Verenia CPQ Reviews

Verenia CPQ

Product configurator, ecommerce and sales enablement

4.67/5 (46 reviews)

Pros
  • It is so user friendly and helps enter production orders accurately and with ease. I would recommend this product to all in the manufacturing industry.Anthony T.Read the full review
  • With Verenia CPQ, if we can think it, we can do it. I have had the opportunity to program and use several configurators during my career, and this is hands down the best.Eric Y.Read the full review
  • The only con's were minor bug fixes, pricing adjustments but these were attended to very quickly by Verenia. The tech support was great and I was very happy with the product.Randle M.Read the full review
Cons
  • Qty box is in a bad spot, I always forget to enter QTY.Elizabeth G.Read the full review
  • I was the project manager that lead the implementation of EosCPQ for my company. We had a very aggressive timeline for implementing a new CPQ with a new CRM.Nathan F.Read the full review
  • The change log functionality is very poor. Getting a response from a quote request for changes from Verenia can take MONTHS.Jessie B.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Brian Maite, AIA, MIES

Great end user interface

Reviewed 2018-08-22

Excellent

Pros
This software allows for a seamless and direct quoting platform and configuration for the end user. This saves time, money, and also provides a polished and professional output. It also allows for built in forecasting and follow up.

Cons
Nothing other than a little education to make sure configuration is accurate. All the tools are built-in

Response from Verenia

Hi Brian - Thanks for the great review! Our commitment to customer satisfaction is our #1 priority!

Melissa Frick

Great Sales & Customer Service Tool

Reviewed 2019-11-25

Our team that works with Verenia CPQ has done a great job at communicating our needs and Verenia CPQ understands these needs and works very hard to provide a product and updates specific to our company. I look forward to the great things Verenia CPQ will provide in the future.

Pros
The best part of this software is that it helps our Customers understand our configured products so much better. Trying to explain a configuration over the phone or even in an email can be difficult to understand if you are not familiar with our products. With this software we can provide details and even images that clear up confusion and help our customers.

Cons
Not having an end user (public account). I like the fact that we can set up our customers so they can see their pricing, discounts, etc. We just have a lot of end users who are looking for a distributor to purchase from but they want the hands on to be able to go in and build their configuration. It would be great to see just a basic account that could do configurations and allow print outs of what was configured but not necessarily save all these configurations.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Eric Yoder

Four years in, still the best configurator I have used

Reviewed 2019-11-22

We continue to expand our use of this software. It is flexible and customizable. With Verenia CPQ, if we can think it, we can do it. I have had the opportunity to program and use several configurators during my career, and this is hands down the best.

Pros
One of the best aspects of Verenia CPQ is its ease of use. We use it primarily for order entry, and when new salespeople join our workforce, they are able to pick it up quickly and aren't hindered by struggling to learn new software. Customer support is outstanding and always has been. In the 4+ years I've been using this software, there have been very few issues, and those few have been dealt with quickly and with excellent communication from Verenia.

Cons
I have yet to find anything that I dislike about the software. I would like to be able to group users in more specific and detailed ways than I can currently, but that in no way hurts business or slows us down.

Heidi Howard

First time round

Reviewed 2019-12-16

I was not a direct creator of our software platform but it is pretty easy to use. Verenia's contacts are very helpful and easy to work with. However, I am not sure we were prepared big picture and got tripped up a bit along the way.

Pros
There are a lot of options on how to create your platform.

Cons
You really need to have a clear view in mind before you get started to be sure the overall flow works long term.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jason Briggs

Reviewed 2019-11-22

Pros
I love being able to see what we are building in EOS. The options are great and the ease of changing said options makes for a smooth product creation. I am excited for the option for our end users to get their hands on this. I like that we will be able to create purchase orders directly from the system. This will make it easier for smaller companies to submit their orders to us.

Cons
We have issues sometimes connecting to our CRM. That is currently being worked on.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Josh Knauer

EoS was made for daily use

Reviewed 2019-11-19

Being able to configure one off products for customers within minutes, as well as having those designs saved and ready for a later date, is priceless.

Pros
The simplicity of the program itself, is what makes me like it the most.

