talech Logo

talech

Increase sales and grow your business with talech POS

talech Reviews - Page 3

AW

Amy W.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Not happy with update

The 4.0 update is horrible!! Not user friendly at all. Settings that were avalible are now not. Staff can not find orders as easy as they could. To many screens for staff to choose from. Program used to be very very easy. New staff and non technology efficient staff could use older versions with ease. The new update is hard to follow and staff keeps losing place and orders. Looking at other pos system. To many issue lately with software and other things with TALECH. Ive told many people to go with this product before this later update. I wish I would not have. Im losing my trustabilty with colleagues.

Pros

Older versions were wonderful. Easy to use, easy for people who didnt know much about technology to use. Easy to find what the staff needed or orders

Cons

New version is aweful. To many screens, to many buttons, buttons and options that were there are now not, easy to change orders you dont need to be in.

Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback about the recent update. We're so sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the updated app. We'd love to connect to hear more about what's not working and how we can help. Our Head of Product has reached out and would love to chat with you personally. And as always our support team is here to help. Either way, we'd love to hear from you and help make things work the way you want.

dw

david w.

Retail, 1-10 employees

best pos system out there

no issues, does the work for me, awesome system! does all of the paper work for me, taxes, sales, employee time clock. lowest rates and the best customer service!

Pros

it does all of the work for me. taxes, time clock, sales trends.... ease of use and excellent customer support

Cons

David, thanks for being a customer and the positive review! We're so glad that talech is working so well for you. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

KA

Kevin A.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Kevin Auernig review of Talech

I have been a customer of Talech since 2013 when I had one store. Now I have 10! They have grown with my company and have been so accommodating along the way!

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service

Cons

That I can't use First Data with their gift cards.

Kevin - we appreciate having Sodalicious as such a long-time and loyal customer. It's been great working with you and getting helpful feedback so we can continue to improve the product. Please continue to share! We love hearing from you.

sw

steven w.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Happy with Talech

Not being familiar with ios I was apprehensive about using Talech on an ipad for our POS system. It's actually been a really good choice. Staff has adapted quickly. Easy interface, a short learning curve for all users. Not going anywhere we're sticking with this one.

Pros

Short Learning Curve

Cons

have to learn your way around ios

Thank you for being a talech customer and writing a review, Steven. We're so happy to hear that it's been a good solution and easy transition for you and your team. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. We are here for you!

CM

Charles M.

Keeps getting better

Pros

We use it for multiple retail stores and use the inventory management function. It has improved greatly in the last year. We'd like to see some integration to view the inventory across multiple stores simultaneously. Keep up the great work.

Cons

Hardware choices need to be all integrated into one unit.

Thanks for the review and feedback, Charles. I've shared your request for multi-store inventory management with the product team so they can continue to work on features and functionality that are important to you and your business. Please continue to share request and feedback with us. Thank you for being a talech customer!

ic

isaac c.

Experienced Talech User

This is a great software for restaurants and retail stores. We customize it for our grooming salon, and it works very well. Very easy to log on and view receipts and revenue history and keep track of inventory.

Pros

Very user-friendly

Cons

-may freeze the ipad sometimes. Just reboot the ipad. -1/20 credit card through slider may not work sometimes, have to disconnect n reconnect. Minimal issues. No big deal.

RN

Rachel N.

Talech Review

Talech covers most of the bases for us. We would love for their to be an invoice feature for our net 30 customers though.

Pros

Great for walkin orders

Cons

Inability to invoice Net 30 customers, returns are not easy to preform

Rachel, thanks for your review and product feedback. I've shared with the team so they are aware. Please continue to share requests and feedback with us so we can work on improving the product for you and your business. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Very functional, great backend reporting, quite user friendly

Pros

Ease of use is it's strong point for sure! I've trained a volunteer to use it in a matter of minutes. It really takes the feel of a standard cash register, compatible with all sorts of Bluetooth devices for card readers, scanners, and printers. Looking up previous sales and daily totals by various segmented data is great, no needing to log into a separate program or computer interface.

Cons

It can be a little bit of a pain when trying to work with both a keyboard and a Bluetooth device, or if you are using multiple terminals close to one another. I also dislike the open order feature, it defaults to saving any order you've started prior and just lists them for days.

