Cumulus Retail Logo

Suggested alternatives

retailedge
ehopper
netsuite

Nice layout, and very good features for a retail store. Love that my website is connected with the point of sale system.
Everyone I've dealt with has been extremely friendly and helpful during the setup and training process. The support after the sale when minor issues have arisen has been excellent as well.
All my products transfered over to the new data base, my empolyees love our new touchscreen cash register monitor, customer support and training people are awesome to work with.
No gunsmith support yet. No simple offline mode (local servers are optional, but if cloud based, there isn't a temporary cache to allow operation when the internet fails).
The search function is so horrendous that I have to search for the product in my old system then use the part number or UPC to find it in the new system.

BC

Bob C.

Cumulus Review

Pros

POS functionality and ease of use once one get familiar with all its options. Searching and drilling down for specific items, brands, etc is very helpful. Reporting is extensive if you get the report design package. Staff extremely knowledgeable and helpful down the line: sales, implementation, and customer service.

Cons

Just getting familiar with program. I don't have any cons.

DM

Daniel M.

Above and Beyond!

As I said, the employees have gone above and beyond to make sure our transition was as easy as possible while still keeping business running as usual.

Pros

The training staff, Quinn in particular, have gone above and beyond when it comes to getting us ready for the transition into a new system. He has gone over things more than once when they werent clear, as well as spending extra time to make sure things during the transition, everything was set up promptly and correctly.

Cons

I feel like the back office could be set up a little better and clearer when it comes to the different applications.

RM

Russell M.

Be Extra Cautious, What was covered in the sales pitch couldn’t actual be done

The overall best part was signing the termination of the contract three years after we started. After it was determined that the software would not do what they said it would do and they agreed in writing it couldn’t do what it was sold to do they would not terminate the contract and refund thousands of dollars spent on a system. So we paid for 36 months on a system that never processed an actual transaction. We also revoked ACH authorization for payment in writing and they still continued to ACH. We also tried to reach out to members of the leadership team and all of our communications including communications that were mailed physically were never responded to or acknowledged.

Pros

This software in theory is great but it does not actually get going

Cons

The features that were pitched to us in all of the sales presentation turned out to be things that could not be delivered and implementation. Almost 9 months of back-and-forth with the implementation teams never could get system running.

TH

Traci H.

Cumulus/Celerant Review

Overall, when the system runs smoothly, it is easy easy to navigate and helps us keep track of our inventory more efficiently and creates a faster checkout process for our customers.

Pros

How easy it was to learn to navigate the back office and POS.

Cons

It freezes up and kicks users out at random, causing the user to have to clear the cache, and log back in. All work is lost when that happens. Which can be time consuming if it happens repeatedly.

Thanks for your review and feedback! It refreshing to see how easy it was for you to learn and navigate. I'll also share your feedback on your system freezing with our support team; that should not be happening and we will get it addressed.

KM

Kat M.

Cumulus retail review

Very good! No bad experiences throughout the system!

Pros

Fast & easy to use! Efficient in sale tracking and customer management!

Cons

We have no complaints about the platform!

CH

Connor H.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

Great products and service!

THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THEY PROVIDE ARE PORBABLY SOME OF THE BEST OUT THERE. THEY WERE ABLE TO GET ALL OF THE SAME ITEMS I DROPSHIPPED THROUGH RSR GROUP AND PUT THEM ON OUR WEBSITE AND THEY COVERED A LOT OF THE PROCESS. THEY MADE THE TEMPLATE AND TOOK CARE OF THE RED TAPE TYPE OF STUFF, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ADD YOUR PERSONAL FLAIR AND IMAGES TO IT. ONCE YOU GO THROUGH THE TRAINING IT BECOMES A LOT EASIER AND QUICKER TO GET THINGS DONE THEY CAN BE A BIT PRICEY FOR A SMALL BUSINESS AND YOU WILL NEED TO PLAN ON SPENDING MUCH MORE THAN THE $350 A MONTH AND MAKE SURE YOU READ WHATEVER CONTRACTS THEY HAVE YOU SIGN COMPLETELY. I WAS UNAWARE OF A FEW DIFFERENT THINGS THAT I SIGNED UP FOR AND ONLY REALIZED AFTERWARDS THAT I REALLY COULDNT AFFORD IT LONG TERM.

Pros

THE POS SYSTEM IS VERY IN DEPTH INTERGRATIONS WORKED WELL WITH MY VENDOR/WHOLESALER GREAT WEBSITE DESIGNS GREAT EMPLOYEES AND TRAINERS VERY PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCED IN MANY INDUSTRIES FIREARMS AND 2A FIRENDLY

Cons

A LOT OF THINGS YOU HAVE TO COORDINATE LOTS OF ACCOUNTS TO MAKE WITH MANY COMPANIES NOT THE BEST COMMUNICATION BETWEEN DEPARTMENTS UNEXPECTED COSTS LONG TERM CONTRACTS CUAGHT ME BY SURPRISE

Thanks for the review and our partnership!

