Simple Salon

Cloud Bookings Management Software for salons of all sizes

Simple Salon Reviews

Natalie N.

I liked the ease to set it up and the option for payment integrations. I liked the clean simple layout of the system and its steps.

kelli w.

Its amazing, super easy to use and super handy to have all of my records easily accessible for my account to use.

amanda d.

Cons

No click through from time page in the inline booking which can confuse customers.

Colleen W.

The only annoying part is not being able to process payments through the app. I have to go on the computer to do that.

Cathy H.

Frustrated!!

Pros

Up until last week, this software was pretty good - it met my needs as a salon owner. I have had very few dramas with it.

Cons

After I did the iOS 13.1.2 update, things have changed dramatically. The whole entering appointments screen has changed and it is now difficult and takes twice as long to enter clients into appointment book. Also, it keeps logging me out so each time I go to use it, I have to waste time logging in again. And if I make a mistake in my haste, it takes even longer.

Simple Salon user for over 5 years!

Overall I am happy, my day to day use is easy & straight forward.

Pros

General functions are easy to use, affordable and has pretty much everything I need. Easy to book and rebook clients, set up appointment reminders and add & change services.

Cons

The app doesn’t allow all functions to be performed, such as moving an appointment to a different day or time, or inputting a task without booking it as a clients appointment. I also find setting up a list to text out clients for promotions tricky at times.

Hi Sarah. Thanks very much for your review of Simple Salon. Very happy that you find it easy to use. We'd also love to help you with any functions that you might ever find tricky and are always contactable at support@simplesalon.com.au and can happily call you back to guide you over the phone. Thanks again for managing and building your business with Simple Salon.

Loyalty not necessarily rewarded

Almost four years ago, I borrowed my mother’s credit card to use for one month of my subscription. I changed it to my then new card soon after, which was charged by Simple Salon. My mother alerted me some time later to the fact that her card was still being charged also. Simple Salon don’t seem to want to take responsibility for this glitch and in reply to one of the emails I sent trying to get to...

Pros

The program is reasonably easy to work with and does prompt you to find what you are looking for in most cases.

Cons

There have been times where I have really needed to speak to a support person, but this is not an option unless you ask for a return phone call that you need to wait for. There is not a simple option for treatment packages so if someone books in for a discount package, we are required to book each treatment in separately and I have to rely on my staff to remember to apply the discount.

Hi Sarah. Thanks very much for your review. We are very happy that you found SS easy to use but apologize for any confusion which may have occurred regarding changing the credit card assigned to billing. We will be looking into this matter further in an effort to establish a more satisfactory outcome for you. Team SS.

It's great

I'm very happy with the system although I would love to be able to call customer support when something comes up rather than submitting a request.

Pros

I love the online booking system and the price is very reasonable.

Cons

I'm not at at tech savvy and some of the things on offer while easy to use I don't quite understand.

Honest user

I really like the program, super simple to use once you get the hang of everything and the help is great when you don’t know what you’re doing. I would personally fix the issues mentioned above because the old system I used (10to8) had all these functions which I do miss.

Pros

I really enjoy the simplicity of the software once you understand how to use it. I like how everything is automatic and does a lot of my job for me

Cons

I don’t like how I can’t sync up with my personal calander. This is a big feature that I miss in my old software. Countless times I have my own personal appointment or am not in salon and have booked in a client because it doesn’t show that I’m away I would like more options for messaging, for example, different messages for different services - prices, reminders etc

Simple gets the job done!

I have never had a problem in the whole 6 years.

Pros

It is very user friendly and has everything you need to run your business by the click of a button! Love it!

Cons

That it was extra for online booking option, happy it changed.

Simple salon.....as the name suggest it is really simple

I have beauty salon business and we are operating from 3 different locations. The software allows me to keep a track of sales, inventory, marketing, KPI and various other aspects of my business. It allows me to spend less time in creating different report and focus more time on my business.

