ClearSlide Reviews

3.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.11/10

Reviews by rating

I love the analytics portion of the app. It's wonderful to see exactly how much someone viewed of a presentation, and to better understand where they're coming from when we have sales calls.
The greatest benefit to ClearSlide is the ability to demonstrate "how" your product will directly benefit your client, allowing you to demonstrate how they can utilize it and make it their own.
I would recommend using it extensively, becoming comfortable with the tool because I don't think there is anything else in the market as efficient and useful.
Limited Value, Bad business practices (autorenew and unsubscribing).
Try it out, it's very difficult to dislike and much easier to set up & use than say Adobe Connect.

RL

Robert L.

Marketing and Advertising,

Clearslide is a good service

Pros

We have a central place to put presentations. It's easy to use for setting up sales calls and pitches

Cons

I wish I could have basic edit functionality within the slides in the interface.

GM

Greg M.

I have been using ClearSlide for the better part of a year.

Pros

ClearSlide has been very responsive to making product updates to better meet our needs. Additionally, I love how I am able to track precisely when someone views my emails (and then watch them real-time as they go through each slide).

Cons

I wish that the product was better integrated into Outlook and SalesForce. Additionally, I wish that I were able to selectively remove the header in my live pitches... the header makes it difficult to present the pitch on a projector.

AB

Allen B.

Pharmaceuticals,

Great campaign tool for small to mid size firms

Pros

Importing email addresses and the ability to capture opens and ctr

Cons

The inability to include more data fields. I'd like to be able to enter full contact details to match the ctr and open in an email pitch.

EB

Eric B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Very sketchy business practices. Buggy, overpriced software. Be wary if you are a small company...

Pros

Easy to share screen with viewers. Don't have much else nice to say honestly.

Cons

Conferencing lines are very expensive per minute, also they charge you per minute, per person who dials in which adds up FAST. Software is buggy. They also make it very difficult to cancel your subscription. Continued charging me for months after cancellation multiple times. Also if you are a small company expect VERY little support from customer success. Product is overall very overpriced for what you get.

MK

Marc K.

Media Production,

Clearslide and Captivate

Pros

The ease of use and ability to share with clients and prospects. Updating files once across the library.

Cons

The back and forth between PowerPoint and Clearslide to make changes to presentations.

JB

Jessica B.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Works well for sharing information

This product works well when implemented into training or into necessary conference calls, or to share presentations and information with others and to see that they're actually receiving it!

Pros

works well to share information and presentations to team members

Cons

so far we have no fully utilized it to maximum potential

RT

Ray T.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Poor Service - Negotiate payment terms for performance

Pros

We bought Clearslides for our business and on the face it looked great. The ability to aggregate sales resources, get analytics on sales assets, great tools for sales enablement, and video conferencing all in one.

Cons

Once we used it, we realized it had severe latency on video conferencing, animations on Keynote and Powerpoint do not work (fixed later) rendering assets useless unless in PDFs, among other issues. I tried to work with them on it for months and finally had to migrate to other systems. I asked for a refund on performance. They switched account managers, gave me the runaround and finally denied my request based on contractual terms which they were within their rights to do...and it is clearly terrible treatment of a customer. They acknowledged the issues we were having but refused to accommodate us. If you work with this company, and I don't recommend it, be sure to negotiate refunds for performance or don't sign the contract or pay the bill.

DP

David P.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Limited Value, Bad business practices (autorenew and unsubscribing)

Nearly impossible to cancel a contract. And even after contract is cancelled, impossible to unsubscribe to email notifications from the system.

Pros

Real time information on the who and when your pitch is being seen - good in theory and actually works.

Cons

Does not increase engagement . I suspect the delivery of the links might even reduce readership of emails versus regular email communications. Outlook integration never really worked properly. Unstable

TS

Tony S.

Primary/Secondary Education,

My experience with ClearSlide was great. I like the product.

Pros

I like that it enables one to show the prospect videos and data sheets or slides seamlessly. Once they log on to my "room" I have their undivided attention in that window and can keep their interest up. I also like that it made it very easy to email links to a series of videos.

Cons

In the email section where you can send the client/prospect a deck, there was only room for 4 items. I could have done with more.

KM

Kartikk M.

Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good Sales Intelligence Tool

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to customize as per internal processes. Great for collaboration between the sale and marketing team.

Cons

Mass emailing feature can be made more robust. Additional marketing automation features should be added.

CW

Crystle W.

