Square for Retail Reviews - Page 11

Super cool

I’ve had a great experience with square and I would recommend it to anyone

Pros

The thing I like most about this is being able to accept cards on my phone with ease and not having people worried about not having cash

Cons

The software is awesome it would be nice if there wasn’t fees but we all need to make money some how lol

Everything Square’d away

Pros

I love how easy it is to use w the POS hardware they give you.

Cons

The program is a little difficult to get at first.

easy to use on your mobile for festivals where you cant use a full POS

Pros

I like that you can add products on the fly as opposed to having to contact an IT person to add products for you. It's easy to organize products and delete unnecessary ones as needed.

Cons

When processing payments, there are a lot of steps to take to process the payment, especially a cash payment. I wish it was easier for the customer to skip past the "email receipt" aspect. It feels like there are a lot of steps just to get the transaction closed out.

Fantastic online platform

Pros

So user-friendly, easy startup, and highly functional

Cons

Cannot think of any downsides to using Square

Square

Pros

First $1000 in transactions is fee free which is awesome! I like the Next day funds, Easy invoice making, And analysis of month to month transactions.

Cons

My card scanner had some issues reading cards, After they set me up with a new 1 all is good!

Square

Pros

It is very user friendly and just so quick

Cons

More detail from customers on shopping experience

Square is the original and still great mobile CC acceptance portal

Greatly positive. It can be a workhorse and simple and cheap solution for festivals, flea markets, pop up restaurants or retail shops.

Pros

Portability and ease of use. Nearly instant access to funds collected. Daily reporting. On the fly sales processed totals. Complete breakdown of sales and fees.

Cons

Not durable to the outdoor elements ie. not water resistant. Intermittent errors and failures. Device wears out quickly with heavy use.

Square for Retail

Pros

very easy to use for both myself and the customer

Cons

sometimes the chip reader didnt work but thats it

On the go sales

Pros

Square allows you to accept credit and debit cards while out and about, like at craft shows or something similar. It connects to an app on your phone where you can track purchases, sales, and more. Square also offers an online store where you can post your products.

Cons

The fees for sales are a bit steep but when taking all of the other free features into consideration, it's not a bad deal.

Great product!

I've used Square for our business' market event with great success. The addition of emailing the customer a receipt adds value, as I don't need to purchase a docket printer, and the customer will never lose the receipt (if they choose to get one). Savings all around. The charge on the contactless reader is exceptional, and very convenient that it does not require constant charge from a power source to work.

Pros

The entry price point is fantastic, as most small businesses need a point of sale system for electronic payments, but can't afford or warrant bulky bank owned EFTPOS systems. Square is an amazing alternative.

Cons

Not much to dislike here, having the contactless reader and the magnetic strip separate is a little annoying, but otherwise a great system.

Overall experience has been positive. Easy to use and no issues yet.

Pros

Easy to set up and really customizable. The docking system is really sturdy and the fact that it is wireless is helpful.

Cons

The fees are a little high but comparable to other POS software. I would like to see the fees come down.

Packed With Features

Very good. I can’t ever imagine using anything else.

Pros

Square for Retail is super easy to use and set up but surprisingly robust and packed with features. You have almost everything you need to seamlessly manage your business.

Cons

Square for Retail can run a little on the pricey side but you certainly get your moneys worth in terms of features and services it offers.

Square for Retail is the best!

I have realized it makes it very easy for someone to purchase items with Square Retail and not have to rely on cash!

Pros

Square for retails is great! It makes purchasing items from businesses and boutiques easy. I love that most booths at farmers markets have square for retail and it works awesome!

Cons

The only thing I don't like is sometimes the reader will not work and the card needs to be put in manually. Other than that its a great program

One less thing to worry about

Pros

Square helps my side business flourish by giving me options for taking payments. It's easy to use and fast.

Cons

I would like to see a more robust way for me to see my past earnings. Charts and graphs that I could use to trend.

Get for Vendor work at events

none

Pros

When I do shows and festivals, this baby hooks up to my phone and allows me to cash in on those that don't carry cash. I do wood work and food at events on the side and rack in the money with this little bad boy on my phone. It has an offline mode for when service is spotty or slow, and tracks finances allowing for easy transfer of data to my book keeping.

Cons

2-4% fees can be steep, but it not much worse than other large reliable systems. The device I use has a 3.5mm jack that has broken in my phone, but the newer models are less fragile from what I've been told.

Great product that is very easy to use.

This software is easy to use and delivered on what was promised.

Pros

So easy to use and set up. There are several options in setting up retail items. Really enjoy working with it and like all of the reporting functions.

Cons

The system lacks the ability (currently) to accept customer deposits. This is a feature that needs to be quickly added. Would also like the ability to "drill down" into some of the reports.

Waiting for it now

I can't wait to make my. Business official and use the square to collect customers payments and option my selections.

Pros

I just signed up with pure romance and will be needing this to get customers forms of Payments so products aren't lost.

Cons

I haven't got it get so once I get it I can come back and update wgat I think about the square. Im excited to try it out.

Works great

It's a good product for the most part. They are picky about what your product is though. Don't use them if you're in the gun business. They don't like that.

Pros

I like that Square is so easy to use. I can accept credit cards anywhere as long as I have my phone or tablet.

Cons

I don't like that they charge you more for putting in manual charges. Many times I had to do manual because my reader decided to not connect.

A Little Confusing

Good but needs to be dummied-down.

Pros

I set up an online shop with Weebly and the integration with Square is really easy.

Cons

I find it difficult to find the Square Dashboard. Unless you type in the search engine "square dashboard" it is impossible to find. I try Squareup.com and it takes me to my Weebly dashboard. Very confusing and frustrating

Square makes taking payments super easy.

I use square to process copay's for my clients. It allows me to get paid in the session instead of doing it later.

Pros

It is quick, secure, and simple to use. Never had any issues with this software and their processing.

Cons

Sometimes the card reader does not want to pair with my phone and I have to remove and redo the pairing. This is mostly a minor nuisance and once it is up, it works fine.

easy to use

Pros

square is great for a small store and very easy to set up

Cons

can't say much bad about it except i have had some trouble exporting data

Square

This helps to keep track of what I am selling at events. Before I used square, I would hand write my inventory and keep tally marks under what was sold. This also allows me to used credit card.

Pros

I use it mostly for events. I like that it keeps track of the inventory so I can easily keep track of what to remove my my retail store inventory.

Cons

Since I use it for events that happen annually, I wish there was a way to group my inventory for each event so that only the items that I am taking to that event shows up. I have to add and delete items each time I do a new event which is time consuming.

Great!

My over all experience was great I would recommended this platform to my friends

Pros

the interface was use to use and you really got your funds fast, so that was nice and I could use the app or use it on my PC.

Cons

I have a newer Iphone and I did not want to pay for a lighting card swiper I wish there was an option to swap out the free card swiper with a iphone lighting one.

I love square

Had no problems

Pros

I love the fact that square is available for me to use for my small buiness

Cons

Nothing I didnt find anything wrong with anything involved with this software

Easy credit transactions

Pros

It is very easy to use when it comes to charging a credit card for a purchase. It is mobile, and very small to transport. Usually works very quickly and sends receipts to customers right away.

Cons

It requires internet connection, so it cannot be used is there is poor or no network/wifi or you cannot hotspot. Fees can sometimes be pricey on the business.