SiteLink Web Edition Logo

Online self-storage management software solution

SiteLink Web Edition Reviews

Suggested alternatives

yardi-breeze
self-storage-software
rent-manager

Our rep in technical support has been awesome. Very patient and is a great communicator to someone who is not computer knowledgeable.
It was a very good experience. Customer support representative was very helpful and took his time making sure I understood how to use the management program to best suit my needs for our facility.
It offers very detailed reports that are useful on a daily basis. The program itself is very easy to use and we have had great success with the Customer Service team.
If you are not familiar with the software, can be very frustrating to set it up.
There seems to be a lag at times. We have over 1000 units so it may have trouble working through that amount of data.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Pretty easy program to navigate. Very comprehensive.

I am easily able to track, manage and report the daily activities of our property.

Pros

This is a good property management program. It tracks pretty much any information that I need to provide to the owner in order to keep him up to date on his property and how he stands financially. Most day to day functions I find to be efficient and simple to master.

Cons

The only con that comes to mind is that reversing payments etc can be cumbersome but manageable after some practice.

Thanks for mentioning tracking and reports! It¿s the perfect way to step back and take a look at your business and make sure goals are achieved and your business is moving in the direction you want it to. SiteLink reports are based on input from accountants, auditors, lenders and the guidance of customers like you. As a result, they are often considered the ¿industry standard¿ for thorough, high-level analysis. Glad you¿ve discovered the power of SiteLink reports! And yes, some functions like a payment reversal may take some practice but we're happy to hear you're getting more comfortable with the process.

CR

Claudia R.

Sitelink allows us to get the job done both efficiently and effectively.

Helps me manage my facility with ease.

Pros

It is very user friendly and our new employees are able to catch on fairly quickly especially with Sitelinks training function which makes our training on the software a breeze. Leads are also very easy to track and this helps us convert more of them into actual rentals.

Cons

Speed. Because it is web based we are at times at the mercy of bad internet speeds. Updates are not user friendly. We would also like to know what are the updates or changes to the software with every update Sitelink runs so we have a better idea of what the updates are actually for. Also when using the search on corporate control I often have trouble finding some of the accounts when I use the search queue. It pulls a ton of old moved out accounts and i have to use more information to narrow my search and pull current primary accounts. It also often takes way too long to launch Sitelink from corporate control in order to access a customer account in more detail.

Thank you Claudia for the feedback and mentioning your positive experiences with the free SiteLink Certified Professional training program and our Lead to Lease workflow! We understand having to rely on Internet speed can be frustrating. To minimize problems, we use top-tier data centers that are widely known for consistently fast response times, documented 99.997% server uptime and overall reliability....

JR

Jen R.

Packaging and Containers, 1-10 employees

Extremely Difficult to Learn

It works well with portable storage needs.

Pros

The software is nice because it is customized to our specific industry. Portable storage is not like traditional storage and our software needs to be set-up differently. SiteLink works well for what we need.

Cons

It is extremely difficult to use! It is difficult to set-up and customize as well. Everything about it is just difficult and not user friendly. We have to use SiteLink since it is partnered with our franchise. The cost per month is pretty hefty compared to what you get as well. If you are looking for a software for your storage facility, your hands are pretty tied. WebSelfStorage is a mess (currently) and SiteLink is just as difficult. If you had to choose your poison, there's a lot more potential with WebSelfStorage and you'd be better off going with them.

Hi Jen, We regret of the many Go Minis franchisees you seem to struggle. We have worked with Go Minis and other mobile storage operators for years on optimizing features specifically for portable storage. Portable storage is very different from self-storage. Business rules like scheduling, pick up, deliveries etc are not only complex but don't exist in self-storage. We have to offer those features...

WR

Wendell R.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Sitelink has been our trusted partner in success

Without Sitelink we would have gotten sloppy with tenant records, gate codes, etc. Sitelink provides a common sense place for all of the information pieces. This has been especially helpful. The integrations and partnerships from the Sitelink Marketplace has made it much less time consuming to find and execute these additional services. Without these pre-vetted solutions i would have had trouble finding the right vendors. I have used only Sitelink partners and have only made one change in the 10 years which was to switch credit card processing to Sitelink Merchant Services.

