RocketDocs, Inc. Reviews

4.12/5 (67 reviews)

Harinder Kang

I like using this software. I like how it's organized and stores our work on the site.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Its ability to have database and RFP tracking capability.

Pros
I like how we can send requests to our database manager to update content and request SME checks through the Dashboard. I also like how we can track all the proposals in house, even as a user.

Cons
I think there are opportunities to improve some searching functionality, but I feel confident that team will build those capabilities.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I will pass on your feedback about search functionality to our developers.

Katie Anderson

We've been a PMAPS customer for about nine years and converted to WebPro this year.

Reviewed 2015-11-04

Pros: fast, easy navigation, intuitive search functionality, easy to categorize multiple records at once, easy to learn to use. We've had several new hires in the past year and each person has been able to catch on quickly without much formal training. Cons: wish there was a way to quickly take an item that was assigned and add it to WebPro from the Assignments dashboard. When you use the ReLink feature to update assignments, you lose your formatting. I know that it's technically a Word function, but it would be really nice if setting up the RFP template for WebPro was part of the conversion or onboarding process. Rather than teaching clients how to do it at the conference, it would be great if their transition manager walked them through it so they could produce professional RFPs as soon they are live on WebPro. It would save a lot of time later. Overall we are very happy with the software and our recent customer service. Our account manager, Philip Mervis, is proactive and always willing to help. I've worked with Shane Farrell several times recently and he is just wonderful. He contacts me immediately when I send a service request and walks me through the appropriate steps.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for reviewing PMAPS and Proposal Software, Katie! We're happy to hear you find the software user friendly. We'll be reaching out to you to better understand the issues you mentioned and see what we can do to help. And we couldn't agree more: Philip and Shane are pretty great. We'll be sure to pass along your recognition.

Hall Cherville

The features seem endless.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
Ability to categorize all content. Being able to retrieve all documents. Not having to reinvent a process for recurring proposals.

Cons
Perhaps not being able to really , at least seamlessly, respond to RFP excel requests. Maybe a class to better learn.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback.

Stacey Duwe

Easy and Intuitive Proposal Content Management tool

Reviewed 2015-11-05

Overall I think PMAPs is a very easy and intuitive tool to use when managing proposal content and completing proposals. I used to feel that the customer service at PMAPs was less than should be desired, but they seem to have really stepped up their game with their Account Managers and there is a significant difference in response time now if issues arise. Cons: Sometimes the system is glitchy which can be scary and frustrating when working on an important document (or any document for that matter). I also dislike how the system auto logs a user off - I work in the tool daily, for most of the day, and usually around 4 pm I will save the document I'm working in only to find out I've been logged out. This forces me to save a copy of the document locally, log back into PMAPs, open the document and then overwrite that version with my locally saved version to ensure all of my edits are stored. This is cumbersome and annoying and happens EVERY day. Pros: Easy to use and intuitive. Customer Service is very responsive. There is RARELY ever downtime with the system, which is extremely nice considering nearly all proposal work is deadline driven.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you very much for your feedback, Stacey! We are constantly striving to make the PMAPS user experience as smooth as possible, so we've updated software glitches and solved the timeout issue you mentioned. We highly recommend upgrading to the latest version of PMAPS to improve your experience. Our goal is to keep making your job easier. Thanks again for your time.

Anonymous

Very reliable and dependable performance.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
Ease of use. consistent results when using the tool. Predictable results helps train new users to use the application efficiently.

Cons
Mass adding new records and information. Very manual process that requires our admin to touch and modify every new entry

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for the feedback!

Jennifer Lehner

Decent Proposal Platform

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Pros
It's nice to have our responses in a library. The software is reliable, and our contacts are friendly and helpful

Cons
Uploading answers can be cumbersome and requires many clicks. We don't always add our standard responses because there are so many steps.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for the feedback!

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Kristyn Nett

Convenient google-like search function.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Pros
I like that I can access my entire library and filter by categories. This makes conducting my job easier.

Cons
I wish the results were more consistent. I don't often get the same results from the same searches, perhaps I just need further training.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for the feedback!

Lanette Ciresi

I wish they made PMAPS pom poms because I'd be their biggest cheerleader

Reviewed 2018-09-27

Pros
I've been using PMAPS since 2007 and find it very intuitive and easy to use. The ability to apply so many levels of taxonomy is critical to the success of my team.

Cons
I cannot think of any downside to the application

Response from RocketDocs

Thank you for your feedback on PMAPS!

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Anonymous

I use PMAPS everyday as my team stores all of our documents here for reference.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

We store all of our documents that we work on here and language as IDs in the search tab to search for and use and update along the way.

Pros
I like the overall setup of the site. The search nature on the Search tab and the setup of the page.

Cons
One item that could be improved is the ability to search for words, sentences, phrases, etc. in the dashboard tab. It would be nice to search through old uploaded finalized documents for example the word "municipal bond" to find past documents where this word was used within the document. This is only currently available in the "Search tab" which contains Different ID documents vs. the Dashboard. It would be nice to have the search ability of the search tab in the dashboard tab. Also when I toggle "Webpro filters" it would be nice to search for a filter in the "add new filter" drop down

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for the compliment regarding our setup. I will pass on your feedback about search functionality to our developers.

