Square for Retail Reviews - Page 12

Square for Retail Review

Pros

It is easy and quick to use, with a sleek design.

Cons

It should be easier to tell if your card is in all the way -the card reader or display should turn green or notify you that it is processing.

Re: Great for pay as you go sales channels

If you have a brick and morter shop this is a great solution as it is pay as you go rather than having to deal with a high upfront cost.

Pros

Loved the fact that it was low cost and pay as you go.

Cons

Did not like the fact at the time when we used this that it did not integrate with website. Now square provides that feature.

Perfect POS system for any start up

Pros

It's nice that there are no monthly fees and you only pay a small percentage per transaction. The dashboard is excellent for reviewing your sales. Another bonus is the ability to connect directly to QuickBooks.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have customer reviews posted to our Google My Business page.

Web seller: buyer beware. This takes forever to set up

Customer support is very good and they did answer basic questions about setting up the site. Great on refunds.

Pros

Once its set up, it performs well. Aesthetically its great but only because I spend well over 20 hours editing to make up for the lack of user friendliness in positioning text and photos on the site.

Cons

This took way too many hours to set up. Its not intuitive. Its wireframes are clunky. The final product looks good but I could have paid a coder less to develop a site from scratch versus how much time it took to build a simple ecomm website with Square. Never again!

Easy to take payments

It's a great product and funds deposit the next day (or same day if needed).

Pros

Super easy to use. Could be used in the office for accepting patient payments or out in the community for collecting payments to reserve appointments.

Cons

Fees seem to be a little higher than traditional credit card processing services. We still use in a pinch, but generally do not use any longer.

Easy to use!

Pros

I love how all of the products are organized and it is easy to use for our cashiers!

Cons

The merchant fees are pretty high, but it is such a great software that it's worth it.

Favorite POS System

My overall experience with Square has been great. I have clients that use it from delis to clothing stores. No complaints and very easy to use and navigate.

Pros

Square is so easy to use. I love all the features they have. The reports are great and very easy to access.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet. My experience with Square has been positive so far. No complaints from me.

Square is not what they prented to be

Pros

Nothing pure waste of time with clueless account representative. An intern would do a better job.

Cons

We went through the onboarding process and we used the services. We were able to use the card processing services but Square had been holding our funds. They said Square needed more financial documents to authorize the transaction. We provided the documents but no response for a week.. Later, we got a note they could not support our business needs and they will deposit the funds into our account...

Our CC Processor for the road!

We've had a positive experience with square retail and would recommend it!

Pros

We use Square for Retail when we're going to disc golf tournaments so we have an easy way to run credit cards and don't need to bring a big credit card swipe machine.

Cons

It always works like it's supposed to! We have enjoyed using it and it makes trips much easier and smoother than before we had it.

Square

I had a pleasant experience

Pros

I like this software because it help payment between company and customer easier

Cons

I think that you should not be charged when the software is not in use

Convient

Pros

This app among other card reader apps is very easy to use, even if you forget the reader you can still use the app.

Cons

At this time I have no issues with square.

Square for small business

Pros

This is just really easy to use and makes my business much more successful. So many people don't carry cash anymore and Square allows me to have customers pay with their card and get the products they want without having to worry

Cons

Of course, I'd rather there not be fees but I understand why there are fees.

Used it a few times

Pros

You can use it anywhere you have cell signal. The fees are not to bad either. It is very convenient

Cons

It is small and hard to keep up with. I loose mine all the time. Don't fit snuggly into the new IPhone.

Square Readers

I’ve recently learned Square offers working capital loans for those that’s using square for their business.

Pros

Love the square readers that I can keep in my purse and take with me to shows etc and take transactions on the spot. There’s even the chip reader and tap to pay options. Or the full POS systems.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. Square always worked well for me.

Absolutely fantastic tool for running my small business.

Pros

We run a small at home business and Square is the best tool for point of sale transactions and easy to produce receipts, invoices, and track user/buyer details.

Cons

It is very simple (intentionally) so some more complex operations may required additional software (i.e. complex sales, or invoices where there is more details then simply basic transactions).

Recently dropped the old credit card machine and implemented this; not regretting at all!

Pros

MUCH cheaper processing fee than my old credit card machine company; also, I do not have to carry this big machine anymore; just a little Square, and everything is taken care of.

Cons

Only thing is sometimes it crashes; but I have spoken to a really nice customer support, and I am waiting for them resolve the issue.

Probably my favorite payment software.

Pros

What's not to like? The learning curve is minimal, it is so easy! The paperless receipts are a hit with my customers and it just saves time! I literally plug it into my iPad and boom, I'm ready to make sales. I don't think I'll use a different software ever again.

Cons

Nothing! Square is the easiest software yet that I have used in retail!

Square for Retail Review

It saved me walking to the ATM. I don’t drive or have a driver’s license, and I find walking more challenging due to health issues. I am using my bicycle more and more.

Pros

I liked the convenience of swiping my Debit Card inside that card reader designed especially for smartphones and iPads. I was low on cash. I didn’t want to hike to the nearest ATM or grocery store to get Cash-Back with a small purchase.

Cons

The fact that either I as a customer or possibly as the business Saleslady, have to pay that small fee per transaction.

Easy for customers and retail owners

Easy setup, integration with accounting software, good reporting, not too pricey, and very reliable.

Pros

Our church started a small bookstore that quickly grew into a large retail store. Square has made inventory and payment processing easy for customers and users. As the person responsible for the reconciliation of inventory and financials I highly recommend it.

Cons

Customer service is not always knowledgeable with front-facing issues and reporting questions but very willing to help.

Needs polishing

streamlined search of product

Pros

The clean display as items are rung up, the favorites aren't on the front screen, and being able to search everything from the front landing page

Cons

No pictures show on products, Item and Inventory Management being different pages on the back end (needs consolidating), and lack of gift card options

Awesome

Our company loves this software:)

Pros

Love this software. I have the chip reader with me and downloaded the application on my phone. I can go to a project site, get approval of the project completed and receive payment right there on site. Love it!!!

Cons

No Cons!! This is AAAAWESOMMEEE! So no complaints.

Square for retail

Pros

It gives to access to a business card with business name on it

Cons

Cant really use your phone to customize

Square Retail - Interaction

Pros

Square is a great new tool for business owners and customers alike. I personally don't really carry cash on me anymore so it's great to see that a lot of businesses accept credit cards through Square.

Cons

Personally have only been on the client user side and only have positive things to say.

Square

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. It isn't hard at all to learn to use.

Cons

I haven't had any problems and so far I like everything about Square.

Great for Small Businesses

Best way for a small business and startup to accept Visa and MasterCard purchases without having to break the bank with card fees. I don't know what I would do without their wonderful products.

Pros

Free mag strip reader for small businesses is the best thing you could ask for just starting up! I've met so many businesses using this system; there's no real reason not to!

Cons

Can sometimes be a little slow and, last I used it, wouldn't save the State Tax I would enter when I would change states. This might have been fixed, however.