Square for Retail Reviews - Page 5

Great POS software and easy to use!

Pros

I love that they have their own hardware or you can use standalone. the software can easily customized and tailored to your specific needs, simple easy to use screen makes transactions simple.

Cons

Reporting can be limited at times but easily overlooked due to the great build quality of the software. if you need very detailed reports then this may not suit your needs.

very useful and free

if actually referred them other then venmo best payment service

Pros

helps me get customers payment right then and there cant beat that

Cons

need an extra debit card just in order to withdraw your money

Square for Retail- Review

Mobility we use it in some really out of the way places

Pros

ease of use,able to train staff quickly,and it is very mobile will work almost anywhere

Cons

Can still use without internet but a bit tricky to use in offline mode

Great way to Take Cards in your Retail Business

Great setup - set up my own and helped a friend - went seamlessly.

Pros

Easy to use - easy setup - use is for beginners up to experts. Take cards easily! Price is fair (per use).

Cons

Nothing I can think of - all worked well!

Square Saved Us Big Time

Very positive!

Pros

Easy easy easy easy to use! So simple and straight forward any associate can use it. Pricing was great from the get go! Big fans!

Cons

Wish the reporting was a little more expansive.

Business owners best friend

I’ve used it for two seasons and it keeps an accurate record of all credit card transactions. Great device and program.

Pros

During the holidays I sell crafts and paintings, and I attend many shows and events where I need a portable cardscanning device. Square is portable, small, plugs into my smart phone or tablet, calculates tax, keeps email contact information and Emails receipts for paperless transactions. It is indispensable to me at these sales venues.

Cons

I can’t complain because the fees are very minimal and they gave me a generous free trial, but who wouldn’t want to keep all of their money?

Get Square or Be Square

Pros

This is the gold standard for opening your new retail location. It makes checkouts effortless, suggests tip percentages, etc. It allows customers to pay in the most convenient of ways and it is very easy to use on both ends.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of. I don't see much use from larger firms, but for start-ups it is a no brainer.

Small Business Godsend

This has really expanded my business opportunities by allowing me to process credit cards. Highly recommend.

Pros

Square for Retail allows my small side hustle to take credit card payments, just like a major retailer. This has opened many avenues for income, as cash is something some people just never have. The program allows easy invoicing, taking payments with a card swipe or online, and sends you an email whenever you recieve funds.

Cons

I wish the chip reader was included free of charge like the card swiper was.

very easy program and very useful

it was easy to setup and easy to use

Pros

this program is a Godsend. Very easy to setup and use...customer service is awesome

Cons

There is nothing negative I can say about this program. Works perfectly

there are a host of things I'd love changed, customer support really listens to my issues

Pros

there are lots of back office functions that I appreciate, like the ability to see remaining stock.

Cons

its not very pretty, especially when compared side by side with the regular app. its kind of dark. there are also many functions it needs, like the ability to do an exchange (bought a large, need a medium for example, or just return something within a new sale rather than a whole separate transaction) and to be able to check stock at another location (which would save me about 100 phone calls a week in peak season)

Great for taking credit card payments!

Square has been a great partner for taking our business to the next level being able to taking credit cards easily. Now with covid and working remote I started invoicing clients which has transformed the way we use the software. Now I send emails and people pay with a link, amazing!

Pros

Square is easy to use and you get money fast. Lots of options for taking payments. Good desktop dashboard for all your transactions and any open items. Mobile app too.

Cons

I can't say I've had any major issues other than needing to reboot or download an update here or there. Pretty quick and easy to set everything and everyone up.

Great format like an apple product/ Lots of features but some hard to learn.

A quick POS system that is clean looking and has all the features of a common POS and more.

Pros

The Customer profiles and how all square users are linked and the paperless option of email or text recepit. The clean look of the stand itself and the use of an ipad. And the ease of uploading products to Square through the website.

Cons

The Tons of features that are hard to figure out. When ringing someone up its hard to deduct money for a sale item, it has to be per-programmed or you have to make the discount on the spot.

