Cegid Retail

Retail & POS software for fashion, beauty and specialty

Cegid Retail Reviews

Pros

They are responsive, proactive and extremely helpful. They know how to take care of their customers.

Kathrina P.

She will ensure that her customers are happy, long after the project is complete. Mary and Ambra make an excellent team.

Tricia L.

The ease of use for store's users as well as for office's users. Reports are very interesting to use and the possibility to modify them is a major advantage.

Yanick T.

Cons

Vendor in London is bad, terrible customer service with technicians that do not know the system.

Leonora B.

Receiving items into the system is extremely error prone. They cut corners in the wrong places (ie. just letting me say "yup, its all here!" when nothing could be there).

I dislike not being able to issue a refund/void transaction without the credit card info.

Pablo M.

4.4

Just for big retailers

I use Cegid to manage operations, reports, email marketing and a lot of stuff that my bosses need from me.

Pros

Cegid is a great platform that has been improving the way retail stores manage their products or services for many years now. That's a key point for me: experience on the market. Their team developed a lot of templates that can be customised to fit your needs. Example: reports for corporate. iOS app!

Cons

The learning curve is really big, if you see any efficient operator of this program is because he/she spent years with it.

Cegid Customer

I'm happy we were able to complete this upgrade with Cegid as they were our current vendors. But as budget goes in any organization you have to look for the most value for the dollars that you spend. With other vendors information and software options were explored, we were happy to continue our partnership with Cegid.

Pros

The staff are amazing! They will go above and beyond to ensure that they are answering your questions in a timely manner and they do what they can to meet your needs. The software is easy to use. We chose not to do the Y2 for the back office and kept our current software WinRetail. We had some glitches in the beginning to information flowing over fluently. But the team was on it quickly and able to resolve it. We had the joy of not only working with the staff over conference calls, but in person support as well with Ambra who came to our location to train our staff and complete the build of our program while she was here. She will ensure that her customers are happy, long after the project is complete. Mary and Ambra make an excellent team!

Cons

Just a couple of functionality things that we have found along the way, but again the Cegid staff does everything they can to fix this right away or find a "build" if needed. As with any software, you don't always know what you are missing until you are "live" and you find something that needs some work or you didn't think about in the build that would be helpful in the future.

Oh boy am I going to enjoy this.

Pros

- useful for people who like spending their time on the phone with, other store locations, or even tech support to do the most basic of things.

Cons

- Veryyyy unintuitive UI design. They should use this as an example of how not to design a program for retail use. - Their menu buttons are literally all over the screen and more often than not do not have words beside the buttons so you don't know what each button does... and there are a lot of buttons. - Icon design is outdated, and non-intuitive - Basic features are hidden in submenus - Custom...

Great Inventory Management System!

I have been working with this software since 2012. We have numerous resorts with numerous POS and Inventory systems across all. We have transitioned 8 resorts to WinRetail/Cegid, each time has been with ease and excellent support from their team. We still continue to work in a few different systems due to not having the control to upgrade to this system, but hands down this is our favorite by far and...

Pros

Ease of use. Export/Importing of data. Reporting mechanism. Support Team

Cons

Only con would be the posting of an invoice, would like this to detailed instead of summarized. The purchase orders is reaceived in detail but the invoice gets posted on one line as a summary.

Cegid's Solution Helps Us Tackle NFL Gameday in 70,000 Seat Venue

Overall the Cegid retail software solution is very user friendly and easy to use. Once the software was configured to our needs, it became a real asset for my account. I was able to reduce my labor costs, and increase profits, by using the software's auto replenishment functionality. This software package has a lot to offer, and each year we learn more and more about it. The additional things we learn we put to use, and our efficiency increases each year, as we grow with the software.