Cons
Sometimes, when things have been added recently, it can be a little buggy or slow to compute your selections. This issue seems to work itself out over time though.

Response from Verenia

Thanks for your feedback Josh. We appreciate you as a customer and your business!

Chelsi Bateson

Great!

Reviewed 2019-11-25

They are quick to respond and easy to work with. We have a lot of information for our product and have made it very manageable for us.

Pros
It is easy to use. We have constant changes and it is quick to update!

Cons
Sometimes slow but we have a log of information to our product

Matt Driy

Great Product

Reviewed 2019-11-23

We use the software for our configured products to layout the design before carrying over to manufacturing.

Pros
Ease of use with graphical illustrations of configured products.

Cons
Pictures sometimes don't carry over to PDF

Cassandra Kalinowski

Visually Pleasing and Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-11-22

Pros
In the way that I use the program every day, it's simple and easy to use.

Cons
I have heard around the office that it's hard to get things changed in the background when there are issues.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

David Smith

Great Product. Modernized our selling process!

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Capture product knowledge, reduce quoting time, reduce quoting errors create platform for future salesperson training.

Pros
Verenia CPQ has allowed us to capture tribal knowledge of a veteran sales team, significantly reduce quoting time, and eliminate quoting errors. And the implementation was easy...no coding knowledge required!

Cons
Verenia has been great about adding custom functionality that they haven't done before, but it took quite a bit longer than they estimated / promised.

Jeff Rooney

Excellent product. Easy to use. No customer complaints.

Reviewed 2017-09-23

I use this on a daily basis and highly recommend it due to it's ease of use and explanation of the pontoons and options.

Pros
As the sales manager for a Bennington pontoon dealership approx. 80% of our Bennington sales are custom ordered pontoons. This software is extremely easy for our sales staff and our customers to build their pontoons, send the build to my desk, and easy for me to price quotes. The customers as well as our sales staff really like the info icon on options that actually show what the option looks like.

Cons
As I stated our sales staff and customers really like the info icon that shows what the option looks like. I would like to see more of this as well as percentages of customers that select that feature. This would help add more value to the options.

Guy Stewart II

EoS is coming on strong

Reviewed 2015-04-27

EoS is getting bigger and better every day! Getting used to any new program can be a task in itself...but EoS does a good job of keeping it simple and easy to get accustomed to. The Tree Layout makes it all appear perfectly and their new layout for Maintenance really helps you navigate around through your products and areas of a product easily. The best part of using EoS is the fact it is a developing product that is solid already. What this means is if you find tiny things that don't seem right the program is not a dead program so they are there to actually assist you and potentially will add in more options for the masses (if they can't help you find a way around your situation). Speaking of finding a way around your situation...there are limitless ways for that to happen. Though the product is structured and has it's own strict guidelines it also has a CodeExec area which is very open and can do almost anything you can figure out how to write code for. So the limitations to the structure don't end up limiting your creativity or end design to you wish to achieve. Now for the cons...and there are few...as a developing program there are MANY changes that come through often and can cause you to have to adjust your process and thoughts...but they do not "Break" your configurations (Good news!). There also can be little bugs...though I don't know of any major items that weren't squashed way back in Beta. On the flip side though this con is overcome easily as they ARE actively developing every day and as noted with my 5 Star rating their Customer Service is Top Notch (unlike some other software). I would recommend this program/service to any company looking to get into Product Configuration. It really is very powerful and from what I have seen over the last couple of years will continue to grow and get even better!

