Square for Retail Reviews - Page 4

Square for Retain

Overall experience has been great. Have set it up and used it in three different type of business', two with inventory, one just POS at three different locations in the building.

Pros

I like the ease of use for setting up the register with the icons and groups, and use of inventory and ability to use a scanner for codes to be added right into the sale.

Cons

We had a couple things I was working out with support that didn't get resolved but they had it on their list for a future update. Support is awesome and they help in any way they can.

Software of choice

Taking payments has been so easy. Invoicing as well

Pros

This software is comparable to others in price. It is easy to use and just as easy to add to a website

Cons

Although deposits are made into your account really quickly it does cost an additional fees to deposit instantly

Simple modern way to accept customer payments

I am pleased with Square. The amount of information that Square provides is very useful and easy to access. The offline feature is also really useful. In the event that our internet is down, we can still accept customer payments.

Pros

It is very easy to use. After a small amount of effort setting things up, we have a POS that is tailored to our specific needs. The rates for processing transactions are also very competitive.

Cons

I really have not had any issues while using Square. One time there was an update to the iPad that caused Square to not function properly. While it was an inconvenience, the issue was resolved in a timely manner.

consumer friendly, simple, straightforward

Pros

I love how easy it is to operate, as both a customer and a shop myself. I also really appreciate the option to email or text the receipt. This allows for everything to be green and sustainable. Also, the plug in for my electronics is so small and portable. This is a huge plus. As a customer, I trust the security of Square and have real peace of mind when paying through the software. Other online merchant software is not as trustworthy or secure.

Cons

There are no cons for me related to this software. I gave it five stars across the board as I feel it is the best software in its category, both is function and form.

Simply Complex

Overall, it was a great beginning software to introduce our team and staff to setting up and developing a POS system and how to best organize and categorize their inventory.

Pros

The customization of the app was intriguing to set up and the process was pretty straightforward. The compactness of it was definitely appreciated and it was nice to have one, easy to find location for all the important statistics.

Cons

The customization of it was also one of its downfalls, making it easy to get lost in over expanding on options that on the retailer end looked fine but came out jumbled on the buyer's end.

Square works for us

We are a growing retail business with inventory arriving daily and sales growing. Square has allowed us to track what is selling and what is not.

Pros

We use square daily in our retail store. It meets all our needs and they have worked with us on the rates.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to find the answers through the support we need about entering items or random questions that pop up. We've been able to google for answers and found what we need.

Great for small business!

This is the best thing you could ever use for small business accounting.

Pros

I run a small craft fair booth on the weekends during the holiday season. This system made it SO easy to keep track of what sold. Not only can you put in the items and prices, you can also organize those items by seller. My aunt and grandma also sell at my booth, so when we have three people selling it's almost impossible to keep track. At the end of the day, this shows a dollar amount for each seller. It's amazing and a small business godsend.

Cons

It took me a few minutes of playing around to actually figure out how to make everything work the way I wanted.

Square makes my life easier

Square for Retail has made handling my business transactions so much easier. I am able to keep track of inventory as well as orders and customer info all in one place.

Pros

All I have to do is enter my customer info once and Square remembers it for next time. Also, Square automatically sends invoice reminders to my customers so I don't have to.

Cons

The only thing that I can honestly say I don't like is that you have to have at least $25 in order to do same day deposit.

Not good for me

Its nice to have, but other companies have POS for om hand sales as well. Their prices are a bit too much for a small business such as myself.

Pros

Its easy to use and you can get a POS for on hand sales.

Cons

Their fees are insane, and they will close accounts without warning.

Square retail review

Pros

We love this for our small business. We have replaced our cash register. Our young employees can run it and manage. It’s portable for when we do outside sales.

Cons

Really nothing. Had some minor issues...but it was more user error.

Good product for capturing POS for small businesses

Collecting payment with the card present is less of a risk for our business and it's easy with Square. It's easy to use for our staff.

Pros

Square is easy to use for our drivers. While we require having payments on file, we sometimes use Square at the POS as the card is present and it's less risky that processing large amounts of money without the card present.

Cons

It would be nice if the rates were a little lower, though for the convenience, it's not bad.

Credit Card Processing

I used Square for my private practice to process credit/debit card transactions. For a small business it will work and cost a lot less than any merchant service I have encountered. The final % for the usage as a small business, is just a pinch too high though. I would recommend this software if you want simple, quick, and reliable service to process debit/credit cards. Be aware of the percentage that will be taken out though.

Pros

Depending on how you use Square it can have numerous pros/positives. A. Numerous tools to help track finances B. Excellent at record keeping of transactions C. User interface is fairly simple D. Convenient due to that one can just log into Square and do a credit card transaction

Cons

The cons again depend on how you use the software. A. Amount of % taken out of the transaction as a fee for using their service is a tad high B. User interface can appear overwhelming with the amount of tools at your disposal but this depends on what your company needs.

