SiteLink Web Edition

Online self-storage management software solution

SiteLink Web Edition Reviews

Pros

Through out the years Sitelink has always worked on making it better and better. I would recommend Sitelink to anyone looking for a reliable self-storage software system.

Tristina V.

Easy to use, and OUTSTANDING customer support, and especially the price makes it very appealing.

Richard C.

Our rep in technical support has been awesome. Very patient and is a great communicator to someone who is not computer knowledgeable.

Tressie B.

Ron K.

If you are not familiar with the software, can be very frustrating to set it up.

Curtis H.

There seems to be a lag at times. We have over 1000 units so it may have trouble working through that amount of data.

Randi G.

Best software in the business. Very intuitive and user friendly as well as powerful.

Managing my business with best practices. Nothing else to say!

Pros

The ease of use is definitely the big draw. New employees pick up on it quickly allowing our business to continue as employees move around etc. Also the power the software has to easily attend to all the different scenarios that storage presents. The revenue management and inventory management functionality makes growing your business and reacting to market trends easy and seamless. The reporting is robust.

Cons

Having to log in after every step. Some functions need tracked but not all. Gets tedious and forces users to use minimal and not very secure log in credentials to save time.

Thank you so much! Your administrator's settings determine whether you have to log in anew each time you want to record a transaction such as a payment or move-in. Same for log in credentials: your administrator's settings determine the length of passwords and use of "strong" passwords. We recommend the latter but also use of programs to keep up with your passwords, not just for SiteLink, such as LastPass.com We do log all manager activities including payments, credits, reversals, unit size/rate/name changes and more. Let us know if we can show reports and special log files. Thank you! Team SiteLink

I use Sitelink daily, whether I'm on the office computer, home laptop, or mobile device.

Remote access to thousands of tenant accounts.

Pros

The software is regularly offering updates to keep up with the ever-changing demands of the self-storage industry. Their electronic signature feature has been incredibly helpful with generating move-ins by expanding our reach to customers that cannot physically come to our office. Their mobile friendly application has been a time saver and an on-the-go problem solver. As an administrator using the software I have the instant ability to customize the features as well as restrict/approve access to the software by others. From a users perspective, the many processes can be a little tricky to master at first but once they've been memorized the work-flow is very simple and easily executed.

Cons

The abundance of processes can be slightly overwhelming to new users. Also, the ease of alternating between screens/processes can create confusion for the user and allow for accidental incorrect implementations.

Thank you, and kudos for operating the complex business that's self-storage, which seems simple on the surface.

Shocked at all the positive reviews

Pretty dreadful experience overall. I could go into details about issues with each of the various services - website development, merchant services, PCI, etc. - but bottom line it is not really technical issues that were ever an issue - it has always been and remains to this day the tremendous lack of customer service, customer responsiveness, customer communications. Maybe it's because i'm a single facility operator, maybe it's because they are growing too quickly and are not growing their support staff quick enough... i don;t know.... but guaranteed i would not wish my user experience with Sitelink on my worst enemy.

Pros

The software is pretty robust and has a lot of really good really strong functionalities, both in terms of moving in tenants and running various reports, and inter connectivity with other adjacent software programs.

Cons

The absolute worst thing about Storable/Sitleink is their customer communications when it comes to coming up the learning curve as a new user addressing questions and resolving issues. Be prepared to spend a lot of time listened to their elevator music because if your experience is like mine you're going to spend a lot of time on hold. The organization is incredibly siloed - so most times the first...

Sitelink - Best Storage Business Software

I use sitelink on a daily basis and it is always dependable and easy to navigate.

Pros

This product was extremely easy to learn. The self help videos are very informative way of finding quick answers to issues you may have.

Cons

Can't manipulate automatic invoices. Some reports are lacking information. The multi-user refresh should be instant. Should not have to click refresh if another user has taken a payment.

SiteLink is very easy to use and streamlines all basic storage operations into simple tasks.

SiteLink aids in effortlessly running the day to day business operations that I am responsible for. It's simply amazing! I have used its layout to structure my daily activities.

Pros

It is very easy to use and walks you step by step through moving customer in and out. It divides different storage functions into easy to use sections that anyone can learn. The customer service is great and they are quickly available when called upon. Overall, I have to say that SiteLink is amazing!

Cons

The website capabilities seem to not work with most Mac users. There is also no way to do move ins online, from our website, like there are with making payments.

