Square for Retail Reviews - Page 7

POS Made Easy by Square

Awesome

Pros

Square for Retail's analytics for day to day sales is amazing and really makes the POS systems of yesteryear obsolete.

Cons

It'd be much better if Square for Retail worked with Cashapp.

Good value for the money !

Keeping track of sales per day is so much easier ! The system makes it easy to interpret.

Pros

After initial intro it was easy to use.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve for us all but now things are smooth !

Great retail app for the price!

I support a non-profit who has no paid employees. We run an annual 5K and let attendees register the day of. We also sell some gear (sweatshirts, headbands, etc.) the day of. Using Square allowed us to offer credit card purchases the day of our 5K. It was very convenient as all of our volunteers working either at registration or the gear tables, had smart phones. The app was downloaded on each smartphone and used that day. Very simple and very convenient!

Pros

I like the ease of use. It didn't take long to learn it.

Cons

Wish there were more in the reporting features. You can export the data and do the heavy lifting in Excel, but would be nice to have it built into Square.

Love having the ability to be able to accept debt and credit cards on the go!

It has opened alot of opportunities and possibilities to my small business that wouldn't have been an option otherwise.

Pros

The option to all my customer to order on line or pay me on the spot for goods and services.

Cons

It was a little bit confusing at first but customer service walked me through it easily and very helpful with my questions.

Square

Pros

Square is really simple to use and has been really helpful for me in the past to accept credit card payments from people. Since most people do not have cash, this is a very convenient way to still be able to do business.

Cons

I don't like that there is a fee get your money. Also, with all of the new apps and money services, recently I find I am more likely to use something else besides square to receive money.

Good payment platform...

Great experience. Service was prompt getting back to us and its been a real time saver for our business.

Pros

Easy to use and program. Deposits are set it and forget.

Cons

No option for self check out for customer.

Square for easy transactions!

The biggest benefits from square have been for all of the small businesses that operate at festivals or small offices that need a small card reader. It’s a huge help.

Pros

I love using square. It makes it so easy and actually possible to have transactions occur anywhere even without cash or big bulky machines.

Cons

Square is really simple - it has all the features I need, so no complaints here. I only wish more people had it.

Square

I have never had a problem. My money is always deposited directly in my account by the next day.

Pros

Square is so easy to use. I sent invoices out for my business and people can enter their card information and pay or I can scan their card when I deliver their items.

Cons

The cost is a little much for a small business that only does a $100 in sales a week. I use it for a small homebased business.

Pretty simple to use

Pros

Quick easy and customizable for every day needs and all types of business

Cons

You have to use there chip readers witch can be expensive for a new compay

Gift from god

Pros

This makes selling products on the go so easy and doable anyone can do it or use the software

Cons

The software has no flaws that I’ve seen I just worry to lose the square it self

Great and easy electronic payment

Its great! I really enjoy being able to use this wherever and whenever.

Pros

The super cheap and easy to use interface is awesome. Being able to carry a card reader at all times has improved the way I take deposits for gear rentals.

Cons

I dont have any problems with the software. I havent experienced any bugs or something that would make me debate switching.

Great tool for small businesses

Pros

The setup is easy as is entering inventory and keeping customer information. Has worked smoothly from day one. The UI is very easy and intuitive

Cons

The cost overhead may be a little high for some people. Depending on what system you use for doing your books it may be a bit of a challenge exporting the data in the right format if it isn't natively supported

Convenient Way for Customers to Pay

Very easy to understand, and use. Money is deposited in a couple of days and we have not once had any issue with using it.

Pros

Getting invoices paid on the spot. Money deposited into our account at a acceptable rate. All for a good price.

Cons

Charging an extra fee on invoices to use it, it is understandable though. There is a price for convenience.

Square works for me!

I've been using Square now for several years after switching from other credit card processing solutions. During this time, I have not had any problems and always receive my funds without incident and on time. Much superior to PayPal in my opinion and I have pretty much stopped using that service.

Pros

The spartan software is easy to use and mostly self-explanatory. Basic functionality is free on mobile devices or the internet. Includes a handy invoice generator that looks pretty professional.