Sue Penick

Very Customizable Software with excellent support from the EosCPQ team

Reviewed 2016-01-18

Our requirements are very demanding and complex. The Verenia Team has worked side by side with us to meet the challenges and produce an excellent Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) and Lead, Sales Order, Parts Order, Warranty, Registration, Serial Tracking System! Along with this, the tools are available to create programs and reports with elaborate calculations. The Verenia Team has helped us create all the interfaces between our ERP and Shipment Tracking to eliminate redundant maintenance and manual updating. Security is baked in, to allow levels of access to all the menus/options available. We have just released our 3 version of the software and are ecstatic with the results. When we first went live with the CPQ, the speed was really slow. (Intolerable) It also didn't work well on iPads at first. We brain-stormed as a team and over 4 months increased the speed immensely. The software now works with all browsers. Recommendations to others considering the product: Plan for extra development if your demands are very complex. What business problems are you solving? What Benefits have you realized? We are providing our dealership network with a full service portal where they receive their leads based on consumers building product that is pushed right to their Quotes & Orders work bench. Leads can be quoted, then orders placed, external sales reps approve and plan shipments, to internal sales acceptance. Orders are put into our ERP and the invoiced info with serial numbers is pushed back to the web for warranty registration, service tracking for parts and warranty. We use the CPQ to create our specs and order forms, and reports for dealers. This is the front end to our total selling process.

Jessie Busse

Easy to use for Non-Software Engineers

Reviewed 2019-11-22

Pros
It is simple to set up basic UI's and manage long tree structures. The rule based structure is easy to learn and manipulate.

Cons
1. The change log functionality is very poor. 2. Getting a response from a quote request for changes from Verenia can take MONTHS. 3. There is no way to check spelling in your rules, so if there is a typo that references back to nothing built into the UI, it can be a very time-consuming effort to determine why the rule isn't firing appropriately.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Tom Grubba

Very user friendly...

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Accurate information and builds. We used to use an Excel Document for configuring products...

Pros
We manufacture custom light bars and other vehicle related products. The configurator makes it easy to build products for customers and give them a visual of what the bar looks like. It also automatically calculates their discount which is a nice feature.

Cons
Being able to cut and paste to duplicate the build for a different company. Many of our configurations are common across multiple agencies...

Nathan Fultz

Great software, incredible company!

Reviewed 2016-01-08

I was the project manager that lead the implementation of EosCPQ for my company. We had a very aggressive timeline for implementing a new CPQ with a new CRM. I can't say enough good things about the Verenia team and their effort. Without their help we would not have been able to hit our deadline and deliver a significantly better quoting experience for our sales team. The software is really good. It has a lot of flexibility and is very easy to use with just a little bit of training. Our company had a CPQ prior to switching to Eos that was much more complicated and difficult to use. So the users are much happier with the ease of use in Eos. We were able to also integrate Eos with our new CRM and our ERP system. This has allowed us to get a much better workflow for our sales people, and to pass the quotes directly to our ERP system as sales orders, which has saved a lot of time from re-rentering information from the quote into a sales order. All of these improvements are making a very positive impact on our business and has been received well by our sales team that has to use the system on a daily basis. As I mentioned before, we were able to implement two new systems (EosCPQ and CRM) in less than 6 months in order to time the launch with a slower business period to make it easier for our team to adapt to the new systems. None of this would have been possible without Eos or the great team at Verenia that helped us pull this off. I would highly recommend this to anyone that's considering a new CPQ.

Cassy Bindis

Quality product with very responsive customer service and ongoing positive updates

Reviewed 2016-01-04

The software is very customizeable, flexible and is extremely helpful for quoting the various configurations of a wide range of 20,000+ part numbers. The team at Verenia is also very responsive and works diligently to help solve any challenges. They really go above what was expected from a vendor. Overall, this software offers more easy of use for administrators, ensures accurate part numbers are quoted and decreases the time required for sales to get quotes to customers. There were a few, small features that were lacking, but the team worked hard to implement our suggestions in an update and help us in creating alternate ways to do what we needed to do to solve our business challenges. What we accomplished with EosCPQ: -Decrease the time it takes for users to send quotes to customers. -Ensure accuracy of customer information by implement the quoting software with our CRM customer database. -Decrease the time it takes to add new part number configurations to the quoting software. -Easier for admins to make modifications and changes that are required in the CPQ.