Hi Anatoly, thank you very much for the 5-star review! We like to hear SiteLink helps manage your day-to-day workload. We can't wait to have you try myHub, which runs on Apple products, including Safari. SiteLink introduced online rentals in 2008 and to date is the leader in websites offering reservations, rentals and even signature capture for leases. Give us a call and we will show you examples of the powerful websites our clients have created rivaling those of the REITs. Thank you again for your comments! Team SiteLink

Great Software for Self Storage business

Pros

Straight forward intuitive operations. Easy to navigate, easy to find customer information, easy to train others to use.

Cons

It is a bit dated. The software should be easier to customize for our use. There should be an index for hidden buttons and for every day use.

Thank you Ron for the review and comments. We love suggestions and feedback, that is how we grow. Please know we are rolling out new features at a rapid pace for myHub, the browser-based version of SiteLink. The new myHub runs on mobile devices and feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Have you tried it yet? There is no additional cost, simply log in with the same credentials. The data is the...

Great customer service, easy to use

Pros

Updates are quarterly - offers desktop version and online hub version. Can use the software for general use on ipad. The myhub is great for running cards.

Cons

Still working on modernizing their online portal but making great strides to catch up. Limited support on the weekends.

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to see you use the new myHub. Wait till you see the 3D map, new unit revenue management and dual billing option: starting soon, you have a choice to either auto bill automatically at midnight, or, wait to auto bill tenants in batch after doing your lock check - right through myHub! Owners love the user friendly billing menu allowing them to remove tenants (who moved out or made other arrangements for payment) from the auto bill list before processing the batch. Thank you for your kind words about our service! Our after-hours support is always available on weekends and responds within minutes to assist with pressing problems. Thank you! Team SiteLink

Great Management System

Helped us manage our customer base and increase profitability. It's easy to use so it was easy to train on.

Pros

My favorite part is the reminders section. It live updates when it's time to remove an overlock. I also really like the text messages you can send to customers when they are past due.

Cons

The updates could cause occasional crashes and they would take too long to reload while customers were in the office. The reports could be better for their breakdowns on the occupancy and marketing.

Thank you for your review and comments. SiteLink is designed to run fast - please reach out to our customer support team and they will help solve your issues with crashes and reload time. Have you tried exporting the Lead Funnel report? It breaks down a LOT of data, including marketing based on filters you can customize. We are happy to hear we helped increase profitability for your company and we wish you continued success!

Sitelink's robust software handles most of the vital operational admin tasks.

Sitelink is easy to install, use and customize. It handles so many of the admin tasks that are vital for operations and integrates seamlessly to other operational software, like our merchant services, directory listings and website. Their support team is very responsive and has helped with anything that comes up. I truly feel that I have a tech team supporting me all the time.

Pros

It's easy to learn and there are different options to complete a tasks, with lots of shortcuts built in. Integrations have worked smoothly for us.

Cons

The auction/lien process could be fine-tuned. The letters don't seem to process the way they should. Would like to add ability to upload multiple images in the tenant account for liens from a tablet or phone. Also a map in the mobile version.

Thank you for the 5-star review and the comments. We are placing the finishing touches on an amazing map feature for SiteLink myHub, the mobile platform you mentioned. We are confident you'll be pleased, look for it in the coming months.

Very User Friendly

Overall, I would recommend SiteLink to any facility operator.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use. It's very easy to train employees how to use it. I also like all the reporting that's available.

Cons

Since Sitelink merged with a parent company, they no longer support the use of 3rd party merchant services. This put us in a huge bind because we had to rush to get changed over to the new software.

Sitelink allows us to get the job done both efficiently and effectively.

Helps me manage my facility with ease.

Pros

It is very user friendly and our new employees are able to catch on fairly quickly especially with Sitelinks training function which makes our training on the software a breeze. Leads are also very easy to track and this helps us convert more of them into actual rentals.

Cons

Speed. Because it is web based we are at times at the mercy of bad internet speeds. Updates are not user friendly. We would also like to know what are the updates or changes to the software with every update Sitelink runs so we have a better idea of what the updates are actually for. Also when using the search on corporate control I often have trouble finding some of the accounts when I use the search queue. It pulls a ton of old moved out accounts and i have to use more information to narrow my search and pull current primary accounts. It also often takes way too long to launch Sitelink from corporate control in order to access a customer account in more detail.

Thank you Claudia for the feedback and mentioning your positive experiences with the free SiteLink Certified Professional training program and our Lead to Lease workflow! We understand having to rely on Internet speed can be frustrating. To minimize problems, we use top-tier data centers that are widely known for consistently fast response times, documented 99.997% server uptime and overall reliability....