Pros

Easy to learn and covers all of the bases. Very tight package, with vetted integrations and few bugs. Almost never have issues. Reminds me of the Apple ecosystem in its simplicity and reliability. Also I understand that the way they have built the server/pc standalone client/ and web client is the most reliable/secure. I simply wouldn't trust to do business with a web only version, because most of our issues over the years have been internet short outages. My manager started using Sitelink in 2007 had only used a computer in a very limited basis. She was able to rent units and do basic functions on day one. My appreciation to the Sitelink Team!

Cons

The only thing i'm going to say is a pro as well as a con. The price seems like alot sometimes when i think of the free or low cost options. HOWEVER; Sitelink has maintained a fixed price for us i'm going to say since we upgraded to the Web version. I believe this was 5-6 years ago. Most recently they even lowered the monthly fee thru the bundled promotion. The biggest thing is this, all of the integrations,...

"What a wonderful testimony Wendell, thank you! You hit on a key point sometimes overlooked by those shopping for self-storage software–properly implemented, feature-rich software should help bring in substantially more revenue than its cost. Increased efficiency, automation, reminders, revenue management, detailed reporting and Customer Relationship Management are just a few of the features that make...

Banking, 51-200 employees

Amazing Software!

Sitelink helps you easily and effectively run your facility. And monitor at any point in time what you need to do to keep improving.

Pros

I like the fact the there are so many other companies that integrate with this software. This means you can add tons of features of your choosing very easily!! The task list is also a HUGE help in running my facility. It keeps me up to date on everything I need to do!

Cons

The technical support is great at times and horrible at others. Some of the people are just very rude and act like you're bothering them. I feel like for the amount I pay for the software I should get top notch customer service.

Thank you for the review! Offering choice and flexibility to our customers is one of our top priorities, and our list of integration options continues to grow. Have you seen our new Ancillary Services category in the Marketplace? As the self-storage landscape evolves, we continue to add exciting new opportunities for our customers to investigate ¿ you can choose what works for your business. We...

LD

Lorinda D.

Easy program that has some room to grow. Condensing buttons instead of having multiple avenues for

Pros

The ease of use. The program is very easyto learn and gives the user many options. The lead to lease offers many ways to track sales leads. The reports offer many ways to track and grow your business.

Cons

Multiple buttons that do the same functions. Condense and minimize to streamline the program. Offer a training mode so a new employee can actually do tasks in real time.

Thank you for the comments. We have a great new training program, "SiteLink Certified Professional." It's great for training long-time staff AND applicants and new employees alike. We launched it less than a year ago to rave reviews. In some cases, we deliberately offer multiple ways to accomplish the same task, such as taking a payment. Example: you can enter payments from the button- or menu-driven...

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Multi Facitated Functionality

Overall system is very robust. Allows for lots of customization which is incredibly helpful, especially for reporting. Once you understand how the system works you're golden.

Pros

Multi lever User Management Permission settings for each level of user Auto respond features Ability to use for billing, reservations & reports in one location.

Cons

Layout . Combersomb and hard to navigate Presentation is a bit confusing after logging in. If you don't know where you need to be you'll spend hours searching. No clear direction for various tasks .

Thank you for your comments. It sounds like the system does what it's supposed to, and then some. User confidence, or robustness as you mentioned -thank you!- has been key to our clients' success. We have applied customer feedback from our more than 14,000 users to build the most intuitive, easy-to-use interface. For example, we avoid drop down menus and clearly label options on the home screen...

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Best operating system I have used

Pros

Ease of use, continual updates,continual education, video tutorials are excellent,customer service is good

Cons

Some times slow in updates,sometimes server is slow over all better than programs I have used in the past

Thank you for your kind words. We encourage you to call in to our customer support line if you are experiencing slow responses. We often are able to identity local issues that are slowing things down overall. Thanks again!

CA

Chasity A.

I have used 2 other tenant systems and Sitelink is the best.

Pros

Being able to use the system on the pc, laptop, tablet and phone makes it very flexible. Using MyHub when I'm working off site is extremely convenient. I love all the reports that are available.

Cons

A daily option on MyHub is needed. My only complaint is I have to be in the office at the PC to do a daily close. Not all options are available on MyHub.

Glad you discovered the convenience of myHub, and thank you for the review! Have you tried the new 3D Map and background auto-billing, just launched for myHub? Complete move-ins, view tenant info and much more right from the map. Add it to your website too (coming soon). Process credit cards, invoices while you work on other tasks. We continue to roll out features at a fast pace, expect more in the coming months.

Insurance,

Used monthly for 2+ years

This is the best storage unit management software I have ever used.

