Clarity Software

Modular management information system for businesses

Clarity Software Reviews

Alun J.

Great System with good support and team is constantly refining it.

Orlando d.

I like the fact it is very user friendly with many options for various degrees of quoting and running production, I also like the sales projection and look back studies.

Paul M.

Tom B.

Simon C.

I'm guessing there is a reason they started to use a leasing company to stop people getting out of their contacts.

Karl L.

4.1

Have adopted clarity over the last 2 years, learning more and more, getting better and better!

Our business has become much more efficient at keeping log of all of our incoming jobs/leads. We run reports to check all jobs on system in the next few days and generally organise ourselves much more effectively.

Pros

Simplicity of basic functionality in order to log our jobs. Sales module and reporting are fantastic, can easily see our job profit/loss. Customer support is second to none with a monthly support contract, any issues are quickly resolved over the phone and via team-viewer. Customisation of works orders and quotations is high, with an integrated module specifically for adjust these templates etc. Implementation team are also fantastic and understand your businesses needs in order to install the system with the least hassle. Moving forward i know the production module is also a powerful tool, having had a few demonstrations. This is next on our list.

Cons

Report building is complex, we have recently attended a course on this (offered by touch systems, half a day learning at their site), learnt a lot but still much more to learn. Previously using salesforce we were used to this element being easy however it's not rocket science and will go in over time.

Great System with good support and team is constantly refining it.

Pros

The system is easily understood and intuitive to use. New team members catch on really fast and it enables us to see what each team member has done with real time feedback from the production floor on the production status when using the Shop floor data collector. It gives us a much better understanding on the true costs of our jobs and timing required to finish it. The ad on modules like Production...

Cons

The Calc Wizards have a lag which can get really annoying but I know this is being addressed and the software could use some add on features like automatic follow up per quote and better Email campaign integration on there Clarity Go Marketing. Those are my major gripes.

My business growth with Clarity software

It is best suitable for our business by its automation and easy to train our team .

Pros

In my experience it covers all our daily activities from quoting to sale . Its easy to use functions and always get a great response from our team . Speed up our work by having all our jobs in one place. Its automation and accuracy and easy tracking our business . Easy to analyze sales result .

Cons

Need automation in Email follow up Expensive if we plan to go for extra modules . Some times this software is little slow .

Avoid at all costs!

Clarity are a bad company to deal with, so I would definitively think twice before signing up, even if you think its great system. Shop around. Once signed up we can not get out of our 3 YEAR contract with them even though we do not use the system! We used it for 3 months, NO ONE PERSON in our company go on with it, they interface is so clumsy and full of glitches that support have to sort out, (example...

Pros

Not many pros at all to be honest. Support is good, but they need to be.

Cons

Pretty much all of it. Its a very outdated CRM system, on the face of it when they come and do the demo it looks really good, but they do show you ALL of the features & functionality (but not all is included when you sign up and this becomes VERY convoluted when you want to do things that you were shown). So they have the corporate blurb about how you are given modules that work for you, and they...

Clarity streamlined so many processes in the business that it changed entirely how we work.

Speed of quoting; accuracy of order information; improved scheduling to ensure orders are completed on time; sharing of order information... it has been transformational to the business. Highly recommended.

Pros

The live production screen allowing you to not only see jobs, but use that screen to go directly to a job is a key benefit over other MIS platforms. Everything works very easily, but importantly, you need only use the elements that you want to use. If you choose to overlook a feature then everything around it still works perfectly so it is possible to make Clarity work for you however you work. The support team are excellent and open to development suggestions at all times if there isn't an instant fix. I don't believe you will get such opportunities with some other platforms.

Cons

There can be a few too many clicks in some areas to move around, but that is being very picky. The cost to add extra users also seems a little unnecessary, but that's the same with all software I guess.

The Clarity Software Experience

Once through to the right person, the staff are attentive and extremely helpful. In my experience, the most responsive were the technical team with the training and query support. Overall a decent company to deal with.

Pros

Fairly straight-forward interface with easy on the eye graphics. As logical as most transaction software systems. Great for small businesses such as ours.

Cons

The set reports are not always what you want. However, like all BI systems, once you get your head around SQL and report writing, the effort is worth it to save the time future but support from the Clarity team is always there to get you through it. Don't like the use of 0845 customer service number couple with long wait times (& therefore extortionate costs for mobile users). The customer service vs accounts vs install team vs technical support can be a bid disjointed.

I use the basic facilities of Clarity and I know it can do so much more but it suits me perfectly

It has speeded everything up when quoting and you can check your cost prices from each supplier quickly and easily. Can do a quote in seconds and I think my customers are quite impressed with this even though there's only me working at my business

Pros

Easy to add products and prices and work out sqm prices Updating the software is easy The whole layout of the software is easy to navigate I have never had any bugs in the software in about 10 years

Cons

When a stock item goes up in price it doesn't automatically do anything about your sub-assembly price. I might be wrong but I find this to be the only thing I don't like.

Signage industry standard software

Ease of use, industry standard, full customization and easy to install

Pros

Easy to use, quick, adaptable and very functional. It has add-in and opt-out modules meaning its very versatile.

Cons

Very expensive, everything costs and its PINK! No matter how small the addition to the software there always seems to be a charge.

Useful soloution

I used the system for several years in several projects.

Pros

Clarity Software provides clever productivity managerial tools.

Cons

Implement Clarity with many users is not strait foreword.

