SpotOn Reviews - Page 3

SW

Susan W.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Can’t believe we didn’t use them from the beginning

Every aspect of this POS is very understandable & easy. For any questions we gave customer support is always there to help. As the Accountant for this restaurant the back of the house reports & getting payroll information & fixing things is so simple & takes me half the time to do payroll compared to the old POS. New employees gave no problem learning the POS.

Pros

Everything from the process of giving them what they needed to get us started for what we needed in a POS system to the installation to their customer service & especially the easy use of the POS & getting reports!

Cons

Nothing, all questions were answered, easy process and we have everything we need.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, Susan! We really appreciate this feedback and your business. We look forward to continuing our partnership.

ts

trent s.

BEWARE!! DO NOT USE SPOTON

Will be shopping for a new system tonight. Regret every second that I trusted Jake to set up in two locations.

Pros

Nothing. I honestly cannot say one good thing about this system.

Cons

From not allowing us to start a tab with American Express to not allowing us to re adjust a tip if it was entered incorrectly.. For the system to not have a fail safe function to not allow a 1million percent tip is absurd...

Trent, this is not the experience we want you to have, and we sincerely apologize for the issues you've faced. Can you please provide us with the best phone number to reach you at clientengagement@spoton.com? We want to rectify the situation or assist with any additional concerns you may have as soon as possible.

SK

Stamatia K.

Customer Service

My overall experience is mixed feelings. However [sensitive content hidden] is our SpotOn Restaurant Success Manager and without him I probably would have had a coronary. He's such a wealth of knowledge and has made himself available to me through zoom calls. Again, without him I would have continuous heart palpitations.

Pros

I like the format of the spotOn screen. It's similar to using an app in many ways

Cons

It is not easily programmable without assistance. I refuse to call on the weekends. I don't know if the company outsources on the weekend, but I have never gotten an english speaking person on a Saturday.

This is helpful for us to know, Stamatia, and we appreciate your feedback. We’ve passed this along to the appropriate teams on our end and shared your kind words with your Restaurant Success Manager. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

BP

Ben P.

Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 employees

Premium Features and Unrivaled Transparency

SpotOn continues to be an invaluable technology partner that listens well and proactively presents innovative solutions to drive our business forward.

Pros

True, cloud POS with the flexibility to run on a myriad of different hardware devices. It just works. Low-maintenance and reliable even at high-volume restaurants. An innovative and evolving platform that adapts quickly to the changing needs of the restaurant industry. Transparent pricing with no long-term contracts. The sales and implementation teams were there every step of the way. User-friendly. Training our service teams was simple and exciting. Robust suite of features: DoorDash Drive, Waitlist/Reservation Management, Online Ordering, Marketing/Loyalty.

Cons

Would like a more robust first-party delivery module and/or more delivery integrations and more best-in-breed integrations in general.

rs

robin s.

Bar Review

Overall very user friendly.

Pros

Spot On is very easy to use. Great for training new employees to this industry.

Cons

hotline support is weak. return calls are very slow.

HP

Harshil P.

Hidden Charges

I wasn't aware of installation charges If I knew it I wouldn't have them to come and install the POS which I could do very easily. I paid $750.00 which was automatic payment taken from my bank account.

Pros

Its really great for Restaurants

Cons

Speed and easy to operate

MB

Mina B.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Great investment for your business to succeed

I LOVE IT! and i am a hard business owner to please! The entire team that i worked with from the beginning were and still hands on. Thanks to everyone

Pros

Effective and in point and has tons of options for my restaurant, customer service is outstanding, back up router is a huge plus when the Internet goes down you can still be able to operate

Cons

Closing day report need to be more clear

Thank you for your kind words, Mina, and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're proud to help support you and your business.

DR

Daniel R.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Loma Brewing Company

SpotOn has been terrific right from the beginning. I've used multiple POS and this is the best thus far

Pros

Love the ease of use, reporting, and customer service

Cons

QR code program needs review. As we move into counter service from full service structure, it needs to be easier for the guest

CW

Collin W.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Overall Great new POS system with loads of features but also bugs/issues

Overall it is an 8/10 for me. We are glad we switched, and are glad to see some of these issues being addressed. I feel in the long run, this was a good decision for us and look forward to working with them more.

Pros

Spot-On is a great POS overall and is helping our business in many ways. The reporting and back of house features are amazing. Lots of useful reports. Customer service is also great! Our rep, [sensitive content hidden] is wonderful and is always available to answer our questions!

