Gong.io Reviews - Page 5

Gong

Gong has been a great tool for learning and perfecting my sales skills

Pros

I love that Gong gives you trackable data to use as a way to improve your sales skills. It allows you to listen to your sales calls and tracks key phrases that allow you to quickly find what you're looking for

Cons

There is a concern of employee privacy that comes into question when using a platform like this. Management can definitely use as a tool to micro-manage.

Essential for any sales team

I have seen a big increase in the overall win rates. I also have the ability to make the most out of each opportunity.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Gong for my personal use to reflect on previous calls but also the coaching opportunities it allows. The data and stats gong provides enable any capable salesperson to improve and grow.

Cons

There isn’t anything I dislike about the service and experience Gong provides.

Perfect fit for CS

I can be present on calls and record my notes later I can give and receive feedback on calls I can understand metrics of my calls and how I rank in my peer group

Pros

Gong is critical to my workflow. I use Gong to listen and learn to my colleagues calls, listen to my own calls for areas for improvement and for recording notes after calls.

Cons

Transcripts need some work. I wish I could copy from the transcript into the CRM.

Game Changer

Gong helped our team identify deficiencies and work faster to close deals. With Gong, we can measure, analyze and fill the gaps to improve. Our product team reviews past calls to identify feature requests and the search functionality is incredible.

Pros

Easy, automated, simple and effective. Gong has been a gamechanger and helped our entire sales team work more effectively.

Cons

Can't think of a con. Sometimes longer calls take a while to upload, but that's about it.

Gong review

Pros

Training and improvement of the sales team, my team's calls are finally not siloed, I can review them and the team can learn from them.

Cons

Our touch with the CS team has been minimal, we could have used more training or being pushed to use the features.

Simple Idea Executed Perfectly

Has really helped me take notes and prepare for future big calls. I love it and am a huge proponet for this software for others.

Pros

To be able to go back and listen to a call has been huge. What people say is the biggest indicator for if a deal will close vs relying on your emotions you felt during the call. It keeps you honest.

Cons

It's very impressive, im not sure what else they can do to make it better. The transcripts are great.

I'm a Gong Fan

I've been able to hone in on my sales skills & easily listen to other reps calls to see where they're excelling, which which has increased my win rate percentage and TCV.

Pros

I've used Gong for over 2 years and I love that I can listen to the call within 5 minutes of being completed and jump to different areas of the call or fast forward by 2x. This really allows me to provide feedback on myself, learn from my mistakes & see what areas I need improvement on. I also love how I can share my calls with my contacts.

Cons

I honestly can't think of one thing that I dislike about the product.

Critical sales tool

Gong has helped me close more deals

Pros

- Ability to re visit past calls helps reps understand what is important to the prospect and gather all the important data points (not some)

Cons

- New timeline based interface makes is challenging to navigate to past calls

Gong for sales

Pros

I really enjoy the clean UI while setting up prospective customer calls.

Cons

Sometimes the system lags or logs people out. This could also be a Wifi issue on either end. Sound settings are sometimes difficult to use as well.

Used heavily as a new hire

This has been a very helpful tool during training, prepping for meetings and when writing recap emails. I highly recommend it.

Pros

The technology is fantastic - being able to go back and listen to discovery calls before a demo is really helpful and having the ability to search by keyword and listen to other successful reps on calls help me onboard quickly.

Cons

sometimes the transcription isn't as good as it could be. would be nice to have a monthly summary of my calls with recommendations on where I can improve based on company and industry standards.

Easy to use! and great for collaboration!

This tool is great overall. I wish I had Gong.io at my previous organizations. Allows you to really focus on the task and hand with a reliable source to go back to view.

Pros

Gong.io is extremely easy to use and is great for collaboration. Using Gong got me ramped up to do my job in a matter of days. I often use it to review notes before follow up demos and calls.

Cons

I do not have many cons. If anything the search functionality is a little bit confusing. If you do not have the exact name of the call you are trying to view it will take a while to track down.

Gong is the best!

Pros

Its amazing, easy to use, and a great centralized tracker for all account based conversations.

Cons

none that i can think of. Any con i've come up with has been updated before I felt the need to complain

great sales tool

I try to use Gong daily. I listen to a call to check my understanding, I go back to a prior call to prep for the next. Its a great tool

Pros

I can recheck my notes I can self evaluate my call I can share my call with others I can listen to other successful sales peoples calls calls post quickly Gong helps me be better every day

Cons

It is not always fun to see when you missed an opportunity, but it is better to know.

Gong is the BEST

Pros

Love the ability to listen to and comment on both my own and my peers' sales calls. It's been an absolute game changer to be able to reflect on how one went and see exactly where I can improve. On top of that, it's great to be able to have a recording incase any important info gets overlooked during the initial call, makes post-call notes/review so much more beneficial.

