Outreach Reviews - Page 2

CB

Cornell B.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Sales Development

With Outreach, we're solving the tedious work of outbounding by equipping SDRs with the powerful tools to mass scale their outreach efforts. Previously this work was done in spreadsheets with manual emails and just Salesforce as the CRM tracker for contacts. With Outreach, emails are automated, prospect statuses are automatically updated. We've saved significant time with Outreach. There is a steep learning curve because the tool has various nuances that require training.

Pros

Sequences is what makes Outreach so powerful. The fact that you can time, automate, and blast various emails to prospects using custom variables for a personalized feel is what makes Outreach so powerful. My role requires me to send mass volumes of emails to specific personas at various B2B companies. Most people don't respond after just 1 email. By loading multiple folks into a sequence and blasting that sequence has saved me significant time. Outreach also acts a CRM that keeps track of all communications. You can use filters to find specific prospects who have been sequenced or if they've been opted out or if they're in a specific stage in a sequence. These custom filters enable for specific targeting and tailoring.

Cons

Outreach does require level of training to some extent that isn't straightforward. For example, knowing how to load sequences, or create triggers, or how to automate certain tasks does require some playing around that is not intuitive unless you have some training. Our organization needed some 3rd party training for us to actually grasp the various aspects and nuances of Outreach. Without that 3rd party training, we would've made numerous mistakes and probably wouldn't have utilized the tool to the maximum efficiency.

Nate E.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Best sales sequencing tool on the market, hands down

Overall, I'm a huge fan of Outreach. It's a tool that I'll look for in my next company or at least recommend. If you have a large SDR and Inside Sales force, it's just silly not to invest in this technology. I save so much time on my prospecting and it holds me accountable. The reports on your progress are easy and when I work with my SDR multi-threading into an account, we can see each other's activity so we don't overlap.

Pros

At first, Outreach can look a bit overwhelming, but once you get through some early training, it will become second nature and best friend for prospecting. We also use Outreach as our dialer. What I love most is the ability to make quality drip campaigns, email sequencing that can be combined with phone and LinkedIn messaging, along with integrating with SFDC. I'm also a big fan of using Snippets which is a great way to create short sentences or data that you want to include in emails, while not going overboard on boring templates.

Cons

Not much, other than there's a lot going on. There are account and prospect views that you can build reports on top of that I really never use, but I'm sure could be useful. If you can focus on core functionality, then it's really quite easy to use.

Florence B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Made our SDRs way more productive

Great experience. Smooth during the sales cycle. Connects well to other solutions, pulling in key data on prospects. Product roadmap is also exciting (i.e. prospect insights and intelligence improving over time with AI insights).

Pros

We moved across from Groove to Outreach and this was one of the best decisions we made. Outreach connects much better to other tools in our stack and the functionality is on another level. Outreach has enabled our SDRs to stop wasting time context switching between loads of tabs and focus on prospecting, maximizing their time prospecting. I am a big fan of Outreach!

Cons

It would be great if it were simple to include a profile picture without the weird needing to have an avatar process on another platform.

Lauren W.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Outreach is my favorite sales tool

I am a big fan of Outreach. I think all Sales, Marketing & Sales Development teams should use it. Automation is the future!

Pros

I love the ease of use. I work with many people new to sales, new to our industry and they fall in love with outreach. It automates our sales strategy. It helps us follow a cadence or campaign on emailing, calling, sending a LinkedIn message, etc. Without it, we would struggle to follow up with our clients.

Cons

There are some small things that I don't like with Outreach. Things get stuck in failed & pending states and you are not notified... These are usually found too late as well. Wish there was more of an aggressive notification when things happen that we should be aware of. Also - I would love for them to build out their interface better for closing roles and marketing roles. We have it for our SDRs but would struggle to have marketing and account executives use the tool at the same time.

Great, but not perfect

Overall Outreach is a great tool for scaling out productivity but it seems to lack features in being able to automate follow ups on a one-off basis. You can schedule one email for further out but will have to actively remind yourself to continue following up which reduces the value automation can provide to a sales professional.

Pros

Outreach is a fantastic tool that enables me and my colleagues to be much more productive in our sales outreach. It's great to be able to schedule emails in advance and even put prospects into sequences for more extended outreach efforts (no pun intended) without the need to actively manage and pay attention to them. It's also great at helping keep me organized in terms of tasks I need to follow up on like calls. They're ability to track email opens and clicks is also extremely valuable in identifying which prospects are engaging most with the material I send over. Outreach also has some other analytics that seem somewhat helpful as well, though haven't dug too much into these or really leveraged them to great extent for our team.

