SpotOn Reviews - Page 4

JG

Jay G.

SpotOn Review

Overall I have enjoyed using SpotOn and learning about all the functionality.

Pros

I love the seamless integration with online ordering as well as the marketing capabilities. The BOH user interface is also fairly simplistic and allows for on-the-fly customization & implementation.

Cons

The Front-facing CC reader is almost TOO advanced for some diners and also requires a manual batch close after about 10-14 days of use.

This is music to our ears! Thank you for taking the time to rate us.

JP

Joe P.

The Best on the Market

Excellent Product and Service. Awesome all around

Pros

Service and the actual product. 24 hours a day 7 days a week

Cons

Sms Marketing messaging. Ecard notification when ecard bought to say thanks to the customer

Thank you for your feedback, Joe, and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear about your experience with our product and service. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we’re proud to help support them and the people who run them.

TF

Teri F.

Semiconductors, 11-50 employees

SpotOn is #1 choice for our POS

Excellent service and program, if they don’t offer it, just ask and they will get it.

Pros

All aspects of the service. The POS, merchant services, reservations and reporting.

Cons

Haven’t found anything wrong with SpotOn at this time.

GL

Gail L.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Nightmare from day 1

Not good.. I do not recommend!!

Pros

The virtual terminal was fairly easy to use.

Cons

We also had them develop a logo and website for us and the first logo they sent us looked like a 12 year hand drawn, shadow text of our business name. Not creative to say the least. We ended up paying someone within the company that is familiar with PhotoShop to design it. I have asked over and over to have our contact info changed and they say it's done, but reverts back to old info. Trying to cancel the service was as painful as setting up. They keep charging us even though we canceled well over a month ago.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced, Gail. I looked into your case and saw that a member of our customer service team was able to get a hold of you to help rectify the situation. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us at clientengagement@spoton.com. Again, we apologize for the trouble you've experienced.

WL

William L.

SpotOn Restaurant POS user

Great experience, even when they had a payment processing system outage that was not SpotOn's fault they issued a fair credit for sales loss. "What company does that?" Amazing ... makes you feel like they are in it for the long haul and clearly values their customers.

Pros

Cloud based. POS restaurant features, ease of use, support, reporting capabilities.

Cons

some refreshes of back office changes reflected in reporting has issues.

RG

Robert G.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Best service compared to most companies

Pros

Better rates and money saving programs along with funding availability

Cons

Have to wait over the weekend to get funding

Thank you for the feedback, Robert. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

AM

April M.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Great

Pros

It’s very user friendly and quick to learn

Cons

Items are not alphabetized on POS screen

SA

Shirley A.

POS System

We had a great experience with Spoton. [sensitive content hidden] our technician who stayed with us for 3 days was very helpful and patient with us.

Pros

The POS system was very easy to learn. Took me about 2 days to get it. Easy to and faster to close at night. Less paperwork to put away at night. My employees love it.

Cons

letters need to be bigger and bold on the receipt. Also, our delivery services like Doordash, Uber, Postmate, and Grubhub words need to be bigger on the ticket and darker.

We appreciate the feedback, Shirley! And we're glad to hear about your onboarding experience and working with our customer support team. We are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to better support businesses, so we'll pass along your feedback on bigger text on receipts. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a part of the SpotOn family!

Ariana R.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Perfect for salo.

Pros

I love the handheld device. I love that it is mobile and that you have an option to print receipt.

Cons

The loud beeping when it’s processing the card.

Thank you for your feedback, Ariana. We're happy to hear you love the handheld device. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business!

cw

carl w.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

SpotOn is RightOn

Excellent product and service. Very responsive sale rep who stops at nothing to get things done Martha Codgill

Pros

Ease of use and stability of software. Staff was able to actually operate without training.

Cons

none as software is very fast, reliable, easy to use, and stable.

Thank you for this feedback, Carl! We love to hear this and appreciate your business.

LV

Lucia V.

Design, self-employed

SpotOn payment services

Overall: I have worked with Spoton for over two years and I can tell that their technology keeps improving. I currently use the facing display and it is perfect for my loyal customers. I can provide a notch service and keep my customers engaged with Spoton’s all-around platform. [sensitive content hidden] has provided excellent customer service whenever I am in need or when I need new ideas to engage with my customers.

Pros

. Customer service is the reason why I am with Spoton, in addition to the great technology and reporting.

Cons

I would love to have equipment with dual display

Thank you for your kind words, Lucia. We are thrilled to hear you've been with us for over 2 years! Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

MB

Mourad B.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

SpotOn is a one stop solution to any restaurant operations.

We have used SpotOn for several years and we are glad we switched to cloud based versus server based POS (Aloha). Online ordering (OLO) and payments is seamless.

Pros

Flexibility, speed and reliability. Cloud based. Economical.

Cons

Nothing. It is a solid system. The company is working to improve loyalty program platform for users who need it.

We're so happy to hear you're enjoying your SpotOn experience! Thanks for leaving us this feedback.

JN

Jason N.

SpotOn in Vegas

My reps have been great. My guy who programmed my equipment was great. Install was a piece of cake. Disappointed with loyalty program, quality of website (not easy to work with). CC processing percentage just a hair over 2%.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to make adjustments and changes quickly and easily. If ever any difficulty, customer support usually helps me through it quickly.

