All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

LivePlan Reviews

LivePlan Review

On scale of 1-10 i would say 8-9. Which is very good!

Pros

Very easy to use Make a lot of sense on how the chapters organized. Very good customer service

Cons

Graphs and tables of the forecasts isnt so clear. Nead an additional assistance on that part.

Great product & Great Price

Pros

I liked how the data interacted with itself in the program. The ability for the program to keep track of changes in financial data as well as show the impact of those changes is unmatched.

Cons

Small learning curve, but very easy once you get the hang of it.

Intuitive and highly recommended.

Pros

Great guidance notes and examples for each step/module make this an education as well as tool.

Cons

Integration with more accounting platforms would create more choice for compatibility.

Fantastic Product

I really like Liveplan and I still do as I'm using it on a regular basis. Very easy to use, tons of examples in all the sections which is really helpful. I was able to share the plan with my colleague without giving him my login details which I found quite useful as my colleague is located abroad.

Pros

The price!!! I looked around and I think this app beats the others I looked at in terms of price for what is offered. Also the examples were a pro and definitely the financials. I hadn't a clue how to do them previously so that was a big help.

Cons

Nothing I really disliked about it to be honest.

Love this product!! Not sure how we survived without it.

Pros

Cost effective. Professional business plan presentations. Very easy to use- just input your company details and it produces a professional plan you are able to present to others. I really like the financial forecasting and budgeting piece of the program.

Cons

I have a difficult time finding much I do not like about this program. The only thing I can think of as a suggestion would be to offer more examples or scenarios within the categories.

Business forecast on a whole new level

Pros

Its a perfect tool to forecast and plan business financial data. It has a lot of configurations for you to input different types of revenues and expenses. Set your initial balances and even configure EOY taxes. For startups this tool is extremely useful as it will help you forecast the first 1-2 years of operation with ease.

Cons

The real problem is tracking data of forecast vs real data. Luckly we use xero so we can sync our real data but for some reason, it's not easy to do. There are no reports of any sort that let you export and make specific analysis.

Terrible Support...

Nearly impossible to get good support.. And nearly impossible to cancel the account once you decide to do so..

Pros

Good vision.

Cons

Hi Dave, We're very sorry that you were not satisfied with our customer support. Our team here in Oregon strives to provide direct and quick support for any of our customers needs, via phone, chat, online, and email communication. I'd like to personally offer to follow-up to help alleviate your issues. Based on our call records, we see that someone from your company was able to get through...

Great business plan software

Pros

Fanstastic software that allows you to create a business plan step by step and offer you hints and tricks. Makes beautiful presentations!

Cons

It's a little costly for the probably one-time use; however, it is extremely useful and provides you with everything you need.

Business Plan made easy!

I needed to create a business plan to seek funding and LivePlan is a very cost effective and powerful method for putting together projections and cash flow. I am very happy with this product and highly recommend to everyone to give it a try!

Pros

Valuable tool for seeking funding and making projections!

Cons

Needs more templates and customization options for the final document.

Thanks so much for the great feedback Kunal - we really appreciate it!

Too Expensive for my needs

It's a good product. I learned how to use it and did very well.

Pros

It was easy to use, once you understood it. It took me a while to figure out how to enter the information. I liked that I could move things around.

Cons

There were some limitations. I couldn't make a duplicate of an item. Or make changes easily.

Good tool to visualize your business plan

Can only recommend this tool. It helped me a lot while writing and consolidating my business plan.

Pros

Forecast planning made easy. Within minutes you gain a great overview of potential gross profits, cash flows or profit & loss scenarios.

Cons

Possible local or regional requirements need to be considered if this tool is being used.

Thanks Daniel - we appreciate you taking the time to review LivePlan!

Grow your business intentionally

Strong, helpful product. Delightful communications.

Pros

I really appreciated how easy it was to project the impact of the decisions we were considering. It made planning my business's growth intuitive.

Cons

The initial set up was time-consuming, but still better than doing this manually.

Thanks for leaving a review - greatly appreciated!

Like this product alot

I Update my business plan annually. I like the fact that I can "suspend" the monthly billing when I am not actively working on the plan. Saves me a ton of money.

