SpotOn Reviews - Page 7

SE

Sheila E.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

SpotOn is a highly user friendly & efficient product!

This is a product that has made us see how antiquated and inefficient our old system really was! We also have a much higher level of security with this system as we had several fraud chargebacks with our old system. Now we are secure with SpotOn!

Pros

We love the ease of use & being able to change and manage our menus, website and also have the direct online ordering to save huge $$ by customers ordering directly they use instead of a 3rd party app! The terminals are sleek and adaptable to our business needs.

Cons

A few minor bumps getting it all going, but with the exceptional customer support we are now smooth sailing!!!

CS

Cindy S.

Customer Service

When I called [sensitive content hidden] this afternoon with questions on a chargeback, he checked out what I was inquiring about and got back to me quickly with answers. He was very helpful. Before I called him I had called one of my other contacts and he saw my missed call and called me to check in. That was so thoughtful. He could have ignored it.

Pros

Cost of the advertising program is less than what I was paying before

Cons

I have not had a chance to use the advertising program but I will soon.

Thank you for the shoutout, Cindy. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

TR

Tara R.

Airport Cities VFW 10454

I love the fact that I can check on my business from my phone anywhere.

Pros

Spoton allowed us to convert from a bar to a restaurant during Covid with great ease. We are able to offer apple pay and contactless pay, that we were not able to offer before. The integration was easy and effortless during the transition of our old POS,

Cons

The only con that I have is that Spoton offers so much as far as social media marketing, delivery integration and reports that I have not had enough time to explore all that Spoton offers.

NV

Nate V.

SpotOn review

Pros

The online ordering with direct tickets to kitchen and bar is a huge advantage this system has. It had increased both revenue and efficiency.

Cons

There are a few software upgrades that are still in the works that are needed and are being worked on.

MF

Mike F.

POS

We have had a great experience so far! Training was very good!

Pros

Ease of use. Customer support very good. The training was very beneficial!

Cons

So far not much! We are going on 2 weeks now!

Thanks for the feedback, Mike! Customer service is important to us and we're happy to hear about your experience. We look forward to helping you grow your business.

VV

Valencia V.

Why I Chose 'Restaurant POS' from Spoton

I haven't had any complaints except for the front- facing customer credit card processor. It always goes down on a daily basis and it's been more of a hassle tha. A help for both me and my customers.

Pros

The system is very high tech and has many features that allows good restaurant management and has many features that helps with reporting.

Cons

The Restaurant POS may be too advanced for my small restaurant

AN

Ajay N.

SpotOn Restaurant review

So far, so good. We have some items on our wish list but no major hiccups or complaints.

Pros

The online ordering system is pretty neat; didn't have to install any apps on either customer or the storefront. Inventory management is simple and easy to maintain. The UX is expansive and our staff did not have any issues in working around a new system.

Cons

Pre-ordering and scheduling would be a great option to have. As of now it is all tied together. If the printers are not entirely hardwired and we can use bluetooth printers, then we can get other third party vendor tickets to print. Item details are great but for an operation like ours, it is too much (TMI) to maintain.

RT

Rosena T.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

SpotOn is a great product!!

With SpotOn, splitting payments became much easier and faster. Once you get used to it, it is very user friendly!

Pros

The support is a superstar. Most of the time they answer my calls in less than 2 minutes. And they are willing to stay on the line with me to provide necessary support. And our agent, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], is amazingly helpful. She's local and always there for us. Very attentive and helpful. Willing to spend her own time guiding us through issues!

Cons

The menu build out is pretty complicated if you don't attend at least 2 to 3 hours of conference call learning how to use it.

CH

Cale H.

Automotive, self-employed

Simply Horrible

Not only did this silly system cost me money in sales, but the amount of time it took to get 15% functionality was ridiculous. They were never able to get my services into the pos system. This means scheduling appointments was inaccurate.

Pros

Low merchant fees for credit card processing. It's literally the only good thing.

Cons

Customer service/back-end, point of sale, scheduling, proposals (or lack there of), credit card machine, basically everything.

We apologize for the troubles you've experienced, Cale. We understand your frustration and have passed this feedback on to internal teams. Know we are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to better support businesses. If there is any additional support we can provide, please don't hesitate to call or contact us at clientengagement@spoton.com.

TL

Travis L.

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

Great for Small businesses!

Love the setup and the customer service is Excellent!

Pros

The POS system is easy to use and love being able to customize it from my computer.

Cons

I feel that the online POS and the Main POS should be connected. The receipt templates should be more customizable. Should be able to convert any transaction into a Re-Occurring transaction

Thank you for your kind words, Travis. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

MB

Marlin B.

Spot on survey 3 Notch

Overall been very pleased.

Pros

Price and customer support. Having there on wifi because our business wifi is suspect.

Cons

Wish the loan offer was more. Other company would give me larger loans

Thank you for your feedback, Marlin. We're here to work with you, for you.

TD

Trey D.

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

SpotOn

Pros

We have had great success utilizing the SpotOn Restaurant POS. Every update brings new and useful features

Cons

There is not a good customer (restaurant owner) facing audit trail of changes to the system.

Thank you for your feedback, Trey. We are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to support businesses better.