Pros

- Easy to use - Comes with pre-designed reports that are similar to what we already used - Report creator allows me to custom design report templates - Auto replenishment function allows me to create pick list for warehouse in minutes - Very convenient to find historical data - Very simple to create/receive purchase orders

Cons

- Like anything else you have to spend time with it to become proficient - Creating custom reports takes a little bit of time to figure out - Learning how to use auto replenishment takes time to understand

Good Overall POS System for medium to large retailer

Great POS for medium retailers. I have work with the system for the past 5 years and we were able to integrate our business process with CEGID. We are still on a old version but the new Y2 version seems really promising.

Pros

-Everything is well segmented in the software to easily find what you are looking for. -Easy to maintain and manage. -Mobile POS on iOS Device -Ease to integrate with other systems -Inventory control is really good -Built-In CRM is ok to track customers. -Customer Service is good

Cons

UX is difficult to work with because it is a C++ App. Translation is not 100% perfect. Receipt editing is really difficult to do Reporting is really missing. You need something aside to be able to do great reporting. Can't reload any gift cards already activated POS was developped with European standard so something it's difficult for North American Retailers to fit in. But they have always an answer.

Good product for a small business, is accessible to be able to extend

Pros

WinRetail was good to work with. My client was from a much larger retail operation and started a small chain of women's stores. WInRetail provided them with a great start, although I was engaged to create a data warehouse to be able to do better analytics. Still, working with their technical staff was easy, and they allowed us to have detailed access to their product to be able to customize to my clients needs.

Cons

They have had some difficulty with scaling for a larger operation. When my client needed to make large inventory changes, this meant that the rest of operations needed to stop so that the database could update. This is a challenge when you have multiple staffers that need to make changes to support a price reduction or to receive new merchandise. However, they were willing to continue to evaluate the issues, make process recommendations and to do the updates en masse.

Solid POS software / Awesome Support

More importantly, the support staff know their product and can troubleshoot any issues quickly. I have dealt with many companies for many years and it is always support that makes a difference. Cegid support team scores high up.

Pros

The POS software is solid, can be customized and has extensive features. Implementation is easy and I can deploy registers easily without the need to call support.

Cons

The Software takes some getting used to but once you get used to it, it just works. Our sales people love it and we have not had any issues.

Simply the Best!

We are a growing company and having looked at so many different options, we truly standby this software. THE BEST!!!

Pros

I love this software I have been working with it at 2 different companies and it is truly the best out there. Very easy to learn and if I ever have any questions or need assistance the team is very helpful. I highly recommend this software.

Cons

There is nothing I would change about this software, once you learn to operate you will be extremely happy.

Y2 the complete solution

Very intuitive program. The younger sales staff immediately grasped the outline of the program and had no fear operating the system. Older clerks had issues at first, but have adapted to the system.

Pros

Flexibility in screen layout, ease of use. Touch screen speeds up the check out process. Ability to add core items to sales screen creates time savings for the sales associates. Rapid price changes. Real time sales. Great product.

Cons

Lack of documentation is a sore spot. Have to rely on CSR's to help walk through new processes. (On the flip side the CSR's are very knowledgeable and quick to respond)

Good overall product that's easy to learn and teach.

Overall satisfied with the functionality and capability of this product. Customer service has always been a focus and will hopefully continue in the future.

Pros

This product is very user friendly and easy to learn for a new user. It offers several ways to look at your data which enables the user to get the information they need in a way that's comfortable to them.

Cons

Some of the functionality is limited in it's current form. Enhancements can be made, but the cost of these enhancements could limit development.

Robust Features Except Reporting

Overall it was the best decision as it has the functionality we need for inventory management and purchase orders.

Pros

Cegid (Y2 specifically) offers a lot of useful features for inventory management, purchase orders, and promotions that most other options don't offer. Customer support is not always readily available, but when they do respond, they take the time to ensure your issue is resolved. Front end is user friendly for employees.

Cons

Lacks reporting features. Most basic reports have to be custom built or exported and fiddled with before you can get the format you need.

A+ service

It has been an absolute pleasure working with this company.