Cons

There are some features that leave me wanting though. There are instances where I'd like to add just a slight bit of personalization for a very select few members of a sequenced group but in order to do that, I either need to have a reminder to catch that scheduled email right before it sends out (which defeats the purpose of the automation) or create an entirely new sequence just for 1 or 2 people which can really bog up my sequence view. Cheaper solutions like Yesware are able to allow for automated one-off sequences or email chains with a log built in to stop following emails if there's a response. Seems like it should be a fairly straight forward functionality but it's noticeably lacking in this platform.

Scott E.

The best outbound sales platform, period.

This software is responsible for revolutionizing our outbound sales process, and it will continue to be the best tool for us for years to come. I've evaluated other options but always came back to Outreach because it's the full package. Outbound sales is extremely scalable with this platform, and running a sales org on it is amazingly easy to manage.

Pros

I love that this software is so heavily focused on outbound sales. This isn't marketing software that you can adapt to sales, this is software created and built for sales organizations. That fact is very obvious in the way they implement their features. Outreach always leads the way in terms of feature innovation, and they continue to offer the best outbound email settings to truly automate your...

Cons

I don't know that there are any cons. The only one that I can imagine is that when you start fresh on the system, the interface can be a little bit daunting. There are actually a lot of settings, and if you don't understand the hierarchy or what you use for what, it can get very complicated. Thankfully they have good customer support and a LOT of good documentation, so it's not that bad if you spend some time learning it.

Internet, 201-500 employees

Very powerful software. Great integrations with SFDC and Gmail as well that make it super easy .

Outreach makes it so easy to meet that crucial nexus point in sales of volume + quality of messaging. Being able to have measured feedback on how well your emails are received means you can keep tweaking until you get open and response rates as high as possible. It makes me faster as a sales rep and more data driven as a team.

Pros

Outreach can do a TON. Being able to import a list of leads and have relevant info show such as title, last contact, etc.. is an amazing time saver when trying to make sure you're list (csv, sfdc report, etc..) is 'clean' and good to go. Being able to call directly through the platform is a huge time saver as well. All of the reporting around your sequences is a huge win. I will go through all...

Cons

Outreach feels like they are probably an engineering first design second kind of company. I say that because their software can do SO MUCH, but it's not always intuitive how to do specific things. It has taken me awhile to get fully up to speed on some of the tips and tricks that really make outreach awesome. This is barely a con, more so just a training or user experience comment. Outreach can do so much it'd be tough for them to make every little feature super easy to find and obvious. Perhaps some more specific live onboarding/training would be helpful as well.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great for SDRS

They have fantastic customer service and a great knowledge base, I believe its called Outreach University for their customers. It is pretty intuitive to use at least at a baseline level. As an SDR its been great to have this added to our tech stack.

Pros

Handling your outbound and inbound efforts via Outreach has made things much easier. Before we were using Yesware and although it was affordable the user design and analytics left a lot to be desired. With outreach we can see what sequences are performing the best, which email templates get the highest response, and even when the best time to send emails are. We are also easily able to A/B test within sequences or copy sequences that are working well for other Reps and duplicate. It has made it easy for me to increase how much outbound I am able to do and made it so I can target specific personas easily. I tend to work out of Outreach way more than I work out of Salesforce as an SDR.

Cons

I feel that there are still features I do not understand within Outreach that I might be able to use more effectively. If they could guide the user more to make sure we are leveraging more of the software I think that would add to it. One of the cons is that you are unable to make dials from your laptop via Outreach, it must come through your cell and I much prefer to make calls via my laptop.

AP

Aaron P.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

If you get out of your own way it's fantastic

Outreach has been fantastic but adoption has been the biggest issue we faced. If adoption is done well it will absolutely lead to better conversions of leads and revenue.

Pros

Outreach is extremely customizable and enables you to focus your time better by automating the tediousness away from prospecting and focus on the message and conversations.

Cons

Honestly it can be somewhat complex to use if you also have other tools that serve some functions that outreach allows. The best way to utilize in my opinion is to spend a ton of time up front to get the functionality the way you want and use as your exclusive tool for prospecting (aside from Sales Nav and that sort of thing)

'Rowdie' Mitch G.

11-50 employees

Terrible customer service. Great product.

I really enjoyed the software, what a great product. My first salesman was amazing, but as they scaled, we became a small account to them and really got treated like it. Stay away if you are looking for a great vendor experience, but if you are looking for a great product with great automation tools and email sequences... Outreach was the best we could find.

Pros

Wow, its an amazing product. I really enjoyed using it and it did win me alot of business. Alot of automated tasks which was amazing. Also their email management and manager permissions was incredible. Overall really simplified my teams day.