Pros

The user interface is fun and simple. I love the accounts section that houses your tenants information and payment history. And easy invoicing.

Cons

The software has seen a lot of advancements going to the online platform, but now it is a subscription and some users have found that to be unappealing.

Thank you! We are glad you like the SiteLink system. It seems our cloud system and our rapid development of new features have helped you manage your operation, improve collections. Leading applications today are cloud based and delivered as SaaS, or Software as a Service, with monthly or annual subscriptions. Owners of the more than 12,000 self storage locations on SiteLink today - and those we...

FP

Frances P.

201-500 employees

AWSOME, POSSUM

My name is Frances, manager of 325 unit facility. I wasn't to happy changing from site link stand alone to web edition. I was always rushing cause seems like the 1st of the month was tomorrow, that meant that I had to spend 2.5 hrs running credit cards, whether it was my day off (Sunday) credit cards had to be processed. 2 part tickets were cut and file, (don't have to do that anymore, don't have...

Pros

The credit card process I like the most cause I have the time I needed to do other stuff, with out a maintenance man on the 1st it was awful.

Cons

Give a credit when customer has zero balance, or maybe I don't know how.

Hi Frances, Thank you for the kind words. Sebastian is one of 6 sales people who are not "typical" sales. Sales has to know the program inside and out, not just "sell" it. Every person here worked in technical support when they first started at SiteLink. Everyone here has to know our product. I am glad you see the faster operation and added features of Web Edition, vs the older PC-based SiteLink....

RK

Ron K.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Price point

Pros

I have used Sitelink since December 2010. I have been very pleased with the product and tech support. Tech support is fantastic.

Cons

Sitelink was purchased by Sparefoot. I knew when that announcement was made the price would go up. And so it did. They have approached my price point. I'll be looking at other providers. There has also been problems with technical issues since Sparefoot purchased the company.

Hi Ron, thank you for the feedback. Customer support is our top priority, we are glad you have found value in our product and the support you receive. The decision to increase subscriptions was not unduly influenced by SpareFoot. SiteLink was going to increase rates with or without the acquisition in order to maintain the level of support and grow the features and services you receive. SiteLink offers...

MW

Monica W.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Run and choose another provider

Customer service is horrible, the worst I have ever experienced in my 20+ years of owning businesses. This week, we were forced to move to their merchant services platform and we have had issue after issue. We cannot process some credit cards, we cannot refund amounts due to our customers, it is a nightmare. I would have hoped the functionality would improve but it just gets worse as sitelink continues to buy more companies and adds on more features for them to make more money. Meanwhile, their customers all suffer.

Pros

Functional for self storage , key features are there for the storage industry

MD

Michelle D.

Overall I LOVE Site Link. I would highly recommend to anyone in the self storage industry.

Makes my job so much easier than our old software did. I'm able to help customers wherever I am not just in the office sitting at the desk.

Pros

I love that it's ever evolving meaning it just keeps getting better and better. The team takes the suggestions and implements them in their updates. I love that Site Link is moving to a complete web edition.

Cons

I would like for it to communicate with the kiosks better. I would like to be able to use the same eSign rental agreement we use at the kiosk. I would also like the discounts and specials to work better with the kiosk. I would like to see a eSign link available in all the email forms. We currently have to copy and paste as needed when using predefined messages.

Thank you so much! Give us a call to show you how to add SiteLink eSign features to any and all forms. SiteLink eSign is very different from other systems. You can add electronic signature features to any form you email or present to tenants to sign in your store, including credit card receipts with SiteLink Merchant Services. More than 6,000 operators are now offering rentals and reservations with SiteLink on their website. Many include electronic leases and signature capture with online rentals. As for SiteLink eSign leases on the INSOMNIAC Kiosk: we are working with INSOMNIAC to add SiteLink eSign leases but you might give them a call and remind them how much that feature would help you. Ball's in their court. Thank you! Team SiteLink

MC

March C.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Superior Product

Been in the industry for 17 years now and we've never used anything other than SiteLink and never will.

Pros

Ease of use and conveyance of reporting. Easy to decipher information and trends.

Cons

That it doesn't have a more detailed revenue management component. Would like to be able to drill down further and have more dynamic pricing model where I could adjust rates daily or even hourly without having to conduct it manually on my own. That is where the industry's yield management is headed. In fact, it's already there with the REITS.

