Square for Retail Reviews - Page 8

Great for making sales away from store

We were able to bring the Square with us to events and make credit card sales where we previously could only accept cash. It's easy for an employee to select a pre-loaded item, add tax (or, for services, no tax), and swipe the card, and email a receipt. Refunds are a little more complicated.

Pros

We're able to make sales when we're away from our store. We downloaded the Square app on a tablet and phone and can swipe a credit card for purchases--it's really simple.

Cons

It's not easy to issue a refund without the administrator. This software does not integrate with the software we use for merchandise, so we need to manually adjust inventory numbers after making a sale. The percentage paid on our end for processing is relatively high.

Great and friendly system.

Personally I enjoy using square much more than any other form of register. As a consumer and someone who works with it, it is very friendly for both sides.

Pros

-Easy to use -faster processing -Minimalist, and clean. -portable

Cons

It can take a bit of getting used to, but other than that, I haven't experienced any cons.

Don’t know what I would do without it

I do a lot of shows and I can easily process sales using this software. The analytics are great too!

Pros

Easy to use! Very straightforward! The customer support is amazing and I get my money quickly after sales transactions.

Cons

Not much to say here. I haven’t had any issues using it and don’t know how I would do shows without it.

Terrible customer services

Not impressed. My customer experience was horrible. The app is fine, but it's the company itself that's MESSY.

Pros

I used to like how easy Square was to use and thought they were customer friendly. They're not, and when I needed help they recommended I choose a different platform.

Cons

They will deactivate your account and give you vague reasons for why it was deactivated (this has happened twice now). Once your account is deactivated, there's no way to reactivate the account--you have to create a new account with banking info. When I called customer support to ask why they deactivated our first and second accounts (at separate times), the customer service rep wouldn't give a solution and recommended that we try a different platform....YIKES.

Square for Retail Review

At my last job we used Square for retail to process all transactions. The product is super easy to use and can be quickly learned for new users.

Pros

The interface of Square is user friendly and easy to use when processing retail transactions. I like the fact that you can use the square even without a card reader, by punching in card information manually. It has saved me a few times.

Cons

I don't have any issues using Square for retail. It is pretty straight forward to use while keeping an organized history of all transactions.

Square is a simple to use product.

Easy to use credit card processing on a mobile phone.

Pros

I've only used Square for a few transactions and haven't really explored all the features but I'm quite happy with the overall experience. The app is easy to use and simple and the Square reader works 100% of the time (mag stripe reader). It's easy to set up products, coupons, discounts etc.

Cons

I haven't come across any real cons yet. Perhaps maybe pricing 2.65% but I think that is actually on the low side across the board, so maybe not a con?

Makes business transactions hassle free!!!

Pros

My mother in law makes cakes and sells them on her own. There was no store register to use and she had to make the cakes and take payment, which became overwhelming. She was taking cash because she had no way to take card, which was difficult because everyone uses cards now. So when she enlisted our help, the first we did was buy a Square Reader. Now, we just hook it up to her phone, while she grabs the food, they swipe and they are on their way. This has made work easier on all of us!

Cons

Sometimes, very rarely, it takes an extra swipe. In the end, everything gets sorted and no double charges.

Truly no hidden fees

Its been amazing not to have to worry about how much extra we will have to pay them each month. Clear and transparent transactions

Pros

You know what you're paying on every transaction, no need to go monthly through the statement trying to figure out where the hidden fees are popping up, no minimum number of transactions, just great.

Cons

I believe the new equipment could be free (chip reader) but this is just a rant! Nothing not to like about them.

Square is vital for small business owners

Square is very important for small business owners to firmiliarize themselves with.

Pros

Square is super easy and intuitive to use. Very simple to get started and usually a breeze to use when needed.

Cons

Square takes a larger chunk of credit cards than I would prefer, but there is not another comparable service.

great for new/ small buisness

very easy and positive. fast processing easy purchasing.

Pros

ease of use. can be transported almost anywhere. like the screen sign feature. hear the payments are quick.

Cons

cant find any negative option. but then again i dont know how expensive it is and if it helps match to your inventory control or payroll software.

User Friendly & Great for Business

I have used this to take point of sale transactions; it made it easier for me to make larger sales because I was able to take credit and debit cards.

Pros

Square made it easy for me to take point of sale credit card transactions.

