Square for Retail Reviews - Page 13

square for retail

easy to set up, use and great options for small businesses.

Pros

ease of use is superior. Its like dummies for payment processing. integration across platforms is great.

Cons

i disliked not having a debit function available for years in Canada. Also, the account setup time takes longer than other competitors.

Square is a great payment processor for small business

Pros

Square is a great payment processor for small businesses. I do a lot of craft fairs and events and it's so convenient to be able to process credit cards rather than just take cash.

Cons

I wish the money would transfer a lot quicker than it does but it's really not that big of a deal.

User Friendly

I helped my mom with using my square at a craft show and it worked great. I was able to email cusomers their receipts without any issues.

Pros

I like that I can use this on my phone when helping my mom with her business. It links to my email and to her bank account without any issues.

Cons

maybe sometime I have to swipe a few times for it to read.

Square is the way to go!

Pros

I have used Square for some time now and I have not found a better payment processing platform. It is easy to use and the transactions are a breeze.

Cons

The cost for processing is a little bit higher than I'd like but it is very competitive with the market for POS programs.

It was Cool

Pros

Pros is the convenience of having right there on your phone. Also the convenience of it being portable and I never really had any malfunctions with it. I used it a festival when I was helping a friend sell some artwork and merchandise. Also my barber uses it for his customers when we don't have a cash.

Cons

Not a huge fan of the fee that comes out any time you swipe. But, if you let the customer know that there will be a fee that they have to pay (like my barber) then you as the user don't really take a loss. How ever, since Square Cash exist, you don't necessarily need Square for Retail that much anymore, Square Retail makes everything easy to keep legit.

My favorite small business software to take payments

Pros

Square is easy to install, setup, and use. You can make changes on the fly and futz with the tax and totals easily. It is intuitive.

Cons

If you don't have wifi or internet connection, taking payments is very stressful. With the new Chip readers, the cost went up quite a bit for a small business to use Square.

Love it! Patients love it! Staff loves it!

I love it. Moving to square was the right choice for us

Pros

My assistants use iPads to check out patients so payments are done on the spot.

Cons

If there is a shortcut for end of day transactions- that would be great

Most convenient!

For events the software helped us have a smooth transition in example no backed up lines counting cash. Every sale was accounted for unlike handling cash.

Pros

It was a quick and easy set up on my mobile phone. I was able to track sales fast. App definitely showed consistency and reliability.

Cons

No cons at this time. My experience was great.

Fantastic - especially no monthly bills which means seasonal creatives can pop in and out with using it!

Pros

Ease of use - Brand recognition by customers too - it's the 'go to' square and people know they can trust it, swipe it and ease of getting a receipt. Never had one complaint!

Cons

Reliance on wifi/mobile access- like all cloud based technology doesn't make it 100% reliable but that's the gamble. I found the website very cumbersome to set up.

So far, so good. Could use a few more features for the premium price.

Pros

Square is undoubtedly the easiest program to use and learn. Partly because of it's streamlined system, and partly because of it's minimal features.

Cons

There aren't enough exclusive features for the premium price. Namely, a lack of cost of goods reporting/editing features.

Solid Software

Overall I really like Square for our retail store. It's easy to set up and customize and works great for simple transactions. Card reader works great.

Pros

I like that you can customize the interface and the rewards program.

Cons

There are a few things that aren't as intuitive to figure out.

Square was the beginning of easier money management on the go!

I love Square!

Pros

Square allowed me to sell away from my shop.

Cons

This awesome software is at the mercy of your current internet connection.

Does as it says but weak on the invoice customization part

I only get paid through Square from all of my vendors so I was hoping to just generate invoices within Square so as not you use QuickBooks. But there customization features for invoices is very weak - even though I was not trying to do anything complicated - so I ended up having to create invoices in Excel and then add the invoice as an attachment in Square. Tech support was midly helpful, luck of the draw if I got to speak with someone who actually knew how to help me, or I'd have to call again and speak with another agent.

Pros

Easy to get set up and proper identification and verification steps were taken. Their rates are pretty much in line with the market.

Cons

Customization of the invoices is very weak.

Great tool in a pinch

Great experience and solid tool. Can't wait to see how they develop it.

Pros

Easy to use software that was great while on the road and when you need to take payments. Super easy to use.

Cons

No real complaints. It was a stop gap tool while we figured out was best for the organization. Love it though.

Excellent software for all of my business needs

Pros

For our family business, it's a great solution to our needs. We run a food business and it's very easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes, we lose our internet and it's not easy to use offline. Makes for a difficult situation. Additionally, there's a lot of training that goes into setting it up.

Great Small Business Tool

Fantastic and important tool for my small business. A must have for any retail store, people just don't cary cash much any more.

Pros

Easy to use and very user friendly. I am not an expert on computer tech, and honestly I get intimidated when trying to do setup for things like this. Square was so easy and straightforward to set up, it was great. Using the tool is easy also. I use the system to process credit card payments for a small side hustle arts and crafts business.

Cons

I haven't run into any problems yet. The one time I had a small bit of confusion, their tech support was excellent.

Great for Retail

Pros

Used this for a former company I worked for, easy to set up and use, no issues with card reader, very helpful

Cons

Only problem was teaching the older employees how to use, no issue on the companies part with that problem though.

I love square!

Everything has been great so far

Pros

I love my card reader! There's no hassle and it's so easy to use! Also like that you can send receipts via email

Cons

No complaints from me I really love square!

Need help

Free time to run my own business

Pros

I love it totallyit's a great tool for my business and products and customers and fees and feedbacks

Cons

A few things i need help with to make me understand the new thingsto get along with trying to figure it

Easy direct deposit

When I got this out football concession sales tripled

Pros

Love that we lost so much money in high school football concession sales because people bring little or no cash. Eith square I could easily set up on my phone and swipe to triple sales

Cons

Email receipts are a pain to type in. I wish you could screenshot or that the option stayed long enough for them to yale pic with their device

Clean Credit Processing POS

Pros

I love how simple the look is. You can create simple product lists that make it easy to ring up customers quickly.

Cons

The cost is more than a standalone company but the mobile accessibility and convenience make it a good fit for many small businesses

Easy to Use

With Square, I have a CRM, invoicing, and credit card processing.

Pros

Very simple interface. I've had no issues with uploading data to the CRM portion or with running credit cards.

Cons

I wish there was no fee difference between swiping/inserting a card and just punching in the number manually. Are they only doing that so you buy the extra equipment?

Square for Retail Review

It does the job very effectively.

Pros

I like the ease with which you can ring up a transaction.

Cons

I am not a fan of the receipt. I use Neat to record my transactions and the Square receipt is two pages long. They should try too keep it to a single page.

Square fits the bill

I have been pleased. I did go out to search for a competitor in hopes of saving money, but haven't found a great alternative.

Pros

Square is designed for small business and is scalable for us to grow. My business is very small at this time -- just 1-2 monthly pop-up events. (I have also used it in the past to support my church's bookstore.) They make it very inexpensive to get started if you are willing to use their simplest reader and yet they also offer have equipment that is more robust for later. They offered the first $1,000 of sales with no fees due to a referral and you can share a code so the referrer and the referral recipient can both get that discount. What a great way to start!

Cons

I found it a little confusing adding items and users at first and feeling assured I would get the result I hoped for. It did end up okay so it must not have been that hard.

Prompt

I had a good experience and I suggested to all my coworkers to use it I will see it again in the future

Pros

This is another way to fix the daily tasks about your business , it’s very helpful, my brother suggested it and I was happy to use it

Cons

I didn’t like some little small features but overall was very very beautiful and functional So is a high quality product