Docsify Reviews

4.63/5 (52 reviews)

Vitalii Karabylo

The best tool for Gmail

Reviewed 2018-09-26

I've tested a lot of different solutions. Some of them were too expensive (MixMax), some of them were tooo simple (Mailtrack), some of them were tooo hard to use (Yesware) - but after 2 months of research I found the best solution for Gmail.

Pros
The #1 - I love Docsify's design in Gmail. Really, I've tested 10+ different Email Tracking tools like Yesware, MixMax, Mailtag, Mailtrack, Boomerang and Bananatag - but Docsify is far beyond them in providing statistics in Gmail. The #2 - Per-recipient tracking. I usually send emails to a fea ppl, (CEO and Director + Somone from Co-founders) and when I saw who exactly opened my email (not someone opened) I fell in love with Docsify. The #3 - Email Snippets (Shortcuts) I'm a fan of productivity and I always need to save my time in business and in life. And you know, with Docsify's snippets I save 2-3 hours per week. This feature isn't for everyone, but those who uses are saving tons of time.

Cons
The #1 - New Feature I'm really looking forward Reminders. - If a recipient doesn't open my email during 3 days, Remind me. This is something I really need and hope their awesome team will implement it soon.

A. Rothman

Amazing tracking email but great extra features for personal and bussiness

Reviewed 2018-04-05

I can check if people read my email, and open my documents

Pros
Before docsify i use mailtrack, salesflares and other apps. I was looking for a track email opens and choose docsify mainly for mailtracking sistem. Its very good solution if you wanna see if people read your emails and if they click your links - Best mail tracking - integrate really good with gmail (not annyoing extension like mailtrack.io) - really good notification - you can track email open, link clics and document reading (like a word or pdf) Also have really handy features like schedule emails, templates emails and text snippets. So you save alot of time and work. I use it for personal and bussiness. Also, support is very good and help you with any issue

Cons
That only cons i have with docsify is with undo email feature. After send an email, you can undo for 30sec. The issue is you cannot read your email before undo. So you can undo, but cannot read the email. would be nice if you - can read the email and undo - undo take the email to draft. If you undo the email you lost you email

Rommel C. Caibal

This is the best email and document tracker for sales than any CRM!

Reviewed 2018-03-06

If you're constantly wondering whether your emails have been opened already or your important links were clicked, this is the best add-on you can invest in. This runs actively in the background and keeps an eye on every emails you send from your inbox. Their support is always responsive and the product is constantly improving with new features. Kudos to Team Docsify for developing a great product for Sales & Marketing!

Pros

Cons
Since this is a Chrome browser extension, there was an issue with enabling individual Docsify accounts for when you have multiple Google Mail accounts open in the same browser. This is now fixed and the update was released along with other improvements to the software. Great work, Team Docsify!

Mateus Delamare

Useful and simple

Reviewed 2018-09-04

They're great data providers, now I know when, where and how my emails and documents were opened, clicked and viewed. I truly recommend Docsify to whoever wants to control all the important information about their emails. This is a complete all-in-one tool.

Pros
This is the best mail tracking and controlling tool. I've tried other tools but Docsify is from far the best of them.

Cons
Nothing. It's the best mail tracking tool.

Vojkan Cvijanovic, MSc IT

Great Gmail addon with document tracking and productivity tools

Reviewed 2018-07-17

What I like the most about Docsify is the information if message receiver has opened attached document/offer. This enables me to adopt my next response.

Pros
Easy document tracking implementation (just drag and drop a file in email message) which provides you data about email opens, link clicks and documents opens with time spent, nice looking reporting. There are also Facebook remarketing and chat options available to follow and communicate with client when document is opened, but I haven't tried this feature yet. There are also productivity tools templates and snippets (text templates you can easily add to email body) and send later.

Cons
I'd like to see mail merge option with help of Google sheets, so that users can send the customized messages to many users (Hi {first_name}, I see that you are owner of {property_name} and I'd like to offer you...). Also, sequences are very the second most anticipated features which will enable users to send a few emails, one after the other in scheduled time.

Daniil Kopilevych

Must have for Gmail users

Reviewed 2018-10-03

I checked out a few solutions on the market and found that Docsify is one of the best. (It's affordable, has nice design & support, and provides some new cool features e.g. PDF tracking)

Pros
There are a few things that I like in Docsify: 1- Comparing to alternatives (I've tested Yesware, Mailtrack, Mailtag & Boomerang) Docsify has PDF tracking 2- Per-recipient tracking (this I found only in MixMax) 3- Awesome and quick support And as a Bonus - nice design.