Thank you! Limitless options exist for revenue management. SiteLink strikes a balance between an overwhelming number of features and ease of use. Fact: more owners use SiteLink vs. any other revenue management system. SiteLink's revenue management, aka Price Optimizer, adjusts prices in real time already, even on your website. Just like REITs do. The SiteLink API lets you adjust prices instantly and...

DM

Dona M.

customer since 2000

I do like it. I know I am not an expert, and there are things I do not know about. And maybe what I don't like about it I could fix if I knew more. But that means; teach me better. I did the videos in the beginning, and things have changed, and I do not have time for your Webinar no matter how hard I try. And the ones I did have been okay.

Pros

SiteLink has grown with my business from a stand-alone in 2000 to the Web Edition with the Hub today. I like checking in using my phone or laptop at home and being able to take care of simple issues without coming to the office for a customer.

Cons

Updates happen a lot, and that is a good thing. But when the changes are to the way something is done, it is hard to find out how to use the new changes. I have often called because I don't have the time to research and find the direction for the recent changes. If a link to a how-to video, or this is what we just did, came in an email after every update, it would be amazing. The other thing I do not like is the Invoices. They look like they were quickly made by someone who just doesn't care.

LH

Lea H.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

The "Hub" edition to Sitelink Web edition is a joke. Really. It has almost no functionality.

Web edition overall could be excellent software. They switched over all of their credit card processing to themselves, and it was not planned out well. It's like doing a research project to figure out the receivables as they do not generate any reports. After 24 years, we are moving on to another software that can keep up with our current computers and operating systems. If you do not plan to upgrade your computers or processors, go for it and "stay back in time."

Pros

I don't. The Hub is difficult to maneuver and has minimal features. You could not run your storage business with just the Hub features.

Cons

You can only really look up a current customer. Renting out to customers, you need to jump through hoops. You have no access to change unit costs or reach critical components required to run your business. I feel their web-based software works great, but unfortunately, Sitelink does not keep up with current computers. We switched to Macs, but you can only use the dysfunctional Hub for a Mac. We purchased two Microsoft surface pros-but one cannot be downloaded. Keep up with the times, Sitelink. You are a dinosaur.

MW

Michelle W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Love Sitelink

Saves time and links up to Blue Moon and Digigate.

Pros

Easy to use and maneuver. It's also easy to train new employees with Sitelink. The upgrade are always helpful and when needed, tech support is always helpful.

Cons

That I cannot have 2 sessions up at one time. Only one computer in office and during busy times, it would be most helpful to take a payment and move in a unit at the same time.

Glad you're happy with our software, and thanks for the great review! Many users have told us that Blue Moon integration for SiteLink eSign¿ (and also traditional) leases is one of their favorite features. Did you know that the shortcut button is great option for "multi-tasking"? Let's say for example you'd like to process a move-in on the phone, and another tenant is waiting to make a payment,...

NL

Nicholas L.

Extremely complete software

I have now used the program for over six years and there are still features that I am discovering. The software updates can be annoying when you login to a computer that has not been used for a few weeks because you are guaranteed to have to wait for an update process before you can do anything that you wanted to do. But I have not had any problems with it and customer support is extremely helpful and always available.

Pros

It’s a very thorough software that contains every feature you would possibly need.

Cons

Because it has so many features it can be a bit overwhelming. The initial learning curve is steep and learning some of the more advanced features can take some time. It also must be installed on a PC and it must be updated regularly.

Thank you for the 5-star review Nicholas! We realize SiteLink is a powerful, comprehensive program so we offer dozens of training videos and webinars on sitelink.com for help and reference, with new ones added regularly. Our SiteLink Certified Professional training and development course (training.sitelink.com), is another great resource with new modules deployed as the program grows. As you mentioned, our Customer Support team is also always ready to help. Thank you again for writing a review, and we appreciate earning your business for 6 years!

HB

Haley B.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Sitelink review

the overall look could be updated

Pros

I like how the customer service is very friendly and always helps very promptly and will give new suggestions on how to make our office life easier

Cons

The gate system will lag sometimes and customers will not be able to get into the facility and they will complain and we have to restart the system

Thank you, Haley, for mentioning our wonderful support staff. Our team, from customer support straight through to our developers take pride in offering a great customer experience. An easy to use interface and knowledgeable, friendly support staff are cornerstones of our company. If you haven't already, please call the support staff to specifically address the gate system lag. There are a number of...