PF

Paul F.

Orioles Nest

Not good

Pros

Nothing about this system is good buyer be aware

Cons

The system goes down usually when we are busy!!!

We are sorry to hear about your struggles with the Meraki router. It sounds like Steven from our success team has been in touch and was able to help resolve this moving forward. Please reach out to him any time you need some extra support.

DF

Dennis F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

[sensitive content hidden] with SpotOn is great!

Awesome! That's all I can say!

Pros

Love SpotOn. We have had several CC processing companies in the past and they are the best by far. [sensitive content hidden] goes out of his way to answer questions and keep us up to date.

Cons

So far everything is great! Customer service, payment processing and ease of use has been GREAT!!!!

That's music to our ears, Dennis. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

DC

Dennis C.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Misrepresented capabilities and extremely poor problem resolution

Very poor. Their "experts" gave incorrect information. Set up was a nightmare. The system functionality never got to what was promised. We were promised that all POS equipment could be returned for a full refund. We returned four POS units and have still not received the refund for the fourth unit (after three months and several phone calls and emails). We were promised that the refund would be processed but it has not and now phone calls and emails are not being returned. DO NOT TRUST this company.

Pros

Certain features that were promised. Two-Tier pricing.

Cons

Functionality . Many features did not work as promised and could not be customized to meet our needs.

Dennis, we are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced. I've passed this along internally, and it looks like a member of our team has been in contact with you. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us at clientengagement@spoton.com.

TG

Thomas G.

Sportys Wing shack

Mostly acceptable what i do like most is my restaurant success manager [sensitive content hidden] is always there to modify the system for my needs

Pros

Easy to use and functional for not so tech. Savy people

Cons

Adding buttons and mods for the buttons

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we can improve and where we are most helpful!

JP

Joshua P.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Real people helping real people!

Pros

I love the ease of access of this product the most. Business people hardly have time for anything other than running their business. This software makes everything quick and easy!

Cons

Had a little bit of a hard time getting help with marketing training. Our website team was and always has been amazing. Could be our fault for not making the time to train, but other than that, all is good.

Jeff S.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

SpotOn saves the day during the pandemic

We first used it for counter service and then switched over to assigned tables.

Pros

We switched to SpotOn in Februrary 2020 just before COVID hit. When the pandemic happened we took full advantage of the ability to take online orders, and used their newest contact free ordering system. When this pandemic is over we will keep these things going.

Cons

Basically anyone already familiar with a POS can jump right in and start using SpotOn.

SH

Sandra H.

Great POS & customer service

So far has been great. Customer service is responsive and always finds an answer.

Pros

I love that it’s all cloud based so I can be home and change something and it’ll automatically update at the restaurant.

Cons

It’s a little difficult to learn which reports are where and which ones actually show what you need.

Thanks for your candid feedback. There is a bit of a learning curve with the reporting, but I've linked our help page for you to bookmark for future reference. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need more support! https://help.spoton.com/page/Restaurant-Reporting

HJ

Hayden J. P.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

5 Stars from Post Oak BBQ!!

Pros

Customer service is out of this world!! We love it!

Cons

When you 86 an item for the night I wish it would automatically become available the next service date.

BB

Beth B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Very happy I made the switch

Overall I’m very happy with the software as well as customer service and the pricing. The pricing is a lot cheaper than we were paying with clover. Very glad that we made the switch. I’ve also referred people and have received money for referrals.

Pros

I love the size and mobility of the POS system that we selected. I love the loyalty program as well as the email marketing campaign’s that we get to use now. I love how helpful and fast customer service has been as well as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who is our contact that I use locally.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like about the system is in order to use the spot on loyalty program you have to do it in the spot on app instead of the register app and the spot on app doesn’t let you use the barcode scanner so you kind and f have to make a choice if you want to scan items or use the loyalty program on the actual POS system.

BS

Billy S.

owner

the best systems and nice customers services

Pros

Ordering online was the best systems for us

Cons

i had to call the customers almost everyday about the systems

KR

Konstantin R.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

SpotOn Usage

Pros

Ease of use and interface. All the things i need are easily accessible.

Cons

Doesn't intergrade with Shopware program.

Thank you for your feedback, Konstantin. We're glad to hear you're finding everything to be intuitive and accessible. We're proud to help support you and your business.

SB

Stephen B.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Rough start

So far not great- hope it gets better . Wish they would keep all the promises made at the beginning

Pros

Too early to tell . Verses our prior system nothing

Cons

Uncoordinated and poor communication of implementation. Cancelled appointments and constant rescheduling. The have no idea of our business model/ownership and never asked.

We're sorry to hear about your experience, Stephen, and we'd love to rectify the situation as soon as possible. Can you please send the best phone number to reach you at to clientengagement@spoton.com? We'll have someone give you a call. Should any other issues occur, please don't hesitate to contact us at Support@spoton.com.

JI

Jaithan I.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Great

Always been friends and willing to help

Pros

Easy to use ... if a problem does occur it is quickly fixed and customer service is always friends and very helpful

Cons

Can't say anything bad about the company

We love to hear this! Thanks for the feedback and we appreciate your business.