Bryan Stiver

Great Software and Great Partners

Reviewed 2016-01-08

EOS CPQ was everything we wanted in a quoting system. It has allowed us to fully customize the software to fit the needs of the sales team and our customers. Pros: Flexible framework that allows you to tailor the experience for your users. We have been able to make many enhancements over our previous quoting solution, while not losing any functionality. We have also been able to integrate EOS with other business systems to make a seamless process from first contact with the customer in CRM to the order being placed in our ERP tool. This has allowed us to eliminate duplicate data entry and streamline these processes. Cons: There were a few features early on that we lacking that were must haves for us and the Verenia team stepped up and built many of them into the base functionality of the system. They have been great partners to work with and we continue to look forward to working together! Overall this has been a great 4 month period working with EOS CPQ and there will be an easily achievable ROI!

Meghan Ziegler

Simple but pretty robust

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Pros
It is easy to use even without an extensive coding background. It makes the configure to quote process so much faster which really pleases customers.

Cons
Sometimes I wish there were more options for customization of how you can display things. But I understand there are only limited options in order to keep the usability easy for everyone

jessica zamudio

User friendly for all employees

Reviewed 2015-06-30

as a new employee, I love the fact it is very easy to use. I was able to login and immediately use with some training. It has allowed me to learn as i go. It's straight forward and simple. I can complete a job in 1/2 the time it would take me to search for all the information, instead it's just a click away. we can also customize this program as our options increase for our clients. Our company is expanding in the rail and marine markets and therefore so will our workload. Benefits- Our customers' orders are custome so we need to cater to all of their requests. This application allows us to quickly enter our orders, customize features/options and complete our tasks so we can meet our tight deadlines. Remember our custsomer comes first, so anything we can do to service them quickly and efficiently is always a plus.

Keri Rimbaugh

A Rock Solid Foundation

Reviewed 2016-02-17

EOS CPQ was exactly what our company needed to begin building our custom configurator that is now known as one of the very best in the business. EOS CPQ is a solution in and of itself, but our requirements involved quite a bit of customization. The combination of the product, and the amazing Verenia team that supports it, put our company in a position where we were only limited by our own imaginations. As a Developer/Programmer, I love that it gave me a solid foundation, but didn't lock me in a box. EOS CPQ has a little bit of a learning curve at first. After that, someone with just basic computer skills can use it to build a great system, and someone who understand code can really take it to the next level. It's the best of both worlds.

Jammi Walter

Eos takes control of the endless possibilities

Reviewed 2015-09-29

EoS is such an intuitive program. In working with configurations there are just so many options that it can become rather daunting. This program takes you from the beginning to the end seamlessly. Saving time and energy along the way. The thing I like best about this program is how easy it is to understand. I can talk someone who has almost no computer skills through this program with complete ease. Which makes us look great and leaves the customer with a sense of accomplishment and confidence that things were done the right way, the first time.

Response from Verenia

Jammi - We've very happy to have you as a customer. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever feel that you have less than a perfect experience with us.

Elizabeth DiGiovanni

Not bad for a newbie :)

Reviewed 2015-12-03

It was interesting for me because I was a fresh set of eyes to the new configurator as well. From the week experience I had with the original one, I can say that this is far more streamlined and more user friendly. I particularly like the prompts on the sidebar when parts don't match up, as well as not having to return back to the header should you need to select a different type of seat. It runs faster, DocLinking is no longer the nightmare it once was. All of the minor stuff that was part-specific was addressed by Vic and Jordan quickly. I think the team needed to do more testing/training for a smoother launch.

Tina Irving

This software solution made growth feel welcome, not daunting.

Reviewed 2015-05-23

The whole process from start to finish took very little time and energy. The end result saved us hours of tedious, unpleasant calculations and left us with something that we do actually enjoy using. We were able to customize everything about the product to suit our company's culture and objectives. Our customers are happy because they're receiving faster more accurate information, even from new hires. Vic was pleasure to work with, he just gets it. We can't wait for next project. The hardest part really will be deciding what to tackle next.

Eric Yoder

A configurator that has been developed by people that know what configurators should do.

Reviewed 2015-05-01

The EosCloudStore configurator is an outstanding product. It has been fun to learn and apply to our business. The support from Verenia is first rate. The few (very few) issues that have come up during our conversion process have been resolved quickly and accurately. Questions are answered in the same way. This feels like a configurator that has been developed by people that know what configurators should do - with a bottom to top approach to configuration that allows you to accomplish anything you want in the simplest way possible.