Cons
There are 2 things that I want to see in Docsify: 1- CRM-BCC checker in Compose email. I want to sync Docsify with my CRM, but not all emails should appear there. 2- Reminders.. I really this feature.

Michelle Grant

Cool and perspective tool. I'm happy to have all that awesome features in my Gmail now!

Reviewed 2017-07-28

The biggest benefit I got from Docsify is saving of my precious time. Other useful benefits, I think, time will tell.

Pros
I saw Docsify several months ago on BetaList. But I've started to use this Google Chrome extension yesterday when I got the email about their launch. And what are you thinking? My sales rep's life changes in a moment! Really, guys, I'm very grateful to you for this amazing tool. It is so easy to use that I couldn't even imagine. I don't need to go to specific environments or to install any programs on my desktop - all required statistics are in my Gmail. I'm really happy to work with it.

Cons
Some features which were listed in extension description are not available now. But I think it's just because of the tool is so young and I hope that they add it asap. (Really want to try more:) )

Response from Docsify

Thank you for the review, Michelle!
You're right, some features are not available now, but we are fixing this moment. We'll be happy to provide you with all new awesome functionality as soon as possible.
Enjoy the Docsify!

Valeria Tkachenko

Great alternative to Boomerang

Reviewed 2019-02-20

I like Docsify as an email tracker and document tracker. So if you need to know what happens with your content after you click send button - check it out

Pros
If you need to track your sent emails - Docsify is a great option, with a nice visualization! What's more? I love the design and the oportunity to track sent documents. I don't send a lot, but when I send PDFs it's really important to know how clients read that. Used Boomerang for Gmail, but Docsify is better in terms of tracking.

Cons
Reminders... waiting for this feature. It's "coming soon", so hope the team will implement it really soon

Bimbisara Pillay

Give Gmail Superpowers

Reviewed 2018-10-18

Being able to track emails lets me know how and who is interacting with my emails. This allows me to know who to follow up with and in which way. I also love the saved templates as they save me a ton of time and help me to send quality replies in a matter of seconds.

Pros
- send later; saves me from some accidental situations - email tracking; great insight into mail activity - templates; saves a ton of time - BCC to CRM; get more use out of email data - Zapier integration; opens up endless possibilities

Cons
Nothing really comes to mind at the moment but it would be nice if there was some built-in CRM and auto-responder.

Alin  Vlad Badilita

Simple and straightforward UI, a must-have for marketers and sales people

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Perfect for tracking, templates and following up with clients

Pros
This is a great extension especially when you're sending presentation to check their impact. I mostly use the email tracking tool but seeing when someone opens documents lets you set triggers and follow-up. Great for sales or any time of outreach.

Cons
If they add a mass email/ sequencing feature, that would make this tool indispensable, i'm very happy with the tool so far

Iva Nikolic

Excellent email tracking addon for Gmail or GSuite

Reviewed 2019-01-22

I've been using Docsify for about 10 months for tracking open rates for my proposals and I am very satisfied.

Pros
I love the option to track opens, clicks and even document download and how many pages of the proposal client has read. There are also productivity tools like text snippets and templates that can be easlity used.

Cons
The software is still being developed, so sometimes there are down times, but support is very friendly and active.

Lloyd Hester

Very useful product

Reviewed 2018-05-15

It saves me a lot of time every day and also helps me to track open rates, downloads and link clicks

Pros
The tracking facility, templates and snippets are really helpful and, as i generate more templates and snippets it get beter and saves me more time.

Cons
Actually, there is nothing that I dont like about this software. The training tutorials could be easier to navigate and there could be a few more video tutorials but overall no big problem.

Very useful for all Gmail or Gsuite user

Reviewed 2019-03-03

it helps me to know which are my important customers and which are not

Pros
In love with this software I can track if my mail was open or not , has my client downloaded the proposal /PPt which was sent him , make sure if mail was delivered to client or not , in short its an amazing tool

Cons
Sometimes is buggy and downtime , if I can get the time spend by my user it will be great

Leonardo Wolff

Data is everything, and Docsify helps a lot

Reviewed 2018-09-04

Very happy with it, it greatly increased my customer service.

Pros
Imagine you work as a freelancer. You send a proposal and the customer says he is not receiving it, or even worse, an unpaid invoice. With Docsify this is all put into the light, since you will know when the receiver opens your email, open the link or the attached file. You can now be sure that is getting it or not. I use this tool EVERYDAY, multiple times a day, and I highly recommend it. If you need to keep track of what happens after the email leave your inbox, this is the tool you need. Docsify runs within as a native Gmail app, so it works all the time.

Cons
No cons until this day, the app works perfectly and I use it everyday.

Alessandro Santo

Great product!

