talech Logo

talech

Increase sales and grow your business with talech POS

talech Reviews - Page 13

Love it

Pros

Easy to use many choices to choose from equipment wise and their support is amazing well worth it

Cons

Really I don't have an it's easy to use and any questions I had technical support answered them

talech Review

so so

Pros

the theory of it. the thought that i could do everything i was told it could easily and a low cost.

Cons

versatility or lack of versatility. i run into issues with contacts and open orders when i try to make changes. the website seems to be very touchy.

Talech Stealing Money Because they Were not Processing Credit Cards Properly

Good until recently... Now critically terrible They were preauthorizing credit cards.... but when the tab was closed,,, their software could not do so because of card information corrupted (although the software states they are pre-authorized). This resulted in over $500 in tabs that cant be closed... not even by Talech themselves... So, they blamed everyone, including my internet provider, the...

Pros

The POS software works in most cases. The reporting is ok as well. Don't have experience with others besides square... but seems to work... However the majority of this software is to successfully collect money for exchange of products.... this is where it fails!!!!

Cons

Customer service to resolve critical issues with mis-handling credit card information, not admitting a problem and even accusing everyone else for our loss of money.

Works for simple to complex operations

We have used them with two separate businesses. One was a quick service, and the current one is a full service, fine dining environment. The register works with both of these. I was surprised at how easily we were able to expand and control our in-house systems. They have become so feature-rich over the years. Staff train quickly on it. Price point is competitive. Customer service is very good.

Pros

Discounting weekly specials - set once and done Tagging for specific printers, discounts Loyalty program Reporting Time Clck and time sheets Online ordering Table management

Cons

ICMP readers are sometimes an issue Wish there was an integrated reservation system

The new house account stuff seems to be a benefit for someone like me. I let folks run a tab. The software has gone down on me a few times during a shift and Talech just asks you to be patient. The lack of knowledge from the help desk is frustrating.

Pros

Easy to navigate, fairly straight forward.

Cons

If there is an issue, it all goes down and customer service is not helpful usually. I have had to call other IT people in to get us up and running because help desk usually can't or they take an hour for a one button fix to a problem.

Normal POS system.

Pros

Has lots of options. I can manage employess with this.

Cons

It is not stable. Especially if I use this with 3~4stations , it is not working properly.

Marty's Restaurant & Retail Operational Review of Talech POS System

We have only solved the items under Pros. although talech systems also begins to make it easier for us to do at least retail inventory easier to determine. However, dealing with a customer service staff who are really only there to get us off the phone as quickly as possible while attempting to fix a specific problem is frustrating. More often than not, they are not given the time to sufficiently...

Pros

1. Makes it easy for customers to check out faster 2. Makes it easy for servers to send menu tickets to the kitchen

Cons

1. Reporting features. The totals in each categories (retail, or restaurant) are never totaled. Bank settlement totals for different forms of payments, etc., are the only totals there are except Dine In, and To Go, tips, and gratuity. We got the POS system so we could get reports on costs, profitability, in each category both in beverages (wine, draft beers and food (per menu items- quantities...

Owner of The 1000 Islands Cruet

Overall I think the software works great. I have one thing that would make it even better. It has to do with your discount part. You can't discount different items separately without going into each item being sold. Example: I sell 3 size bottles of oil and vinegars. I run a special buy five and get one free on the smaller size is 60 ml. If that's all they buy it works great. The problem...

Pros

Ease of use, reports, layout of pages, customer service.

Cons

limited discount ability.

Thomas, thank you so much for writing a review and providing such detailed feedback. I have shared your feedback regarding discounting with the product team. Please continue to share thoughts with us - we love to hear from you and really value your feedback. Thank you for being a customer!

Talech POS

Talech works great for us at our retail store. We have many SKUs and building the product list was very taunting but I imagine that it would have been on most software platforms with the large number of products we carry. Once it is up and running it performs very well and provides some reporting, there could be more, but whats here is useful. Tier 1 tech support has not been very useful with a lot of my issues but once you get to Tier 2 its much better. Overall this is a great software with a nice interface. If you need a POS definitely give Talech a look.

