Square for Retail Reviews - Page 10

Very good POS for small businesses

Pros

I recommended Square to 2 of my friends who opened retail stores because I personally use for invoicing. The ease of setup and the ability to change products online and have them update in the POS is what I liked the most.

Square for Retail

Pros

Square for retail is hands down the most user friendly retail software. Whether a customer or seller, this is the way to go!

Cons

The cons on this are incredibly minimal.

I am a new user and love it!

Best little square I can come across besides the one with square pants.

Pros

This is so awesome I simply plug In the square to my phone iPad and swipe simple as that can't believe I never had this sooner!

Cons

I haven't encountered any problems yet but we shall see I like to say its going to be problem free.

Square

Awesome. Very convenient and user friendly

Pros

Allows you to sell merchandise /beverages to those people who do not have cash on them

Cons

Clientele using the square must have tap activated on their card otherwise it wont work. Also,as the administrator you must have a head phone jack so google phones will only work if you have the extra piece.

Easy to use when there is no place for a cash register

Pros

Square is so easy to use with minimal costs. You can use it wherever there is cell coverage or wi-fi. It's easy to set up and small enough that it's no big deal to travel with, which is perfect for businesses that move around. The reporting tools are my favorite!

Cons

I have had nothing but pleasant experiences using Square for retail and as a customer.

Square for retail

Great can’t complain at all honestly. For those that have a business should give it a try

Pros

It’s a great app you can carry it anyway. It’s program that you don’t need a card machines. You put the same device attached to a tablet and your all set. You don’t need a outlet. Some business are outdoors and it’s great to have square for retail that you can move it around easily.

Cons

Love the app nothing to least dislike of the program. I mean you can carry it everywhere. What to dislike nada

Square makes on the go credit card processing easy

Pros

It's intuitive to navigate the mobile app to take credit card payments. Reporting is excellent as well as the ability to send e-receipts. No more costs of having a hand-held machine.

Cons

I don't really have a con. I suppose the per-transaction and % of each transaction fee could be lower, but Square is comparable to other companies for our volume and the app is free. If I was using it more, those costs might become more of an issue, but for a smaller company - this is perfect.

Great for Independent Contractor

Taking payment is simple with Square just swipe the card and pay the tab. It works for my business.

Pros

Square is simple to set up, easy to use, and practical for small businesses and independent contracting.

Cons

There is no way to take payment from my clients/patients that are visiting from Canada. I find we have to use PayPal or another form of payment. The fees are high.

Too many glitches in the system.

- Streamlined use - Lower level product variation searches

Pros

- Inventory accounting - lower level search function - streamlined look - ease of use at POS - clear screens

Cons

- Problems with the system tracking inventory properly - Looses saved items entered - Doesn't tell you if you have duplicate skew - Should not have to press CHARGE on the screen prior to inserting credit card - No ability to save tickets (If this is not fixed soon we will have to drop this version of software because we can't use this at the holidays) - Need images for each item on POS - Assigns random skews to items with large amounts of variations (happens when we do a bulk download)

Easy to use and great for on-the-go

Pros

I like that you can have a different square for different users. It's also easy to set up an account. Downloading the app is easy. Use this frequently to sell some of the books we had published.

Cons

I don't love that you lose some of the profits due to fees for such a simple service. Luckily the fee isn't much.

Square For Retail is a great service for small and large business owners

Pros

the ease or use its got a great interface and easy to use quickly.

Cons

i dont always have internet and it slows the process

Square for easy use

Makes it easy to make transactions on the go, wherever you are, which has been very beneficial for things like conferences.

Pros

Easy to install, easy to operate, easy to use. The ability to travel with it (and use it on your phone per say) is one of the best features.

Cons

The percentage it takes on each swipe can be cumbersome if you're a small business.

I love square

Pros

I’ve used square for almost 6 years and I love it

Cons

Nothing I wouldn’t change anything except maybe lower fees but still the best around

Quick and easy to use for small business

Sometimes the reader doesn't want to work. If you do not have good internet access the function of it does not seem to work well. I worry about fraud with this bc it is so easy to access.

Pros

Quick readers and processes payments in a fast easy convenient way for small business owners. I used it for my retail company with cash and carry.

Cons

good way to take payments

Pros

nice overall integration of the point of sale

Cons

high commission on sales is an issue other things are good though

Great Payment method

great software that you can take anywhere to received payments from patients or customers

Pros

The pros about square is that is the best app or system to take payments with credits card for your patients or customers. you can take it anywhere.

Cons

There is no cons with this method of payment

Your business is behind the times if you don't operate with Square for Retail!

Pros

I absolutely love this software! It is the best thing to happen to retail business! I've worked in retail for many years back when you had to punch in the item price by hand! This software is so easy to use and it makes it so much easier to track sales and keep a good hold on inventory. This software helps you avoid having overstock!

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this software. It has been the greatest asset to my little retail business!

Easy Payment Option!

Very good; it allows my team to take credit card transactions at trade shows

Pros

You can truly be mobile with emailed receipts that are tied to the credit card; no asking for info & wasting paper

Cons

Sometimes the reader is temperamental & you have to swipe or chip read more than once to get it to proper read.

I've used Square for my clients!

Pros

I love how intuitive everything is. I never even needed a tutorial, because I just figured everything out by poking around and learning for myself.

The Simple Way to Facilitate Transactions

It’s a great service for small retail companies and start-ups, but it’s probably not a long-term solution to co ducting transactions.

Pros

I like that it was very easy to set up and use “out of the box”. It didn’t take a lot of training to use before I was able to conduct transaction. I think it’s an ideal solution for smaller companies.

Cons

It doesn’t scale well if you are conducting a lot of transactions. There are cheaper alternatives that can be better adapted to larger retail businesses.

Easy way to increase donations!

Pros

We use this product for fundraising and raffle ticket sales. Its a great option when people are short of cash.

Cons

I had a hard time setting it up at first.

Great way to make payment

Pros

I like when retailers use this product as it makes it easy to track payment

Cons

I have not run into any issues with using this.

Square for Retail Review

Pros

I like the convenience of being able to pay for things on the go using this software on mobile phone.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about it in my opinion.

My Review

It's been a great experience. I was able to implement it easily.

Pros

Square is easy to use and super simple to learn. It doesn't take long to set up at all, and transactions can be completed easily

Cons

Honestly, not really anything. I don't have any complaints about setting up or using this software..

Easy quick payments for minimal fuss

We find the best use for square at trade shows - i.e. in person events where we can make quick sales without carrying lots of equipment.

Pros

Square is very easy to use, with minimal set up fuss and very quick payment process. The gear itself is very smart and modern and makes traditional pdqs redundant. It keeps track of SKUs which is very useful for inventory keeping.

Cons

I would like the ability to add notes to past transactions as telling them apart can be very difficult after the fact.