Gong.io Reviews - Page 3

I don't know what we would do without Gong

Great!

Pros

Gong is awesome! It allows every call to be recorded, analyzed and sent to the correct people. Gong allows managers to make comments on specific parts of the calls, speed up or slow down the pace and send feedback to the reps. One of the coolest parts about Gong is how the platform analyzes each call, letting the manager and caller know how much he/she talks compared to the customer/prospect, what topics were discussed, and even what words you are repeating many times.

Cons

I think that the only thing that could be considered negative about Gong is that anyone at your company can listen to the call/recording

Great tool for small & medium sized sales teams

Gong.io is always used by our new employees to listen to sales and customer success calls to learn the lay of the land. Super useful.

Pros

My favorite part of Gong is it's unique, advanced technology that listens to the call and automatically inputs timestamps with talking points and who is speaking for your recorded conversations. GREAT for sales teams and customer success teams to go back and listen and easily find any vital information that was discussed on the call.

Cons

At the current time I can truly say I have no problems or complaints with the Gong.io platform. I'm just surprised it isn't used by more sales teams.

Must have for remote sales calls

Pros

Gong is an intuitive platform that syncs seamlessly with our calendars and meeting software (Gsuite and Zoom). The ability to review calls to make sure I have all the details of an opportunity tracked has become absolutely essential to my process, and I love the AI breakdowns of interactivity, topics covered, etc.

Cons

Occasionally Gong will not automatically connect to the Zoom meeting, but luckily I can addd it manually on the fly

MUST have tool for sales

Gong is allowing our team to learn from each other, which is especially helpful as we are located across the globe. Futher more its allowing for self reflection with all the data and analytics that come from each call.

Pros

I LOVE this tool for learning! The recordings are great so go and listen to again so you can pick up the little nuances that you didn't catch during your call. This makes your future calls way more effective. It's also great to learn from your co-workers and listen to their calls. Furthermore, the level of data and metrics that it gives on calls is amazing. I now know my filler words and have been able to actively work on removing them from my calls.

Cons

I don't like how it chimes in awkwardly during the call to announce that it is being recorded.

Excellent sales tool that allows for self improvement through call review and knowledge sharing.

I use Gong for two different things, both of which the platform excels at: keeping track of customer conversations during long sales cycles and as a tool for self-improvement in my own calls. The first one is self-explanatory, having the capability to go back to any previous customer conversation and easily pull the "highlights" from previous calls - allowing me a level of preparedness I wouldn't...

Pros

Having a library of all the calls in your organization, organized and broken down with recommendations and stats, is a powerful tool to have for sales self-improvement (specifically for onboarding new employees learning the product and sales cycle).

Cons

Not much to dislike - maybe the voice to text translation (being able to pull transcripts of your calls).. it never seems to work for me very well.

Fantastic software that's critical to any sales organization

Gong.io helps us to review calls and better follow-up with prospects. It's also great for training, identifying areas of improvement and managing sales teams.

Pros

The best part is that the solution seamlessly integrates with your existing apps and is super easy to use. All your calls are right there in the home dashboard and its very easy to find what you're looking for in calls. Overall great user experience and product.

Cons

The mobile app needs improvements, but overall not a big deal.

Can't Imagine Life without Gong as a Sales Person

Gong has saved my skin more than once as it provides a safety net for me as a sales rep, that way I don't have to be taking notes during calls all the time - I can focus on what my prospects are saying and go back to listen to important parts of the call afterwards and structure my follow-up in that regard.

Pros

The ability to look at what other colleagues wrote to my customers The ability to listen back on important calls The ability to search by keywords within a recording Transcribed recordings

Cons

I don't think there are a lot of cons with this software. If anything maybe it has gotten too complex as they released more and more features.

Needs a Recruiters mode in addition to Sales mode for categories

As a recruiter, having my manager review my phone calls allows her to offer me really great tips and feedback for a lot of the nuances of navigating conversations that are not very cookie-cutter by nature.

