Octopus CRM Logo

Octopus CRM

Lead generation and management software

Octopus CRM Reviews - Page 4

Nathan I.

Publishing, self-employed

Excellent Solution for Expanding Your LinkedIn Network

Octopus CRM has helped me expand my network of like-minded and backgrounded entrepreneurs, many of whom I have connected with offline and am now actively working with.

Pros

Funnel feature that automatically moves individuals from one interaction to another is key for my continued engagement with connections on LinkedIn.

Cons

I would like to see a feature where Octopus CRM invites connections to 'follow' my company page automatically (can click a follow link from the message) rather than the two step process that must be gone through where I send a message and the recipient has to go to my company page and then click the follow button.

JE

José Eduardo de B.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Fácil de usar e automatiza as tarefas.

Antes da utilização do Octopus eu realizava manualmente a prospecção via Linkedin e agora tenho mais tempo e produtividade porque as atividades são automatizadas.

Pros

O software é muito prático e fácil de usar. Recomendo.

Cons

Eu gosto de todo o produto, não tenho sugestão de melhoria.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

PB

Peter B.

Octopus CRM Review

Basically this is great tool. There are some complicated features but everything is good at all. The most wierd this is the managing my letters of different campaigns in one inconvenient place - right up small window :)

Pros

The system can track my contacts and messages and it organises the letters chain. I don't need to find people from the past to send them follow-ups

Cons

The interface is complicated. It is hard to manage the chains. Ex. If I would like to run several campaigns it would be messy. The best way would be to show the trace visually on the interface like a way of steps and have ability to manage the whole the trace.

RB

Raimundo B.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Octopus save me a lot of hours on a weekly bases

Octopus is a great tool for our sales team. We save countless hours contacting leads one by one and give us the possibility to contact a lot more prospects than we would do if we had to write one by one. Is a great tool that gives your sales team the ability to do outbound in a massive efficient way.

Pros

What I like the most is that I can setup different messages depending on my prospects and then send personalized messages to the different industry leads I have saved in my Linkedin lists. It is very easy and simple to use.

Cons

I would like a feature tu respond massively to responded users and a more complete dashboard of my activity.

LP

Laurent P.

Internet, self-employed

Simple. Do exactly what i nées.

Pros

Vert simple software. Do exactly what i need. Not expensive. Ability tu upgrade if more needed.

Cons

Fund some little bugs. Sometimes difficult to use with a standard LinkedIn account.

SL

Stephanie L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I would recommend this software as long as the person performing the duties to keep up with all the follow ups has the time to do it.

Pros

It makes connecting with other business owners easy and the follow up is great as long as you are using the software.

Cons

The CRM can be difficult to use and very sensitive with the data you upload. I have had issues and it took a bit to figure out, which is honestly a waste of time when this is suppose to save time. It takes a long time to launch the crm in the follow ups and messages.

BG

Bruno G.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Useful and efective

Pros

It was super easy to integrate in our sales cycle pipeline. We prospect a lot using it.

Cons

A shared pool of contacts for all sales team to track what's happening with the contacts we are reaching out.

DC

Dyon C.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Review by Cools

Also the customer support is great.

Pros

To get in touch with my target group, it works amazing.

Cons

The things that weren't told before about using the tool in a safe way and not getting your account block.

BA

Braj A.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Limited features

Good to begin with but lately finding flaws

Pros

Works but affiliate accounts are poorly integrated

Cons

- too many errors while processing - connections import/export limits - a lot more others

IH

Ian H.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Octopus

Pros

Easy to use Intuitive good support good video training

Cons

Can only import 1,000 contacts at a time Cannot embed images in messages funnels are a bit of a chore

NB

Nathan B.

Publishing, self-employed

LinkedIn Magic

Extremely helpful tool for automating the LinkedIn connection process. Then I can start making personal contacts after they connect.

Pros

I love how easy it is to import a search from LinkedIn (I used a free month of LinkedIn's paid upgrade). I use the connect tool to send out all the invites I can every day. I think people respond to them well because I'm using their name and a personal note.

Cons

When it imports names from LinkedIn, it doesn't seem to know to deal with prefix or suffix info. I always make sure to scan through the list and fix them.

AS

Alexander S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great, product, but I want something more

Experience is good.

Pros

Featured are goo, I would advise implementing more automation templates for specific industries.

Cons

Need more automation and lead generation flows.

KD

Kalcey D.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 501-1,000 employees

Good for beginners but easy to outgrow

It's better than nothing but there is definitely room for improvement.

Pros

The value for this software is in its ability to mass-connect with prospects without much effort from me.

Cons

This software works great for general searches but it requires workarounds for any sort of targeted search upload. I cannot go to a companies page of employees and upload all of them to Octopus I have to create a list and then upload leads from there. It would also be nice if the platform could separate those who have connected with me from those who haven't.