Reviewed 2018-09-05

Pros
I love the product! It's a startup so sometimes it's buggy (they just released a big update to solve the attachment issue), but it's worth a lot more of what you pay. AAA+

Cons
Attachments, dashboard are a bit complicated, but do what they should do.

Jonathan Du Toit

Best for 1on1 interaction with people you care about.

Reviewed 2018-04-19

Best 1on1 experience between myself and clients / prospects. And seriously great for those times when they say they didn't get the email, or didn't check the attachment ;)

Pros
It is visually great. It has a lower fingerprint in my Gmail inbox than other competitors. Trust me, you don't want a tool going to town and messing with everything. Docsify has minimal impact, and the entire experience is streamlined. I can't explain how well these guys track opened/clicked etc. This is an amazing tool.

Cons
Everything I would list here over my entire usage period... has been addressed with updates. Bravo guys.

Timo Hh

Insights on every email

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Pros
Just as with "read" receipts in chat messages, I wanted to be more informed with my emails. Docsify allows me to know if and when an email has been opened and a document has been read. This way I can plan my next steps based on data. Being able to see live updates when my emails are opened and attachments are read has become integral to my outreach with users, leads, and prospects.

Cons
There are still a few bugs in the software, but the team seems to be working to get these resolved and has a great customer support team and keeps communication open.

Anonymous

Docsify provides a tracking experience within gmail that is far more robust than your average app.

Reviewed 2018-04-17

The ability to know when a recepient has reviewed your proposal and/or attached document, instead of wondering "have they looked at it? should I follow up?" - with Docsify you know.

Pros
It provides the ability to track the amount read or scrolled on for attached documents, so not only do you receive the open/read tracking, but more importantly you know when your proposal has been reviewed and/or document attachment.

Cons
The complexity of activating the extension each time inside gmail seems to be a bit "off cue". Sometimes it needs an extra click to get going or log in again.

Anonymous

Every sale are tracked for better results

Reviewed 2018-07-06

My sales which is tracked gives me an upper hand on where to concentrate.

Pros
I love the feature of the Custom domain for tracking opens and links and also custom domains for documents which are a great feature. I also love the support from them, they really do care about their customers.

Cons
UI is clean but it can be improved a lot still and also encountered some bugs like embedded images are broken when the end recipient receives it. But I believe the team will get it fixed in the coming days.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

about docsify

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-01-10

this year I started using email tracking extentions and I switched from one to outher untel I added docsify to my browser then I became able to track my emails easily.

Pros
all the features specially notifications : if somone have saw my email . also file tracking .

Cons
time that the user have passed in viewing my files

Sasha Reminnyi

Something new for me but I'm asking myself now, why didn't I know about it before?

Reviewed 2017-11-15

Pros
The first thing that attracts the most attention is the beautiful and enjoyable UI. But I have to say the features are equally remarkable. I enjoy I can track my emails with all content I sent (documents, attachments, links) and the system notifies me about any action that my recipient did.

Cons
Now I'm trying to use this tool with all my team, so if Docsify can provide the Free plan for teams - it will be great. (now they have Free only for single users)

Matthias Schwehm

A completely new experience with gmail emails, that gives you safety and great insights

Reviewed 2018-07-27

Great insights and the safety, that your email was opened (or not).

Pros
Now you are seeing when someone opens your email, you are seeing exactly which contained links were clicked, you are knowing whether contained pdfs, videos and so on where beeing downloaded...

Cons
Often already beeing sent emails stay in the drafts-folder. It's no bigger problem because you can delete them in this case right away, but it seems to be a little bug.

Camille Ang

We've been using MixMax from sometime now, came across Docsify and it's a great alternative.

Reviewed 2018-05-29

Pros
- We've got unlimited email and link tracking. - It tracks unlimited documents and attachments too. - Docsify has a cleaner and better user interface. - Their roadmap shows promising features. - It helps us track open rates and clicks.

Cons
A few minor bugs I've encountered, but just minor ones. Hoping this will get fixed. Otherwise, overall amazing product.

Anonymous

Great product and works just like boomerang without the expensive bill.

Reviewed 2018-04-09

Pros
Its super easy to manage, easy to set up and does a lot more than the other tools similar to this one. I've had nothing but great things. Customer support has been super responsive and helpful.

Cons
Took me a bit to understand how it all worked, they had a few minor bugs at first but they've updated it since and it works like a charm!

Pilar Vieira

Excellent!

Reviewed 2018-08-02

Pros
The tool is great and very complete, but also the support they offer deserves to be recognized, fast and always interested in helping you, sincerely a pleasure, I take the opportunity to greet team who treated me very well. Thank you very much!!!!

Cons
Nothing to comment, honestly at the moment all right!