Square for Retail Reviews - Page 6

Square makes it easy

I’m happy that this app is available because it simplifies the way you take payments from customers and it will automatically be deposited into your bank account. It takes away the hassle of dealing with cash and making deposits yourself. You can add products to a library and charge the customer that way or you can use the keypad and type in the amount.

Pros

It’s easy to use the square app and card reader to take payments from customers. I use this most often when I do craft fairs/vendor shows. The card reader is small and not bulky so it makes it simple to carry into events and doesn’t take up a lot of space at my booths. I can even enter payments by hand if I forget the card reader. I can also request payments from customers by invoices and receive payments all in the app.

Cons

I found that the fees for depositing the money to your bank account can be a little high. There is also a small glitch that prevents certain functions from loading all of the time so I have to restart the app some times.

Simple and reliable payment processing

Square for Retail has made our daily operations more efficient and our employees more independent.

Pros

The best thing about using Square for Retail is the simplicity. I can train a user on it in literally about 5 minutes. The learning curve on previous point of sale systems would take up to an hour.

Cons

Sometimes the card reader can have difficulty sensing the magnetic stripe of cards, requiring a couple extra swipes to get it to register.

Awesome

Pros

I loved this app for business sales. I sends a text receipt and email if wanted!Definitely worth the purchase of the app can track all transactions.

Cons

Sometimes slow connection and can't hit numbers a lot during a freeze or it charges wrongly. No other issues.

Square

Overall Square for Retail is a quality option to have at your disposal. I think it represents the best product of its kind; plus the company sends a Square reader to you for free.

Pros

Square was very easy to operate. For clients who preferred a POS transaction, this was perfect. There wasn't too much to learn about the usage. Simply plug the square into your phone and swipe the card. I don't have to worry about invoicing the client or waiting on payment; which is always a plus.

Cons

Very few of my clients carry their cards into the gym with them. This requires them to have to return to their car to retrieve their card in order for me to complete the transaction. I think in these cases the overall transaction takes a bit longer than I am comfortable with; especially if I am running back to back clients.

Perfect product for mobile type businesses

This is a excellent product with competitive rates.

Pros

I love that I can use this processor online or on your mobile. The cloud-based software is easy to use as well as track deposits, payments received, and refunds. With the online platform, you can send clients invoices directly through email without additional charges. This is extremely helpful for home-based businesses.

Cons

I have not found anything that I don't like about this software.

A Must-Have For Small Businesses

Square was the #1 solution for our exterior retail needs. A simple system with basic, fleshed-out features. Overall the concept is well thought out and we wouldn't be the same without it. Square has opened the door for success beyond the limitations of E-Commerce retail.

Pros

The mobility of Square is the most fantastic aspect of the Square service. If we don't end up using the fully-fledged POS system, we have the option to use a simple phone-attached card payment device. We can go anywhere and take our store with us!

Cons

The lack of ability to upload a stock of products with a CSV file. We have hundreds of items, each with different elements and aspects, no two items are the same, thus it is time consuming to transfer items from our other e-commerce platforms to Square.

Even without power, we handled it with Square

Pros

I love LOVE love that all you need is a smart device and some form of internet to process. Using my smart phone when power went out was amazing and instead of having to shut down shop, we kept going. It is also very simple to figure out tax and such when a calculator isn't available.

Cons

The only drawback is that payments are delayed, sometimes for a whole business day, when internet isn't available. I had data for the majority of the transactions, but lost connection at some point. It did take a bit longer for the sales to arrive to our account but it still came though for us.

Pretty solid product

Pros

The retail POS stand has helped me grow my little cafe business. Customers also tip more with it. Thanks Square

Cons

I don't like how long it takes for me to batch out. Lots of buttons to press and reports to pull to reconcile things for my accountant.

Simple and easy system

Great so far I been using them over 1 year now

Pros

Simple to build website with payment system including plus they offer a free plan but I use paid plan

Cons

Need better website templates and better different layouts

Best simple retail tool

Retail/ POS

Pros

It is probably the most user-friendly software on the market for both the retailer and the customer.

Cons

With the simplicity comes the downfall of not always having the best uses to connect with accounting software or inventory options.

Great - for the iPad

It was fine for my inventory-based sales location where I could have an iPad on site. Just not practical for a business where I carry my phone and a laptop.

Pros

This card reader has been around for a very long time - over a decade I think. I started using it for another business way back in the day, and have since begun a freelance writing business where I don't have a lot of in-person interaction with clients. Square for retail is easy to use and relatively competitive in pricing. Back when I had inventory, Square made it easy to manage that.

Cons

It's only for iPad! Come on, people, some of us have Kindles, Androids or even cell phones we want to use with out mobile businesses. Introduce a more varied product and I might consider recommending this to someone.