KD

Konstantin D.

Investment Banking, 11-50 employees

Great tool, using it daily!

Great, recommended it multiple times to my listeners on my podcast (Fundraising Radio) so really happy with it.

Pros

Super simple to use, using filters from linkedin so targeting people is very easy. Never got my linkedin account blocked, even though I'm sending out invites daily so that's a plus.

Cons

Automated messaging is poor. I want to be able to target people in my connections, while I think I can only message them in order that I have the chats in my inbox. If they fix this issue - definitely will upgrade to the next tier.

CM

Craig M.

Experence using Octopus CRM

Overall it is really positive and I love how it has helped to streamline our processes in the sales lifecycle. It is part of our automation strategy and would certainly recommend any one involved in the sales process to use it.

Pros

I love how much more efficient it makes me with my LinkedIn use and how much volume of activity I can generate through it with little overall input once things are set-up.

Cons

That it lets me add the same profiles to the same campaign if I add them again at a later date rather than just adding the fresh ones.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Best Linkedin Automation Software

Pros

It is very easy to import users and create messages in this software. It is the most intuitive out of the 3 options I've tried.

Cons

I wish users were automatically moved to the next step in a campaign, instead of having to forward them. I also would appreciate more personalization options for messages, particularly an industry tag.

JL

Jayne L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Simple process

I am always so busy running and managing my global team that I don’t have time to personally sit and do daily connections on LinkedIn - octopus has allowed me to search for quality connects and totally automate the process - like the program a lot

Pros

The ease of being able to genuinely connect with people on a daily basis building my network - just set the program running and wait for connects

Cons

Can be a little confusing with terminology at times

AV

Alec V.

Design, 11-50 employees

Easy and effective tool for Linkedin outreach

Octopus has automated processes that we've done manually in the most efficient way. Now we could focus on meaningful discussions, rather on manal and routine lead search.

Pros

Comparatively easy setup, super cost-effective, works smoothly

Cons

While Octopus is good for Linkedin outreach, I miss other outreach channels, like email and social networks. Reporting lacks clarity and doesn't drive meaningful insights

SM

Stan M.

Human Resources, self-employed

Useful tool for expaning your network and market reach

I am using Octopus to help me expand my connections into the market that serve. I also use Octopus to message prospective clients. It helps me be more productive and saves time.

Pros

Easy to use - and the use-limit safeguards allow me to use the product with more confidence.

Cons

I need to manually launch messages daily. It would be nice to have a feature that allowed automatic daily launch of a specified number of messages.

SR

Sarah R.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Helpful tool, some tricks have to be handled

Pros

Possibility to spread contact requests and messages easily

Cons

Dashboards don't really work. On November 25th I had a lot of connections & messages, but nothing shows. Today, November 27th only the first 17 connects show, but up to now I had 42 and still going. Also in the numbers to restrict the campaign (field in front of "launch") does not always work: after entering 7 persons to connect as a trial, the machine wouldn't stop until I quit manually!

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Highly recommend for relationship building

No complaints, I've already recommended it to several people. So happy I happened to find it.

Pros

Very easy to set-up and get going. Love that I can reach tons of people at a time; saves TONS of time, and you have the ability to customize messages with certain keys.

Cons

Just wish there were more filterable/reviewable columns, such as Title and Company, so that when you're going through your imported list, you can delete or prioritize based on your targets.

JR

JJ R.

Staffing and Recruiting, self-employed

Octopus Is Great!

I love it and I use it daily.

Pros

It makes it quick and easy to both visit and then connect with users on LinkedIn. The built in CRM ensures that I don't contact the same people over and over. It's a huge time-saver.

Cons

I wish that, once I have visited peoples profile, that I could have check boxes to forward only those few to the connection campaign. It tries to send several hundred and it tries to resend messages that have already been sent.

RR

Rockey R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Amazing software to manage Linkedin Account

All feaure provided works flawlessly and by far teh best one to use if you are using Linkedin.

Pros

Very easy to use when it comes to sending connect and bulk messages, easy to load data from Sales navigator and connects well falwlessly.

Cons

Unable to multiple Octopus accounts at the same time, Do not have an option to maanage mesasge sending like ( have options to send messages through sales navigator & manage response through Octopus for better customer engagment)

DP

Daniele P.

Dp Swiss

Very positive

Pros

Easy to use and effective functions . Smart sequences

Cons

Some additional functions such as the possibility to create campaigns folders to better organize the many sequences ongoing

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Best automation tool that I've used

Pros

I like that it so easy to use, very simple interface and automates my work in sending LinkedIn connections.

Cons

Free trial is 7 days only, a bit pricey. But still its a great platform to use.