SpotOn Reviews - Page 2

GR

GABRIELA R.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Customer support is always amazing!

Customer service representative, [sensitive content hidden], has been with me throughout this journey, always assisting me in finding solutions for specific issues. He has shown great patience and is bilingual, communicating with me in my native language. An amazing individual,[sensitive content hidden] is my go-to person for any topic my boss asks me about in Spoton. We have been traveling together for a year.

Pros

I find all the tools I use to enhance my marketing campaigns to be fantastic. I begin by sending emails, and then we implement a reward program that people can enjoy through discounts. Additionally, we have tools that allow customers to make reservations online, and a waiting list (which helps a lot on busy days) . SpotOn offers numerous benefits, including integration with Doordash, Uber Eats, and other platforms for receiving online orders, e-gift cards, and much more.

Cons

I would like to implement sending text messages to customers, also another business offers an AI to answer phone calls as a filter to connect with real customers by phone when we get a call. If we implement this, we will be the first to do so.

We appreciate your feedback, Gabriela, and want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear about your experience with our products and customer support team. We are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to better support businesses, so we've passed along your feedback on text messaging, and AI phone calls to the appropriate teams. Thank you for being a part of the SpotOn family.

Antonio R.

SpotOn POS

[sensitive content hidden] has been an invaluable resource for our restaurant business. His expertise in restaurant software and exceptional customer service has been second to none. Our payroll and reporting processes have been seamlessly integrated, and the user-friendly interface has made training a breeze. With [sensitive content hidden] help, we have been able to easily manage multiple locations and administrators. Our overall experience with [sensitive content hidden] has been nothing short of exceptional, and we highly recommend his services to any restaurant business.

Pros

Customer service, friendly usage, overall platform, integración capabilities, progressive software, Reporting.

Cons

As with any software there are multiple updates, I would like to take parts of the mavens to improve the customer experience.

Thanks for the shoutout, Antonio! Customer service is important to us, and we're glad to hear about your experience with our team. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

MC

MARIA C.

Exceptional Service from Spot On/[sensitive content hidden]

Pros

I recently had the pleasure of working with Spot On, particularly with [sensitive content hidden], and I must say, the service provided was exceptional. From the moment we inquired about their Point of Sale (POS) system, [sensitive content hidden] was attentive, knowledgeable, and went above and beyond to ensure we got the best deal possible. One of the standout aspects of our experience was the competitive...

Cons

A few months ago, we had problems with our credit card processing. They quickly found out that the software was outdated so they quickly updated it. Problem resolved.

Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to leave us a review, Maria. Customer service is important to us, and we're so happy to hear about your positive experience with our team. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

DS

Daniel S.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

[sensitive content hidden] is STELLAR

Overall things are great. The support system is much improved than it was originally. I would still suggest that the same person working on a support ticket follow it through to the end/completion. We often have 3-4 people try to help us with issues and have to repeat the problem several times to get them up to speed. We are pleased with the improvements in reliability of the system compared to a year ago this time.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] is STELLAR! We have had the great fortune of working with him over the last 6 months. He is a man of many talents. He has helped us troubleshoot and resolve some printer issues (hardware), and worked through some programming issues (software) with our integration to R365 accounting. He is always very easy to work with and quick to respond. He is willing to really dig deep and figure out our issues. We love working with him.

Cons

Early on we could tell that you were growing too fast and too big. There were lots of situations with lapse in communication and release of new features that didn't work properly. As well several times that the reporting sites when down during very busy shifts. It didn't earn a lot of trust with our teams. We really want to implement the Handheld devices for our servers and the product is completely different than the workstation. Its like teaching someone to use 2 different systems. Make them the same please. AND SOON!

We appreciate your feedback, Daniel, and want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to better support businesses, so we've passed along your feedback on our handhelds and work stations. We're glad to hear about your experience with your Restaurant Success Manager and that you've had an improved experience with our support team. Customer service is extremely important to use. Thank you for being a part of the SpotOn family, Daniel and we look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

RW

Reagan W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Wish I would've looked at reviews

I have had nothing but issues from the very moment I agreed to sign up. I was sold hard on the program as it was hard for me to make the change, and once I signed up- it was nothing but issues. At one point I just went back to my original Point of Sale and continued just making my monthly payments on the SpotOn program still trying to get my funds refunded back to me. One of the managers actually had the audacity to negotiate my refund amount with me. Then told me my previous rep had called them and told them she didn't make a mistake and that I had signed up for splitting the transaction fee with my customer? WHAT.