Pros

The interface on this software is very nice at the register. While it seems to be designed for restaurants it can be easily transitioned into retail very easily. It is easy to navigate and has a great flow that can be taught very easily to new employees.

Cons

Can be buggy at times on the web interface. Since you are relying on web browsers there are many factors that can cause the software to act strangely at times. Also I wish there was better integration with QuickBooks.

Very functional, great backend reporting, quite user friendly

Pros

Ease of use is it's strong point for sure! I've trained a volunteer to use it in a matter of minutes. It really takes the feel of a standard cash register, compatible with all sorts of Bluetooth devices for card readers, scanners, and printers. Looking up previous sales and daily totals by various segmented data is great, no needing to log into a separate program or computer interface.

Cons

It can be a little bit of a pain when trying to work with both a keyboard and a Bluetooth device, or if you are using multiple terminals close to one another. I also dislike the open order feature, it defaults to saving any order you've started prior and just lists them for days.

Software user since 2016

I have used many different accounting systems with inventory. Overall this software shows real potential as an easy to setup and easy to use system.

Pros

This software is easy to setup and use. Customer support is great. I’ve only had to contact them a couple of times and the problems were fixed very quickly. The description field is large enough to allow a proper description of my products. The tags and categories give me breakdowns on the reports so I can determine what is selling and what not to purchase again. The markup field makes it easy for me to determine sale prices of my products. The inventory log helps me find a customer sale so I can do proper return prices for my customers.

Cons

I wish the tags were listed in alphabetical order. I wish the sales tickets were available for more than 2 months so I could do returns to credit cards instead of having to give my customers cash. When I have trouble with my internet connection and it get dropped after it hits the gateway, there is no way for me to determine that the charge went through. I’ve had at least a dozen instances of this...

Video Game Store Owner Review

We have loved Talech since we got it. It's got a lot of great features that other POS's don't have or utilize as well as Talech. Keeping with cash or orders is made simple, though my only real complaint is that as a video game store, we take in a lot of used items purchased from customers. When we pay out in cash, it's fine. Talech keeps up with that, but there isn't a really great way of doing it...

Pros

I love the ease of use, and how within minutes of using it, I already had the hang of it. There weren't any features that I wasn't made aware of by the software immediately, because it's all out in plain view rather than some backdoor menu. It's responsive and I love the fact I can keep up with my customers, and their data with it including sending out emails to them periodically.

Cons

I really hate during a transaction that if you accidentally add an item or have a customer remove one from their cart that you have to trash the entire order. That slows the process, and keeps the customer from having a smooth checkout process. Honestly, it feels like sometimes due to the credit card machine that we are known as those guys who might be having problems today. That sucks lol. That's almost been enough where I have wanted to switch because its not our POS software but just one we use.

Thank you for your review and feedback, Spenser. I've shared your product feedback with the product team. Please continue to share your thoughts with us - we love to hear from you. Thanks for being a talech customer.

I'm considering switching to a different POS system

At first, we all loved our new Talech POS. It is very easy to use and train new hires on. Then all these updates rolled in and some of the features didn't work for us. First, employees were able to print out their daily time sheet that included their sales for the day. This was not a good thing for our company, because we work as a team and we have people on the sales floor making the sales and then...

Pros

That it is cloud based and we use apple ipads

Cons

It is glitchy at times, the time sheet with individual employee sales needs to go. Purging 3 month old tickets and we can't find them unless we call tech support.

Thanks for sharing the feedback and chatting with us about your experience. We are checking on some features and will get back to you soon.

Excellent Platform, Easily Manageable

We have been using Talech for about 2 years now to run our Tasting Room attached to our brewery's production area. The overall experience has been very positive, and the platform is excellent for managing the menu list, structure, and for culling information for reporting from a distance. I myself (the primary managing owner) operate the platform from Omaha, NE. My business is in Washington State,...