Cons

If you are a small company... expect to be treated terribly. We got random bills, and NO response from billing or their cusotmer support. You would get the runaround all day long. Seriously terrible experience even caused one of my employees to lose morale which isn't ultimately all Outreachs fault, I will take some accountability... but she wasn't getting her job done and couldln't get replies from Outreach. She was the manager supposed to control how many seats we had and manage costs... With an unresponsive team and random invoices with no explaination it became discouraging. I would highly recommend using the product if their sales team was ethical and their support would RESPOND. We got way overbilled and cancelling the account was even a hassle.

LW

Lloyd W.

Job Critical Software

Outreach is job critical for me and my reps. I would riot if my company took the tool away. I attribute my success as a sales rep to Outreach for allowing me to not let anything fall through the cracks.

Pros

I use Outreach daily to manage my work process. I honestly don't know how I did anything without the tool. It is something that I would like to use for the rest of my career.

Cons

Not often, but every once in a while I come up against small issues that can be frustrating, like not being able to sequence users. I have found though, that most of the time it is user error, but sometimes errors are not clear.

CM

Carrie M.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Unlimited options help sales teams succeed.

Outreach has helped us overcome several daily challenges related to the necessity to use many apps for a single task. Outreach allows us to manage marketing operations and respond to consumer demands in one platform, and its reports let us evaluate our performance and find ways to improve.

Pros

Since Outreach connects effortlessly with our CRM system, we can design it to fit our work. Outreach makes it easy to import and export data and contacts, send promotional materials, demos, announcements, videos, and voice messages to contact lists via email, text, and social media, and receive customer responses and inquiries, directing them to team members by specialization. Outreach's collaborative capabilities and ready-made templates allow all team members to engage. I also like Outreach's organized data and reporting records.

Cons

I've been using Outreach for a while, and it's virtually perfect. I only have a problem with member-removed contacts, which are entirely deleted from the system and I don't need again. To easily restore deleted contacts, I would like to find an archive.

Outreach Review

Great sales platform for teams looking to become more organized and increase their prospecting efforts.

Pros

Great sales engagement platform for any sales org looking to take their prospecting analytics and reporting to the next level. Sequencing, call recording, prospecting tracking, Salesforce integration are all great.

Cons

Very click heavy. I've had a lot of glitchy experiences where imports, mail merges, sequences fail and there is not a clear explanation as to why.

Very impressed

Pros

The reporting and amount of features is incredible to a point where I get embarrassed at our own efforts. Spectacular onboarding and overall experience getting started considering the technical part was quite immersive in our backend and Salesforce.

Cons

It is becoming a bit more troublesome to navigate and figure out a perfect solution but it seems to be addressed with the help of more CS and help desk articles.

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

The Best Productivity/Follow-up Tool

I think if your in a fast paced organisation that need to follow-up with a large amount of leads, it will help automate and save your employees a lot of time.

Pros

The best feature of the tool is that it saves the most important resource in our world - 'TIME', especially in the sales function an important part of the job is to follow-up with potential prospects/leads. Outreach help me focus on what matters the most (being productive) and focus less on simple tasks such as follow-up emails, logging tasks. Just creat a sequence, use the custom tabs if need be) and then emails go out periodically (you can decide the schedule and content). JUST LOVE IT

Cons

I think the app is very flexible, there are so many features and depending on your organisation you might have some features restricted. I would recommend reading their blogs (there are quite a few functionalities and features that you might want to use but never realize they were already there)

Erika M. B.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Outreach Review

I like the software, just wish I had the ability in my organization to skip tasks when necessary, create more custom messages, or have the ability to do more of an email only sequence occasionally.

Pros

I like that this software makes it easy to reach out to prospects of any industry in a timely manner. You can put prospects in email sequences, set future tasks for prospects that you want to reach out to later, send one off emails/bulk compose emails with customization of their names or accounts for example, and even make calls to the prospects directly from the application.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of small bugs in the software that prevent you from calling the prospects occasionally and the sound quality of the calls sometimes is a little hit or miss depending on the day. In my organization sometimes getting the prospects in sync with salesforce can be a hassle to get credit for the call that you just made if you have metrics. Also having this tool controlled by corporate limits the ability of customization in the sequences, emails sent out don't always work as well as ones that are customizable.

JS

Jill S.

Powerful sales automation tool

There are so many benefits, Seeing how many times prospects open your emails and having a call task automatically populate based on that. A/B testing with emails and subject lines. Outreach lets you get as manual or as automated as you want in your sequences letting you spend more time on warm leads while not totally neglecting the cold ones.

Pros

It's very easy to use and doesn't take a lot of training to get up and running. Really helps to make sure certain prospects don't slip through the cracks. It integrates really well with the other systems we have and makes it really easy to stay organized. They are always adding new features and listen to feedback.