Pros

I thought the ease of taking a credit card as payment would be beneficial to my business. A lot of Point of Sale systems charge a transaction fee for each transaction, so to me, it should help me make things flow smoother day to day.

Cons

What I like the very least about SpotOn is the amount of missing funds that I found when I looked into my account. I had to then go spend quite a bit of time double checking everything to make sure I was getting paid. That alone was the biggest deterrent. The application, and what I found out later was their only contract, which was unfortunate because our service representative signed us up for both...

Hi Reagan, we're sorry to hear about the frustration you've experienced. It looks like we've been actively working with you on a resolution for the past week, and we look forward to getting things resolved for you as soon as possible!

YI

Yuka I.

Review from Cassava

after the learning curve it's been really amazing.

Pros

While so many POS systems may not be so super different, where SpotOn doesn't even compare is the customer service. The phone reps, email tech rep, local rep who we can see in person and have a working relationship with, it's all amazing.While so many onboarding now adays is a zoom call with a very uninterested rep or just instructions on PDF, SpotOn really makes you feel they care.

Cons

the slowness of the handheld, the way it rolls over screens makes some of us dizzy because the way it moves, and also there are some steps in handheld that we feel can be cutout. the desktop works great, but it's too bulky. we really want the desktop version on iPad. It's web base so we are puzzled to why that hasn't happened yet.

Thank you for your kind words, Yuka, and for your feedback on the handheld devices. We're glad you are happy with SpotOn support and your local rep. We are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to better support businesses.

PL

Patrick L.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Very Customizable POS System. Excellent Reporting. All features needed for success.

Reporting has been amazing and has really helped our manager stay on top of their metrics.Integrations with 7 Shifts scheduling has been a game changer.We are detailed technical people so we were able to customize many features that made sense for our restaurants. Not the prettiest UI, more like an Android but no major complaints from servers.

Pros

The Reporting is a STAR versus our experiences with other POS like CAKE, NCR/Aloha.There are alot of great features that cater to tableside service restaurants like ours.A little overwhelming but There is a custom feature for almost every different item in the restaurant. Authorizations for different roles, control of delivery services, multi-location management, modifiers, discounts. Much more robust than other services I have used (CAKE, UPSERVE/Lightspeed, NCR)

Cons

The Sales Staff was not the friendliest. The implementation team also had a very bad attititude. The job got done with both but it was a rough experience.Customer service is decent. They have been getting better over time! A few downtime issues have occurred and SpotOn does not have an offline payment processing mode.They do however, install back-up 5G LT but forgot to train our managers on how to switch over to this network quickly.

Thank you for your feedback, Patrick. We are constantly evolving our tech and services to support businesses better. We've passed this feedback to the appropriate teams on our end, but we're happy you are enjoying the Reporting feature & other capabilities.

GR

Ganesh Reddy P.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

safe place to stay spoton

SpotOn is one of the quickest developing programming and installment organizations with complete, cloud-based innovation for organizations of different kinds and sizes. Known for its quick advancement and customized help, SpotOn offers a start to finish programming and installment stage to smooth out tasks, further develop the client experience, and increment benefit. From consistent and productive...

Pros

Eatery proprietors share a large number of similar battles in overseeing and developing their organizations. Issues, for example, continuous venture level announcing, administrative center updates quickly accessible on all stations, including their internet requesting website, controlling work cost, and finance revealing. Furthermore with the combination with outsider conveyance benefits, the expense reserve funds by disposing of client mistake is ending up an enormous element. SpotOn Café gives the instruments and assets that are important for free thinkers as well as multi-chain public brands

Cons

SpotOn Eatery is a cloud-based retail location arrangement that empowers organizations to smooth out processes connected with food requesting, tableside installments, client maintenance from there, the sky is the limit. The web based requesting usefulness empowers organizations to make custom menus, acknowledge online demands and divert the request to the kitchen on an incorporated stage.

Thanks for the thoughtful review, Ganesh! We appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience with us.

LL

Lianna L.

SpotOn Delivers Peace of Mind and Profitability

Pros

Top on our list of what we like most about the SpotOn software is the ability to customize the screens and the reports to fit our needs. The ability to log in from anywhere and make changes on the go is also one of the most helpful and impactful features. The reports are easy to interpret and share. Staff timekeeping and payroll is a breeze. Our staff love the ease of the screens and how easy it is to modify items add new items or create events.