Pros

Ease of use Various reports Easy to keep a track of customer Loyalty point system

Cons

I am sure the support team is working on this but at the moment you cannot customize your reports for example you cannot add a specific column in your report.

Hairdresser owner/user

Very good service when starting the program and easy to use other programs to connect to simplesalon so very handy

Pros

Main pos and appointment booking is easy

Cons

To much clicking back and forth and typing in to many specifics to get a simple answer

Simple

I like the software as it’s easy to use and has most things but the service is very poor and some functions could be improved. I except this as the price point is excellent for what I get - I don’t need too many bells and whistles but when I need support it’s not there.

Pros

Has most needs - appointments, reporting, sms and email reminders and marketing, ordering, not expensive (I’m a small salon)

Cons

Support- even if I request support I don’t receive any feedback it’s extremely bad to the point I’ve considered changing systems - but changing is hard as I can’t download all the information easily - the exported excel files are in different order. If I had better support I’d be happy. Can’t add sustainable salon - no response on how to do this Many reports are locked at 1 months - it would be great if this wasn’t locked Dashboard- not live like Kitoomba - I don’t really know how I’m doing

Hi Kylie. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a thorough review. We take your experience and comments very seriously and, while we are very happy you give four or five stars to most of the review criteria, we are especially interested in your experience with support and functionality. So much so that in the last month we have employed a new team member to focus on these very issues and are quietly confident you will see a huge improvement. While we love it when current customers recommend SS to others our main focus is on you, as a current customer, being more than satisfied. Thanks again for your very helpful feedback.

Pros

So far this system has been really good especially since i was not looking at investing a lot of money in a system as i didnt need this due to being a small operation. The help desk are always prompt in answering any questions i have.

Cons

Unfortunately since the upgrade ive had some issues however the biggest issue is that i have been locked out of my account for the past 24hrs and have no access to any of my online bookings or client details. There is also no way for me to contact anyone about this as all my emails have rebounded. Super frustrated as i dont know you i have booked in for the day let alone the next 6 weeks and no way of contacting any clients or finding out if this is being rectified

n/a

Great that it's cloud based. Always loving the updates. Love the online booking software

Pros

That it is cloud based. Easy to use. Multiple users. Good price point.

Cons

That it isn't mobile phone friendly. Sometimes confirmation SMS don't get sent out to clients so I have to constantly double check.

Hi Nicola. Thanks so much for your review of Simple Salon. We love that you love the updateswe're always in development, making sure we're growing with your needs. SMS texts issues often have sources beyond our control; we do everything at our end to make sure they are reliable but understand and totally agree with you that even one client missing one SMS is problematic. Rest assured we always find the reason and do our utmost to communicate it to you ASAP. Thanks again for being a Simple Salon user.

Simple Salon software for Hairdressing salons

I am really happy with this product and at times have been tempted to look at what else is out there.I have not found anything that is as easy to operate for my staff and gives me everything that I need. I also like the fact that Simple salon is always bringing out new features so I feel I am not being left behind.

Pros

This software is easy to use.You can access it anywhere and the online booking function is a must.The reports are easy to read and are invaluable to my staff for their KPIs. No updates to purchase and no contracts. It ticks all my boxes.

Cons

That it sometimes goes down.Unfortunately this is a universal problem not just Simple salon.I really have not experienced any down side.The help desk is awesome and the video tutorials are always their if you need them.

Great Software for starting out.

- Client information privacy policy is the best I have found in my research of salon software. - Friendly staff that were prompt in answering any questions or problems I had. - Price transparency before signing up - you know exactly what you get for what price.

Pros

Simple Salon was a great starting point and was the first software I used when opening the salon. The main draw was the great client information privacy policy. It was very easy to use once all the data was put in and the team got used to using it. I love that I was able to run the salon off an iPad, including POS, and could check my schedule on my iPhone through the app Support team and email correspondence was always fast in my experience. Never tried any pushy sales tactics or upgrades. Overall, good software for newbies and reliable.