Online Media, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Once you signup, they make it DIFFICULT to cancel. DON'T SIGNUP

Pros

If you're looking for the features they offer and have long term plans to use them regularly, it could be a fit for you.

Cons

If you want to cancel subscription, you cannot do so in advance. You have to do so exactly at 90 days before the end of your subscription. No later, no sooner. Any later, and they will tell you sorry but the policy says 90 days notice. It was a PAIN to get a hold of anyone there to cancel our subscription ONE YEAR after we wanted to cancel because we missed the 90 day notice by a day. We had to call them everyday for about a week before we got a hold of someone who could cancel our subscription after paying an entire extra year for no reason. In my opinion, this company has no integrity and only cares about profit.

MF

Meghan F.

Computer Software,

ClearSlide is Clearly Amazing

Pros

Easy way to track success of the email and content that I send to customers and prospects.

Cons

No way to mass email and still track who opens/views the email and content.

MM

Mayela M.

Primary/Secondary Education,

Great program

Pros

That we can track when our customers or prospects open and read the emails we sent them. Easy to use

Cons

I like it all. Great customer service, and so easy to use

js

jamie s.

Decent Product Most of the time

Pros

Being able to provide live demos to my clients. Its also very easy to use

Cons

Sometimes, it is very slow. also, i have had problems in the past where the person trying to view my screen can't connect to it. it simply thinks and thinks and never actually shows my screen

JC

Jeni C.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

They do not service your account- so be warned

Pros

The concept of the product is great but we really have not been serviced on the product to be able to optimize the usage

Cons

They autorenew your contract and do not make sure you are utilizing it. If the main contact leaves at your place they say they reached out and never got bounce backs. Their technology is all about knowing if someone opened something.

OB

Olivia B.

Dairy, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

It’s good if you need it

Pros

This is great for the feature of remote presentations, but that’s really the only thing I got out of it.

Cons

Not worth the penny for any of the other features offered.

Internet, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Simple, Decent Videoconferencing Software

Pros

- No need for clients to create an account, can log in to a call with a URL - No need for a lot of of bandwidth on Wi-Fi for audio

Cons

- Can sometimes be down without notice - Clients have trouble figuring out how to mute themselves on web platform - Visual aspects hugely dependent on Wi-Fi strength

Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easy slide sharing!

Pros

ClearSlide allows us to share news/updates internally and also allows us to create Client facing material to be used during demos in our Sales department. We upload one-sheeter pdfs and are able to track analytics so that we can when reps are clicking on the resources. The Library organization is helpful as well!

Cons

Nothing negative has come up just yet. It has been a great way to share resources with co-workers and clients.

MS

Michael S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Interesting alternative to conferencing solutions.

ClearSlide is a practical alternative to common conferencing solutions, especially popular in the US. The tool is relatively simple to use, however some of its features are not necessarily relevant and make the whole UX a bit more complicated.

Pros

Its more practical than many conferencing solutions out there.

Cons

Not as simple as I would wish. A bit overloaded with features. A bi pricey.

ZA

Zulma A.

Reviewing Clearslide from a Power Clearslide user

Pros

the link is so cool, it's contemporary, it's like Timbuktu on crack. those were the days of scared users and embarrassed it guys

Cons

no internal notes available during presentation, i think it needs that feature like the f5 on powerpoint. where you can see internal notes the client can't see but you can read to stay on script

LM

Luis M.

Clearslide was effective and organized at tracking all my email communications with my prospects

Pros

The best feature about this tool was the ability organize messages to send in mass quantity and still keep everything organized and effective

Cons

I feel like the tool could have had a few more features to help with certain templates given the user more options on creative things to send out.

JK

Jeremy K.

Internet, 11-50 employees

The leader in screen sharing technology

Pros

Hosting what we're sharing in the cloud removes the normal lag that you can experience with normal screen share options. This is critical to maintaining a successful sales pitch.

Cons

Just had to get used to the cost after using free options prior but it has been worth it.

BL

Ben L.

Clearslide Good concept

The tool is a good concept but at times falls short at times on delivery of true functionality. Customer service is responsive but issues resolution has been slow over all.

CC

Courtney C.

Easy software to share content with coworkers

I've used Clearslide for over a year in order to share our marketing collateral with our sales team and its been great.

Pros

Ease of use.

BG

Brendon G.

Clearslide Review

Pros

Ease of use. The ability to find presentations that may be relevant to what I'm working on.

Cons

Automated updates about colleagues activity. I'd prefer to search when I need it.