Easy for card reading on the go

Pros

This is great for our business when we need to get a debit or credit payment quickly, even in bad weather

Cons

Sometimes our card readers mess up and cause our ipads to completely shut down, and our card readers don't always read the cards

Great Tool for the Modern World

It makes vendor events go smoothly and increases sales because people are able to pay with card.

Pros

When doing vendor events, it's so nice to have this software. It comes with a credit card reader that attaches to your phone, so people can pay with card and you don't have to have a cash register.

Cons

In order to not pay a fee, you have to share your link with people and have them sign up. I wish there were other ways to get the service for free.

Excellent for small businesses

Pros

Customers love the quick processing. Easily accept payments while anywhere. Now that chip-cards are accepted, no issues.

Cons

Took a bit for chip-card readers to be available and inmplemented. That was an issue. Now all is well.

Powerful processing and convenience

I have been using this for online and I'm person processing for almost 2 years. It has fundamentally changed the way we do business since it is easy to deploy and manage. The customer convenience over and against outdated CC processing requiring computer systems galore is amazing!

Pros

It is so easy to manage payments and customers whether in person or online.

Cons

Back office reporting is not as intuitive as I would expect from how easy it is to use.

Easy to learn and easy to use

Pros

Sleek and simple UI, makes for a much simpler and more adaptable POS. I like how they make it easy to configure for your business’ needs.

Cons

I’ve used square at multiple jobs, and I don’t have any issues with it.

I love square

Pros

Thankful that this credit card processing is easy to use. Also, square offers chargeback protection!

Cons

My compliant is that Apple changed the headphone jack and I have to use a dumb tail to take credit cards.

Lifeline of one of my businesses

Pros

I can track sales and everything from any device for a side retail business while I work my main career

Cons

Nothing I don’t like, the fees are okay with me no more than the volume my store is doing right now

Great for Donations and Product Sales

Used for fundraiser sales for our scout troop. We love being able to use it for Cookie Sale, ticket sales, and other product sales.

Pros

Works very well for product sales for nonprofit fundraising. Setting up my products with pictures makes it easy to create purchases.

Cons

I have used the software for a few years now and have not had any issues. I highly suggest Square to every scout leader that I meet.

Square App Review

I prefer to use this over PayPal, Venmo, and Facebook pay because it logs and keeps a record of every invoice/transaction made!

Pros

I love this software because it allows me to accept payment on the go from anywhere whether it be with my chiro office or my jewelry business.

Cons

The initial setup is lengthy but once it’s done, the info saves which is amazing!

Convenient and easy

Pros

I love that you can take it anywhere It is convenient and a time saver It is very small so you can carry it around

Cons

I don't like the fee that is charged to the user It is small so it is easy to misplace

Best Payment Processing Device for a Small Business

Pros

Square is the best option on the market for a small business to process card payments. Square is easy to use and processes payments seamlessly and securely. The selling point for me is the fact that square is easily recognizable to consumers which helps them feel more secure when completing a transaction with a small business.

Cons

The fee for square starts at 2.75% of all purchases made through the software, they also charge additional fees for stands and chip reading devices. While this does not affect customers, it does make a difference for small business especially when there are high operation costs involved in the price of sales. It would be nice to have a flat rate subscription available.

Awesome app!

Still a great product to use. Not terribly expensive. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

I love using this for personal use or at work. Not very costly and easy interface. I can find a product quickly to take care of our customers.

Cons

It did get rid of a few of the features from the free app. Also doesn’t have as an attractive interface as before.

Square POS

Overall it was easy to take payments but got a little tedious to have to manually enter all your stock. But once you had it loaded then it was easy to find the item by a keyword. i have friends that use Square for their businesses and they are happy so overall it is worth the time to invest in the card readers.

Pros

I liked that I could sell my products anywhere with the swipe card reader. Made it easy to go to craft shows or other events that I needed to take a payment.

Cons

Sometimes the card reader would take a few swipes to actually read the card, and customers would kinda worry I was charging them more than once.

WE LOVE SQUARE

Pros

VERY EASY TO USE, ALWAYS 100% ACCURATE.... WE LIKE THAT WE CAN TRACK ALL OF OUR LARGE INVENTORY AT A GLANCE AND A PUSH OF A BUTTON. WE ARE ABLE TO HAVE OUR INVENTORY DONE CORRECTLY BECAUSE OF SQUARE.

Cons

SOMETIMES IT FREEZES WHEN WE DO NOT WANT IT TO. WE HAVE TO REBOOT AND THE SYSTEM IS FINE. THIS HAS ONLY OCCURED A COUPLE OF TIMES AND HAS NOT OCCURED ANY MORE