Pros

The playback quality is great, and I really like being able to see who's talking at what point in time which allows me to pick where in the conversation I want to fast forward or rewind too. The ability to listen at a faster speed is also great.

Cons

The NLP for the speech to text transcription needs work. I'm a Technical Recruiter which means there are a lot of software engineering specific lingo like programming languages and various acronyms that don't get picked up. It's obviously a niche market for a user, but it does make the transcript function a lot less usable for me. Also, the categories for the timeline such as "small talk" and "pricing" are all sales focused. Again, I'm a niche user base, but if there was a "recruiting" mode and categories specifically to that then it would be a lot more useful to me. Plus recruiting and HR profressionals should definitely be using Gong and could be a good market share.

I wouldn't want to do my job without this tool!

I have had a great overall experience using gong!

Pros

Gong allows me to focus on my calls knowing that I can rely on the recordings for note taking. It's extremely beneficial to be able to share comments/feedback with my teammates. Additionally, I like to include demonstration recordings in my proposals to prospective clients which is always received well.

Cons

The search function to filter through call library doesn't always appear to work.

The Place to Improve

Pros

I loved being able to see the analytics behind the conversation. On top of letting it be used however you want and the amazing playback, it allows you to see stats and make comments.

Cons

It asks for a username and password to enter every 60 seconds.

Great tool to get a holistic view of both your customers and employees

Gong is fun and intuitive. It gathers all I need as a manager and a really great experience reviewing calls in seconds.

Pros

The ability to get a complete journey of my customers A managers summary allowing me to stay up to date with all that's important in my tram

Cons

Needs more fine tuning to surface meaningful parts of the conversation. Would be great also to get proactive alerts on risk or upsell potentials raised by customers.

Gong at Linkedin

Amazing! A+ product.

Pros

No brainer- this is the best recording tool for sales reps and their managers. With gong, I can’t actually focus during my calls instead of writing down every word. It’s easy for my manager to access my calls and leave feedback.

Cons

If my SDR schedules a meeting for me, it doesn’t automatically record so I’m missing a lot of recordings. I know there’s a work around here but sometimes I forget

Gong should be an essential part of every sales rep's tech stack

Pros

Apart from maybe Salesforce, Gong is the second most important tool in my stack as an AE. It's easy to use (almost no set up), allows me to listen to my calls and most importantly gives me the opportunity to use analytics to see how I can improve with every call.

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback as of now, the platform does exactly what we wanted it to do. I can see the future of gong being a virtual assistant to sales reps, that not only transcribes notes, but logs them for you and set's up tasks for you automatically in your CRM based on what it heard on the call.

Game changer for call analysis & more

Pros

I like that it's fully integrated to Zoom and Gsuite. I can easily create conference calls within my Google Calendar, without needing to log into Gong.io. Once the call is over, I get an email with a list of action items written there. Makes my summaries to send to the client very accurate and quick. Further, it enables me to communicate key points to my team internally. There's super accurate transcription (even with my Aussie accent), neat analysis tools (e.g. what are your filler words) and suggestions.

Cons

Nothing to complain about in the slightest.

Game-changing product for coaching and performance

Gong is crucial for any organization that is serious about coaching and enabling their customer-facing teams with the feedback they need to improve. Gong has an incredible team that lives the thought leadership they espouse and is there to help whenever you need them. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

Pros

Gong is critical for any sales, customer-success, or client-facing professional who wants to grow in their role. It also allows for extremely easy collaboration with peers and managers by being able to tag crucial moments in a conversation for coaching purposes and just helping to push that deal over the finish line. I don't know how I ever did my job without Gong.

Cons

I had an important call with a strategic customer get lost in the ether and was not able to recover it :(

Great for progressing your sales career

Pros

Love the ease of use Search is great Ability to listen to others calls The insights and tips/tricks are fantastic Overall the product has been fantastic for me to grow into my role and train for future roles as well

Cons

This might be an issue of our own SSO, but getting gong to work well on mobile has been a struggle for me. I'd love to be able to listen to calls on my walk in to work

Great Tool!