Sitelink has been our trusted partner in success

Without Sitelink we would have gotten sloppy with tenant records, gate codes, etc. Sitelink provides a common sense place for all of the information pieces. This has been especially helpful. The integrations and partnerships from the Sitelink Marketplace has made it much less time consuming to find and execute these additional services. Without these pre-vetted solutions i would have had trouble finding the right vendors. I have used only Sitelink partners and have only made one change in the 10 years which was to switch credit card processing to Sitelink Merchant Services.

Pros

Easy to learn and covers all of the bases. Very tight package, with vetted integrations and few bugs. Almost never have issues. Reminds me of the Apple ecosystem in its simplicity and reliability. Also I understand that the way they have built the server/pc standalone client/ and web client is the most reliable/secure. I simply wouldn't trust to do business with a web only version, because most of our issues over the years have been internet short outages. My manager started using Sitelink in 2007 had only used a computer in a very limited basis. She was able to rent units and do basic functions on day one. My appreciation to the Sitelink Team!

Cons

The only thing i'm going to say is a pro as well as a con. The price seems like alot sometimes when i think of the free or low cost options. HOWEVER; Sitelink has maintained a fixed price for us i'm going to say since we upgraded to the Web version. I believe this was 5-6 years ago. Most recently they even lowered the monthly fee thru the bundled promotion. The biggest thing is this, all of the integrations,...

"What a wonderful testimony Wendell, thank you! You hit on a key point sometimes overlooked by those shopping for self-storage software–properly implemented, feature-rich software should help bring in substantially more revenue than its cost. Increased efficiency, automation, reminders, revenue management, detailed reporting and Customer Relationship Management are just a few of the features that make...

SL Tech Support is THE BEST & AWESOME!!!

I called in to ask basically a couple of questions on the Rent Roll report. After about 30 minutes on the phone with Customer support representative, I HAVE LEARNED A PLETHORA OF KNOWLEDGE ON HOW SITELINK REPORTING, TENANT MANAGEMENT, AND SET UP OPTIONS WORK! I AM SO EXCITED!! I AM CALLING THE OWNERS RIGHT NOW AND TELLING THEM I WANT TO HAVE A SL SPECIALIST TO TEACH ME MORE! I'M NOT TYPICALLY THIS...

Pros

USER FRIENDLY, INTUITIVE, TECH SUPPORT, THE FACT YOU HAVE A REPORTING SPECIALIST I CAN ACTUALLY CALL AND HE WILL ANSWER, AND SL'S DEDICATION TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, AS WE DO AT OUR FACILITY, LOVING THIS "PARTNERSHIP" WITH THEM!

Cons

THAT I DON'T KNOW IT ALL INSIDE AND OUT RIGHT NOW! (lol But that's NOT A SL CON) :)

Your passion is contagious, thank you! Thank you for your effort to reach out and ask questions. You can get so many ideas out of the same one report (like the Rent Roll), depending on your goal. Export it (all reports export to pdf, excel and txt) to excel to get so much more. Email reports on the fly, or schedule regular emails, and select the file type (excel, pdf, txt) There is no substitute...

AWSOME, POSSUM

My name is Frances, manager of 325 unit facility. I wasn't to happy changing from site link stand alone to web edition. I was always rushing cause seems like the 1st of the month was tomorrow, that meant that I had to spend 2.5 hrs running credit cards, whether it was my day off (Sunday) credit cards had to be processed. 2 part tickets were cut and file, (don't have to do that anymore, don't have...

Pros

The credit card process I like the most cause I have the time I needed to do other stuff, with out a maintenance man on the 1st it was awful.

Cons

Give a credit when customer has zero balance, or maybe I don't know how.

Hi Frances, Thank you for the kind words. Sebastian is one of 6 sales people who are not "typical" sales. Sales has to know the program inside and out, not just "sell" it. Every person here worked in technical support when they first started at SiteLink. Everyone here has to know our product. I am glad you see the faster operation and added features of Web Edition, vs the older PC-based SiteLink....

An Awesome Experience!

We have been using Sitelink Web Edition and Corporate Control Centre for years. When they said they had become merchant service providers, we were immediately intrigued by the idea. We thought we'd give it a try with a handful of new acquisitions, I mean - why not? We had such a positive experience that we chose to move all our merchant services to Sitelink.

Pros

The biggest advantage of using Sitelink and Sitelink Merchant Services is the seamless usage. What I mean about that is...when a transaction doesn't record properly in Sitelink, or on a tenants card, there is no ability for finger pointing between Management system and Merchant supplier, no back and forth - Sitelink just handles it. And I must say, we haven't even had any instances of that - our...