Cons

If you go on vacation or have a holiday, it's a little annoying to go through and pause each individual sequence but they do have some content available on how to do it as easily as possible. There's not much I dislike. I've used several sales automation softwares and this one is by far my favorite.

KS

Krist S.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Useful product!

With Outreach, we can achieve efficient growth with every interaction. great product that is simple to use.

Pros

It allows you to ensure that every response that is interviewed face to face with the customer is highly productive. One platform to increase efficiency and effectiveness for Marketing, Sales Development, Closing and Success teams. Outreach provides fully customizable profiles and roles, and I love that it allows managers to lead their teams to success. In addition, ease of use is one of the most important things to understand the language of a program and I love the ease of use in Outreach.

Cons

Frankly, I haven't come across anything that I don't like. Very useful software. It gives you the chance to optimize the customer lifecycle for greater revenue and securely collaborate on a large scale. An excellent software that I find quite useful has nothing that I don't really like.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Great tool for automating sales prospecting

This tool helps automate email-based prospecting and marketing so your sales team can be more efficient.

Pros

I like the fact that Outreach has a wide array of functionality from email tracking, to email sequencing, reporting, and calendar integration. It serves a bunch of fundamental purposes for any sales team.

Cons

The biggest drawback of Outreach is the initial adoption and learning curve. It can take about a month or so to fully learn the ins and outs of the solution. Make sure your company invests in training when you roll this product out!

Great Sales Engagement Platform

So far the implementation and training team have been great. The product is reliable and really helping our team work faster.

Pros

Outreach makes it easy for my sales reps to take action on leads. There are ways to automate many steps they would have to do manually, thereby giving them more opportunity to focus in other areas. Outreach is very customizable.

Cons

Setup is complicated. It isn't just "plug and play". Until you spend a decent amount in the product, it is hard to remember how to get to everything.

SJ

Scott J.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Great platform for accelerating and automating sales processes

Very happy and allows me to do more of my job in a more streamlined and focused approach. Would happily refer Outreach to anyone looking to streamline their approach.

Pros

- Much easier to go about your day job and provide you with a single point of access - Very intuitive and integrations work well - Best sales platform I've ever used. - Support are very quick to answer, very helpful and take into account what you're saying - happy to take feature requests too. - Best practices shared a lot helping make the best of the solution. - As an outbound calling rep, Sequences are great to ensure you're covering all your territory and providing regular touchpoints

Cons

- Some teething issues with VOIP, but generally works well - support are very quick to answer and helpful.

JH

Jim H.

Seamless prospecting tool with a 1-to-1 alignment with CRM

Pros

Being able to prospect, contact prospects, and manage accounts and pipeline all in one solution. Having the integration with Salesforce allows for efficiency and seamless workflows within the sales organization.

Cons

Not having the ability to record calls and have conversation intelligence created a need for an additional solution that was a significant cost to the organization.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Good product, terrible, cocky sales team

Good product, adequate support, terrible sales team/experience. Brought this vendor on to one company I worked with, didn't bring it on to a future company because got tired/frustrated dealing with their sales team.

Pros

This product is pretty good, I've used Outreach, SalesLoft and Fileboard. Fileboard has the best sales team, they not only are helpful with understanding their product, but they also help with sharing their sales strategy using their product. SalesLoft and Outreach are the same in funcitonality, and SalesLoft has a good sales team. The issue I have with Outreach is their sales team is too arrogant, they have a good product, but I think teach them internally to be cocky, and it got so bad I just didn't want to use their product anymore and felt compelled to write this review.

Cons

The software is a bit glitchy sometimes, if it goes out you're just not using it that day. The sales team is very arrogant, not helpful. Companies with arrogant sales teams tend to have that culture bleed off into other areas, which make them very difficult vendors to work with .

CH

Chase H.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Outreach has flipped the table

First off, it's incredibly easy to figure out. I'm tech savvy but not many tools are as easy to figure out as Outreach. My previous sales positions were very hard work - lot's of manual work like sending emails, cold calling from lists, manual note taking and cadence tracking. Needless to say, my mind was a bit scrambled when the new boss at my current company started explaining what this platform...

Pros

How easy to use it is! This platform is reinventing the wheel but has created an incredible user interface and design that lets you hit the ground running.

Cons

Nothing about the platform is sub-par or oversold, but I would really benefit from having some sort of mobile app.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Misled, big time.

My AE was good, he did his job the way an AE should. Everything are yet I signed the contract was just below the bar.

Pros

Looks pretty, cheaper than some products but still expensive.

Cons

I spent 12 months trying to troubleshoot issues I was having with my signature pictures not sending through, I went back and forth with their support being asked to try all these different things that genuinely never worked. What’s the MOST disappointing this about all of this is I asked on numerous occasions if this issue was happening with any of outreaches other clients using outlook and outreach...