Pros

I've used several other tools in the past to record and transcribe calls/meetings, and Gong has been the most accurate. I love how robust the software is and all its functionality.

Cons

It could be a little more user friendly.

5* Review - Number 1 sales tool

Pros

In my opinion, this product is KEY for success in sales. I enjoy listening back to my sales calls in order to analyze and better myself. I also find the deals feature incredibly useful as it helps me keep track of my pipeline. Overall, 5* product and would recommend to any organization.

Cons

At first, I did find the software confusing to understand. However, this was partly due to how many features there are on the software so it just took a little while to get used to. Now, I fully understand all functions and use them daily.

What was life before Gong?!

Pros

Gong has been HUGELY helpful for reviewing past calls to remind myself of action items, attendees, etc. I make use of the recordings multiple times a week. My team also uses Gong to provide call feedback for team members. I also like that at the beginning of an external call, Gong announces its presence/recording to all attendees.

Cons

The transcription service is good, not great - both in terms of identifying the speaker and also what they said. Also, it's not entirely clear to me how to add Gong to an existing call.

A go to toolfor Customer Success

Very positive. Gong is the first and most important tool for my CS teams. I can measure the impact to both my internal and external customers.

Pros

The ability to use metrics to deliver the value of my team. Gong is the first tool I implement with my CS teams. It provides parameters to monitor how my CS teams are engaging with customers. I can correlate the impact of Gong to my retention and expansion. I believe the ability to share calls with our internal teams has an impact on how CS can shape an organization.

Cons

At time is can be hard to find features.

Game changer

Fantastic, not only is the tool great, they share best practices and observations based on their aggregate data, and the content is incredibly helpful as well.

Pros

I LOVE Gong.io . Being able to review calls, check talk ratios, quickly skip to relevant topics, change speed, and leave comments for others... all of these features used to seem like a 'nice to have' now the are 'need to have' for success.

Cons

They changed some of the UI so that calls are on a timeline and not listed. I haven't been able to figure out how to change it back, and I really dislike the timeline.

Incredible Sales Tool!

I came from a place of work that did not have an option to record or return back to access calls with prospects. It was often difficult to recall what the asks or requirements were as I could only rely on my notes and would have to embarrass e-mail the prospect afterwards to confirm their requirements. Gong eliminates all of those challenges, and automates the sales process by providing transcripts and provides referenceable key areas of engagements.

Pros

There is no other way to put other than Gong is an incredible sales tool. I really love being able to access call recordings, which include video of prospects, transcripts, and areas of engagement with potential clients.

Cons

None - I can't think of any. The tool is fully fleshed out and extremely effective.

Excellent Tool for Sales

Exceptional sales tool and training tool. Easy to use. Very productive.

Pros

It is incredible to be able to go back and listen to customer calls to pick up details I may have missed while taking notes or to double check facts. Additionally I love that it shows a breakdown of the conversation in terms of time and flow. It's a great visual as a salesperson to know that I'm selling with my ears vs. my mouth. In today's world with so many video calls it is also an excellent way to self-critique how you appear on camera and coming across to your customers. As a company it is a great training and/or onboarding tool to be able to listen to calls of others in same role or different functions. Wish I had this tool my entire career!

Cons

I don't like that it announces "Recording in Progress". Also that you can't see what you look like on video until you hit "Continue" to acknowledge the recorded session, because then you're in front of everyone else on the call and can't tweak how you appear before going live.

Fantastic AI

Ive used this in my current company, as well as my past company, and it has been pivotal for my training, upskilling, quality assurance, and thoroughness of communications.

Pros

I LOVE how Gong helps me find critical moments in calls, and makes it easy for me to find the information I am looking for

Cons

Im unable to answer this question completely, but for what I use the tool for, its great :D

Game Changer!

Gong has become a significant platform that helps us manage our opportunity pipeline and close more deals. It works perfectly with salesforce and our telephony platform in a seamless fashion.

Pros

I love the insights I receive on not only individuals but the team as a whole. The ability to validate beliefs and find opportunities to close more deals is unparalleled.

Cons

I can't really come up with anything, I just needed to write something.