Cons

The only Con I can think of for Merchant Services is the paperwork to get through! I have to say this was a complaint of mine on our previous suppliers as well, however. Really, there is no different, but once it's all signed up - it's just a sit back and wait until the debit machines are delivered, charge them up and plug them in - it's just that easy!

Thank you so much for the comments! We are always working on reducing the application process. It does depend on the store - the first one can take longer than all subsequent ones, for example. And, our OneSupport, our in-house service for software and merchant processing under 1 roof sets up your merchant accounts in SiteLink. You no longer need to waste time doing that yourself...Thanks so much!

Happy with Web Edition

Pros

I feel like it's easy to use. Particularly the move in/move out and transfer process. I think the credit card process is easy to use too. If ever I have a problem the folks at SiteLink are always ready to help.

Cons

That it's not available on my mobile device. I think it would be beneficial to have this Web Edition available on a mobile device to be able to access when not in office.

"We appreciate the positive review Susan; thank you! SiteLink's Customer Support Representatives pride themselves on answering any question and solving any issue quickly in an upbeat, friendly manner. And because SiteLink incorporate's TeamViewer screen-sharing technology, the support team is able to remotely walk a customer through the answer using the customer's own computer. To address the Con...

First time Manager/co-owner of self storage

It takes a team to be successful. I’m glad I have SiteLink. I’m not a computer expert so all this was a challenge for me. Every time I thought I couldn’t, SiteLink taught me that I could.

Pros

SiteLink’s customer service. I don’ have to wait long to receive help with an issue. SiteLink has great teaching videos.

Cons

I have to purchase other software. I would have liked a bundle purchase under one company. Example: Sitelink, Blue Moon, Gate, Card Merchant.

Glad to hear you are using our live support; we are here to help you! Thank you Melissa for leaving us a 5 star review. To clear up a few of your concerns, SiteLink does offer bundle solutions for credit card processing through our SiteLink Merchant Services with the industry-first OneSupport delivering software and payment processing support under one roof. And while SiteLink doesn't manufacture gate...

Price point

Pros

I have used Sitelink since December 2010. I have been very pleased with the product and tech support. Tech support is fantastic.

Cons

Sitelink was purchased by Sparefoot. I knew when that announcement was made the price would go up. And so it did. They have approached my price point. I'll be looking at other providers. There has also been problems with technical issues since Sparefoot purchased the company.

Hi Ron, thank you for the feedback. Customer support is our top priority, we are glad you have found value in our product and the support you receive. The decision to increase subscriptions was not unduly influenced by SpareFoot. SiteLink was going to increase rates with or without the acquisition in order to maintain the level of support and grow the features and services you receive. SiteLink offers...

I had SiteLink stand alone, why pay for Web Edition?

As a SiteLink stand alone user for years I resisted the efforts of my sales rep to switch to Web Edition and then one day he gave me a good deal and I gave in and I have never regretted it.

Pros

The revenue management tool has helped our facility increase revenue by almost 10% in our first year of using it. The ability to automate letters, past due and auction tasks has saved us a great deal of time. We have used a variety of SiteLinks partners to give our tenants many services we never could before suck as online rentals and reservations, online payments, online account management and much more.

Cons

Some of the things you need to do are not easy to find like sending an SMS message to a tenant who is not past due and a few others. Also the screen layouts could use a touch of color they are a little on the bland side.

Thank you for your review! I am very happy you switched to Web Edition and made more money! That's the best news - and our mission. Please call us about SMS and other settings. The Reminders menu shows you automatically when to send text messages. You can send one-off texts from each tenant's Notes menu. So, you can text from a) Tasks and Letters, b) tenant Notes menu, c) CRM menu, and d) the Reprint Forms menu. Let us know if we can show you where to set up and send the text messages you envision. We use standard Windows colors and regret they are not vibrant enough for you. Our new myHub, the browser based version of the web-based SiteLink Web Edition, will have a new color scheme. It's due in Q4 2016 and will run side by side Web Edition. Thank you!

Superior Product

Been in the industry for 17 years now and we've never used anything other than SiteLink and never will.

Pros

Ease of use and conveyance of reporting. Easy to decipher information and trends.

Cons

That it doesn't have a more detailed revenue management component. Would like to be able to drill down further and have more dynamic pricing model where I could adjust rates daily or even hourly without having to conduct it manually on my own. That is where the industry's yield management is headed. In fact, it's already there with the REITS.

Thank you! Limitless options exist for revenue management. SiteLink strikes a balance between an overwhelming number of features and ease of use. Fact: more owners use SiteLink vs. any other revenue management system. SiteLink's revenue management, aka Price Optimizer, adjusts prices in real time already, even on your website. Just like REITs do. The SiteLink API lets you adjust prices instantly and...