Pros

Team we worked with to set up and continue to work with day to day are second to none. An absolute pleasure to work with. I have no complaints at this time with the software, hardware or support. Support has been easy to contact and have been quick to resolve any issues that have arisen.

Very nice experience overall

Pros

Cons

There is nothing specific. We took all the time needed to evaluate different systems at the time of purchase and it looks like Cegid was a perfect fit for us.

Friendly

In General good customer services, software is very stable and cover more of the functions need it in retail.

Pros

Quick download and setup. Easy navigation menu's. Easy to understand and use. Cover most of the functions.

Cons

Need to be up to for Windows 10 operation system since most of the PC's and PO's system need to run in Windows 10.

Great product

Pros

Cegid POS is a platform easy to use. Its functionalities are intuitive for the sales associates. The training and customer team is also very helpful.

Cons

When you upgrade the software, you may sometimes not find some of the useful functionalities you were used to in some previous versions.

Megan Malek's Review

I have used numerous retail systems throughout my retail life and Cegid has by far been the easiest to learn and use. Everything I need is right there, if I have a question or issue the help desk is always available or quick to respond. I have recommend Cebid to numerous colleagues throughout the sporting event retail.

Pros

Customer support ease of use

Winretil review

Pros

Good for retail, as you can add many values, you can customized and open as many modules as you will like

Cons

Not Web based, Set up is very extensive and can get confusing , also a big challenge is that they have limited users

Customer support is tops.

we are using Cegid because they bought JDS Solutions, a software company that we were using. The JDS, now Cegid, personnel are very knowledgeable about retail and will do anything to help their customers solve problems. Their retail Y2 SaaS product is very advanced for the industry. They understand the retail environment and are enhancing their systems to help retailers adapt to it.

Pros

Easy to use: dedicated, knowledgeable support people; data base provides a lot of future potential. Their retail consultant and support group are the best.

Cons

still needs to be tailored to the US market; their Y2 back end inventory system needs to incorporate the features in their WinRetail product.

WinRetail is a major asset to our company!

Pros

WinRetail is a great program for retail store managers. Re-ordering inventory, running reports and managing items is fast, effective, and easy!

Cons

There isn't much about WinRetail that I don't like... Its a great program! It has enhanced my ability as a store manager to calculate trends and be more concise with orders!

Win-Win with WinRetail

Pros

Reporting is completely flexible thru the Power Reporter, and can be built to suit your needs :)

Cons

If I had to pick at them, I would say the reports only weakness is the fact that most are run on a weekly basis (which is a challenge when looking at certain tables for individual days).

Cegid servantissimmo

Assez content de son utilisation mais quelques améliorations seront les bienvenues afin de le rendre encore plus pratique.

Pros

Utilisation pour la base des immobilisation de l'entreprise, les recherche sont assez simple et la mise à jour aussi.

Cons

Assez compliqué à faire des extractions de la base avec toutes les données, le logiciel est assez limités.

Big company and only looks like they are getting bigger

Pros

I like that this company has been around for a while now, are all over the globe 10+ or more I believe now and counting. So if you are worried about a smaller company disappearing one day and having to input everything all over again.. This will take that fear away.

Cons

Not to much I can see at all this company shows to be moving forward and getting bigger and to that brings security to its customers like me. Definitely can not name a con here.

Excellent System

Pros

It has a lot of business tools , from customizing box to control inventory , not counting the number of different reports you can generate. First level technical support.

Cons

There are many tools that you can not become familiar with so soon, yet they are always attentive when you need help . For basic questions the same day of installation you can use it without problems.

My experience with the consultants was extremely positive. They were friendly and willing to help any way they could!

Pros

It is very quick and easy to create item numbers and purchase orders! I also love how simple the system makes it to add colors to items and manipulate POs as needed.

Cons

Promotions and sales conditions are a challenge and require in-depth training. Reporting is another area that can be challenging and extra training may be needed to really understand all of the capabilities available to the system.