AS

Andy S.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Talech app is awesome.

I love my talec app! The register option works great for my specialty boutique, and online support is great. I do however wish that the folks I have to go through to use this product at Elevon would get their act together.

Pros

Talec is awesome

Cons

Having to go through Elevon to use it. Please find different representation in Wisconsin. Elevon is doing you a large disservice.

Thanks so much for being a talech customer and writing a review, Andy! We're thrilled to hear that you love talech and the support team. If you have any feedback about the app, especially with latest update, please let us know. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

CM

Christine M.

Restaurants,

Robust and easy to use for technically challenged restaurant employees

We have used this product for about 1.5 years now. Training was great to make set up fairly painless. The reports are great for processing payroll and sales taxes. We don't use it for inventory but it looks like that would be easy to use as well. Our staff likes it and we as business owners like that we can see what's going on even when we aren't there.

Pros

Easy to use and reports

Cons

Don't really have anything

Thanks for writing a review, Christine! And for being a loyal customer. We're so happy to hear that training was great and the product is working so well for you. We'd be happy to help you with using talech for inventory - reach out anytime if you need assistance. We're here to help!

SV

Steve V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

The register

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the system. We've had inventory issues and sign in requirements change with updates. It has been an easy system to use.

Pros

easy for the most part

Cons

inventory changes on it's ownOperst

Steve, thanks for being a customer and writing a review! We're so glad to hear you've had a good experience with talech. If there is anything we can do to help, especially with inventory changes, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here for you!

JM

John M.

User since 2015

Pros

Over the last 5 years: - Continual updates to the software - Inclusion of traditional store (inventory) and bar (draft) functionality - Syncing with Quickbooks Online

Cons

- Largely the same reporting from day one - Campaign functionality is barebones - Saving of loyalty customer to credit card has a lot of flaws

LA

Linda A.

Farming, 11-50 employees

Talech software review

We have been using Talech for 2.5 years. It works pretty well for us. Have been happy with the improvements. Main improvements I would like to see is reports with subtotals when downloaded and a more robust quickbooks integration. As it stands, I am not able to use it.

Pros

Flexible, easy to set up and maintain.

Cons

Reporting is really lacking. No subtotals. Downloads are just data dumps. QuickBooks integration is terrible.

JC

Jean-Claude C.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

restaurant pad

Pros

I like it a lot, but the wait staff doesn't care for and they want to use another system,

Cons

1/ never know when the system is updated, why an email is not send 2/ Software issue on categories not resolved for weeks now 3/ limited help on the weekend 4/ too difficult to split check once the ticket is done, too much time for the wait staff

MW

Madonna W.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Talech is so easy and accurate!

Restaurant POS We change our specials daily and it takes seconds to update the POS with sales info, modifiers, categories, inventory, and cost info. Timesheets are also accurate and easy to use for QB payroll. Breaks it all down so my monthly reporting is a breeze.

Pros

Accurate and easy to use

Cons

Reporting could be better at ipad level.

Madonna, thanks for being a talech customer and writing a positive review. We're glad that the software is working so well for you. We'd love if you could share more about what reporting you'd like to see at the iPad level - we're always looking to make the product work better for your business. Thanks!

BM

Blake M.

Bar & resturant

The system is very fast moble and runs smooth. The main feature that benefits my bar and resturant is the tab sharing feature on multiple registers. The one function that could be improved is the way to start a tab. Swiping a card into the system to start a tab instead of typing their name would greatly improve the speed and convenience for the employee.

Pros

The processing and mobility

Cons

The ease of starting a tab for the customer

Thanks for your review and feedback, Blake. I've shared your feedback about tabs with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us. We love to hear from you. Thank you for being a customer!

CC

Carter C.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Not made for my Business

The overall idea of this point of sale system is great, however it just isn't made for a record store. I am entering in new inventory each week and over time it is causing my Talech App on my iPad to run slower and slower. There are times where it takes up to 5 minutes in order to sign in and get everything loaded. Normally I would blame the iPad, but it works flawlessly on everything else. I just don't think the app itself can handle thousands upon thousands of different items. It works for now for the most part, but I will probably have to change point of sale systems soon in order to keep everything running smooth.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

Gets slower over time

JC

Justin C.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Sports Utilization

Easy product to use and maintain. Would like to see enhanced reporting options. We have struggled with the reports and being able to see what programs our customers have paid for. Access to the raw data for our company would be helpful.

