Cumulus Retail Reviews

4.78/5 (9 reviews)

Connor Hebdon

Great products and service!

Reviewed 2019-11-28

THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THEY PROVIDE ARE PORBABLY SOME OF THE BEST OUT THERE. THEY WERE ABLE TO GET ALL OF THE SAME ITEMS I DROPSHIPPED THROUGH RSR GROUP AND PUT THEM ON OUR WEBSITE AND THEY COVERED A LOT OF THE PROCESS. THEY MADE THE TEMPLATE AND TOOK CARE OF THE RED TAPE TYPE OF STUFF, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ADD YOUR PERSONAL FLAIR AND IMAGES TO IT. ONCE YOU GO THROUGH THE TRAINING IT BECOMES A LOT EASIER AND QUICKER TO GET THINGS DONE THEY CAN BE A BIT PRICEY FOR A SMALL BUSINESS AND YOU WILL NEED TO PLAN ON SPENDING MUCH MORE THAN THE $350 A MONTH AND MAKE SURE YOU READ WHATEVER CONTRACTS THEY HAVE YOU SIGN COMPLETELY. I WAS UNAWARE OF A FEW DIFFERENT THINGS THAT I SIGNED UP FOR AND ONLY REALIZED AFTERWARDS THAT I REALLY COULDNT AFFORD IT LONG TERM.

Pros
THE POS SYSTEM IS VERY IN DEPTH INTERGRATIONS WORKED WELL WITH MY VENDOR/WHOLESALER GREAT WEBSITE DESIGNS GREAT EMPLOYEES AND TRAINERS VERY PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCED IN MANY INDUSTRIES FIREARMS AND 2A FIRENDLY

Cons
A LOT OF THINGS YOU HAVE TO COORDINATE LOTS OF ACCOUNTS TO MAKE WITH MANY COMPANIES NOT THE BEST COMMUNICATION BETWEEN DEPARTMENTS UNEXPECTED COSTS LONG TERM CONTRACTS CUAGHT ME BY SURPRISE

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Paul Sewell

Great product, with lots of features.

Reviewed 2018-06-21
Review Source: Software Advice

As we were one of the first adopters we had a few issues, but they were addressed in a timely manner. We converted over to Cumulus from Retail Star, and I was a little disappointed that some of the main features that I used on a daily basis were not accessible on day 1. After some updates these features are accessible now.

Pros
Ease of use with a host of features. Cloud based allows for Inventory access from anywhere with Internet access.

Cons
We had the local server option install for redundancy, but this service can be slow at times. Plus any updates to products are not instant.

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for the review, Paul!

Roxanne Boelter

Happy with our new POS

Reviewed 2018-06-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
All my products transfered over to the new data base, my empolyees love our new touchscreen cash register monitor, customer support and training people are awesome to work with! Overall the product is super easy to work with.

Cons
When ordering on a PO I wish there was a way to see "on hand" items on the same screen as the PO. (I heard that this will be in an upcoming update though). Also, I wish I could just hit the ENTER button when doing searches (instead of mousing up to the search button).

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for the review, Roxanne! And, yes, we have now added that feature to our software. You can now see "On Hand' items on the same screen as the PO. Hopefully you have already upgraded to our current version, if not- please reach out to our Updates Department and we can schedule your update!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

TODD GRIMM

The transition to the Cumulus platform was easy and seamless, the staff ensured we were completely satisfied.

Reviewed 2018-07-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Simple to use, easy to learn and well supported by a professional staff. Implementation was a breeze

Cons
The website development did not end up meeting our expectations but, they were willing to work with our chosen developer

Response from Celerant Technology

Happy to hear it, Todd! We value you as a client!

Eddie Hamra

President

Reviewed 2018-09-21
Review Source: Software Advice

CSR made this change over tolerable! They seem to understand our needs and concerns and in my opinion, they have been extremely helpful.

Pros
I feel that the combination of our Cumulus operation system and our website, our 65 year old business might be able to come of age in the 21st century.

Cons
This system is much slower when it comes to saving and finishing at the pos and back office compared to Retail Star.

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks, Eddie! We appreciate your great review and more importantly, your partnership for so many years!

Alison Todd

Worth the learning curve

Reviewed 2018-07-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I like having the ability to work in remote locations. The pre set reporting helps with inventory control.

Cons
I miss the customizations from Retail Star and the ability to access older information from customer store credits and gift cards.

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for the review, Alison! Considering Cumulus is web-based, you can access it from anywhere, anytime- and we're happy to see you are taking advantage of that!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Scott Pulaski

Excellent for medium sized shops

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-07-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Everyone I've dealt with has been extremely friendly and helpful during the setup and training process. The support after the sale when minor issues have arisen has been excellent as well.

Pros
Tons of features Shooting range management Inventory Management Built in bound book software Smartwaiver integration i4473 integration Training course management Fairly intuitive interface Helpful and quick to react tech support

Cons
Not as easy to set up as the bargain guys (as expected) No gunsmith support yet No simple offline mode (local servers are optional, but if cloud based, there isn't a temporary cache to allow operation when the internet fails)

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for all the positive feedback, Scott! Its much appreciated and we love hearing what a great experience you have had with our customer service and support teams!

Darrin Johnson

Vary easy to use once I got the hang of it

Reviewed 2018-07-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This has everything I need to run a indoor shooting range and gun shop. Once products are imported correctly it is vary easy

Cons
I wish it was easier to take in used guns through the system. every once in a wile i can use the same log in and have to use another.

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for the review, Darrin! It's much appreciated!

Rohit Bulchandani

Review of Cumulus

Reviewed 2018-09-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Nice layout, and very good features for a retail store. Love that my website is connected with the point of sale system.

Cons
Lots of glitches in the beginning. Also Tech support not mac save even though product is being offered.

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for the review, Rohit! We appreciate your partnership!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10