Cons

-Online booking - Slick App was the only way clients could book online, there was no real incentive for clients to use it and i never received any bookings from it- be it new or existing clients. It has no real online presence and was an unfamiliar brand. My clients felt uncomfortable handing over personal information. From memory I believe the business only had an 30 mins from opening time to confirm...

Simple Salon Review

simple salon makes my daily life organized & sorted, I love that it does everything for you

Pros

I can access my appointments anywhere I am, I have the app on my phone, ipad & work computer. the system is the easiest one I have used. I like that it has previous history stored too.

Cons

there isn't much I don't like about simple salon but an upgrade would be good, give the whole system a makeover

Easy to use softwear

Have had no problems at all the team is always on hand for anything that we need

Pros

I have been using it for over 8 years simple to use and value for money does it all and the back up is great would not even think of using anything else Rochelle Fisher

Cons

all good we have had no problems since we started and good that they have videos if you need to find out something

Hair salon software

Very good, effectient and a great software

Pros

We’ve been very pleased with the simple salon software. It’s been easy to use, fast and very reliable.

Cons

We are hoping the online booking system will take into consideration ‘ processing times ‘ for clients colours

Impressed

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use. I am not tech savvy but I have 100% used this software with ease. the customer support is really easy and always available

Cons

I cant really think of anything I don't like.

The simplest salon software ever

I don’t use a lot of the features, as I am a sole operator I really don’t need to but it is easy to use, simple to pull up reports and I may one day use online bookings.

Pros

It’s ease of use, simplicity and value for money

Cons

That I couldn’t change back to 15 min segments from the 10 min segments. This is why I do not use online booking or your SMS or email service for reminders (I use my own SMS on my phone) I book by 15 min segments if it were in 5 minute segments it would work perfectly.

Hi Kay. Thanks so much for your 10/10 review! As we continually develop features to make sure we're doing all we can to help you grow your business we really appreciate the positive feedback, as well as you sharing your experience.

Simple Salon Review

I would like to see it be a bit easier to double book and never to crash again and I would think about recommending to other people

Pros

That I can use it on my phone

Cons

There has been 2 crashes and I was unable to see any appointments and one of the times was very close to Christmas the busiest time of the year Iv been paying for 2 columns because it’s to hard to use the double book feature It won’t let me double book where I need to.

Easy enough to use

we use it on a very basic level, it has so much more potential than what we utilise it for

Pros

it was easily customisable when first staring out with the software.

Cons

Some commands are difficult with a lot of steps to set up appointments. some of our development needs are not supported.

Great salon software

It’s easy to see the day to day running and keep track of earnings making eofy easy!

Pros

It’s very easy to use and has everything I need plus more!

Cons

Not many complaints. I wish the sms reminders were free, like some other salon softwares

Simple to use

The online option has been great as for my business, people from 20-45 book online all the time. The option of just choosing cupping as a service title is an issue rather than specifically titled to what I am providing. However, I enjoy using the program as I can book anyone anywhere at anytime.

Pros

The software is simple to set up and use once the products and services are organised.

Cons

As for the wellness sector there isn't enough options for online bookings. I can only have 'cupping' as an option. I think if this can change or suit the users where they choose the options they provide that would be better for clients.

Amanda

They are always helpful and easy to get in contact with.

Pros

It’s extremely user friendly and affordable, the tech support is great. The team are always happy to help and there isn’t any extra frees for getting problems solved

Cons

I actually don’t really have any complaints

First time using salon software

I just wasn't collecting useful data prior to signing up. I can see at a glance how we are performing for a set period and compare to past periods. I know theres more features it has to offer that i still need to utilise. Overall very happy.

Pros

It was simple setting up, I love the reports you're able to generate and I find the online help topics really useful.

Cons

It would be great if I could integrate my eftpos machine to make pos quicker and less chance of human error.

Perfect all in one program

It keeps my appointments, acts as a point of sale, tracks my inventory and allows me to maintain a mailing list.

Pros

Ease of use. Functionality. The program is perfect for running any size salon.

Cons

No complaints. It does everything I need it to do.