Pros

Simplicity in setting up inventory.

Cons

Need more reporting detail. Need access to raw data.

Thanks for the review and feedback, Justin. I've shared your thoughts on more robust reporting and more accessible support with the team. Please continue to share thoughts with us. We appreciate your honesty and business.

SH

Susan H.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Great product. Great price.

I never had an issue that customer service didn't stay on the line and figure it out. AlWay get a person when I can, not put on hold.

Pros

Easy to navigate

Cons

Don't care for the iPad. When it up dates we have issues. Sometimes have to reset program: cash drawer, printers, etc

Thanks for being a customer and writing a review, Susan. We're so glad to hear that you're happy with the support team and find the software easy to navigate. I've shared your feedback re: other devices with the product team. Please continue to share your thoughts. We love to hear from you!

JB

June B.

Talech Thoughts

We had a rocky start with the talech system, I'm not sure it was presented to us correctly. However the tech support has been very good except for the training portion which I believe has been corrected. The inventory system is good but could give a little more detail in the inventory tracking. Being able to folllow the daily activites of the store when I am not there is a plus.

Cons

We appreciate hearing from you and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues, June. I've shared your feedback with the product team. Also a member of our product team has reached out by email and phone to learn more. Please reply at your convenience. We'd love to help!

LB

Lisa B.

Middle of the Road

Updates sometimes cause significant changes and have made the system more complicated to use. There is no way to track or delete store credits, the system provides a total but you do not know where they are or how to delete. We ended up with store credits when we opened but cannot find to delete. We have had issues with inventory totals being off and there is no clear reason why, user error or system problem. A plus we use open orders to track layaways.

Cons

Thank you for your feedback, Lisa. We love hearing from customers about what can be better. Austin, a senior product manager, has reached out to learn more. Thanks in advance for speaking with him.

HM

Hugh M.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Good program, needs a few tweeks.

I would like off-line processing, but the set-up is easy and it's easy to use. Online report graphs need to be expanded to handle longer date-ranges. Graphs are visually nice, just need more date-range to be useful.

Cons

Thanks for the review, Hugh. I've shared your feedback about reporting with the product team. Please continue to share your thoughts with us. We love hearing from you! And are so happy to have you as a customer. Thanks!

MH

Mary Heinrich A.

Not totally happy

I feel that it shouldn't had been updated on a Saturday...the busiest day of the year. Also, I called for support that day and was left on hold and no response for over 15 minutes. I had customers waiting. Not honestly happy at this point. Mary

Pros

tracking on the website of information of sales days

Cons

more complicated

We appreciate hearing from you, Mary. We are sorry to hear that you have not been happy recently with the product or support. We would love to hear more and help make things right. A member of our product team has reached out via email to set up a time to chat and learn more. We'd love to chat at your convenience.

KR

Karen R.

Retail, self-employed

Store Owner

Being a new business and needed to have that phone call tech support was what sold me. the Tech support person directions were always easy to follow and understand! Does not matter what time of day or if it is week end. always hands on.

Pros

easy to use

Cons

consignment stores require additional software supports

Thank you for the feedback and review, Karen! We're so happy to hear that customer support has been such a great partner to you. I've passed along your feedback regarding consignment store needs. If you could share a bit more detail about what features/functionality you are seeking, it would be helpful!

MW

Madonna W.

Excellent Customer Support

Had a small issue and customer support via email was perfect. All resolved within moments. Then they followed up to be sure it was still working. Thanks!

Pros

Very user friendly

Cons

I'd love more report choices

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing a review, Madonna. We're so glad to hear that Customer Support was able to help you resolve your small issue. We also appreciate the product feedback - I've let the product team know about your request for more report choices. If you'd like to let us know specific reports that you'd like to see, please contact us at contact@talech.com. We'd love to hear from you!