Cons

We are very pleased with this software. We have recently began using the handheld tablets and our only complaint with those was not having the ability to start a tab. However, SpotOn contacted us and said this feature was going to be implemented and asked if we would like to be part of the Beta testing for that feature. So far it is going great and we appreciate that they listen to the users and are always looking to add helpful features and updates.

Thanks for this feedback, Lianna! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying the handheld as well.

Christopher H.

Spot On Restaurant

Pros

The customer service is top notch. Every time I call in, whoever is on the other line is always ready and eager to answer any questions I may have. They also provide useful input on strategy with how to create a button, modifier or how to implement an idea I have in my head and put it to use via our POS.

Cons

The keyboard is the only negative thing with SpotOn. It's a funny joke amongst our staff at how awesome the system is top to bottom but the keyboard is the only part of SpotOn restaurant we don't understand.

Thanks for the feedback! We're sorry to hear about the keyboard--send us an email at support@spoton.com and we can look into troubleshooting that for you!

DB

Debbie B.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, Eischen's Bar and SpotOn

From the very beginning when we started using SpotOn only for credit cards we have felt valued as a customer. This value has only increased as we moved into the POS system. Our sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] made sure if he did not know the answer he investigates and found it for us during our decision making process. He was very diligent in his response and overall communications and continues to...

Pros

This was our second POS system and the anxiety of change was high. SpotOn did a great job in working with us from the menu design through install date. We are a unique restaurant that is very set in our ways. SpotOn did a great job grasping our needs and adjusting / showing which portion of their software would work for us. The software is very user friendly and was easier to adjust to than expected. SpotOn has been very prompt with any questions/requests/problems we have come across thus eliminating them.

Cons

We include taxes with our food items and the existing Daily Sale Reports breakdown as net. We have been able to adjust our reporting to accommodate and SpotOn is always working on new reports. It would also be nice to have a product mix report you can run for a specific timeframe.

This is music to our ears! We appreciate your input and value your business. Thank you for the feedback on reporting; I've reached out to your account rep to try to help find a solution to the reporting limitation you're experiencing. We look forward to finding a solution for you!

BR

BRANDY R.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

SpotOn is exactly what restaurants need!!!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with SpotOn is our sales representative and has provided excellent onsite service. Every issue and question has been answered or addressed within hours if not minutes. The customer service team has been on top of any issue that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] could not personally handle. They are timely and informative. I can't say enough good about this company and software. A true breathe of fresh air!!!

Pros

SpotOn is easy to teach, easy to use and easy to customize on the fly for our daily changing business. After using another Restaurant POS system this one is what we should have started with. Wasted a ton of money with another vendor prior to finding SpotOn. This one integrates with my Payroll company seamlessly. The online ordering platform used was ridiculously easy and provides a more polished seamless look for my company.

Cons

I have not found a con with this software. It is exactly what my business needed.

SC

Sunny C.

It really is "Spot ON"

Unfortunately, Point of sale systems are not easy. There will always be something you do get or don't like about them. Because we have a large menu with lots of customizations we had to do most of the work ourselves to set it up. But honestly it does make it so my team understands how to utilize the system which can be helpful. To be fair is is 2020 and everyone is overwhelmed so all in all I am a happy customer. The Reporting side of it is truly awesome! We have yet to use the customer loyalty part of the system but are looking to get that rolling soon.

Pros

The reporting back end of this software is amazing. We have a lot of items and modifiers so having the Spot on team be willing to work with us to nail every thing down was important.

Cons

There were quite a few glitches in the beginning and because of COVID things got lost in the mix especially with install and hardware fixes. The team is very overwhelmed and sometimes we have just not received follow up, follow through or accountability on issues. We have had a few customers complain that the OLO App. does not work on their phones. Weird glitches on some reports really set us back months which is a bummer.

NK

Nick K.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Changed the way I thought about Merchant Services!!!

Everything has been awesome. The idea of putting money into our system when ours was functional was a difficult one. But looking back it was just a matter of jumping. I haven't looked back and the money I've saved has more than offset any costs. Honestly though, the service isn't like anything I've seen from a merchant services company before. It'll be interesting to see if the other guys like Toast, Breadcrumb, etc. try to mimic their business model.