Cons

Thanks for the kind words, Brant! We're really glad to hear about how LivePlan has helped you succeed with lean planning. If you¿d like to share a success story for your business, we¿d be happy to consider featuring your story on our website. You can share that information here: http://paloalto-4.hs-sites.com/pr-opportunities-liveplan

Pleased customer

Pros

Its intuitive and interactive. I like the sample plans mostly.

Cons

Nothing. Liveplan had all the bells and whistles plus the basic. What's not to like?

Live plan helped

Very positive. I was able to receive ‘start-up’ funding to help me realise my dreams and start my own business. To do that I had to present business plans to investors and ‘live-plan’ gave me the software and ability to produce a well presented, easy to understand business plan.

Pros

I found that it was user friendly and I was able to use it to build a business from start to end.

Cons

Few issues with the labour costs and wasn’t always able to display the information as I would have liked.

Superb for Business plans

It helps us is growing our business by making plans and we see a clear difference in our business before and after using it.

Pros

One of the freind suggested us LivePlan and we are very thankfull to him because it helps us making business plans in a very simple and easy way because they guide us step-by-step with a good examples that is very good for a new person

Cons

I have nothing to say but it is a bit expansive for us but i recommend it.

Excited about LivePlan features!

I haven't been using LivePlan long, but I have set up my company's financial expectations and goals, and am really happy with the user-friendly, yet comprehensive setup of this software. I believe it will go a long way in assisting me to create a long-term, realistic financial plan for my business!

Pros

I really like all the integrated charts and graphs to help me clearly envision the current status of my financial goals!

Cons

So far, I really like what I see...nothing bad to report!

Didn't help me

I purchased this to help create a business plan and it may work for other businesses but the help given was mostly for retail companies. Not much help for an insurance agency.

Pros

Customer service is excellent, I was able to reach someone immediately when calling.

Cons

It is a little difficult to try and figure out even after watching the tutorials.

Thanks for your feedback Nancy - greatly appreciated.

LivePlan

It did the job.

Pros

- Ease of use - Ease of navigation - Sleek and clean layout - Selfhelp articles and videos

Cons

- Word placeholders to replicate commonly used words, such as |Company Name| - More graphs needed to indicate things like market share, etc - Spider graphs to compare features of competitor products in one graph - Better tables

Thanks for taking the time to review LivePlan Clive!

LivePlan is a businessman answer to financial planning

I will be returning to use this software again and again.

Pros

* Ease in Functionality * Forecasting * Report generating * Ease in use

Cons

Nothing it was a great software to use.

Thanks for sharing your feedback David, we really do appreciate it.

Expert guidance

Pros

I needed to put a business plan together fast and needed to tailor it to what different audiences investors and partners required or needed to see.

Cons

I am not creating a business plan everyday or month so the subscription from the first month could have been lower maybe?

Thanks for your feedback - we greatly appreciate it!

A good step by step tool to create a business plan

I am torn with this software, I did like it and was able to create a first draft of the plan but then I had to put it on hold and they kept charging me a fee for just pausing the account. I ended up cancelling because I saw no point on paying for not using it at all.

Pros

The step by step guidance to create a business plan

Cons

The monthly charge for just pausing your account.

Good Way to Get Started on a Business Plan if You Are Stuck

Pros

It helps you by creating a framework for your plan. It was much easier to get started than if I had been looking at a blank notepad. I have always found that structure helps me tackle tasks when I'm not sure where to start.

Cons

I didn't really have anything negative to say about this program except that the price feels a bit steep for what you get.

I completed my business plan in about a week

Excellent and easy to use!! I completed my business plan in about a week. The bank was impressed by the business plan and I secured my loan. With my initial plan complete, I now have a "compass" to constantly refer back to to keep me on track for growth and remind me of great ideas I intend to pursueThank you so much!

Cons

Stellar way to make a business plan

I had to create business plans to apply for funding.

Pros

Easy to use and made a GORGEOUS business plan in pretty short order once I had all my ducks in a row.

Cons

Honestly nothing, this software was easy to use, made a great result and made me look like I could do it over again in a day or less.

Thanks Spencer - we really appreciate you taking the time to review! Best of luck!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.