talech Logo

talech

Increase sales and grow your business with talech POS

talech Reviews - Page 7

GOOD SOFTWARE - unfortunately too many glitches which can be resolved..

The customer service and tier 2 are weak or do not have any power to solve customer issues. Its been 4 months of following up but their has been no success in getting any solution to the issues. There has been no focus done to see the glitches and errors are fixed. I would wait for a few months to see if there is any resolution or will switch to another software< have sent several mails and calls ..

Pros

The software is priced good and has all the features under one umbrella for a restaurant user.

Cons

ONLINE ORDERING - does not print , and cant be used. LOYALTY - multiple complaints not resolved and no solution. TIME SHEET / Employee Management - Major liability issues no resolution REPORTS - reports are wrong between the download and view are different.

Talech Review

Good program, but when it goes down it goes down hard and it's hours before it's restored. Cloud based is a bonus, but useless when the software program goes down as there is non"offline" option. No return option after the day is done. Need help pushing communication out to end users. Need a multi pay scale per person option not just a workaround. Originally said they wanted us to have input in creating, don't feel that has happened. Mostly left on your own to learn and navigate through the program.

Cons

Kristie, we appreciate your candid feedback. Thanks for letting us know what has and hasn't been working. We'd love to know more about what challenges you've been having and how we can help. I've passed along your feedback regarding offline mode. We've made some improvements with offline mode and are working on making additional changes. It would be great to hear what you'd like to see for your business. Also we are happy to help you with the program in any way so you don't feel like you're having to learn and navigate on your own. Can we set up some time to address your questions or concerns? Or feel free to reach out to us at your convenience. We'd love to help!

great system

Really happy with talech. It is easy to use and the employees can figure it out! lots of options to use for sale items and to keep track of everything. overall price of the system seems to be cheaper than the other options and talech has more usability!

Pros

usability is easy and works perfectly for out business

Cons

none really

Thanks for writing a review, Sarah. We're so glad that the software is working so well for you and your team. Thank you for being a customer!

Great customer service

One thing is for sure if I ever have a problem, talech customer service ALWAYS can answer it in a timely manner!

Cons

We're so glad that we have been able to help! We're here for you, so please reach out any time. Thanks for writing a review and being a talech customer, Mike!

worst system I've used in my over 20 years restaurant experience .

Pros

Cons

everytrhing. Absolutely nothing is convenient or user friendly, unless you are running a very low volume company. I wouldn't recommend this system to anybody. Don't buy this pos system. not very easy to use in any way.

Cheap and easy

4.0 is better, still needs tweaking , needs delivery option, would like to see an option to make user send to kitchen before pay screen

Pros

Cost

Cons

Broken and needs to be reset all of the time with hardware

Of the best softwares for ipad when it comes to point of sale

Pros

Within the agency we have identified only 3 excellent point of sale options that are handled from an iPad, Talech has always been one of them.

Cons

We would like that Talech could be used in other devices to give it a larger number of users. Our clients do not always have an iPad and it is not an expense they want to make

Crash bang boom

I've been running this system since January 2015. It is not a good fit for my kind of business. I have a small carry out food shop, and when it gets busy this system crashes. It's not just one thing either, sometimes it's the printer disconnecting, othertimes it's the credit swiper disconnecting, or its inability to connect to the server to process credit transactions. I think if you have a smaller shop, maybe even a boutique this system will work for you, but as soon as you start doing some volume expect it to malfunction. The customer service team are nice and helpful however. I know because I contact them regularly.

Pros

When it works it's a good system.

Cons

It's always having issues.

Hi Bassel, we're so sorry to hear that talech isn't working for you in the way you need. A member of our team has reached out via phone and email to learn more and help. Please respond or reach out to our support team at your convenience. We're here to help! Thank you for being a customer.

We have basically taught ourselves about this software. Tech support is responsive and helpful.

It gets the job done at a very basic level.