Pros

The reporting features are insane. I've been able to create custom subscriptions so that the reports that I love the most are just sent to me every Monday morning. The service is also incredible. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in with us regularly just to see how business is going and regularly offers creative ideas of how to increase revenue. It's like having a free in-house business consultant. When COVID-19 hit, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called us immediately to start walking us through ideas that have kept us open. I also love that the software is cloud-based. I've had servers call me at home with issues that I was able to fix from my couch. HIGHLY recommend!!

Cons

This is the first time that I've actually paid a subscription for POS software so that took some getting over. We had Micros/Upserve before. But once I started utilizing the features that I was paying for I could see the value. Will never go back to the old PC in the back office.

JC

Julia C.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

The best POS system I've ever used

The software is great, but the best part is the customer support! Real people that care about your business built your menu for you, do extensive menu reviews until it's 99% perfect, and then come install it and stay with you the whole first day! When you need manager or back-of-house training, they will dedicate hours to you to make sure you understand everything you need to know. And there's all kinds of cool bonuses, like the reporting app, manager app, and even social media review management!

Pros

I love that SpotOn is so intuitive and easy to use. The extensive reports are extremely helpful to gain valuable insight into your business, it comes with online ordering built-in (so you don't have to pay a 3rd party) and you can run multiple restaurants from one back office. Cloud-based means you can do all paperwork from anywhere, and the back office is extremely easy to navigate.

Cons

That more restaurants don't use it! It's annoying when I'm eating at a restaurant and it takes my waiter so long to put in orders, print checks, etc. I see them struggling and I want to go install SpotOn myself right then!

TW

Tami W.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Watch out for the sales rep

My overall experience was spot on as far as tech-support and calling them has been really good the sales guy and the fact that nobody can do anything about what was promised or how it actually worked not so good

Pros

Watch out for the sales rep - he promises you the moon in the sky and all these things and then you turn around and get the system and then charge you an nickel and dime you to death and pull money out of your account when they shouldn’t I’m still waiting for product and training. I would like to like this system but it is not complete yet

Cons

The software is not user-friendly as other systems are you really do need the training and I am really good at creating new menu items but this one here makes it all that difficult and I’m still waiting for things to be fixed

Hi Tami, I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations you've experienced during this transition. I've contacted a support manager to reach out and help walk you through any questions you have about billing, setup, or products. We apologize for these hiccups so far and hope we can help make this a more positive experience moving forward!

GT

Garland T.

SpotOn Review

Pros

As an Owner of a restaurant, I am pulled in a million directions every day. There is no room for programming menus, promos and pricing events in my day. Knowing I can reach out to [sensitive content hidden] in a moments notice to take that off my plate, frees me up to spend my limited time on higher level activities. I trust him to accomplish what I need accurately and in a timely fashion.

Cons

Cost of equipment that sits unused for months of the year due to seasonality.

Garland, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear you're getting excellent support from our team and are enjoying your SpotOn experience. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

RN

Ricardo N.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

SCAM ALERT! It is impossible to cancel the SUBSCRIPTION. CASE #01113490

Pros

I am beginning to think that the spoton company is a SCAM. I did not like anything about the comapany and its device, the device was slow to process the transactions and the other half the time it did not process the transactions at all. It has been over two months since i tried cancelling my subscription it has been impossible to cancel. One thing that has been possible is taking money out my account. Every time i called some higher up suppose to call me back but never does. I am going to report this SCAMPANY to the authorities

Cons

Ricardo, we are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced. James Clark, a member of our team, has been trying to contact you over the phone and via email. Please let us know if there's a better number or address to reach you at. You should see a refund of $25.00 for the Platform Fee pending on your bank statement today. For additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us at clientengagement@spoton.com

RB

Rachael B.

Progressive POS

In the 6 months of using Spot On I have been more than pleased with the advancement of technology for this POS system. Coming from the older time of Aloha and Micros I have never used a POS that has created such ease for daily reporting, managing sales and labor, daily employee maintenance, menu maintenance, employee on-boarding, daily projections, and future forecasting . The real time feature that allows you to instantly make changes to any platform of the system allows for no lost time which is crucial in a high volume restaurant. The support team has been excellent with a level of personal attention that has always fallen through the cracks with other POS systems.

Pros

Progressive, accurate, and efficient point of sale technology.