Cons

I feel like the company and system itself is still new and has a lot of bugs and issues they need to work out. A lot of the features are amazing, but come with issues they have yet to figure out. The Cash-discounting feature is cool since it is saving us a lot of money, but it seems to wreak havoc on other functions and reporting, causing things to get confusing.

Thank you for your feedback, Collin -- we are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to support businesses better. Keep an eye on our monthly newsletter for frequent updates and improvements.

AH

Adam H.

Hard to learn

The sales man know nothing, does not have any knowledge about how to operate equipment, when asked just texts you to call support. Pushy sales man promises the world then does nothing, talking about us behind our backs to other restaurants, that I know the [sensitive content hidden].. my other pos company was night and day better, always answer my questions, phone calls, never pushed me aside to handle it on my own. Only have 1 tech guy to help with repairs and is never in the state, so I have to hook up and fix my new broken equipment, the list goes on and on.

Pros

Able to do more work from home, using own computer

Cons

Not much, the equipment is faulty, have replaced a kitchen printer, a monitor and waiting on what’s next

Adam, this is not the experience we want you to have and we apologize for the issues you've faced. We'd love to rectify this situation as soon as possible - could you please send the best phone number to reach you at to clientengagement@spoton.com? We'll have a support member reach out to you. Again, we apologize for this expereince and hope to speak with you soon.

KL

KwangHo L.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

SpotOn Review from Momoya

Very good.

Pros

Excellent remote accessibility to data, Intuitive reports and UI

Cons

Lack of third party take-out/delivery order integration, Payment processing speed.

bB

brian B.

Stands out from others

Spot on has allowed me to consolidate multiple processes into one manageable platform. I can run 90% of my financial off one program that has been tailored to my needs by the spot on crew.

Pros

It’s complete customizable dash allows you to have it your way. The ability to set reporting is also a huge plus. Once set up the way you want it, it becomes second nature and its ease of use is superb.

Cons

It took a while in the beginning to figure it all out and learn how I really wanted it set up. After the learning curve it became smooth sailing.

JH

Jeremy H.

Okay

Good setup and install

Pros

Lots of features to work with and easy setup

Cons

Don't use half the features and makes a bit more difficult.

Hi Jeremy, thanks for the feedback. We'd love to walk you through any of the features you'd like more information on. I'm reaching out with my contact information and would be happy to set you up some time with your success manager when you'd like to connect. Thank you for your business and for leaving us a review!

JT

Josh T.

RUN FROM THEM!

Worst in my 29 years of businesses, hands down, not even a close second.

Pros

Nothing, staff doesn’t like it, customer service is the worst in amy industry ive ever been in and ive owned over 100 business's in my career.

Cons

Everything! Worst service from top to bottom ive ever experienced on a consistent basis.

AS

Aaron S.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Friendly usage and great technology

I have worked with spoton for more than two years and I can tell that the terminal and software are reliable. I have never had an issue with them and whenever I have a question I contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he is there to help. I have changed a couple of things in spoton and the level of response is fast. I can highly recommend it for any small and medium business.

Pros

Friendly use for not experienced people. And availability to use on phone and computer

Cons

That is not free. I pretty much like everything from this product

NL

Nick L.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Loma Brew 'Head of Spot On'

My overall experience has been great with Spot On. I am 100% pro Spot On and would recommend it to almost anyone. The longer we've had it, the better it's gotten.

Pros

MY favorite thing about Spot On is how easy the BOH Management interface is to use. I love how I am able to adjust just about anything in seconds without having to wait on hold for an hour to adjust one menu item. Everything is pretty self explanatory, I just had to use it for a bit, but the more I use it the more I understand it.

Cons

The QR Codes have issues that other platforms seem to not have, starting tabs, glitches where people can't move to the next screen, no "guest login" option. We have an older crowd in our town and it isn't all that easy for them to use.

AV

Angela V.

Great Customer Support

We have not had any major issues. Ease of use and building menus and making changes is a great benefit. Customer service has been great.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] assisted us in making sure we were able to make our expo screen work to fit our needs. If he was not able to assist with features we wanted to be able to use, he researched how to make them work for us. [sensitive content hidden] has always been a great help with questions regarding answered quickly and made sure I was passed on to the correct person, to assist us.

Cons

The order entering screen is sometimes way more steps than it seems it should be.

We appreciate the feedback, Angela, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear about your experience with our customer support team and look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

HH

Hillary H.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Handles Heavy Volume with Ease!