Cons

Not sure how accurate the bottom "topic" section is (i.e. the part that lists different topics being discussed in the call)

Good Insight and Note Taking

It's much much better than I thought. We used to rely on our video chat to record calls and it was a mess

Pros

I love that I can go back to a recorded call and find topics of conversation. makes it easy to pass calls on to other reps and great for training

Cons

This is probably an organization issue but I wish we divided our calls into folders - Demos, Discoveries, Purchase calls ect

Great Best Practices

We had the issue of not getting the appropriate coaching or stats from phone calls and now we can coach best practices, learn off one another, and share recordings internally to improve and quicken the sales process.

Pros

The great thing about gong is it promotes best practices. It's easy to listen to calls, asses calls, and coach based off Gong.

Cons

It can take a few clicks to get to wear you want to go.

Gong - A need for survival

Pros

My favorite part of Gong.io is how easy it is to search the call transcripts and pinpoint exactly what it is that I want to learn about. The product I sell has many different features, many of which I do not have good talk tracks for. Anytime I get stumped on a particular objection or product feature in a customer conversation, the first thing I do is search for that in Gong. 99.99% of the time I am able to find a conversation where it is addressed. I would not be half the salesperson I am without this tool.

Cons

Sometimes the topics in the call to jump to are not accurate. For example, if I want to hear somebody talk about the analytics feature of our tool and jump to that part of the cool, sometimes that is not accurate and they are talking about something completely different. Easy fix is to just search the transcript though.

If you mange Sales Teams you woul dbe crazy not to use Gong

They have been fantastic. Their CS Team stays on top of the optimization of the platform as they roll out new features and deliver insights on what has worked for similar organizations.

Pros

It allows us to review deals, hone our deal strat, train our teams, share knowledge, optimize our persona-driven messaging, coach individually, benchmark our best reps and compare to the overall team's performance, alert me to any deals that could be at risk and more. I would never manage a Sales Team without it again.

Cons

They can work on the transcription of the calls a bit.

Great software to review sales calls

Overall I love the concept of the software and feel it will only get better.

Pros

It allows for you to see highlights in the meetings and common threads. It also allows for you to see most used words as well as things that your prospect said of note.

Cons

I don’t like that it sometimes only picks up what the sales person says and transcribes the information incorrectly.

Gong review

Love the concept, the brand and the direction

Pros

The ability to share snippets with our back-end teams in R&D and product to accelerate customer feedback to the whole company and keep everyone close to the field. Also, love using the best customer call recordings as training for new hires

Cons

Interface is a little too simple and unattractive

Gong.io proof of concept

Overall, I think Gong.io is a pretty awesome software, but it requires your colleagues and teammates to have the time to go into the platform and listen to calls or mine the data. In that regard, it's a bit time-consuming and, as a company, we haven't allocated the time to do this, therefore not deriving its full value.

Pros

I think that Gong.io is a pretty slick software that goes beyond call recording. In addition to doing audio and video recording, it's great to easily mine the call for keywords and "points of interest," which is their term for action items. Rather than connect with colleagues to tell them about calls, they can go into the software and search the call to read/see what's most relevant for them.

Cons

Gong.io has a variety of great features, but I dislike two of them. One is that I have the ability to record or cancel recordings for calls that I'm not on; similarly, my colleagues can record or cancel my calls that they're not on. Also, to do the recording, either a red button appears letting everyone know the recording is happening, or there's a notetaker. Ideally, this would be anonymous, but instead it is obvious. Also, it would be wonderful if the software could autogenerate takeaways or insights; that's still a manual process.

Don't have to take notes anymore

Pros

Easy to navigate, intuitive, allows me to focus on the call at hand instead of worrying about writing everything down.

Cons

The app could be better but it's definitely improved alot since they released it

Game Changer

Sales team was amazing ... and then the product delivered against a high expectation. CS team is the best I have encountered in a long time.

Pros

We were literally using humans to listen to calls and coach on effectiveness before gong. It was slow, expensive and didn't scale. Gong suddenly, like overnight, gave us a view into our customers that we never had before. I don't usually give reviews. I am a [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and really respect a transformational product that makes my life better and our revenue stronger. Gong is that for us.

Cons

I haven't found things I like least... though I can make up lots of feature requests, overall I am happy with the product and the roadmap of features we have seen added.

Never lose any information from important calls

Great! I use Gong all the time. I don't know what I did before gong!

Pros

I can review all my calls and take key points that I may have missed and turn my Client's experience into a WOW! moment.

Cons

The transcript is not great, and confusing to follow. I also think the analytics are interesting, but without clear reasons to back up the analytics, they are just white noise.

Great for molding your craft!

This tool has allowed me to increase my closing percentage, reframe my selling style, and understand key trends with buyers.

Pros

It is amazing that this tool allows you to be able to go back and listen to key words, phrases, pauses, etc. The power to be able to go back and listen to a call and critic yourself and learn from it is a game changer. Little things such as a detail you missed, or a question you asked that you could of done differently.

Cons

The only thing I would say could be improved is some of the app capabilities.