Cons

The fact that I can do anything remotely LOL! Only a con that if I have personal time away from the restaurant they know I can access all systems and make any daily changes or admin that needs to be done but at the same time being able to sit on a beach and to do payroll isn't so bad :)

KK

Katie K.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

I love Spoton!

Well, we modified spoton and made it our online ordering system during lockdown. It probably saved us $3k plus online ordering commissions.

Pros

Easy to use, modifications are easy, wide range of variables built in to customize to your restaurants needs.

Cons

I wish I could customize a blackout time for a specific section by day (instead of all seatings) versus editing the floorplan exceptions. Example: when I know it is going to be 100 degrees tomorrow, that I could create a blackout time, for the patio, from 430-630pm. Also, I wish we had more characters for reservation messaging. Lady, I wish we could require credit cards for Google reservations (the verification code confuses people). They think it is a confirmation code.

Thanks for your candid review, Katie! I'm really excited to share with you that we have some solutions for you. 1). Taking Deposits/Credit Card Holds through Google requires changes to the Google process, which we have not been able to do to this point. We will continue to try to get this capability through Reserve with Google. 2). Blocking reservations in a specific section during specific times...

cv

chad v.

spoton

our biggest problem was our level of customer service regarding order entry. Spot on solved a lot of these issues. Overall once Spot on was implemented and the bugs worked out it has been a great product.

Pros

The pros for our application -Being able to program a large menu and the software allowing modifications to menu items -QR code integration was huge win for customers being able to order and pay outside -Front facing displays work well and easy to use -Instacheckmate feature for seamless order entry -Overall support has been prompt with only a few glitches

Cons

Cons -We have had a few interruptions in service due to upgrade issues. I think mamangement took note that upgrades during midday rush was not a good time to upgrade systems -Gift cards require a seperate reader -it would be nice if menu modifier groups could have option displayed with the list of modifiers hiden unless the group is pressed -Has there been an update where we can retrieve speed of service reports based on the pos send time dn the order bump time

BA

Bret A.

Glad I made the switch

Exellent! Customer service has fixed all issues with one call! I never need to call back or send an email again it has saved me time and MONEY!!!

Pros

Easy to use, great customization, awesome customer service, Sales Rep delivered as promised! Backend of system is easy to use, I have more control over my stores now! Also the add on features of Reserve which I will start using soon, loyalty programs and integrations are a plus!! I love the ability to control overrides on pricing, discounts, voids all from my phone and I can be anywhere!!

Cons

So its more of an inconvenience, in order for my phone to ping for a an override I must logged on, so it becomes a slight issue! Other than that its a great system!

bm

brad m.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

VIce President

Amazing, I would say start to finish, however the communication and support has not stopped and its incredible to talk with people that want to help and make the systems the best they can be for your needs.

Pros

The implementation process was amazing allowing you to use the software for your individual needs and operations, Software helps bring all your needs under one platform, from operations to accounting, Consumer to wensite.

Cons

I have to say there really is nothing I am not happy about as it relates to the software. Working with the SpotOn team allowed us to adjust reporting, accounting and formulate into our system.

This is music to our ears! Thanks for the feedback, and we are looking forward to working together to grow your business for years to come.

nh

nicholas h.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

Spot On saved my business with top brand dropped me MID AFTERNOON for no reason. Spot on has been A+

its been great. I'm very happy with spot on and have no intentions to leave them , even if a company came along and offered .04 less, id say no.

Pros

they seamlessly took over for my previous company when they dropped me mid afternoon 4 years ago. Im loyal to spot on for that

Cons

it would be nice if they added some value added features like ability to access my money with a visa/mc, or ability to rush money to bank for small %. also, Apple Pay, contactless would be nice.

We love to hear it, Nicholas. We're happy to hear our team was able to get you up and running quickly. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

HL

Heathee L.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Switch now

Great experience from the start but I enjoy the personal touch of the techs walking me through the process and their advice etc. [sensitive content hidden] is my preferred go to if he’s available. Very helpful!

Pros

Hands on help from the rep to set and customer service throughout the whole process. Once you’re set up it’s very convenient for the employees to use and cut out all unnecessary steps

Cons

I’m really glad we switched from our previous system. We didn’t want to lose money and deal with the hassle but I’m glad we made the correct decision.

Thanks for the shoutout, Heather! Customer service is important to us, and we're happy to hear about your experience with our team. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.