Works for us!

With the software, it gave us a better overview of how it business was running, for years we were complacent on our occupancy and turn over numbers, but seeing it in the software and the actually reports and figures, we were no where close to it capability and definitely needed improvements and better growth. In about 2 years with company changes and the software implementation, we were able to raise our occupancy by 30%, which if course in turn increased teenie and profits.

Pros

For our company this is the first and only software we used, transforming from a manual ledger system that we used for years. We finally digitized our services about 4 years ago and let me tell you, our office lives have been so much easier!! Every dept is more in tune to what's going on at the facility without physically being there. I love that you can log on anywhere you have the software installed. From reservations, move in and outs, collections and rent recieving, our office runs very efficiently.

Cons

For us, the updates are pretty excessive, we were forced to upgrade our equipment to meet the demands if the software. The learning curve can be difficult, mostly because we never used and computers in the past, so it literally took us 400 months to set up and run smoothly since none of it info was easily integrated from another database, but it was game changer for us, nonetheless.

Since moving to SiteLink we have experience better performance over a similar competitor.

Pros

The ease of use and the Features & Funtionality is way superior than any other program I have encountered.

Cons

First is that the problems that occur after a major update has been causing everyone in the company issues with this program. I suggest better testing before roll out of an update. It appears that small changes cause bigger problems in other sections of the program that programmers are not aware that are related. Sometimes I feel that Tech support have no clue what they are doing and I know more about their software then they do.

Hi Darren, thank you for your comments. We are glad you are having a better management software experience with SiteLink over the many other options out there! Customer support is our top priority, so thank you for your input regarding updates and service. New features, once developed, are tested thoroughly by our QA staff however tweaks are sometimes needed. We communicate these enhancements to...

Very easy to use and has helped with collections with the ability to text customers

lower delinquency

Pros

being able to text customers has improved our delinquency greatly. I believe the software to have the most bells and whistles currently on the market. We were a Webselfstorage customer before then.

Cons

the texts that are sent and received are not in the system...only available through twilio. The software is very pricey compared to others and there is little to no break to use software at all stores. You would think the 2nd 3rd 4th license would be cheaper. The software can be confusing because you can process things multiple ways and some normal operations require MULTIPLE steps to complete.

We appreciate your "Comments(Benefits)" about lower delinquencies. Improving past due collections alone lets SiteLink win on price. SiteLink adds even more value when you add ACH/bank draft, revenue management, robo calling, discount management, higher reservation-to-rental conversions, service and reduced cost from training via tools such as training.sitelink.com. To compare the cost of operating...

Amazing Software!

Sitelink helps you easily and effectively run your facility. And monitor at any point in time what you need to do to keep improving.

Pros

I like the fact the there are so many other companies that integrate with this software. This means you can add tons of features of your choosing very easily!! The task list is also a HUGE help in running my facility. It keeps me up to date on everything I need to do!

Cons

The technical support is great at times and horrible at others. Some of the people are just very rude and act like you're bothering them. I feel like for the amount I pay for the software I should get top notch customer service.

Thank you for the review! Offering choice and flexibility to our customers is one of our top priorities, and our list of integration options continues to grow. Have you seen our new Ancillary Services category in the Marketplace? As the self-storage landscape evolves, we continue to add exciting new opportunities for our customers to investigate ¿ you can choose what works for your business. We...

Overall I LOVE Site Link. I would highly recommend to anyone in the self storage industry.

Makes my job so much easier than our old software did. I'm able to help customers wherever I am not just in the office sitting at the desk.

Pros

I love that it's ever evolving meaning it just keeps getting better and better. The team takes the suggestions and implements them in their updates. I love that Site Link is moving to a complete web edition.

Cons

I would like for it to communicate with the kiosks better. I would like to be able to use the same eSign rental agreement we use at the kiosk. I would also like the discounts and specials to work better with the kiosk. I would like to see a eSign link available in all the email forms. We currently have to copy and paste as needed when using predefined messages.

Thank you so much! Give us a call to show you how to add SiteLink eSign features to any and all forms. SiteLink eSign is very different from other systems. You can add electronic signature features to any form you email or present to tenants to sign in your store, including credit card receipts with SiteLink Merchant Services. More than 6,000 operators are now offering rentals and reservations with SiteLink on their website. Many include electronic leases and signature capture with online rentals. As for SiteLink eSign leases on the INSOMNIAC Kiosk: we are working with INSOMNIAC to add SiteLink eSign leases but you might give them a call and remind them how much that feature would help you. Ball's in their court. Thank you! Team SiteLink