RS

Russell S.

Started using Sitelink in 2007. Excellent Software

I don't need to rely on my brain to remember when rents are due or when to invoice, process credit cards or overlock units.

Pros

I "still" use the non-web based version. I like how easy the map is to configure and move units. Reports are awesome. I also use Firstdata with Sitelink, very easy to take payments and setup credit cards for autopay. As always, tech support is there to quickly handle any problems I have had with user/operator issues.

Cons

Would like to see some extra features on the map, I have 15+ acres of storage scattered every direction and it would be nice to have the ability to add roads and/or other buildings.

Thank you so much for your comments! The new map in SiteLink Web Edition actually does include tools to create drive ways, stairwells and elevators, fences, dumpsters and others. The beauty of all maps - the editor allowing you to set it up and make changes yourself, anytime. Because you like the SiteLink Merchant Services (SLMS) credit card processing in the PC-based, Windows version, you would love the reconciliation reports, single log-in feature for SiteLink and virtual terminal, and other unique features only SLMS offers. Thank you!

JK

Jessica K.

Great software overall

Pros

I like the ease of use and the accessibility. I have the web edition and I like that I can access it from multiple computers and that it updates in real time. I feel like it does a great job in terms of automatic payments and making letters and invoices as simple as pushing a button. I also like that we can customize letters and CRM schedules. When I have needed reports that were different, SiteLink customer service worked with me to make it happen.

Cons

I don't like that live customer service has such limited hours. That's the main drawback for me. There were several issues that I had initially, but we've been using SiteLink for several years now and I feel like I have most issues resolved.

Thank you for your comments Jessica, I love that you are using SiteLink to automate your business. For clarification: SiteLink's live telephone support is limited to 7:00am - 7:00pm M-F, but we offer emergency support 24/7x365. I have emailed you the contact information for our off hours support. Thanks again for the feedback we do appreciate it.

JN

John N.

Real Estate, self-employed

I do not think I would still be in the self storage business without Sitelink.

keeps me in the self storage business.... I am expanding and Sitelink is a primary cause of my success

Pros

THE TECH TEAM... knowing they are there....the remote control .... they clearly understand and explain things.... they will suggest better ways to use the software... they will help when the problem is in the setup of the customer's computer system...ALSO ... I like Sitelink getting into the credit card business .

Cons

I would like Sitelink to get into the gate control software business. This is the one area that I feel least in control

Thank you John. We are a resource for all things self-storage, not just software. SiteLink powers websites, call centers and so many other areas. I appreciate your calling on us for discussions and insights we can offer in all of these areas Clients have loved SiteLink Merchant Services for the OneSupport, the service under one roof. Our integration has helped with PCI compliance, limited integrity fees and reduced the speed to reconcile. Thank you for working with SiteLink - we consider our services more than just software but tools to help owners make money and succeed. Thank you!

GM

Geoff M.

1-10 employees

Great customer service

They have great customer service, available to talk and walk you thru problems. We have new manager on occasion and this feature saves me time.

Pros

I like the ability to plug in with other vendors for advertising, signing leases, insurance programs etc...

Cons

I would like a way to electronically file leases so we can look at them remotely in a drop box type account, then when the tenant moves out it auto files it in your moved out folder and you can set it to save the file for XXX number of years before deleting.

Thanks for that! Great news - SiteLink eSign (TM) already works the way you request! Please call us for a demo or walk-through. SiteLink stays with the tenant's file for 7 years AFTER they move out. SiteLink eSign is free and eliminates the need for other commercial products for signature capture and document storage. The Lease Audit tool is invaluable and not available with other, similar products. It gives you access too all leases and each field on every lease on one screen. See which leases are completed vs still out awaiting signatures. SiteLink eSign works at stores, for rentals by phone and online reservations and rentals. Thank you!

CR

Cathy R.

Been using for over 18 years

It was better before the merge a few years ago. Customer Service has definitely changed and not as positive. It takes days now to get help, and I am having issues with your CC processing. Some functions needs to be better.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use with some simple functions

Cons

When you transfer a past due tenant it makes them current. You don't have an Apple version. When taking a credit in the payment screen you have to process it first separately otherwise it does not keep the line you wanted the credit to be (it goes to the oldest charge first). Placing units on the maps needs a 90% rotate function before placing on the map (without reversing the length & width, in Sitelink length has to be first so this function reverses that not just change the direction on the map)