Pros

Responsive tech support.

Cons

Not best match possible for consignment-model store/gallery. Need better indiv tracking, ck writing, inventory capabilities.

customers love it

our customers love the iPad and credit card processing. they say we are high tech and are impressed!

Pros

it is easy to learn and use

Cons

sometimes it runs slowly and often the card reader loses its signal

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing a review, Christina! Please don't hesitate to reach out any time with questions or feedback. We love hearing from you.

This was such an easy experience. The learning process and teaching others is great.

Pros

Really simple to use and it's easy to use the POS app. Also its compatible with all different types of Bluetooth devices.

Cons

The cost is a bit much. Also, the customer service representatives are hard to reach. It's a pain when using multiple terminals and we have to shut one down.

Great! Do recommend!

Talech has been great and hasn't let me down. It's super simple and easy to use! I've recommended talech to a lot of people!

Pros

Simple and fast.

Cons

Don't have any thing.

Thank you for writing such a nice review, Adrian. We are so glad that you are happy with talech. Thanks for being a customer. We appreciate you!

What I understood with Talech

To customer service I will give five stars because they are helpful and always tried to help you out until the problem is not solved. Software is easy to use and new version is much better. I will give features Three Stars because its not better or at par with Clover System POS. You guys can compare both of these products. If I have not paid full price for the Talech I could might move to Clover...

Cons

Thanks for writing a candid review, Anil. We appreciate your feedback! I have shared with the team. Please continue to let us know what works and what could be better. It's very helpful to us!

Talech for a Bar operation

Very intuitive, easy to use. Only thing that would make it better is a better Credit Card reader. The chip reader ingenico is terrible.

Pros

The ease of navigation through the different functions. Easy for anyone to learn and use in a matter of minutes.

Cons

The Igenico Credit card reader is junk.

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing a review, Tom. We really appreciate hearing from customers like you. I've passed along your feedback re: the credit card chip reader with the team. Please continue to share with us so we can continue to make improvements.

Overall decent system, a lot of problems with the card processing features though, and when they go

At first we had a lot of trouble getting the system going but once it was all up and running it is fairly easy to use once you learn the system. Its nice that I can easily change items and prices ect. especially for menu changes.

Pros

Once learned the system is quick and easy to use

Cons

It's a new company so there are still issues to be worked out.

Excited to fully use this product!

After test driving at least 4 POS (Shopify, Shopkeep, Clover, & ConsignPro) systems, I have opted to go with Talech. The system is basically Shopkeep without a comissions/consignment function, but with e-commerce intergration. Starting my new business the lack of a comission function vs. the ability to intergrate with my website shopping cart was an easy choice. The price although more than I was aiming for is still much better than others offering the same functions and reporting.

Pros

remote reporting from anywhere easy checkout simple inventory upload E-Commerce Intergration Affordable Pricing

Cons

No ability to track comissions or consignment product

Invoicing Improvements Needed!

My biggest 'complaint' would be the invoicing side of Talech name & address don't appear on printed 'statements' mailed to our customers (so we have to look it up & handwrite it). Our store still uses charge accounts. It would be useful to be able to merge orders somehow, or at least print out some sort of statement for each customer. Sometimes, they may have made charges on 10 or more days, and the...

Cant fix what is wrong

We have been using Talech for over a year. The customer support is good- they always try. We have issues like talech reports tips for people who dont make tips. We have people who work in the back who dont make anything in tips, talech shows half their income comes from tips. I dont report these to payroll, it is something that worries me if we ever get audited. They came up with a work around that works about half tbe time. I shoukd have but did not do alot of research before going with Talach, so I cant really comment on their rates.

Pros

Easy to do payroll

Cons

Doesnt always work accurately

Thanks for the review and feedback, Kathy. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and try to help. Please respond at your convenience - we'd love to work with you to get things working right. Thanks!