TN

Tjaden N.

implementation experience

Fantastic, having this product has made my daily operations more smooth and streamlined. Great reporting and tracking with ease of operation.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] are two of the best implementation professionals that I have ever worked with. He makes understanding everything easy and is always there when I have questions or issues

Cons

There are a few categories I would like to go a little deeper in classification

PS

Paul S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great product, with lots of features.

As we were one of the first adopters we had a few issues, but they were addressed in a timely manner. We converted over to Cumulus from Retail Star, and I was a little disappointed that some of the main features that I used on a daily basis were not accessible on day 1. After some updates these features are accessible now.

Pros

Ease of use with a host of features. Cloud based allows for Inventory access from anywhere with Internet access.

Cons

We had the local server option install for redundancy, but this service can be slow at times. Plus any updates to products are not instant.

Thanks for the review, Paul!

RB

Roxanne B.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Happy with our new POS

Pros

All my products transfered over to the new data base, my empolyees love our new touchscreen cash register monitor, customer support and training people are awesome to work with! Overall the product is super easy to work with.

Cons

When ordering on a PO I wish there was a way to see "on hand" items on the same screen as the PO. (I heard that this will be in an upcoming update though). Also, I wish I could just hit the ENTER button when doing searches (instead of mousing up to the search button).

Thanks for the review, Roxanne! And, yes, we have now added that feature to our software. You can now see "On Hand' items on the same screen as the PO. Hopefully you have already upgraded to our current version, if not- please reach out to our Updates Department and we can schedule your update!

CB

Clayton B.

A Must Have System

This experience was way better than what I was expecting. There is a lot of information to learn, but if I can do it in a week, anybody can do it! [sensitive content hidden] is the best! He explained everything thoroughly and was there to assist anytime I needed it.

Pros

Offers all the options you could ever want in a Inventory & POS system.

Cons

Nothing yet, I'll get back to you after I use it for awhile.

jw

joshua w.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Smoke and mirrors sales with ghost town support

Every time you contact customer support its always something cant be done. The entire product is a series of work arounds. Nothing is fluid or easy. The search functionality is beyond broken. I was led to believe that all my old sales data and information from my old system would be ported over no problem, later find out nope cant port sales data. After importing serialized products we realized that...

Pros

The sales pitch was pretty good. easy to close out till and track cash. That's really about it though

Cons

its a toss up between the product and the lack of support.

MS

Mayur S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Best POS for all online business.

Pros

Loved the inventory management and order management feature. It syncs all the data from my store to the POS easily.

Cons

Till now not find any disadvantages of this software.

TG

TODD G.

Retail, 11-50 employees

The transition to the Cumulus platform was easy and seamless, the staff ensured we were completely satisfied.

Pros

Simple to use, easy to learn and well supported by a professional staff. Implementation was a breeze

Cons

The website development did not end up meeting our expectations but, they were willing to work with our chosen developer

Happy to hear it, Todd! We value you as a client!

JT

Jamie T.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Web/POS

Pros

The integrations with other software that we use. Easy to maintain while being loaded with features. Our trainer [sensitive content hidden] did a great job before, during and after with any questions we had.

Cons

The only con is we that we didn't do this sooner.

EH

Eddie H.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

President

CSR made this change over tolerable! They seem to understand our needs and concerns and in my opinion, they have been extremely helpful.

Pros

I feel that the combination of our Cumulus operation system and our website, our 65 year old business might be able to come of age in the 21st century.

Cons

This system is much slower when it comes to saving and finishing at the pos and back office compared to Retail Star.

Thanks, Eddie! We appreciate your great review and more importantly, your partnership for so many years!

HS

Hunter S.

Celerant is great

Pros

The customer support is great [sensitive content hidden] Rocks it out.

Cons

I would of liked if Stephanie Would of been able to come on location.

AT

Alison T.

Worth the learning curve

Pros

I like having the ability to work in remote locations. The pre set reporting helps with inventory control.

Cons

I miss the customizations from Retail Star and the ability to access older information from customer store credits and gift cards.

Thanks for the review, Alison! Considering Cumulus is web-based, you can access it from anywhere, anytime- and we're happy to see you are taking advantage of that!

SP

Scott P.

Used other for less than 6 months

Excellent for medium sized shops

Pros

Tons of features Shooting range management Inventory Management Built in bound book software Smartwaiver integration i4473 integration Training course management Fairly intuitive interface Helpful and quick to react tech support

Cons

Not as easy to set up as the bargain guys (as expected) No gunsmith support yet No simple offline mode (local servers are optional, but if cloud based, there isn't a temporary cache to allow operation when the internet fails)

Thanks for all the positive feedback, Scott! Its much appreciated and we love hearing what a great experience you have had with our customer service and support teams!

DJ

Darrin J.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Vary easy to use once I got the hang of it

Pros

This has everything I need to run a indoor shooting range and gun shop. Once products are imported correctly it is vary easy

Cons

I wish it was easier to take in used guns through the system. every once in a wile i can use the same log in and have to use another.

Thanks for the review, Darrin! It's much appreciated!

RB

Rohit B.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Review of Cumulus

Pros

Cons

Lots of glitches in the beginning. Also Tech support not mac save even though product is being offered.

Thanks for the review, Rohit! We appreciate your partnership!