of all, we want to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your review, and the comments from all our customers, is incredibly important to us. We currently specialize in software for salons, spas, barbershops and cosmetology schools. Unfortunately, as a salt cave, we may not have been the best fit for your unique business model. We did raise this at the outset, however we apologize if you feel we could have communicated this more effectively. We want all our customers to be happy, and will be reviewing your case as we continue to improve our communication moving forward.

a cut above hair studio review

the only thing i would like to see is an additional time schedule on the other side of the computer screen...for easier appointment scheduling for stylists whose column is on that side

Pros

i was very reluctant to commit to a new software program for my salon...i did not want to give up our appointment book that we have used for so may years...i just didnt think it would be that much better for us to go thru the learning process... i admit, we moved VERY slowly and implemented everything on jan 1. it has been so great..i am amazed at how much i like it.. so professional, so organized, and so much better than before (yes, even better than our old appointment book!) thank god everyone at shortcuts was so patient with me..

Cons

do not have any cons

Shortcuts review

Can't work cheaper without it. I wish they would make the payroll commissions more flexible. It would save me time adjusting the staffs hours each pay day.

Pros

Simple to use. It does the marketing for you too now. You can lock the staff out of doing dumb stuff and also see it from home when you want. The computer layout is like the book, cards and cash register. No annoying buttons to bother you. Its a Touch screen - you hardly have to look at it to check someone out and book appointments you can just do it Easy while your chatting. I LOVE IT. It tells you everything in the reports that is going on

Cons

It cost a lot to get the software. We have had to buy it three times (for our three shops) - We wouldn't consider running without it though. That would be worse.

THE BEST SERVICE EVER!

I cannot tell you how amazing SC is! From the ease of use by our staff to the support team at the head office. The wait times are minimal, the issue is always corrected and they have support 24/7! I did do some shopping around awhile back and had the worst experience with another software company that promised the world and delivered nothing. Needless to say I came crawling back to SC. We have them in all 5 locations and the team they have are long term employees (this says allot about a company) when we reach out for support its like talking to family. The company's vison and views are on point! There is no one better out there!

Cons

Thank you so much Luba. Your kind words mean a lot to our team. Thank you for your business and partnership over the years! Great to have you in the Shortcuts family.

Find another... Worst customer service ever & heavily overpriced.

Pros

Pretty easy to use and good functionality

Cons

The cost far outweighed the viability of product and for $200+ per month. Far better software for much much cheaper.

Shortcuts Salon Management Software

Pros

Very powerful with good reporting and great customer support.

Cons

Some of the navigation is cumbersome, occasional bugs, customer reviews are directed to mylocalsalon rather than Google, not all features are available via cloud.

Bad

Never recommend

Pros

Nothing worked well. Always glitches and terrible online access 9/10 times unable to access Patient double booking and no help from the staff Customer service not great and couldn’t care less

Cons

Everything is a hassle Support is so difficult Definitely changing that system and would not recommend to anyone

Shortcuts Live!

I absolutely love shortcuts live! I really don't know what I did before December. Booking clients in , cashing up , the app , the clients emails ect. Clients have all been so impressed with how professional we look! I will continue to use and highly reccomend to everyone thank you

Pros

How easy it is for us to use and clients! It's made our salon lives so much easier!

Cons

That I didn't find it sooner ! It's amazing!

Excellent!

I highly recommend this software for any upscale, high-end Salon & Spa businesses.

Pros

We are very pleased with the system! It is easy to operate and the touch screen we opted for has made it easy to use.Text Messaging to confirm our clients appointments has made it less time consuming for our receptionists, saved us money each month, and has opened up our phone lines. Not to mention the customers love it! The other bonus is all the access it gives to the owners. It i has been helpful with growing our salon as far as marketing is concerned.

Cons

The client card has some personal information on it that not all customers feel freely to answer.

easy to incorporate

the program itself is easy to use.

Pros

super easy to incorporate into the salon. now that we have ben using it for a couple of months we are getting the benefits of the program. i really like eric who has helped us a lot, without the special attention it would have taken us much longer to figure out.

Cons

the initial training was too fast. even with myself my business partner and two managers none of us could really do anything but make a basic appointment. so we tried to use the manual which was hard to decipher. that part was a bit frustrating and i kept feeling like i was loosing my staff's interest in the change over.

Opportunity

It’s user friendly.

Pros

Ease of use. Train staff quickly. The reports are also solid.

Cons

It has many bugs that kicks off Online Booking for whatever reason and Google Booking. Our call to action is to book online. We don’t know it happens until a customer shares that our online booking is down.

Jacksonville Beach Hair Salon

Yes, shortcuts is awesome! If I were to do it all over again, I would def make the same choice!

Pros

Tech & Customer Support! Everyone at Shortcuts is very helpful and willing to spend the extra time to make sure you fully understand and get the most of their product/software. Eric has been our account rep - and he has been awesome!

Cons

Set & Forget - tho its an awesome feature, it does need to get a few kinks worked out. I'd refer to it as 1.0 version (maybe 1.5) when we wish it was a 3.0 version =) The features are really cool, it really does let you "set & forget", but it is a pain in the a** to set up.

simplicity at its best

more clients.

Pros

has to be the text message service. very useful, i find that my clients never miss an appointment when the texts are sent out.

Cons

i cant really fault the system, if i had to i would say that its annoying when clients cant book an appointment via the app once the computer is turned off.

Pros

Limited; we don’t like a lot about Shortcuts but have to use it

Cons

Crashes frequently Not user friendly Reports are antiquated

Love it!!

I would recommend this software to a small or large salon or chain. We have 5 locations and it works great. We are able to log in ang get reports from anywhere in the world.

Pros

Easy to use interface perfect for stylists and computer nivice but with the reporting capabilities that you need. Touch Screen .

Cons

When looking at a report it would be nice to change the dates/location/report requested info on the fly rather than having to start over. A summary page of data on all locations would be helpful as well. These are simply suggestions for improving the program.

review

I use it daily at the salon and I always solve my questions with the support team.

Pros

I think it is easy to use and I always can ask the support if I have any doubt.

Cons

I think it has too many options, sometimes I get lost.

Shaman helped a lot

Shaman is very patient, professional and would make a great teacher.

Pros

Great product useful. Very pleased. Thanks

Cons

Could be more reasonably priced. Thank you.

Recent experience with Short cuts

Pros

Its pretty easy to use the basic functions.The help desk is prompt and available 24hours!

Cons

You do require proper training to be able to use the various options available.