Too slow of a system

Whoever I raise an issue they promise to take an action but they don't. For over one year I mention concerns and they said that they will address it but never heard back from them. I keep asking them again and again without results.

Pros

Simple and easy to handle

Cons

It is slow and not functional when getting updates.

We appreciate hearing from you, Abraham. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the product - we would love to hear more about what's not working and help. A member of our product team has reached out via email and phone a few times to set up a time to chat and learn more. We'd love to chat at your convenience.

Very User friendly

Pros

Customer support is beyond excellent. Every time I have to call the team is very helpful and patience and is always beyond my expectation.

Cons

Delay is printing receipts sometimes but it was rare.

Corner Creamery & Cafe

This has been a great product for our business. The extensive reporting capabilities allow us to track and forecast sales. As a new small business start-up, we were very happy with the ease of use for product set-up and transaction flow, as well as the timekeeping feature for employees/payroll. The one negative point is concerning the equipment... We did not receive timely communications regarding the new chip technology and card reader requirements and only received the required equipment after we reached out. This is probably more of a sales issue versus software, but wanted to note nonetheless.

Pros

Reporting Capabilities, ease of use

Cons

Thanks for being a customer and review, Jen! We're so glad that it's working well for you. I did share your feedback about equipment with the team. Thank for being candid and letting us know how we can do better. If there is anything else you'd like to share, please reach out. We love hearing from you and are here to help!

Seamless transition to POS

we were working with a "legacy" POS system (WIN XP based) that required quite a bit of maneuvering to get the data we needed to help us run our business. Talech install and implementation was easy and simple. After using it for a while, we learned how best to group categories and products so as to streamline order input, assure kitchen understanding of special orders, and get sales data. It would be helpful for us to have a way to download daily sales by category into Quickbooks, and also helpful to be able to look at sales over a longer time frame than is allowed online. Customer service at Talech is excellent, and we do get the data we need by calling them.

Cons

Thanks for being a customer and writing a review, David. We're so glad that getting started was easy and that the software is working well for you. I've passed along your feedback regarding QuickBooks and reporting to the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us - we love to hear from you!

ALMOST does EVERYTHING!

The Talech i-Pad based point of sale system does almost everything for my small business! It tracks my inventory, profits, sales by employee, time sheets, sales statistics by day/hour/item. With the recent addition of photos to easily locate inventory items when making a sale, I am finding more reasons to love my Talech POS system!! About the ONLY thing I have found that it does not do is the actual accounting and reporting! And...the technical support is great! They were so patient in walking us through integrating our system with our QuickBooks software which made everything just run so much smoother!

Cons

Hi Melissa, we're so glad to hear that talech is working so well for you. Thanks for being a customer and writing a review. I've passed along your feedback about accounting and reporting to the product team. If you have additional detail to share about what would work well for your business, please let us know. We love hearing from you and are here to help!

Don't waste your time on this POS

Talech support will answer the phone and take you complaint and then tell you they will check on it and call you back. This doesn't happen and then when you call back they will escalate it and tell you they will call back, this never happens. Bank of America Merchant Services will not recommend them anymore because of too many irregularities with transactions making it to the bank. I'm afraid to start checking into that. I will switch to another product ASAP

Pros

Wireless setup on Ipads, and I can use them with a different POS company if Talech doesn't fix the problems.

Cons

Talech POS does not work with credit cards consistently , tech support is clueless. Their main excuse in the beginning was 25MB was too slow for two Talech POSs , so we doubled the speed and reduced down to 1 POS. Still spinning circles trying to run a credit card. This problem isn't on every transaction and it didn't matter if it was debit or credit, sale or return. We are just clothing store but I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND for RESTURANTS.

Good software

Overall the ease of use and flexibility are great for our business. We can use it on and off site, and it's easy to learn.

Pros

Learning is easy.

Cons

Cindy, thank you for being a customer and writing a review. It's great to hear that talech Register has been easy to use and great for your business!