Pros

Flexible, easy to understand, intuitive, easy to modify, easy to pull reports, manageable from a distance, continuously improving and updating.

Cons

Inability to have a common pool of inventory for different categories to pull from with respect to inventory management; new beta interfaces have splendid reporting capacity but need to become the standard rather than the tested exception.

Thanks for writing such a nice, detailed review, John. We're so glad that talech is working so well for you and your business. I have passed along your feedback, especially regarding inventory management, with the product team. We really appreciate feedback like that! Please continue to share - we love to hear from you!

Great product overall

Pleasant and professional staff, which is what won us over when we first decided on the program. Love that everything is cloud-based and also can be accessed from anywhere. Menus are easy to create and modify. Great overall functionality but a few improvements could be made - offering partial refunds, for example. Also, would appreciate more prompt and regular auto-batching (we have ours set up but...

Pros

Please refer to review.

Cons

Please refer to review.

Thanks for being a customer and writing such a detailed review! I've shared your feedback regarding the partial refunds, auto-batching, and hardware with the product team. Please continue to share with us - we love to hear from you!

Cheapseats need to approve

Hi I love the software its ease of use there are only 2 issues I have #1 that employees can delete and avoid easily and shouldn't be able to so lets say they put the order in they can slide the item over and delete/void with pass code employees shouldn't be able to delete/void ever unless they have the owners pass code..when we cant run credit cards its takes forever for your company to fix it you...

Pros

The ease of it so easy to use and understand.

Cons

It allows anyone to delete/void a product if the slide the item over so I know I have gotten lost dollars for it the system needs to require the owner pass code for this to avoid employees stealing from me.

Thank you for the review and feedback, Norma. We're glad to hear that you love the software. Thanks for letting us know about the 2 issues you've had - I've passed along your feedback to the team so we can continue to improve. Please continue to share with us - we love hearing from you!

The 3 Weird Sisters

I feel overall the customer service is lacking. When a recording says "we are sorry for the long hold", that tells me you are not only aware of the problem but doing little to fix it. I have to schedule a call to get simple answers asked to be told they will have to look into and get back to me. I am usually not available to receive that call when and if it comes because I'm either not at work,...

Pros

The cloud storage

Cons

Can not reach help when needed and I feel like I get a runaround

Thanks for being a customer and writing a review, Beth. I am sorry to hear that support has been difficult to reach and that the hold times have been so long. I've passed along your feedback to the support team so they can continue to work make improvements. Thanks for being candid and letting us know.

Good product for the price

Pros

I like how easy it is to customize the interface of the iPad app. I can easily color coordinate sections and subsections, rearrange everything to fit our needs. I also love the online ordering system, we take on average a dozen online orders a day. There are of course things I wish we could change about the system, but overall, it does the job, and does it well!

Cons

Not a fan of the online ordering setup. If I wish to have a product hidden on our online store, it also hides it on our iPad, which does not work too well. The program is also very laggy when you first try to login, takes 5 seconds or so every time - just freezes. Also, if someone tries to tip us with a custom tip amount, sometimes the text box covers up the amount section - and we've had people almost tip us $2,000 multiple times - the box needs to be moved.

Talech Pros and Cons

Talech has been a good transformation from old style cash registers for our business. I think it would do Talech good to look into what reastaurants actually need for the system to really be an asset to us. While I like Talech its ease of set up for my business was very complicated and Talech support nor boomtown could really help with what I needed. I was able to figure it out but it was a long process....

Pros

It's easy to see my monthly/weekly/daily sales The ability to print which catafories you want in the kitchen It's ease of use and ability to train new employees on

Cons

it doesn't have the functionality for a pizza reststaurant. No delivery option Don't have the ability to add store credit without doing a refund.

Kari - thank you so much for being a customer and writing a review with such detailed feedback. We love hearing from customers like you! I have shared your feedback with the team so we can continue to make improvements to help you and your business. Please keep it coming!