Good software to create accurate information

Pros

Excellent capacity to carry out the organization in a company that works with the mobilization of delivery

Cons

Should solve the servers, delay at the time of use and is not so useful for large companies

Wyke Signs & Graphcis Ltd

It saves time, and has dramatically improved the performance and daily running of our organisation. It has endless helpful features and is regularly being updated. Would recommend to anyone in a similar business.

Pros

It speeds up the daily processes and allows everyone to work from the same platform and have access to information very easily. Very simple to navigate and regular updates and support is always available failry quickly with the standard package.

Cons

Some smaller things can be complicated to achieve i.e. deleting delivery notes if required, no artwork approval function, moving of quote items etc. Training is an additional cost but it is very helpful.

Impressed

I have been using clarity for over 10 years and although we have changed how we use the package during that time I have always enjoyed the program for its easy to use functions and always get a great response from the support team if we ever need help.

Pros

The ease of use and the way it works seamlessly with our accounts package.

Cons

Sometimes long winded but not too often

Could be great with priority put onto the wrong areas to improve the functionality of the software

Production planning and scheduling, although flaws are present cost analysis is nearly good

Pros

Production module is good as is the sales area other than there is a lack of some basic functionality you would expect. Good responsiveness in Support.

Cons

Lack of basic advise and support with set up/configuration post install. Poor communication from sales on road map. Slow running of certain aspects of the software. Limited flexibility with the following Modules & processes; Goods/picking/internal jobs/POD schedule module on Pro, all limiting real life ease of use. There should be regular communication and development of standard business reports....

Clarity Review

Speed of having all our jobs in one place, using as our central hub for all our jobs.

Pros

The Job folders are so convenient with all our job files/measurements/invoices/photos of final job in one place.

Cons

For a smaller company like us the extra modules are expensive but would like some of the extra modules.

Prosign Clarity Review

Great for planning production and quick and easy quoting

Pros

Cons

Not being able to modify once in delivery mode

Generally good over the last five years with room for improvement.

Very good at keeping everything in one place. This makes quotations fairly straightforward. It also means you can instantly see where your business is doing better and with which customers.

Pros

I like how all of our Price List parts are easily accessible, can be easily updated regularly and can be brought directly into quotes. This includes pricing for labour as well as things such as paper and other substrates. This makes quoting easier and more accurate.

Cons

My least favourite aspect is that Touch Systems keep adding more and more features without fixing fundamental problems. This is very frustrating and counter productive. I have been using the software for 5 years and am still waiting for everyday tools to be fixed. This has been the case for most of the five years! These have been pointed out a number of times and yet nothing ever happens. Rather than changing the colours of the software and buttons, it would be more beneficial to fix things like Calc Wizards to enable me to be able to quote more efficiently and accurately.

Best for us in our industry

Pros

We like the ease of quoting jobs from price lists, easy to print job sheets and delivery notes, quick to send emails and marketing tab

Cons

Could do with automated follow up emails and more integrations with services like Mailchimp

Excellent Product

It is simple to use and provides all the analysis and reports required for operating an efficient business model

Pros

It has all the elements I need for an accurate and comprehensive quoting mechanism.

Cons

There is nothing really that I don't like

Satisfied customer

Pros

Easy to use and navigate, simple to build in new products and assembly's to my requirments.

Cons

Been using this 2 years now and I have no complaints about it's uses.

It does exactly what I need it too

Pros

It keeps me organised and keeps all of my workflow in one place so I know the status each job is at. I find it easy to use and when I have any problems then the support staff are helpful and get it sorted quickly for me.

Cons

It is not on Mac so I have to have a separate laptop and it also doesn't integrate with Sage one yet so rather than being able to export the jobs to Sage, I have to enter each invoice manually which takes a little longer.

very easy to navigate to what you need to do.

Pros

everything is very simple and easy to use, the layout is flush and all syncs with what you need to do.

Cons

the software is slightly slow so you find yourself waiting for it catch up with what your trying to do

This is a great program for sign/print companies which really helps you look closely at margins.

Clarity in looking at margins on products and overall jobs. Visibility of pipeline.

Pros

The ability to run reports and get information out to closely look at margins is great and has really changed the way we look at the viability of jobs when customers push back on price. It has also helped us identify area we should be charging where we haven't historically.

Cons

The reliance on a physical server is a hindrance. The way in which the calculations are made also means that the users are heavily reliant on the client machine talking to the server and this makes some simple processes painfully slow.

Exceptional on-site training session

With many new faces within our business, myself included I arranged for an on-site F2F training session with the rep whom from start to finish was very professional, knowledgeable and extremely helpful explaining step by step the process of 'how to' on various key subjects for us, he also helped us to use the system easier, find fields and reports we didn't know existed and offered phone support to us after the session it self. The session itself was offered at a promotional rate also without prompting so this also was a good experience. Although Clarity still has some functional issues which doesn't suit our business we can now manage these situations and the rep will be submitting some update requests on our behalf .

Pros

The cost analysis module is a good platform to clearly see discrepancies in estimations vs. actual.

Cons

Changes to parts/assemblies not automatically refreshed in confirmed jobs. Or any flag to highlight a change has taken place, so you know to refresh BOM content.

Dose way better than the competition but can still be lots better

Pros

The ability to do quotes and purchase orders quickly. To see my sales pipline and create invoices. Others say they do the same but not as in depth as Clarity.

Cons

Keeping the actual financial figures accurate takes alot of small tweeks all the time. Price list updating as I have line by line updates not on a spreadsheet that is a bit of a pain.

Lookers Autographics Review

Pros

How it gives us a solid correct cost and then we are able to show this to the customer in the way of a quote - much more professional.

Cons

The quote system could be a lot better - should be able to show all of the costs