I'm Not Sure Why This Is The Default For So Many

I haven't processed any sales. I don't trust the company enough to handle my money. They claim to be for mobile businesses, but require a desktop to manage your account. Many pages of their site were broken when I did my set up. Their customer service leaves much to be desired.

Pros

The fee structure is lower than some, and they send first time users a free mag strip reader. That's really the only benefit I can see.

Cons

-You can't manage your account from your phone. Most options are grayed out and say "desktop required." -Once I got to my desktop, the site was really buggy and hard to use. For instance, little black dialogue boxes telling what kind of info to put in each field hover over the space you actually need to type in when you do your account set-up. When you hit the "X" in the corner of the dialogue box...

best POS out there

Pros

so easy to use, can get setup in no time, take credit cards without dealing with banks or leasing equipment, they don't take much per card

Cons

there is no option for exchange, just refund, so it makes things a little harder at times to do an exchange

Great for small business

The Square has been an easy to use app. There is no start-up cost but there is a 3% fee for each charge. This is very normal when it comes to credit card running fee's. I chose the square over a credit card reader because there was no start-up cost. It is also very small and portable, it can fit in my pocket so I can take it anywhere I go. The second someone needs to run their card I just snap in the square, type in the total, and swipe the card. It offers them digital receipts through email or text. The square also sends me daily and weekly reports. It breaks down my totals for each day and shows graphs on my growth. I highly recommend this product.

Pros

This app is quick and easy to use. Took a total of 3 minutes to download it and get it linked up to my account. When I have a customer ready to pay, I just snap in the square, type in the total to charge, and swipe the card. SO EASY!

Cons

Currently I have no complaints about the Square. I have been using the Square for about 2 months with no issues.

Great start for business

Helped increase profitability by allowing me to accept credit cards.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to setup and connect to my bank account. The invoices made it easier to collect and the mobile app worked very smoothly.

Cons

At the time I was using they charged for everything. Payroll, scheduling, and any extra site features. The breakdowns on the back end weren't as thorough as quickbooks either so I switched.

A MUST For Any Small Business

Great experience overall, perfect for just about any small business.

Pros

Simple, easy to use, and affordable credit card processing! Cheaper than any alternative, and we can take almost any form of payment now.

Cons

If you don't use the card reader for the transaction, the fee is higher, but that is to be expected. Just use the free card reader, or upgrade to a nicer one.

Awsome!

Pros

The ability to start a new retail business while keeping costs down!

Cons

I loved the portability of the card reader, however, it is a looser fit so when trying to scan cards it tends to move, causing us to have to keep re-swiping.

So convenient to take card payments anywhere, anytime

Pros

It's great that I am able to take card payments for my services by just plugging this little device into my phone. It has saved me so many times from having someone not be able to pay me since they don't have sufficient cash on hand. Also, I love that it stores the users information, so once you have made a payment on square it will always send your emailed receipt automatically without having to reenter all of your info.

Cons

No complaints! It's very handy to have. I guess I would prefer less commission to be taken, but I guess thats always a given!

Good choice if you have no other choice

We are able to process payments with credit cards in the mobile business.

Pros

We provide the mobile auto glass service not only to big dealerships and body shops but to regular customers as well, we have to have an app to process an app/equipment that will allow them to pay with credit cards. And Square does this job well most of the time.

Cons

First of all -the fees, even though they are reasonable. but nobody likes fees, right. Second, there's almost always an issue with syncing Square with QuickBooks, the app needs some additional work to be done.

Square for Retail Rocks!!!

Square for Retail is the best thing made for small businesses and is highly recommended

Pros

The greatest thing about this software was the ease of access. The setup for the invoicing was so simple, and became the leading go-to for all of my business affairs

Cons

nothing ata ll can be thought of. The ease and effectiveness is great and cannot be trifled with.

Great POS software and easy to use!

Pros

I love that they have their own hardware or you can use standalone. the software can easily customized and tailored to your specific needs, simple easy to use screen makes transactions simple.

Cons

Reporting can be limited at times but easily overlooked due to the great build quality of the software. if you need very detailed reports then this may not suit your needs.

very useful and free

if actually referred them other then venmo best payment service

Pros

helps me get customers payment right then and there cant beat that

Cons

need an extra debit card just in order to withdraw your money

Square for Retail- Review

Mobility we use it in some really out of the way places

Pros

ease of use,able to train staff quickly,and it is very mobile will work almost anywhere

Cons

Can still use without internet but a bit tricky to use in offline mode

Great way to Take Cards in your Retail Business

Great setup - set up my own and helped a friend - went seamlessly.

Pros

Easy to use - easy setup - use is for beginners up to experts. Take cards easily! Price is fair (per use).

Cons

Nothing I can think of - all worked well!