Cons

Issues in the programming. Had an issue with my tablets where the guests tips were disappearing after swiping on unit and guest signing electronically. 9 months later the issue is still not solved.

jM

john M.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Redcoat Tavern

Overall It was great. good people helping make it come together

Pros

Ease of use with exception of of the boh

Cons

Back office is a bit bumpy, not easy to use

We appreciate your feedback, John, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please don't hesitate to reach us at support@spoton.com should you need anything. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

AZ

Amy Z.

Best POS system in 25 years

Pros

I like the user friendliness of the system. I love that training on the system was a breeze for my staff and the back of the house training was stellar and so easy to so.

Cons

Nothing yet. We have only had the system for 3 weeks, and as of today I haven't noticed any cons.

We're happy to hear about your experience, Amy, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

HA

Hussein A.

Furniture, 1-10 employees

Scan company

Terrible please stay away stick to what you have This os the worst company ever

Pros

Nothing Stay away from a terrible experience with them

Cons

They will steal your money They will scam you Stay away please They’re a nightmare They took 1100.00 from my account without my permission

Hi Hussein, we apologize for the confusion regarding your platform fees. We pride ourselves in transparent pricing and are happy to walk you through any charges that may be unclear. A member of our team has already been in touch and this should be resolved. Thank you for your patience.

AC

Alex C.

SpotOn Restaurant Review

It's been great lately now that we have an excellent rep that is there to support us. We were with Emagine POS when it first started so our company got left in the dust when SpotOn bought Emagaine. We weren't processing CC payments with SpotOn so we fell to the bottom of the barrel at that time.

Pros

It's easy to set up menu Item's and adjust screens

Cons

Finding knowledgeable support can sometimes be difficult. Having a great rep has made this a lot easier. General Support is usually a miss.

Thank you for the valuable feedback on our menu items and your sales representative! We are always looking for ways to improve your experience and continue to invest in our support staff. Please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@spoton.com if you aren't able to get the help you need.

MA

Marco A.

Great POS system

Pros

Service and user interfaces, good hardware too

Cons

Sometimes it’s hard to use the restaurant dashboard to update menu items

We love to hear it, Marco. We appreciate your feedback and are proud to support you and your business.

Aruna R.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

[sensitive content hidden] customer service is Awesome

I truly appreciate [sensitive content hidden] helping me solve issues quickly than any other person I talked to. She provided excellent customer service

Pros

I like the User interface and ease of use. I truly appreciate [sensitive content hidden] helping me solve issues quickly than any other person I talked to.

Cons

The monthly fees are getting expensive . Though I have been with spot on for more than 3 years, the monthly fees were getting higher.

Thank you for the feedback, Aruna. Customer service is important to us, and we're happy to hear about your positive experience. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Chuck I.

Spoton partnership

They have improved our business in many ways helping us grow revenue through their different programs such as loyalty and QR ordering.

Pros

I feel like they are truly a partner to my business

Cons

They had some growing pains when we first start. They were new at the time but there customer service was excellent during those times.

We love to hear it, Chuck. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

BK

Bryson K.

From Install to Support Spoton has been Terrific

Overall the experience has been incredibly positive, and I would highly recommend Spoton to any restauranteur. The exceptional bright spot for me has been the amazing help and guidance of [SENSITIVE CONTENT], she did our initial install and has been an absolute savior when it comes to quick support questions and programming. Spoton has a great employee and partner in [SENSITIVE CONTENT], I know that I personally appreciate everything she has done to make my experience with Spoton easy and amazing.

Pros

As you probably can tell by now, it is super easy to use and program. From the moment of install to the ongoing training and support, the team at SpotOn has been fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did our install and has been a valuable asset to our team as ongoing Support as well.

Cons

There is not much that I don't like. It is super easy and intuitive. The only issue we have had was when the CC processor went down for 2.5 hours one night. But even then, the Spoton team kept us updated and informed and they cam back online before the close of day.

AM

Afrim M.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

This is the one you need for business to run

Fabulous

Pros

Very simple to use it and fast to learn

Cons

Actually I like it all there is nothing that I don’t like it

TK

Thianne K.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Great experience and products

Pros

The product was easy to use and I enjoy how customizable the software is.

Cons

Integration with Dolce was not the smoothest but overtime we were able to get a handle on it

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We continue to improve and update our integrations and hope to have Dolce running even more smoothly very soon. If you have difficulties, please don't hesitate to reach out to us 24/7 at support@spoton.com for assistance.

TW

Tori W.

Great product

Pros

The system is easy to use and quick to learn. Menu items can easily be changed or added and updates instantly.

Cons

Internet is a huge issue. If you do not have great internet it is a problem. If there is a spotty connection you can not use the program at all. It usually goes out during critical and busy times. This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

I use to love Spoton but they dumped POYNT and it's trash

For 3 yrs I enjoyed Poynt Spoton. They decided to create their own and it's a disaster

Pros

Reporting is easy I like that about this producr

Cons

Support team, retention team and training support

We'd love to be able to assist you with improving your experience, but we'll need your contact information first to reach out. Please send me an email directly at clientengagement@spoton.com if you would like some extra assistance.