When looking for a new POS, we were looking for a unicorn product that could do things we only dreamed of, and found it in SpotOn. We can integrate Loyalty, Reserve, POS, Handhelds, Credit Card Processing, Reporting and soon Online Ordering through one program! We wanted handheld devices for speed, order accuracy, and payment table side that did not take away from the guest experience and have loved the clean interface we get with SpotOn too. Our customer service experiences are second to none with extremely fast response times and a service minded team backing what we do everyday.

Pros

Speed of Service with the integration of handheld POS for servers, and lightning fast credit card processing has increased our throughput and keep us at the top of our game. BOH programming and ease of integration has made this a game changer for our team, handhelds improved accuracy and flawless guest experiences.

Cons

Does not integrate easily with scheduling software.

MH

Mark H.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

SpotOn for Independent restaurant

So far our experience has been very positive. The way the online store integrates to the POS is terrific, allowing us pinpoint control over what we sell, where and when. Adding and 86ing items is a breeze which prevents unhappy customers and the handheld units we use supplement our workflow and make us more efficient. Thew QR codes are also a timely addition to our arsenal and our customers use them for both menu exploration as well as payment and ordering.

Pros

The software is very robust. We don't use even a fraction of it's capabilities but it's great to know we have room to grow when we are ready. 24/7 tech support is a Godsend since there are always questions with any system. Knowing I can pick up the phone and speak with someone (usually within 3 minutes) and get answers is hugely important.

Cons

There is a learning curve, mostly because the system is so capable and far reaching. Occasionally, the sheer number of options proved a little daunting, but that's when speaking with a person in real time becomes so important. They are a great resource as a learning too, too.

LW

Lisa W.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

SpotOn Review

Pros

The product is very easy to navigate and user Friendly.

Cons

Gift card functionality could be more user friendly.

Thanks for this feedback, Lisa! We are still working on our gift card process but there are many improvements in the works. If you have any difficulties or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out directly to support@spoton.com. We appreciate you and your business.

Cl

Claude l.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Perfect for my growing Resturaunt business

From the rep, to the customer service and product. Qe are happy with the results

Pros

Its easy to change umutems and on board staff

Cons

A little simpler inter face for back of house changes

PM

Pete M.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

For Bella Pizza, SpotOn POS is Spot On!

From the initial consultation, to ordering, to implementation and integration the entire Process of on-boarding the SpotOn POS System has been seamless and has exceeded our expectations. In particular, I can’t say enough about the Integration Team, the Tech Support, and the Sales Support. They’ve been there 24/7 to make sure our on-boarding and integration has been smooth.

Pros

The SpotOn Software is intuitive, flexible, and easily updated in real-time. Love the marketing features and integration of 3rd Party Delivery Apps.

Cons

Honestly, we haven’t really had any problems so far.

CS

Crystal S.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Great product if you NEVER have issues!

I am not happy with this service!

Pros

At first, I liked having a dedicated account rep to help with issues. Although even she can not get customer support to do what they say when there is an issue.

Cons

If you have any issues with anything, it seems to take months to resolve if you get a resolution. The equipment is pure crap! The online dispute process it ridicules. They take your money first and you have to fight to get it back! EVERY other merchant service that I have worked with in the last 20 years lets you fight first before they take funds from your account!

Hi Crystal, we appreciate your candid feedback about SpotOn, your account representative, and our customer support. It looks like we've sent you new equipment and are actively resolving the chargeback dispute. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working hard to help make this a smoother experience moving forward!

PC

Pasquale C.

Bait and switch

Hands down the worst experience with a POS company I have ever had. There are so many options out there don’t get sold by this company.

Pros

It’s easy to and and modify new menu items.

Cons

Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced with any POS company. Implementation and set up was a complete disaster. Still haven’t gotten our training call and have now been installed almost 2 weeks. Can’t issue refunds to customers without a 3 days period which is unacceptable. And so much more.

We apologize for the trouble you've experienced. Know that we hear you, we understand your frustration, and are working to resolve the issue. We've passed this along internally and sounds like a member of our team is trying to get in contact with you.

MJ

Madison J.

Loving It

SpotOn has been easy to work with, and very helpful anytime we have questions.

Pros

I really love the ease of use for staff. our newest staff members catch on much quicker with this system than any of our past systems. The implementation process was far better than what we have experienced with other systems. They send a small team to help install and teach. They are great to work with!

Cons

So far, there hasn't been anything that I have found to dislike or needs improvement.