Square for Retail Reviews - Page 3

Square for Retail makes life simplier

Square enables me to be able to sell remote without having to add pricey equipment.

Pros

We have used Square in our retail location for over 2 years now. We also utilize the system for mobile sales. We love being able to use one system for both. Square doesn't require extensive training and is self explanatory.

Cons

I would love to be able to text our customers to broadcast announcements, sales, etc. This is currently not an option which requires us to have additional third party software.

One of my core software solutions

Pros

I use Square almost daily for my coffee roasting company. Its easy to use, easy to train others to use, and easy to customize for my ever changing inventory.

Cons

Sometimes I wish the Square app had the same functionality as the Square website. For example, invoices are easier to work with on the web vs. working with them on the app. You can't print invoices from the app, yet you can from the web interface. Just little things like that. Not huge, but minor annoyances.

Clean And Easy

Square is great because it is universally recognized and people are comfortable using it to pay now. Overall the setup has been generally easy and straightforward. I'd definitely recommend it to any small business friends.

Pros

Super easy to use. Every kind of report that you can want is available.

Cons

I wish that the fee was a bit lower. The switch to a blue tooth card reader has been interesting. 1/10 times that I try and connect it takes extra time which is a pain if the customer is there waiting.

Great solution

Pros

Inexpensive to buy! Swipers are free and chip readers are only 49.00. Square is easy to use in store or out of store. Processing fees are the lowest I've found anywhere.

Cons

Make sure you use a tablet thats fast. Don't buy a cheap tablet of 30.00. pay upward of 75.00 other wise its very slow.

Now i spend my days enjoying my job

again spending my time doing more valuable things lets me grow my business instead of counting tee shirts

Pros

This feature is amazing, it takes a little time to set up, but time well invested. I no longer spend my days counting inventory, just look on the system and current count of all products right there.

Cons

cant say any cons here. We are a water sports concession. Offering hats, sunscreen, phone dry bags etc

Easy to accept payments on the go and fantastic integration

I can charge for my uploaded products from Etsy (which love updates), or enter a specific dollar amount when charging a different price or charging for a product that hasn’t been listed online in my store. I get paid in a reasonable amount of time and it easily integrates with the rest of my shop for recording keeping.

Pros

Along with the square credit card reader, I’m easily able to accept payments from my customers in person. I love that this is integrated with my Etsy shop. I’m easily able to charge for specific products, update my inventory when making a sale, and still keep track of the transaction inside my Etsy account.

Cons

The only thing I don’t particularly like is the up charge for accessing funds immediately, but I can usually wait the couple of days to get paid and it’s not a big deal.

Seamless Website Integration

Amazing solution that just works! Loyalty program is awesome and like everything else, seamless. Honestly was not even planning on keeping the software once a better solution was put in place. This IS the better solution!

Pros

I was able to have my website up and running within a day after the design team I hired to build my site were unable to deliver it in over a month's time. Once you have input your products to sell it is a seamless process to get them onto your own website with Weebly.

Cons

There is a bit of redundancy when adding new products, but not too bad. Especially once you get the hang of it.

Square improved my business

My overall experience is beyond satisfactory. This software is a mus for any business. Quick and easy to use and works without any glitches.

Pros

The software is user friendly, quick and easy. I love their simple and straight forward layout. They literally contributed to my business growing!!!!

Cons

I can't think of any negative thing to say, except at the beginning I had some problems that turned out to do with poor internet connection.

Great payment processing with little headache

Great. Easy to use with quick payment transfer and straightforward fees.

Pros

Easy to implement and can use on multiple devices. Can also accept multiple forms of payment and not restrict clients to only paying cash.

Cons

Occasionally have difficulty getting software to connect with internet to process cards and the chip/contactless reader will sometimes not want to connect to the device.

Easy to get started and expand as you grow!

Outstanding overall. Square is super reliable and user friendly.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create a great looking online storefront. Clean and simple design options, easy to add/delete items, keep track of inventory, and an endless list of benefits!

Cons

It is limited as far as page layout and imagery! The gift card function is not displayable on the product pages... or if it is I've not yet figured it out.

Get Paid Now!

Square has made us more money. We do not have to spend time waiting to be paid anymore. 10/10 recommend.

Pros

We love the ease of use for both us and the client. We used to have to wait for payment via check and sometimes we'd have to follow up with clients for months without getting paid. Now when our technicians are wrapped up in the field.. they have the client pay instantly using their mobile phones with card reader. No more waiting for payments!

Cons

Square is a great software and clients trust it. There is nothing that is negative about Square. Love it.

Square

Pros

I love that it's so easy to send invoices in just a second! It keeps track of your clients names and client info, services, invoices etc which is such a timesaver! I can look st a glance and know what invoices have been paid and which ones need to send again.

Cons

I would love there to be a way to enter services in so you don't have to type it in each time when making an invoice.

Square is saving small businesses!

Easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use! Functional! Minimal time to receive critical business information. Ability to pull up current sales is just seconds behind the transactions at the retail location! Very impressive!

Cons

The steps that are showing up at the top of my feed for Square retail. Mobile app is par, much better to use desktop version. iPad and iPhone software make some features inaccessible.

Very User Friendly and quick software

I use it for all my clients who want to pay for my services with a credit card. I have had no issues so far.

Pros

I liked the interface of the software. Very user friendly and easy to do transactions with. I also have used the manual entry multiple times with no problem.

Cons

I would say the only thing I dislike is the extra charge for instant deposit, that's it. Nothing else stands out to me.

easiest payment method

Its definitely one of my favorite programs or services to use for payment.

Pros

One of the easiest payment services I've used in the past few years. Its portable and easy to use and most customers like how fast and easy it is.

Cons

I haven't found any issues with the software or the program. Occasionally run into customers who aren't comfortable with using it.

Love love love this processing for our credit cards

The cost are amazing and FREE EQUIPMENT can not be beat!

Pros

The FREE software and low cost processing fees are GREAT. Money gets deposited FAST and deposited by 1am the next business day. No wait. No hassel.

Cons

Customer Service of you need to actually talk to a human is very lacking. They want to communicate by email and as a business some times you need a human right away.

Excellent Retail Software for First Time Retail Owners

Square for Retail has helped to ease my business flow by accepting payments, managing inventory and creating daily reports to track sales.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It is excellent for first time users to easily run when starting a small retail store.

Cons

I have not found a function that I do not like. There are many areas to explore.

Ace precision

It was good . I would most definitely consider using it again and recommending it to other people

Pros

Very easy to use and extremely convenient to use. I had to train others on how to use the square. Not hard at all

Cons

Easy to get confused at first use. It might be hard for computer illiterate people But for the most part it’s very self-explanatory

Very intuitive!

We set-up a our Square account to accepts cards rather than cash/checks for our semi-annual yard sale at a remote location where we were selling discounted storage sheds. In years past, we were taking checks, writing down drivers' license numbers, sometimes credit card numbers as back up. It was not secure and we just hoped a check would not bounce! Now with square, we know instantly if the transaction went through and we can proceed with delivery. Very convenient.

Pros

This software was very easy to set-up and the ability to process a credit card remotely on a phone or tablet was appreciated by our customers and our exec team alike. Processing transactions was also very simple, especially if your customer has used Square before.

Cons

No complaints aside from the fees associated with the service, on top of fees charged by the credit card merchants themselves. For this reason we do not utilize square as our primary method of capturing payment.

My experience with Square is a fantastic!

The benefits I get from this software are the ease of receiving payments from my clients. Love the no hassle of a subscription merchant service.

Pros

What I like most is nearly everything! I get emails with updates to my deposits and I love the fact that my clients never have issues paying their invoices.

Cons

What I like least about Square is the fact that the client's name doesn't show along with their payment. This is the biggest headache when trying to apply the merchant fees and their payment into my accounting software.

Square for all my business needs

Overall, I am very satisfied with all Square products.I'll continue to be a Square customer

Pros

I like the ability to have all my business under one company. I use Square for Retail, for payment devices, and web/store.

Cons

I don't have any complaints with Square... Other than having lower fees, but the fees are reasonable and within industry pricing.

Great for startup

Works efficiently for us. Some features would be nice but good for what we. We’d

Pros

Very easy to use, straight forward, efficient

Cons

There are some things that could be streamlined better. Photos for different variations would be nice. It would be great if square would sync with websites like square space for inventory

Square for Retail Review

Overall, my experience with Square has been AWESOME. it's easy to use and you can take it with you everywhere, to any events where you may be selling art and design work. I love how functional and slim it is, and how it reads most cards.

Pros

What I like most about Square is that its easily portable so you'll always have the opportunity to make money regardless where you are, as long as you have the device to hook up to you iPad, phone, or computer. It's an awesome invention, especially if you travel for work (like artists who go on tours or go to events where they sell their art). It's design is small and the software doesn't take to long to download.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it freezes up on me a couple times and I had to restart my actual phone and iPad in order for it to work properly. I'm not sure why it does it, still haven't figured it out.

Square for Retail

I go to markets a lot with the jewelry and the ability to offer to the customers the opportunity to purchase by credit or debit card has often increased my sales. At some locations there is not an ATM available for the customers to get more cash, so the Square is a "sale saver".

Pros

I like the ability to let the customers use the Tap feature on their credit or debit cards. Sales increase when they realize they can pay with a card rather than cash.

Cons

Sometimes I have difficulty with the wifi connections and the functionality of the app is affected.

Organizing app

Pros

We love using this app for organizing our customer base and keeping track of invoices. Easy to use and safe as it asks for code, that is generated every 30 days.

Cons

not being able to connect to customer service over phone when you need urgent help. Its not available as of today. Hope it will be soon.