Cons

The optional add on devices (such as the terminals) seem pricey to me, which has kept me from ordering them. Processing fees are average.

Great

I used it before every day at work. You can charge people a set price or custom amount. Great for small businesses.

Pros

It’s very easy to use, the design of the software is great and most importantly it doesn’t shut down, works as you expect it to. Safe choice for your business.

Cons

I haven’t really noticed any cons to be honest with you.

Great for making sales away from store

We were able to bring the Square with us to events and make credit card sales where we previously could only accept cash. It's easy for an employee to select a pre-loaded item, add tax (or, for services, no tax), and swipe the card, and email a receipt. Refunds are a little more complicated.

Pros

We're able to make sales when we're away from our store. We downloaded the Square app on a tablet and phone and can swipe a credit card for purchases--it's really simple.

Cons

It's not easy to issue a refund without the administrator. This software does not integrate with the software we use for merchandise, so we need to manually adjust inventory numbers after making a sale. The percentage paid on our end for processing is relatively high.

Helpful for PTO

Very helpful and useful. We will continue to integrate and use more!

Pros

This is a friendly product to make shopping easier for our PTO parents. At school events, they now have the option of using a card instead of cash or check. The particularly like the emails we receive from square detailing purchase totals, deposits, etc. This helps our records.

Cons

You have to have this installed in every device you intend to use the square with. It doesn't take long, but does require you to download and have internet. I wish there was a way to make the transactions by swiping and then upload those / push through when internet became available again... like a holding room in case interuptions in internet service.

An App perfect for small businesses!

Square is amazing! It makes transactions on the go so much easier. From doing a brick and mortar store, to selling merch at a local Metal show on the side!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to use, how I could look back at previous transactions and keep track of the monthly profits, I love that it comes with a square reader to make brick and mortar transactions easy to use, I loved the capability to email customers their receipts, and most of all how the fees to use this service were fairly low!

Cons

I didn’t like that if I had to manually input a credit card number that it was an extra charge. It was also frustrating when the reader would not work at times with perfectly condition credit cards.

A great solution for our farmer's market sales

I love it, and would recommend using Square as a solution to anyone looking for a great way to manage transactions.

Pros

i really like that i can have a POS from wherever I am, I am able to use it in my retail storefront and I'm able to provide my services and products in a whole new way taking my POS mobile.

Cons

Fees are always not desireable, and sometimes they can hurt a little, but if you look at it as more of a service and the automation they give you then it seems like a pretty fair tradeoff

Don’t know what I would do without it

I do a lot of shows and I can easily process sales using this software. The analytics are great too!

Pros

Easy to use! Very straightforward! The customer support is amazing and I get my money quickly after sales transactions.

Cons

Not much to say here. I haven’t had any issues using it and don’t know how I would do shows without it.

Who would've thought transactions would be this easy 20 years ago

Convenient, practical, and intelligent.

Pros

There is a lot of power in this tiny device. The ability to accumulate revenue and make sales from practically anywhere in the world, with this tiny gadget that just plugs into your phone. Unbelievable.

Cons

I do not get to use this software on a daily basis, and have been unable to locate any cons as of yet.

Square for Retail

Pros

I love the ease of use along with the ability to use the software on multiple devices.

Cons

Key features are needed such as printing a gift receipt.

Easy and quick to use

Overall, it has a been positive. I believe they make a great product.

Pros

I like how easy and versatile this software is. You can use the reader, or a manual entry option. It keeps things simple, and is quick to email receipts.

Cons

The fees associated with the charges, but it comes with the territory. However, there are other programs that do not work as well with lower fee costs.

Dead in the water without this!

People don't carry cash around anymore and if they do, they save it for something special. With this service, I can make it work for anyone that's hungry!!

Pros

I love that I just need a device and I can go anywhere and sell any time.

Cons

I can't think of any. The software is simple to use and makes things super easy and efficient.

Great and friendly system.

Personally I enjoy using square much more than any other form of register. As a consumer and someone who works with it, it is very friendly for both sides.

Pros

-Easy to use -faster processing -Minimalist, and clean. -portable

Cons

It can take a bit of getting used to, but other than that, I haven't experienced any cons.