Amazing Software and Convenient Products

Square will continuously be used by me and my staff as it makes work 10 times easier to maneuver around jobs.

Pros

Square is used daily in my profession as it makes every day transactions and receipts easy and convenient.

Cons

There were not many flaws to this software although the wifi range is quite small and limits capabilities.

Snap

Pros

We use this everyday for our POS system and it is very easy to use in pulling reports.

Cons

Just that we have had some of the units go down.

Overall I like Squate

Pros

How easy it is to use. The fees are the lower than everyone else. Emails after every transaction.

Cons

Sometimes it's slow on finishing up transactions.

Brand recognition, if nothing else.

Pros

Provides an easy solution that has many flexible point of sale options. Employees can easily login and conduct sales or clock in/out on the unit itself. Easy access to manage users and roles for permissions and other actions. Plenty of options for customer oriented actions such as customizable receipts and invoices. Very customizable and suitable for a wide variety of business types.

Cons

Customer service, while good, is sub-par compared to other industry offerings. Often, it takes longer support times and generic responses to get something settled. There's been a few times where I had to find a solution online myself because the official support took too long to get back to me. The hardware occasionally had problems such as not connecting to the main system or phone, or not accepting a charge for mobile devices.

We solely use square for retail

Pros

We love square there’s a reason so many small businesses are using square! It’s amazing and costs less than most POS.

Cons

I wish it would deposit funds faster 😂

Square Space is what you need for your business!

Overall, my past experience with Square for Retail was great.

Pros

Square worked so well in a past job I had. SUPER user friendly and sends text receipts to the user as well. Very user friendly!

Cons

I did not find any cons with this software program. Would highly recommend to anyone with a business

Square is so convenient!

This was a great business choice! I'm so glad I decided to sign on with Square.

Pros

I love having Square as an option for payment for my counseling, health coaching, and bodywork clients. It makes payments simple and easy. I love that they send you all the equipment you need free of charge. And, it syncs well with Practice Better, my scheduling service.

Cons

Sometimes it's tricky to get a card to scan. There are fees attached to each purchase, but I find them fairly reasonable.

Best tool for credit card transactions

Pros

This software is the best software for and application for credit card application. We used this when I was working at Rummage Clothing store and it made credit card transaction so much easier.

Cons

App crashed a couple of times but could be due to connection to the internet or reliability based on service.

Very helpful for bands

Overall this has helped my band and many others. I think that it is absolutely critical to be able to have sales with a credit card so this has solved a problem that was costing a lot of bands a significant amount of money.

Pros

I liked that this allowed purchases via credit card. When you are a band who relies on selling merchandise, a lot of times people want to pay with a card and not cash. This allows for a wider amount of sales and is incredibly helpful to the independent artist especially.

Cons

There's not much that I have experienced that is flawed with this method of sale. It has definitely got a good base. I think that it might be helpful if it could be split into multiple accounts if you are using it on different projects.

Easy to install

Pros

I love this payment option for my gym. It is supper easy to use.

Cons

This is a great software but pricing is slightly higher but worth the premium.

Great POS Resource!

Pros

Square for Retail is a great point-of-sale resource. We have a sales team who travel all southeastern states selling products wholesale. Square for retail processes our transactions seamlessly. It also aids in keeping track of our inventories as well. Their reporting system is very detailed, which helps us with our audits.

Cons

At this point, we are free trialing this product with our outside sales reps and their bosses have reported that they are acclimating to the devices well. As a result, I cannot find anything to negate the effectiveness of this product's software.

Would I recommend it? I DO!

Great Stuff!

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity in managing orders, great stuff!

Cons

fees, cost of equipment, not too awful comparatively speaking, however.

The best option for all small businesses

Pros

Without question the simplest point of sale software I've ever encountered. The hardware is easy to set up the software is so easy and convenient and it works like a charm every time. No hangups no glitches no problems.

Cons

I have no conscience whatsoever. My only advice would be to make sure that your business is making more than the monthly fee or else I would recommend not going with square retail and just going with square up. Otherwise it's awesome.