Cons

I am not sure the fee associated with using this product is competitive. It may be, but I am not sure.

Less features than free version

Pros

The new inventory management could have been a great feature. However, it eliminates the ability to enter inventory manually. It has the ability to process returns, however eliminates the ability to use other functions available in the free version.

Cons

The retail version has less features than the free version. Inventory can only be uploaded and can not be entered manually. The upload feature does include field matching, so it is a very, very laborious to convert from another system. Customer service is virtually non existent and not available on the weekends. We use have two square stands in our retail store. We love the current square system and were excited about the retail version and willing to pay the fee for both registers. We are looking for a more robust inventory system and POS and were excited about continuing with square. The new Square App does not come close to other POS systems . Very disappointing. I hope square improves this software before we select an alternative.

Super easy to use!

I love square! I paid for my girl scout cookies with a card for the first time ever :)

Pros

It's super quick to pay for things. Being able to connect square to your phone makes it possible for anyone to become a credit card retailer.

Cons

Like most credit card machines, sometimes swipes don't register so you have to try them multiple times.

Awesome for processing payments quickly and easily.

Pros

Great solution for an organizations that needs to process cards but doesn't want to sign up with a processor like Authorize.net.

Cons

It would be great if we were able to import some of the customers info into an email marketing program, but that might violate users privacy.

wife's small business

helped set it up for my wife's small business. she got the hardware and can now receive cards for her business transactions at markets.

Pros

lets you receive credit cards for your small business

Cons

none! its fantastic because it opens up payment methods for small businesses.. maybe the illusion of insecurity as you are dealing with smaller vendors.

We use Square for processing ticket sales for various events.

Pros

I like that it is easy to link a square account across multiple devices and access the sales and transactions simultaneously. It makes on-the-go transactions super easy!

Cons

I do not have any cons for this software. The only thing I would like to see is a tracking feature for when you misplace the square reader!

Square POS thoughts

Overall of the dozen pos's i have used before, Square is by far the easiest pos in the market.

Pros

The Ease of use as well as the functionality of it.

Cons

the creation of skus and long wait times on customer support. and the cost of the system and service.

This worked great for my MLM business

I really liked the product and would choose it again if i needed one.

Pros

This product worked great for my small business when i used to partake in a MLM business. I would recommend it.

Cons

I don't have too many cons. Sometimes it would take multiple swipes but nothing to really complain about.

Great for small businesses

Pros

Square for Retail really shines when it comes to onboarding new employees by being very user-friendly.

Cons

I found myself looking for some features that I thought would be there that just weren't in the end, like mobile notifications.

Pros

Compact, can be carried anywhere. Easy to install and use. Can accept payments anytime at any location.

Cons

Need wifi or cell service to use for transactions. If low or no signal, payment will not go through. Occasionally payment will be rejected due to type of card used.

Hassle free credit card processing now with tap to pay services for an easy to use checkout.

Pros

Great interface, well accepted. It works every time my customers use it. It is incredibly easy to add tips and tip totals have been higher since implementing.

Cons

Credit card processing fees are typical but I wish they were lower. The cost for the readers could be lower.

You need this if you have a small business

Pros

There is no easier way than to start accepting credit cards at your small business than with square. It's really easy to setup and it's free to startup.

Cons

The app used on devices can crash every now and then, but it's not difficult to start it back up.

Square is convenient for small start up

Pros

Square is convenient for small start up. you could even get loan that is conveniently removed from you income by percentage.

Cons

The only down side is that customer care is not so easily available and not right away. For small startup it's important.

Perfect For Our Events

As long as you have a strong internet connection, you're good to go and should have no problem taking payments through Square.

Pros

Anytime we are having an event, we take the Square with us. It's an easy way that our attendees can purchase raffle tickets, or pay for auction items. As fewer people are carrying cash on them, or even a checkbook, most of our purchases are done with this software. We are thankful!

Cons

There is nothing that I like least about this software.

Just awesome

Overall, it has made our selling experience much better and we never had to buy expensive hardware or silly tills. Would recommend.

Pros

Me and my wife own a little store selling fan art and original artwork. Square for retail is awesome. I love that we don't have to buy those silly machines that stores use. We can just use an ipad and be good to go. The user interface is also top notch. Simple to use. Everything is connected. Our online sales and retail sales are all tracked in the same place.

Cons

There really isn't anything bad about it. It's an industry disruptor for sure.