Square for Retail Logo

Square for Retail

POS & inventory management for retail businesses

Square for Retail Reviews - Page 3

JM

Jay M.

Retail, self-employed

Payments on the go!

Bang for buck this wins hands down and I recommend it for everyone, no more big expensive machines to carry around

Pros

Running a hire company, receiving payments on delivery is required on a daily, the square system is amazing can keep in your pocket and works every time. build quality is important it’s been dropped a few times and still works fine, also charge life is awesome, only needs charging every few months!

Cons

Fees, but you get fees with any eftpos option, bonus here is no monthly fee

SC

Steve C.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Square - Useful for Churches as Well!

We have used Square to help facilitate receiving CC payments from our "customers" in both our church's coffee shop and book resource center, and it has been great! I would definitely recommend this to any church trying to open a coffee shop or book resource center of their own.

Pros

I appreciate how Square has so easily integrated into our church's in-house coffee shop and also our church's book resource center (like a small book store). Square just makes the running of our coffee shop and book resource center so EASY!

Cons

The only drawback that I can see is that, in our church, we have a population of individuals who may be unfamiliar with the idea of swiping a credit card through a device attached to an iPad... I can see how the "newness" of this tool might be daunting to some individuals (and thus potentially hinder them from using it), but on the whole, this is a very SMALL concern. So far, the "pros" have FAR outweighed the "cons"!

Chris K.

One Stop, Square for Retail

Auditing inventory is so easy, you can set alerts to remind you when stock gets low. I can collect money anywhere I am and online. This gets deposited in my bank account within 24 hours usually. The reports are easy for anyone to understand. I can also get a vendor sales report so I can see which of my vendors have the hottest selling items.

Pros

I love that I do not need any other applications to manage my payments and inventory. I have everything at my finger tips with this application.

Cons

I know some people complain about the service charges. 2.6% plus $.10 per transaction at the time of this review.

RW

Russell W.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Recieve Your Payment In Any Form With This Innovative Software

I utilize Square for Retail anytime that I am selling my merch in the streets. For example, if a customer is not carrying any cash, I simply will let them utilize their credit or debit card to make their purchase on the spot.

Pros

The thing that I liked most about this particular software is the fact that it makes it possible for you receive any form of payment no matter where you are. It's simply the epitome of convenience.

Cons

There were no cons with this particular software; and I can guarantee you that you would have an extremely hard time finding any as well.

JW

Jessica W.

Simple to use, good interface

Pros

Its very simple to use and train new employees on. Reports are easy to run and can get most data that you need. Allows you to communicate with customers. They are continuing evolving and adding new features.

Cons

Wish there was a way to take a deposit for future orders (placed online or on the phone) so the sales are applied to the date they are picked not the day we take the payment. For advance orders, available pick up times are based on your hours of operations. Wish we could limit that depending on what is being ordered.

ES

Eric S.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Small little POS at your finger tips

Its what we needed in a pinch to get sales orders working on the field at events. It worked well for conferences and venues.

Pros

It was easy to setup and start using when you need it. You connect it to your phone and use it as a normal POS you would in a store

Cons

Support isn't always easy to get a hold of and it wouldn't integrate it with our system. This is more for small business use and not for tracking and reporting on analytics.

KJ

Kahlil J.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Best POS system on the market today!!!

My overall experience with Square for Retail has been great. Compared to other services it is head and shoulders above the competition and it seems like it will remain this way for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Square for Retail adds a professional look to any small business. It helps raise the sales of your business while finding unique ways to reduce costs. It is a highly customizable app that can be tailored to the specific needs of your small business.

Cons

The only thing that I dislike is the processing fee payment structure that they offer. It is a bit higher than other platforms, but the convenience and ease-of-use of the platform makes it worth it.

TW

Tammy W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Square for Retail makes life simplier

Square enables me to be able to sell remote without having to add pricey equipment.

Pros

We have used Square in our retail location for over 2 years now. We also utilize the system for mobile sales. We love being able to use one system for both. Square doesn't require extensive training and is self explanatory.

Cons

I would love to be able to text our customers to broadcast announcements, sales, etc. This is currently not an option which requires us to have additional third party software.

Used other for 2+ years

Great POS for Small Business

Overall we are pleased with Square and its features. We would like to see Square integrate better with other platforms.

Pros

Square is great for small business it allows the merchant to just pay a fee when a card is swiped rather than a monthly service fee and the percentage charged for swiping a card. They do have an inventory tracking system which is great if that is the only platform you use for inventory. You also get the benefit of free hardware if you choose not to purchase the Square POS system. Square deposits are quick, no holding funds for long periods of time like PayPal. Overall Square is very versatile and we have been very happy with it.

Cons

The inventory tracking system is cumbersome and doesn't work nicely with QBO or Shopify. It cannot sync with our Shopify store which ultimately means we have to keep both platforms updated which is a real pain.

VG

Van G.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Clean And Easy

Square is great because it is universally recognized and people are comfortable using it to pay now. Overall the setup has been generally easy and straightforward. I'd definitely recommend it to any small business friends.

Pros

Super easy to use. Every kind of report that you can want is available.

Cons

I wish that the fee was a bit lower. The switch to a blue tooth card reader has been interesting. 1/10 times that I try and connect it takes extra time which is a pain if the customer is there waiting.