Gonzalo Bas

easy use

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
good search system and good administration. Easy to use and good approach for RFIs and RFPs. Great to arrange content

Cons
The look and feel should be better. It looks a bit like a 90's application. Should use nicer buttons and colours

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for the feedback regarding our formatting!

JeRon Tucker

PMAPS Review

Reviewed 2018-09-07

Overall, I tend to have a pretty positive experience with PMAPS

Pros
I like being able to save frequent searches so that I can retrieve them quickly at a later time.

Cons
Many times it seems like I don't always find what I'm looking for.

James Edkins

Very efficient way for finding answers

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
Ease of use and no training required. Generally the speed is great and search is efficient...........

Cons
Not really an issue with the software, rather the data maintenance process is a burden. Maybe some more intelligence in the search i.e. if I search for GE it will find General Electric, without me having to add this

Ella Wilson

Seem complicated at first but become easier once consistency in use.

Reviewed 2018-02-01

From the software I am able to do a little more than I normally would without it, that was a plus for me.

Pros
Features are pronounced and the usability is great. Like being able to have more choices when working.

Cons
seem a little slow at first speed has taken up but maybe when too much load or usage it slows down a bit.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for the feedback!

Hannah Raes

Not good for small companies, expensive

Reviewed 2018-07-19

Pros
The only thing I like about this software is the ability to search and find key words/responses in old documents quickly.

Cons
Program is extremely costly for smaller companies that do not need to utilize all of the functions. Difficult to use and slow customer service. Uploading is time consuming

Response from RocketDocs

Thank you for your feedback!

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Iris Scharfenbaum

As RFP writerPMAPS is a very good tool.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Pros
Extractions out of the tool and key word finding is very easy. Tool is very logic and easy to use, not much training needed

Cons
only key words can be found within the tool, no phrases. When typos or star* search is not possible

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for the feedback!

eugene feldman

Lots of maintainance required to keep information up to date, and the app could be more intutitive

Reviewed 2018-01-29

Pros
I like the functionality of being a lot to store and search through a wide array of information. I Like the ability to filter and sort and to pull up the documents where responses originally came from

Cons
The app is not very intutitive to use and sometimes hard to keep up to date. I was there was a better and more automated way to keep information up to date.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback.

jonathan maher

Lots of content management with RFP's

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
Ease of searching for global content and ease of updating the data. Many users were able to be added and picked up on it easily

Cons
Logging in at one point was difficult where we had to trouble shoot why there were issues getting into PMAPS

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for the feedback!

Jessica Parsons

PMAPs has been a very helpful tool and is really user friendly.

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Making it easy for me to create proposals without a lot of industry knowledge.

Pros
I like how user friendly it is. For someone who has no experience in the industry I am working in, PMAPS makes it easy for me to find the pieces I need to create a professional proposal.

Cons
For a few weeks I had extreme difficulty logging in. It would continuously say my username and password was invalid and I never would get emails (they just wouldn't send) to update them. It was difficult to get the help I needed logging in.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback.

PMAPS does it all!

Reviewed 2017-11-10

Pros
We needed a reliable document and Q&A repository. Not only does it go beyond satisfying that requirement with excellent search and management capabilities, but I can respond to proposals quickly, using less resources or enable my sales team to save HOURS of time creating proposals, SOWs, and PPT presentations in a super user-friendly manner.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Hannah Bell

The search functionality in PMAPS is my greatest complaint. An easier Search ability would be great!

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
Ease of uploading new documents is great. This is user friendly and easily done. The time it takes to create a new item is minimal.

Cons
The Search Functionality. it is difficult and not user friendly unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for the compliment regarding our upload process. I will pass on your feedback about search functionality to our developers.

fazal ahmed

I think inherently that PMAPS is a good system with good potential

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Good language bank

Pros
I like being able to search for words within documents and linking Q&A. The system has good network opportunities to join up the wider and international teams.

Cons
I find it hard to find answers at times although this may be a navigational issue and I do like the application.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you very much for your feedback!

JeRon Tucker

I'm fairly new to using PMAPS and I seem to be able to search now pretty easily.

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Pros
Being able to narrow down searches through categories. I like being able to right click and narrow down the amount of categories in the search to make it easier to find the document I'm looking for.

Cons
Sometimes having to ask for assistance to locate a document because of the wording. Having to be specific with wording in the documents I'm searching for can make it harder to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for the feedback!

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Lori Van Dreal

I use this daily.

Reviewed 2018-03-02

It serves as a place to store all of our most frequently used responses -- making it possible to to go to one place.

Pros
It is easy to use -- not complicated. It is helpful to have a place to store our most frequently used responses for RFPs.

Cons
I find the key word search process frustrating. It is very difficult to find what I need when using key words.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Used as our proposal Library

Reviewed 2018-09-10

I wish there was a bit more organization and better search.

Pros
The ability to save and file multiple documents is great.

Cons
This search function is a bit difficult to use.

Response from RocketDocs

Thank you for your feedback!

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Cathy Lucas

This software is exceptionally helpful in the proposal automation process.

Reviewed 2017-11-10

Pros
Ease of adding and maintaining content in the database. It's also really simple to navigate in the interface.

Cons
Sometimes the same nomenclature is used for different things, which can be confusing. Some of the icons are also identical but do different things.

Response from Proposal Software

Thank you for the review, Cathy! We really appreciate your honest feedback. As for the nomenclature and icons, we'll let our development team know.