LM

Lisa M.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Now i spend my days enjoying my job

again spending my time doing more valuable things lets me grow my business instead of counting tee shirts

Pros

This feature is amazing, it takes a little time to set up, but time well invested. I no longer spend my days counting inventory, just look on the system and current count of all products right there.

Cons

cant say any cons here. We are a water sports concession. Offering hats, sunscreen, phone dry bags etc

JL

Jerry L.

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

Great solution

Pros

Inexpensive to buy! Swipers are free and chip readers are only 49.00. Square is easy to use in store or out of store. Processing fees are the lowest I've found anywhere.

Cons

Make sure you use a tablet thats fast. Don't buy a cheap tablet of 30.00. pay upward of 75.00 other wise its very slow.

LK

Lynn K.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Great Mobile POS

Pros

Cost and set up were both affordable and easy, plus transactions were never an issue on any device or credit card. The processing fees were very reasonable for our use. The reporting features were very straight forward to implement in our CMS tools.

Cons

Nothing!!! Could not find an issue if we wanted to, the hardware and software worked flawlessly.

KK

Kevin K.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Seamless Website Integration

Amazing solution that just works! Loyalty program is awesome and like everything else, seamless. Honestly was not even planning on keeping the software once a better solution was put in place. This IS the better solution!

Pros

I was able to have my website up and running within a day after the design team I hired to build my site were unable to deliver it in over a month's time. Once you have input your products to sell it is a seamless process to get them onto your own website with Weebly.

Cons

There is a bit of redundancy when adding new products, but not too bad. Especially once you get the hang of it.

NH

Nathan H.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Great payment processing with little headache

Great. Easy to use with quick payment transfer and straightforward fees.

Pros

Easy to implement and can use on multiple devices. Can also accept multiple forms of payment and not restrict clients to only paying cash.

Cons

Occasionally have difficulty getting software to connect with internet to process cards and the chip/contactless reader will sometimes not want to connect to the device.

TW

Tin W.

Photography, self-employed

Square

Pros

I love that it's so easy to send invoices in just a second! It keeps track of your clients names and client info, services, invoices etc which is such a timesaver! I can look st a glance and know what invoices have been paid and which ones need to send again.

Cons

I would love there to be a way to enter services in so you don't have to type it in each time when making an invoice.

JN

Justin N.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Get Paid Now!

Square has made us more money. We do not have to spend time waiting to be paid anymore. 10/10 recommend.

Pros

We love the ease of use for both us and the client. We used to have to wait for payment via check and sometimes we'd have to follow up with clients for months without getting paid. Now when our technicians are wrapped up in the field.. they have the client pay instantly using their mobile phones with card reader. No more waiting for payments!

Cons

Square is a great software and clients trust it. There is nothing that is negative about Square. Love it.

DF

Devora F.

Mental Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Square improved my business

My overall experience is beyond satisfactory. This software is a mus for any business. Quick and easy to use and works without any glitches.

Pros

The software is user friendly, quick and easy. I love their simple and straight forward layout. They literally contributed to my business growing!!!!

Cons

I can't think of any negative thing to say, except at the beginning I had some problems that turned out to do with poor internet connection.

Jimmy H.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Square Keeps us operating every single day

I have been happy over-all with square as they seem to be the leader at least in my industry and have used them even longer as a guitar teacher and studio owner.

Pros

It is easy to set up and use. It is affordable and the customers never have a problem with it.

Cons

I wish they took bitcoin and the square terminal has quite a few quirks that should be worked out before charging that much.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

easiest payment method

Its definitely one of my favorite programs or services to use for payment.

Pros

One of the easiest payment services I've used in the past few years. Its portable and easy to use and most customers like how fast and easy it is.

Cons

I haven't found any issues with the software or the program. Occasionally run into customers who aren't comfortable with using it.

DC

Dianna C.

Love love love this processing for our credit cards

The cost are amazing and FREE EQUIPMENT can not be beat!

Pros

The FREE software and low cost processing fees are GREAT. Money gets deposited FAST and deposited by 1am the next business day. No wait. No hassel.

Cons

Customer Service of you need to actually talk to a human is very lacking. They want to communicate by email and as a business some times you need a human right away.

cu

chris u.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Very User Friendly and quick software

I use it for all my clients who want to pay for my services with a credit card. I have had no issues so far.

Pros

I liked the interface of the software. Very user friendly and easy to do transactions with. I also have used the manual entry multiple times with no problem.

Cons

I would say the only thing I dislike is the extra charge for instant deposit, that's it. Nothing else stands out to me.

BH

Benjamin H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Square is saving small businesses!

Easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use! Functional! Minimal time to receive critical business information. Ability to pull up current sales is just seconds behind the transactions at the retail location! Very impressive!

Cons

The steps that are showing up at the top of my feed for Square retail. Mobile app is par, much better to use desktop version. iPad and iPhone software make some features inaccessible.

AP

Amanda P.

Retail, self-employed

Excellent Retail Software for First Time Retail Owners

Square for Retail has helped to ease my business flow by accepting payments, managing inventory and creating daily reports to track sales.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It is excellent for first time users to easily run when starting a small retail store.

Cons

I have not found a function that I do not like. There are many areas to explore.

Chad M.

Entertainment, self-employed

Best POS for a small non-profit or business

Great fast point of sale software that does what it does very well.

Pros

This software provides the best tools for managing sales on a small scale. It is fast, easy to use,and full featured.

Cons

Honestly, this is one of the least expensive options out there but it would be nice to not lose the service charges from our income.